TRU 2/10-2/16 Ad: Wii consoles, DSL handhelds, GHIII deals

JediBaja

CAGiversary!
Toys "R" Advertisement for Sunday, February 10th to Saturday, February 16th

Scan: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/Gaming/TRUad001.jpg

Consoles/Handhelds:
Wii Game System Console - $249.99
Nindendo DS Lite - $129.99 (cobalt blue, crimson red, coral pink, onyx black, polar white)

Guitar Hero:
Wii GHIII Bundle - $69.99 (Save $20)
360 GHIII game - $49.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GHIII game - $39.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GH Encore: Rocks the 80's game - $39.99 (Save $10)

DS Games:
Petz Catz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Dogz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Hamsterz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Horsez 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz - $19.99 (Save $10)

Electronics:
TOM TOM One XL - $299.99 (Save $50)
Sony 2GB Video MP3 Player - $89.99 (Save $10)

[quote name='Starving Gamer']Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.
The following items are on the 2/10 flyer:
  • Save $10 on Guitar Hero III--$49.99 XB360, $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar hero Rocks the 80's $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar Hero bundle for WII--$69.99, was $89.99
  • $129.99 Nintendo DS Lite, including the new blue one.
  • Save $10 on all Petz games for the DS @ $19.99, was $29.99 (shows pic of Hamsterz 2, Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, and Dolphinz)
  • Zoo Tycoon 2, Professor Layton and the curious village, A.W. Days of Ruin for $29.99; Mario & Sonic Olympics $34.99
  • The add DOES feature WIIs, meaning at least 6 will be available per store--plan on getting up really early if you want to snag one!
The following are markdowns effective Monday, 2/11. It is by no means a comprehensive list, as it contains only clearanced items that are part of one particular store's inventory--other stores may feature more or less items depending on their stock. If a store near you does carry these titles, however, the following prices will be effective as of 2/11. Please feel free to add any other titles you might come across.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
  • Project Gotham 4--$39.99
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Metal Slug Anthology--$9.90
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
  • Suikoden Tactics--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Napoleon Dynamite--$9.90
  • Ed, Edd & Eddie--$19.99
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
  • P.o P. Rival Swords--$9.90
Well, it's not a great list but it's a start. It is kinda interesting, however, because the $9.90 price point is new and could signify a new wave of clearanced games--we can only hope!
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

PS: I first posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again if ya missed it.:dunce:[/quote]

[quote name='runpuddrun']Yeah, but why be a jerkoff like the people who buy a wii every time they see one. Why not just post an ad on craigslist telling everyone of the sale?[/quote]
not everyone is buying it to sell.

Forcing bundles is horrible, I would still call corporate even if you got them to honor just the system for $249, because you shouldn't have to get into an argument to get what is advertised.

got there to TRU in East Lansing, Michigan at 6:30am because someone from amazon forums recommended it (was first one there). Didn't have to show up that early at all as they had 40+ I believe in stock. They started handing out vouchers at 9ish am and the 30+ that I waited with all received one. Thank you topic poster. :applause:

A HUGE THANK YOU to the topic starter with the ad.
I got my Wii this morning in Chesapeake, VA. I got there at 5:50am and was 13th in line!!! Over 40 people showed up, and vouchers were handed out to 36 people around 8:30am.

Two fights almost broke out due to people cutting in line, then 12 out of the 36 Wii's were damaged during shipping, some boxed completely ripped apart :hot: I got a mint one though. Thanks again!!!

I wasn't talking about him buying a Wii, I was referring to Duncanzits, not fadez wanting to buy GH3 and sell it on Craigslist... And yes, he just asked if he could sell it on craigslist....

[quote name='runpuddrun']I wasn't talking about him buying a Wii, I was referring to Duncanzits, not fadez wanting to buy GH3 and sell it on Craigslist... And yes, he just asked if he could sell it on craigslist....[/quote]

My bust. I shouldn't have gotten defensive so quick :)

[quote name='stilldontlikeyou']A HUGE THANK YOU to the topic starter with the ad.
I got my Wii this morning in Chesapeake, VA. I got there at 5:50am and was 13th in line!!! Over 40 people showed up, and vouchers were handed out to 36 people around 8:30am.

Two fights almost broke out due to people cutting in line, then 12 out of the 36 Wii's were damaged during shipping, some boxed completely ripped apart :hot: I got a mint one though. Thanks again!!![/quote]

I'm happy to help out my fellow GAGers. Congrats to all of those who were able to take advantage of the the deals this week! I'm sad to see that some TRUs are still "forcing" bundles to boost their BPP (warranty) percentage.

Its a good chance that all of the clearance games that were 19.98 should be 9.90 today(Monday). The section where I could look up stuff at TRU is gone and I wasn't able to copy the store markdown list. Just going off my bad memory the only newer 9.90 stuff I remember seeing was:

Ace Combat X(could be less than 9.90)
Kororinpa
Metroid Prime Hunters
Monster 4x4(Wii)
Need for Speed Carbon(Wii)
Wing Island

Hope this helps.

[quote name='benboxer']Its a good chance that all of the clearance games that were 19.98 should be 9.90 today(Monday). The section where I could look up stuff at TRU is gone and I wasn't able to copy the original markdown list. Just going off my bad memory the only newer 9.90 stuff I remember seeing was:

Kororinpa
Metroid Prime Hunters
Monster 4x4(Wii)
Wing Island

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Anything helps been...thanks.

[quote name='benboxer']Its a good chance that all of the clearance games that were 19.98 should be 9.90 today(Monday). The section where I could look up stuff at TRU is gone and I wasn't able to copy the store markdown list. Just going off my bad memory the only newer 9.90 stuff I remember seeing was:

Kororinpa
Metroid Prime Hunters
Monster 4x4(Wii)
Wing Island

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
i would pick up the hunters and the carbon.

went to toys r us in burbank and orland (illinois) looking for...

metal slug
metroid hunters
darkness

no luck. did any find them? Thanks

I would personally like anyone who was forced to or almost forced to buy a bundle to call 1-800-toysrus and file a complaint. These stores are making the rest of us look bad and I am sick of it. The 2 yr plan on the Wii is only 39.99...if you wished to purchase it...

HUGE NEWS

I GOT THE LIST! however I took pics with my cellphone so it is extremely hard to make out titles. I somehow managed to do this and I don't even work there (I am not about to let SD/FW steal my effort). If the list doesn't come out right, well know a lot of drops and new prices to share.

I can't do it all now because I am extremely busy with school...maybe late tonight. I am really hesitant to share because I know FW/SD will be all over this in a second and steal it from us. I am thinking about using watermarks at the least.

I can confirm the OPS info and Benboxers.

All I can say for now is...

TONS of new prices/drops on DS/GBA/PS2 some 3-6 dollar titles. A decent amount of wii/360/ps3 . 19.98 games should ring up 9.90 or something.

Please don't get your hopes up for the entire list...the quality might be too bad.

Has anyone been able to find Darkness at 9.90 ... anywhere? every tru i tried doesnt carry it. some sort of sick joke i guess. And it also isnt on the AD that I can see online nor the ad in store. Any idea where this even came from?

GOT the List?! whaaa?

1) What list?

2) Dont let the FW/SD guys get it...! Do something special so they cant have it. (And while you are at it... mail me the list ;) lol)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']or maybe posting it in this thread (but not on the 1st post) and not making a new thread about a clearance[/quote]

What I was thinking. Can't cheapy d make a password protected forum...?

he can, but they have accounts too... they would just sign up and get the password. =/ how about you have to have been a CAG for a year to see it ;) lol. (that would suck for the newcomers, heh)... i like the idea of keeping it on this thread, on this middle page, and not on page 1.

Why does it matter if another website gets a hold of it?

If you're worried about them not giving credit, just add text to the picture or something like "PROPERTY OF CHEAP ASS GAMERS" or something.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Why does it matter if another website gets a hold of it?

If you're worried about them not giving credit, just add text to the picture or something like "PROPERTY OF CHEAP ASS GAMERS" or something.[/quote]

I mentioned this in my original post. Expect the list here with watermarks around 11 pacific.

[quote name='kevzik']HUGE NEWS
I GOT THE LIST! however I took pics with my cellphone so it is extremely hard to make out titles. I somehow managed to do this and I don't even work there (I am not about to let SD/FW steal my effort). If the list doesn't come out right, well know a lot of drops and new prices to share.
I can't do it all now because I am extremely busy with school...maybe late tonight. I am really hesitant to share because I know FW/SD will be all over this in a second and steal it from us. I am thinking about using watermarks at the least.
I can confirm the OPS info and Benboxers.
All I can say for now is...
TONS of new prices/drops on DS/GBA/PS2 some 3-6 dollar titles. A decent amount of wii/360/ps3 . 19.98 games should ring up 9.90 or something.
Please don't get your hopes up for the entire list...the quality might be too bad.[/quote]This is interesting because I, too, saw a list, but I was a little less impressed. It only had 30 or so titles and nothing that made me say Good God!!! I went on my biweekly run to TRU (since there was a new set of drops) to look for a drop on 360: Dead Rising, Hitman BM, Godfather, and Burnout Revenge. First, no drops on all but BR which was now sold out. After price checking the first games and saying my buddy who works at a TRU in Richmond saw them at 10 at his store, the guy was like, yeah there were a bunch of drops today and I got him to show me the list at the checkout. The only two I can confirm from Starving Gamer's list are:

360 PGR4 39.99
Xbox Head Coach 5

Also saw:
This is about all of the 360 games on the list. About all of the 9.98 games dropped to 5
All 5.00
Burnout Revenge (from 29.98!!!)
Table Tennis
Kameo
XBLA Unplugged
Dynasty Warriors 5
Perfect Dark Zero

All 9.90
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Cabela's Alaskan Adv

PS3
I saw no PS3 games on the list and I was looking hard for the Darkness

PS2
Alot of games that were 10 or so dropped to 5
Okami for 5!
Hitman BM 5
Scarface 5
Ace Combat Zero 19.99 (from 39.99)

GC
Four or five kids games, I think Barnyard and I know at least one Harvest Moon game down to 5 or 9.90

Xbox
There were a couple, but none that jumped out and I can't remember at the moment
Head Coach 5

DS
Five or six kids/puzzle/value games 5 or 9.90

GBA
Same as DS 5 or 9.90

Wii
I think there were a few, but no big names. I got hit in the head alot playing football so my memory is only so good.

I did NOT see 360 Surf's Up, PS3 Darkness, or DS Metroid Prime Hunters on the list. If you were hoping a clearance game would drop you can post or pm and ask as that may jog my memory or you can wait for Kevzik's, Starving Gamer's or benboxer's lists. The list at this store included games not in stock according to the employee and he said it came from corporate, although I will note that this store is not always super up to date on clearance prices so maybe they pick and choose from the corporate list??? I know their lists are different than what I saw, but I don't doubt the validity of Starving Gamer's list and Benboxer has always been on the money, I'm just reporting what was on the list at this store. Maybe they had an incomplete list.

I snagged Okami for me although I would gladly trade it for Burnout Revenge (I had been watching the last copy at the last store in the metro that had it) and Kameo and Dynasty Warriors cause how bad could it be for 5. Also CML for Burnout or paypal or ask cause I've gotten a few more things not yet on my TL!

I think the issue is that we want less "hoarders" attacking the ToysRus's in the area.... and make it so that only the CAGs can get to hoarding! :) less people know, more for everyone who does. Thats my take on it anyways

[quote name='reicaden']I think the issue is that we want less "hoarders" attacking the ToysRus's in the area.... and make it so that only the CAGs can get to hoarding! :) less people know, more for everyone who does. Thats my take on it anyways[/quote]

Or maybe members here like me are sick of FW/SD stealing our hard earned info and not giving credit. Stealing my coupons scans and claiming them with phoney stories. They have members named "stealfromcagtogiveFW" and im sick of their BS.

[quote name='reicaden']I think the issue is that we want less "hoarders" attacking the ToysRus's in the area.... and make it so that only the CAGs can get to hoarding! :) less people know, more for everyone who does. Thats my take on it anyways[/quote]

So it's okay for people here to hoard stuff, but it's wrong if it is someone from another board?

I'm not sticking up for them, but that's kind of a far out double standard.

Somebody once told me that you'd be amazed what you can accomplish if you don't care who receives the credit. Seems half the people want to make it something where people like me (new to CAG) won't be privy to the info. Since I've joined CAG I've gotten some good "heads up" on a few deals, and I'm supposed to pick up a game for a fellow CAG (a vet, tho)if my local store still has it. A move like that would hurt people like me, more than SD (as they'd probably still get the info one way or another).

Here it is. While uploading, I think it might of been possible that I forgot a page (maybe not). Ill do my best to put up any highlights I saw. I did a little something to help fight against those other forums. My TRU was currently retagging today, yours may of been too. Maybe we won't even need this list...who knows? Sorry for the poor quality, but if you try hard, its legible. I had to do this FAST...

Mods, I am thinking we leave this here until the TRU sunday ads expire. Then we could make one dedicated thread for those cags who didnt see it in here. I am leaving it here to help prevent SD/FW hoarding (chances are it will still happen).

Thank you CAG. I owe'd you all one.

Highlights: (possibly more)

Wii
NFS Carbon 9.xx
Super Swing Golf 9.xx
Supermonkey Banana Blitz 9.xx
SSX Blur 9.xx
Zelda Sling bag 9,xx
Zelda Game case 2.50

DS
Bust a Move 5.00
Metriod Prime Hunters 9.xx

Ps3
Sonic 9.xx

Ps2
DDRMAX 9.xx
Eye toy...eh...some cheap price

PSP

Project 8 9.xx
Virtua Tennis 5.00
Loco Roco 9.xx

[quote name='kevzik']Here it is. While uploading, I think it might of been possible that I forgot a page (maybe not). Ill do my best to put up any highlights I saw. I did a little something to help fight against those other forums. My TRU was currently retagging today, yours may of been too. Maybe we won't even need this list...who knows? Sorry for the poor quality, but if you try hard, its legible. I had to do this FAST...

Mods, I am thinking we leave this here until the TRU sunday ads expire. Then we could make one dedicated thread for those cags who didnt see it in here. I am leaving it here to help prevent SD/FW hoarding (chances are it will still happen).

Wii
NFS Carbon 9.xx
Super Swing Golf 9.xx
SSX Blur 9.xx
Zelda Sling bag 9,xx
Zelda Game case 2.50

DS
Bust a Move 5.00

Ps3
Sonic 9.xx

PSP
Project 8 9.xx[/quote]

I can't see, but thank you for the short list.
Hopefully I can find something good this time.

[quote name='Methadon']It's pretty hard to tell which format some of these are. Is Sonic supposed to be the only PS3 title for

[quote name='kevzik']I think there was a total of 3.

yea..it was odd not seeing the darkness, idk...[/quote]

I should also ask if my results should vary, or if as long as it's in-stock the price will be the same?

[quote name='kevzik']Here it is. While uploading, I think it might of been possible that I forgot a page (maybe not). Ill do my best to put up any highlights I saw. I did a little something to help fight against those other forums. My TRU was currently retagging today, yours may of been too. Maybe we won't even need this list...who knows? Sorry for the poor quality, but if you try hard, its legible. I had to do this FAST...[/quote]

Looks like the 4th pic is the same content as the 2nd pic.
Prices are mostly illegible to me, except I can distinguish between

[quote name='kevzik']I think there was a total of 3.

yea..it was odd not seeing the darkness, idk...[/QUOTE]

Maybe because the store you got the list from was OOS on the Darkness so it wasn't on the list?

I can confirm the $9.90 price on it as I scanned the UPC at 2 different TRU's yesterday, unfortunately both were OOS.

Thanks for posting the list

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Maybe because the store you got the list from was OOS on the Darkness so it wasn't on the list?

I can confirm the $9.90 price on it as I scanned the UPC at 2 different TRU's yesterday, unfortunately both were OOS.

Thanks for posting the list[/quote]

Possible...I didnt find the darkness there so maybe its a list of what my store has like you say

If someone can pick up WTF, Exit, and Sid Meier's Pirates for the PSP for the prices on those list, I'd gladly pay the cost + shipping & a little extra. Or you can check my trade lists to see if there is something you want.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']If someone can pick up WTF, Exit, and Sid Meier's Pirates for the PSP for the prices on those list, I'd gladly pay the cost + shipping & a little extra. Or you can check my trade lists to see if there is something you want.[/quote]

Yeah, I think I didn't save some pages/took dups. I was under crazy pressure. Going back today to scout

[quote name='kevzik']Here it is. While uploading, I think it might of been possible that I forgot a page (maybe not). Ill do my best to put up any highlights I saw. I did a little something to help fight against those other forums. My TRU was currently retagging today, yours may of been too. Maybe we won't even need this list...who knows? Sorry for the poor quality, but if you try hard, its legible. I had to do this FAST...

Wii
NFS Carbon 9.xx
Super Swing Golf 9.xx
SSX Blur 9.xx
Zelda Sling bag 9,xx
Zelda Game case 2.50

DS
Bust a Move 5.00

Ps3
Sonic 9.xx

Ps2
DDRMAX 9.xx
Eye toy...eh...some cheap price

PSP

Project 8 9.xx
Virtua Tennis 5.00
Loco Roco 9.xx[/QUOTE]

4th and 2nd page is the same. but i apprecite for you posting the list (i can actually read it)

Just got back from my local We 'B' Toys, and not much for clearance. Here's what I saw:

PS2:
Shark Tale (about 42 copies @ $5)
Goldeneye
Lumins

Xbox:
Dance Dance Revolution...forgot which one, but it's a green box and comes with a mic ($10)

Xbox 360:
X-Men III
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

DS:
Texas Hold 'em
Golden Nugget

I tried to read the text and this is what I could read from the XB360 group:

Don't yell at me if any of these are in-correct I am just trying to help ..

The price field is hard to make out if it is 5.xx or 9.xx .

XBOX 360

( 9.xx or less)

Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
Rumble Roses X
The Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero SE
NBA Street Homecourt
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
FIFA Soccer
Arcade Unplugged
Xmen Official ?
Bomberman Act Zero
Superman Returns
Table Tennis
200? FIFA World
Test Drive Unlimited

[quote name='spamfree2']I tried to read the text and this is what I could read from the XB360 group:

Don't yell at me if any of these are in-correct I am just trying to help ..

The price field is hard to make out if it is 5.xx or 9.xx .

XBOX 360

( 9.xx or less)

Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
Rumble Roses X
The Outfit
Perfect Dark SE
NBA Street Homecourt
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
FIFA Soccer
Arcade Unplugged
Xmen Official ?
Bomberman Act Zero
Superman Returns
Table Tennis
200? FIFA World
Test Drive Unlimited[/quote]

Perfect Dark CE is $29.xx @ my local TRU

[quote name='Methadon']Perfect Dark CE is $29.xx @ my local TRU[/quote]

Looking back at the image it looks like a ZE instead of CE.

bread's done
Back