TRU 2/10-2/16 Ad: Wii consoles, DSL handhelds, GHIII deals

JediBaja

CAGiversary!
Toys "R" Advertisement for Sunday, February 10th to Saturday, February 16th

Scan: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/Gaming/TRUad001.jpg

Consoles/Handhelds:
Wii Game System Console - $249.99
Nindendo DS Lite - $129.99 (cobalt blue, crimson red, coral pink, onyx black, polar white)

Guitar Hero:
Wii GHIII Bundle - $69.99 (Save $20)
360 GHIII game - $49.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GHIII game - $39.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GH Encore: Rocks the 80's game - $39.99 (Save $10)

DS Games:
Petz Catz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Dogz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Hamsterz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Horsez 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz - $19.99 (Save $10)

Electronics:
TOM TOM One XL - $299.99 (Save $50)
Sony 2GB Video MP3 Player - $89.99 (Save $10)

[quote name='Starving Gamer']Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.
The following items are on the 2/10 flyer:
  • Save $10 on Guitar Hero III--$49.99 XB360, $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar hero Rocks the 80's $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar Hero bundle for WII--$69.99, was $89.99
  • $129.99 Nintendo DS Lite, including the new blue one.
  • Save $10 on all Petz games for the DS @ $19.99, was $29.99 (shows pic of Hamsterz 2, Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, and Dolphinz)
  • Zoo Tycoon 2, Professor Layton and the curious village, A.W. Days of Ruin for $29.99; Mario & Sonic Olympics $34.99
  • The add DOES feature WIIs, meaning at least 6 will be available per store--plan on getting up really early if you want to snag one!
The following are markdowns effective Monday, 2/11. It is by no means a comprehensive list, as it contains only clearanced items that are part of one particular store's inventory--other stores may feature more or less items depending on their stock. If a store near you does carry these titles, however, the following prices will be effective as of 2/11. Please feel free to add any other titles you might come across.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
  • Project Gotham 4--$39.99
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Metal Slug Anthology--$9.90
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
  • Suikoden Tactics--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Napoleon Dynamite--$9.90
  • Ed, Edd & Eddie--$19.99
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
  • P.o P. Rival Swords--$9.90
Well, it's not a great list but it's a start. It is kinda interesting, however, because the $9.90 price point is new and could signify a new wave of clearanced games--we can only hope!
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

PS: I first posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again if ya missed it.:dunce:[/quote]

[quote name='Wario64']my TRu doesnt have jack, meh.[/quote]

Ruh roh... were these games gone or just not tagged? I know one by me had Monkey ball, and that's actually what I'm looking for here. I'll probably stop by on the way to my girlfriends tonight anyway. I'll post what I find tomorrow or Thursday, pending on my return.

[quote name='Methadon']Perfect Dark CE is $29.xx @ my local TRU[/quote]Did you have them scan it. Most TRUs around here mark some but not all clearance stuff. Of course, some never seem to drop. Also, I thought there was just a standard version and an LE. Maybe if there is a separate CE it was not entered into clearance?

I think this is new:

DS Star Wars Lethal Alliance 9.90

Be so much easier if TRU has one of those price scanners that many stores have now... mainly one in the "R" Zone... oh well, at least they don't lock all their games up in a back room anymore.

This is verified.. OKAMI is $5. I scanned it but they had none.. If anyone does happen to find a few.. I'd be interested in 1.

Here is what I did find:

XB360

Table Tennis $5
Arcade Unplugged $5
Surfs UP $9.xx

Yes im pretty sure Okami is coming to wii, i remember seeing a large thread about it on neogaf. Still though 5 bucks is hard to pass on.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Be so much easier if TRU has one of those price scanners that many stores have now... mainly one in the "R" Zone... oh well, at least they don't lock all their games up in a back room anymore.[/QUOTE]

mine has one in the R zone.

[quote name='spamfree2']I tried to read the text and this is what I could read from the XB360 group:

Don't yell at me if any of these are in-correct I am just trying to help ..

The price field is hard to make out if it is 5.xx or 9.xx .

XBOX 360

( 9.xx or less)

Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion
Rumble Roses X
The Outfit
Perfect Dark Zero SE
NBA Street Homecourt
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
FIFA Soccer
Arcade Unplugged
Xmen Official ?
Bomberman Act Zero
Superman Returns
Table Tennis
200? FIFA World
Test Drive Unlimited[/quote]

Some of them must be YMMV, because I checked today and Test Drive was $19.99

But I did find Fight Night Round 3 (360) for $9.90.

Here's what I found:

Wii
Monster Truck 4x4 - $9.90
Super Swing Golf - $9.90

PS2
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows - $9.90
Sly Cooper - $5.00
Xenosaga III - $9.90

PSP
Lumines - $9.90
Sid Meier Pirates! - $9.90

DS
Chicken Little - $5.00
Micro Machines V4 - $9.90
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $9.90

GBA
Fantastic 4 Flame On - $5.00

I managed to grab Killzone: Liberation for the PSP for $9.90. It was the only game I saw that was remotely interesting. My TRU had at least 4 copies of Xenosaga III for either 5.xx or 9.xx, I forgot as I already have the game.

I asked the sales guy about Darkness for the PS3 and he said he was looking for it too and it was out of stock. It appears that this particular TRU had a bin with all the games in it and it looked pretty empty. Didn't have time to check the shelves like I wanted to.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']I asked the sales guy about Darkness for the PS3 and he said he was looking for it too and it was out of stock.[/quote]Did the sales guy acknowledge that the Darkness is now 9.90? I've checked three TRUs in the area and none of them have it for either PS3 or 360 (I know it's just reported as clearanced on the PS3, but I figured it couldn't hurt to check).

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did the sales guy acknowledge that the Darkness is now 9.90? I've checked three TRUs in the area and none of them have it for either PS3 or 360 (I know it's just reported as clearanced on the PS3, but I figured it couldn't hurt to check).[/quote]

No he didn't acknowledge much of anything. Only to tell me it was out of stock.

Went to the TrU in a kinda iffy part of town that normally is great for these sorts of clearances, and it was pretty wiped out-- not sure if I was just late to the party or what, but I couldn't find any of the big names on the list at all.

Too bad, I had a gift card even, was looking forward for some good deals.. :/

Picking up the Dolphinz game later today, and possibly Hamsterz 2. Amazon has the same prices for the Petz games, except for Dolphinz for some reason.

Saw but did not buy:
Dave Mirra BMX 2 for PS2 - $5.00
Da Vinci Code for PS2 - $5.00
Final Fantasy 12 for PS2 - $9.98 (did not drop)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 for XBox - $9.90
Loco Roco for PSP - $9.90 (already bought it for $9.99 from CC last year)

I did pick up the last copy of MGS Portable Ops for $3.00 so that totally made the trip worth it for me. I was hesitant over paying $16.96 from CC but for under $5.00? I figured it had to be worth it.

I found:

Hotel duskx2 - DS
pop: rival swords - psp
project Gotham racing 3 - 360
shadow of the collosus - ps2
xeno3 - ps2
guilty gear dust strikers - Ds
harvest moon - ps2
golden compass - wii

Any of these worth picking up?? Or anyone want me to get one for them?

[quote name='reicaden']I found:

Hotel duskx2 - DS
pop: rival swords - psp
project Gotham racing 3 - 360
shadow of the collosus - ps2
xeno3 - ps2
guilty gear dust strikers - Ds
harvest moon - ps2
golden compass - wii

Any of these worth picking up?? Or anyone want me to get one for them?[/quote]

Hotel Dusk is supposed to be quite good and should be worth the $10. Even if you don't like it you can sell it for more than you will pay for it. Same with Xeno III.

Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite PS2 games and definitely worth a play through in my opinion.

My store had little to nothing. Only new game they had marked correctly worth noting at all was Killzone on the PSP, the few other games I noticed correctly priced were sports games. Was mostly hoping for Super Monkey Ball on the Wii & Metroid Hunters on the DS but both were OOS. I did end up picking up this that was still marked 9.98 that I don't think has been mentioned yet....

Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (PSP) - $5.00

Picked up a few of the mentioned games along with the collector's edition of Oblivion for 360 for 9.90. I already have the GotY edition-- should I keep this sealed for collecting purposes?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Picked up a few of the mentioned games along with the collector's edition of Oblivion for 360 for 9.90. I already have the GotY edition-- should I keep this sealed for collecting purposes?[/quote]Wait, I almost got that price checked and didn't. Ughhhh. I'm going to head back and get some Metroid Prime Hunters for some CAGs anyway, hope it's still there. By the way, if anyone sees Burnout Revenge for the 360 and wants to trade/Paypal it please pm me.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']...I did pick up the last copy of MGS Portable Ops for $3.00 so that totally made the trip worth it for me. I was hesitant over paying $16.96 from CC but for under $5.00? I figured it had to be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'd say no. IMO it's better than MGS3, but then I can't recall ever playing a worse stealth game than MGS3.

[quote name='bobphone']A clearance like this really should've had its own fucking thread. This is ridiculous.[/quote]

We wanted to, but we did this on purpose to help prevent sd/fw to steal our info. So far its worked.

Dammit, I've been looking for where the TRU clearance stuff got moved to all week! Seriously, this hiding info thing is pretty bull-shitty.

Couldn't find any of the games I was looking for at the Times Square TRU. Been looking for a copy of Hotel Dusk ever since it went to $16.96 for the Circuit City clearance. :bomb:

If anyone plans on going there, they do not have Hotel Dusk, Metroid Prime: Hunters, or Xenosaga III.

[quote name='kevzik']We wanted to, but we did this on purpose to help prevent sd/fw to steal our info. So far its worked.[/quote]

Well congrats, you hid it from everyone here who didn't care about DS and Guitar Hero III being on sale, too.

[quote name='bobphone']Well congrats, you hid it from everyone here who didn't care about DS and Guitar Hero III being on sale, too.[/quote]

I think it is better to do it this way for at least a short period of time. I would assume the regular members here are so into video games that they check most of the threads in this forum regardless of subject heading while those from SD and FW only look at the titles for things like "Wii in stock" or "Glitch - All games 75% off."

[quote name='Kendro']I think it is better to do it this way for at least a short period of time. I would assume the regular members here are so into video games that they check most of the threads in this forum regardless of subject heading while those from SD and FW only look at the titles for things like "Wii in stock" or "Glitch - All games 75% off."[/quote]

Exactly. I already told the mods we should make it an official thread after the ad is over. And for those crying...I didn't even have to share these info others didn't have to either. You should feel lucky I went out and got pictures of a list and shared it.

I think it worked out much better this way, otherwise you would have had FW and SD people with lists waiting at opening just like with the BB clearances had it had it's own thread

As it is now, the only people we are competing against for games are employees and general public seeing the clearance bin who probably aren't going to want the non mainstream games we want such as Hotel Dusck (except Wii games which everyone wants), if they even had it in the first place as both TRU's I went to were OOS.

Thanks again for getting the list

Picked up GH3, the very last copy at TRU. Kid was nice enough to hold it and stash it in the back for me even though he wasn't suppose to. Made my day.

I, for one, am grateful that everyone has kept this on the down low. There's an eBay hoarder who lives in my area (the 50% off FYE near me told me this guy came in on the first day of the sale and bought $3,000 worth of stuff, at least 2 other CAGs in the area have reported seeing this guy run off with armloads of games at different stores). Because it hasn't been highly publicized, I've been able to go to my TRU and get some games that I wanted. Even the employees at TRU know about this guy and have mentioned him. So thank you for everyone who's contributed and made it possible. I wish all sales could have gone this smoothly.

Well, the TRU flyer for 2/17 doesn't really merit much gamer attention unless you're shopping for a new PS2 or PS3: "All PS2 games $10 off with purchase of a PS2, all PS3 games $10 off with purchase of a PS3". Blah.
Markdown news this week, at least at my local giraffe-themed emporium, are equally bleak:
-Alvin and the Chipmunks for PS2 gets the $19.99 treatment, and
-Mark Ecko's Getting Up: Contents under Pressure, also for PS2, goes to $14.98
As always, these markdowns take effect on Monday 2/18, though I doubt most folks reading this will care. Nothing on any other system going down (here).

I had confirmation this weekend that, unfortunately, the $xx.98 markdowns are not universal. While visiting the Nashua, NH store I observed a copy of DoA 4 for $29.99. I asked the cashier to verify it, as I bought it for $14.98 at my store back in November...maybe December. Sure enough, the game rang up at $29.99. Back at my store, I checked prices for DoA 4 across various stores in the same district and found them ranging from $12.98 to $29.99...very annoying indeed! I'll try to look into what rationale is being used (stock quantity maybe?) for these markdowns when I next see the district ops mgr.
In the meantime, please realize any markdowns I post ending in 98 (or maybe even in .90?) may or may not apply to your local store, and call before wasting a trip. Starting next week, if there are any MDs, I'll be including the games SKNs (inventory number, pronounced 'skin') along with name and price info. This way you can ask whoever answers the phone (usually Service Desk) to just check price and inventory info on the computer without having to spell 'Disgaea'. I recommend this over asking for R-Zone or 'electronics', as the cashier there does not usually have a computer available and may not give you accurate info. As long as you don't give them a huge list they should be happy to help, so prioritize. As a bonus, you can ask them to put it on hold for you. Depending on management, they'll hold items until closing, for 24 hrs, or not at all--but I'd request to speak to a mgr. if they won't hold it at least until closing...unless you're trying to put a WII or DS on hold, which right now is not likely to happen unless you are amazingly lucky.
Cheers

thanks for the clearance update! Picked up table tennis, XBLA unplugged and homecourt. Then I put table tennis back down, because even at $5, I just don't have an interest in that game.

[quote name='kevzik']Exactly. I already told the mods we should make it an official thread after the ad is over. And for those crying...I didn't even have to share these info others didn't have to either. You should feel lucky I went out and got pictures of a list and shared it.[/quote]

Yes. On top of that, I'm still new to CAG, but didn't have trouble finding it (hell, it's pinned in the main forum).

[quote name='Kendro']Couldn't find any of the games I was looking for at the Times Square TRU. Been looking for a copy of Hotel Dusk ever since it went to $16.96 for the Circuit City clearance. :bomb:

If anyone plans on going there, they do not have Hotel Dusk, Metroid Prime: Hunters, or Xenosaga III.[/QUOTE]

thanks. but do they have darkness for the ps3?

Not a major score but I just picked up the only copy of PGR3 (platinum hits version) for $9.90 at the TRU on Quiocassin Rd in Richmond VA

They didnt have much at all outside of that. The games for this gen (PS3/360) are extremely picked over.

They had 2 copies of Sonic for PS3 for 9.90 as well, but I passed on those. They're sitting in a wire bin in the middle of the game section. Didnt see much else.

I was hoping to find Monkey ball (wii) or FFXII, alas, the TRU in Ann Arbor and Livonia, MI had almost nothing on clearance at all. Handful of GC games, but really that was about it.

Totally missed this until now, when I wondered "how in the hell is that thread 10 pages". Hmm, maybe time to check TRU.

Gangs of London - $5
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror - $5
Capcom Puzzle World - $5
Hitman Blood Money XBX - $5
Far Cry Evolution - $3
Tales of Symphonia - $9.90
Bust a Move DS - $5
Tokobot Plus - $5
Devil may Cry 3 SE - $5
GTA Vice City - $5
Gunpey PSP - $5
natasha gift set GBA - $5
mojo ps2 - $5
Lumines plus - $5

Dave

I could have built a fucking house out of $1 Mad Maestros, Mojo and Hard Hitter Tennis. I didn't even pay $1 for em...

/ fond memories of the magic coupon sale

Dave

bread's done
Back