TRU 2/10-2/16 Ad: Wii consoles, DSL handhelds, GHIII deals

JediBaja

CAGiversary!
Toys "R" Advertisement for Sunday, February 10th to Saturday, February 16th

Scan: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/JediBaja/Gaming/TRUad001.jpg

Consoles/Handhelds:
Wii Game System Console - $249.99
Nindendo DS Lite - $129.99 (cobalt blue, crimson red, coral pink, onyx black, polar white)

Guitar Hero:
Wii GHIII Bundle - $69.99 (Save $20)
360 GHIII game - $49.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GHIII game - $39.99 (Save $10)
PS2 GH Encore: Rocks the 80's game - $39.99 (Save $10)

DS Games:
Petz Catz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Dogz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Hamsterz 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Horsez 2 - $19.99 (Save $10)
Petz Wild Animals Dolphinz - $19.99 (Save $10)

Electronics:
TOM TOM One XL - $299.99 (Save $50)
Sony 2GB Video MP3 Player - $89.99 (Save $10)

[quote name='Starving Gamer']Hi folks, I'm pretty new here but am a veteran bargain game hunter and would like to help fellow gamers save some $$ by posting info on relevant sales and MDs at TRU(I'm friends with Geoffrey;)).Please keep in mind they don't have flyers every week, and though markdowns are a weekly affair they don't always include games.
The following items are on the 2/10 flyer:
  • Save $10 on Guitar Hero III--$49.99 XB360, $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar hero Rocks the 80's $39.99 PS2
  • Guitar Hero bundle for WII--$69.99, was $89.99
  • $129.99 Nintendo DS Lite, including the new blue one.
  • Save $10 on all Petz games for the DS @ $19.99, was $29.99 (shows pic of Hamsterz 2, Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, and Dolphinz)
  • Zoo Tycoon 2, Professor Layton and the curious village, A.W. Days of Ruin for $29.99; Mario & Sonic Olympics $34.99
  • The add DOES feature WIIs, meaning at least 6 will be available per store--plan on getting up really early if you want to snag one!
The following are markdowns effective Monday, 2/11. It is by no means a comprehensive list, as it contains only clearanced items that are part of one particular store's inventory--other stores may feature more or less items depending on their stock. If a store near you does carry these titles, however, the following prices will be effective as of 2/11. Please feel free to add any other titles you might come across.

XB360:
  • Surf's Up--$9.90
  • Project Gotham 4--$39.99
XBox:
  • NFL Head Coach--$5.00
PS3:
  • The Darkness--$9.90
PS2:
  • Metal Slug Anthology--$9.90
  • Taito Legends 2--$9.90
  • Suikoden Tactics--$9.90
DS:
  • Kart Racing--$9.90
  • Napoleon Dynamite--$9.90
  • Ed, Edd & Eddie--$19.99
  • Sudokuro--$9.90
PSP:
  • P.o P. Rival Swords--$9.90
Well, it's not a great list but it's a start. It is kinda interesting, however, because the $9.90 price point is new and could signify a new wave of clearanced games--we can only hope!
Cheers,

The Starving Gamer

PS: I first posted this in the wrong forum, so here it is again if ya missed it.:dunce:[/quote]

I'm more excited about Metal Slug Anthology myself. If I can't manage to get a copy of it from my local TRU at that price I'd gladly pay someone $20 shipped for it.

I might get the Darkness for that price

I saw Kart Racing and thought it was Mario Kart DS but then realized it was probably some generic DS game

Thanks for the list

Oh man those deals are sweet, man I would go for the Darkness and Metal Slug Anth...cept there is no toy r us near me...

If I remember correctly, the prices ending in zero are your stores clearance. And if it ends in 8, its a national clearance. Im not 100% on that though, but YMMV on those prices ending in zero.

Prices ending in .90 are "director markdowns" and very likely store specific, so expect them to be YMMV.

[quote name='life.exe']If I remember correctly, the prices ending in zero are your stores clearance. And if it ends in 8, its a national clearance. Im not 100% on that though, but YMMV on those prices ending in zero.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is how it used to be, anything with a 0 is a store by store basis but last summer there were a handful of games including some 360 games that ended in a 0 and were national prices and since the OP has the list early, I am thinking like the summer markdowns, these will be national (at least hopefully)

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']I'll assume you mean for the Wii, as it's the only bundle listed on the first page.

If so, then GS only accepts GHIII (Wii) with game and guitar as a trade in. I am not sure about any other place. If any other place does game only, please inform me so I can do this myself as well.[/quote]

Yeah, you're probably right. I just checked the case for the game and there's no barcode on it; it just says "Not for Resale". So I'm guessing the only way to get rid of it would be to find some mom-and-pop game store that....doesn't use barcodes or something. I dunno. Looks like it won't work.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']
I saw Kart Racing and thought it was Mario Kart DS but then realized it was probably some generic DS game[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm which game it is? Mario or M&M or some other game?

[quote name='shrike4242']This is a deal thread, Ice2Dragon, not your TL. Take that conversation elsewhere.[/quote]

It was a joke.

lay the hell off shrike.

So these $xx.90 clearance prices are YMMV depending on the stores, right? I hate to drive an hour only to find out they don't have those prices or no stock.

[quote name='eau']So these $xx.90 clearance prices are YMMV depending on the stores, right? I hate to drive an hour only to find out they don't have those prices or no stock.[/quote]

Call first and if they have it, ask them to hold it for you.

Heads up, the toys r us by 27th st. is getting 6 wii this sunday by 10:00 am.

In milwaukee, wi

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm tempted to get a Guitar Hero bundle for Wii even though I have the 360 version...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I'm still pretty conflicted.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Prices ending in .90 are "director markdowns" and very likely store specific, so expect them to be YMMV.[/quote]

Actually, this is not correct--at least not in this case. While it is true most director md's end in ".00", ".50", and ".90", these markdowns are straight from N.J. (corporate) and ARE national. The choice titles will be scarce, though.
In most stores I know of, at least since TRU went private, director markdowns are only used for open/shopworn items ... It's been a long time (think Dreamcast) since I bought a game that was 'director markdown'.
I keep a close eye on national price changes and will keep you guys updated as I get them--they come down every Thursday. If I do find out about any store-specific clearances (which I don't believe exist as of right now), I'll make sure to include the appropriate info in my post.
A little reminder to some of you guys who might not shop at TRU often: All M-rated titles (such as The Darkness) are kept strictly behind the counter. Not even the empty clamshells are allowed on the floor since last summer, so make sure to look in the glass case and/or ask the salesperson for assistance. That might explain why DOA 4 is till available at a lot of stores at $14.98 ...

[quote name='CombatCraig']Can anyone confirm which game it is? Mario or M&M or some other game?[/quote]
It's actually Cocoto Kart Racing, a value game originally packaged with its own gift box back in December. Doesn't look too good, but I haven't really read anything about it either way...

Nice price for Metal Slug Anthology considering that version goes for $35-$40 online everywhere. I already have the Wii version though, I'm running out of room to put PS2 games and it'll probably be extremely difficult to find anyway.

I might have to get The Darkness and Metal Slug Anthology for that price. And wow, just read some reviews of Taito Legends 2 on Amazon, sounds like it would be worth it, too!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How'd you miss the Deals forum?[/quote]

He posted it twice, someone merged it with the TRU Ad thread for this week.

Awesome price on The Darkness! I'm a bit worried it'll creep me out, but I've really wanted to play it...and now I can, yay! Thanks Starving Gamer!

I called the only toyrus that is near me on thursday and today and I got the same response, "we don't know if we going to have any" for East Lansing, Michigan. I really don't want to go at 6 AM and wait 4 hours to find out that there won't be any wii's. Anyone have any suggestions or advice? I've been looking for months now and I just want one to play not resell.

[quote name='mdmola']I called the only toyrus that is near me on thursday and today and I got the same response, "we don't know if we going to have any" for East Lansing, Michigan. I really don't want to go at 6 AM and wait 4 hours to find out that there won't be any wii's. Anyone have any suggestions or advice? I've been looking for months now and I just want one to play not resell.[/quote]

If its advertised in the paper, they will have wiis.

i didn't get or see any toysrus sunday ads, I'm only basing all of this off the picture of the ad the topic poster made. And it says 585 stores on the top left.

the toysrus site has a small picture of the ad the op posted, if you go there and look to the upper right you will see it, so your stores will have it in stock

[quote name='GBmanNC']If its advertised in the paper, they will have wiis.[/quote]

Hope so. Target apparently had no problem advertising the 360 a couple of weeks ago without any in stock when people showed up at some stores at opening on Sunday morning.

[quote name='gantt']Hope so. Target apparently had no problem advertising the 360 a couple of weeks ago without any in stock when people showed up at some stores at opening on Sunday morning.[/quote]

It's company policy to hold stock on items that are in the ad. I've seen Wii's held for almost 3 weeks before because of an upcoming ad.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will I be able to price match the Guitar Hero deal at Best Buy and then use the $10 of a $75 purchase coupon?

Scored one in Camp Hill, PA. Got in line at 0730 (#18). I had to threaten the cashier at 10 though. He tried making me buy a bundle totaling nearly $400 after tax. I wanted NOTHING to do with that. Thier ad had the Wii for $249 and that was what I was paying. After about 10 minutes the store manager came down and sold it to me for $249. I bet ya I was the only one out of the 40 people that didn't get suckered into buying a bundle. I was one of the last people to come back after 10 when they opened.

The bundles were as follows:

Wii system $249.99
Wii Play $49.99
Nunchuk $19.99
2 year service plan $49.99
Total 369.96 Zero savings.

Wii system $249.99
GH3 bundle $69.99 (on sale this week for that price stand-alone)
2 year service plan $49.99
Total $369.97 Zero Savings (due to GH3 already being on sale stand-alone)

I threatened buying it and then calling corporate to get my money back and everything. I was irate! It wouldn't have been that bad...but they were being a-holes. The lady in front of me wanted

The Wii system $249.99
GH3 $69.99
Wii Play $49.99
Nunchuck $19.99
Total: $389.96 No savings.

But they wouldn't do it. They said she had to buy the service plan/Wii Play bundle and buy GH3 stand-alone. No biggie...but she didn't want the service plan. So then she wanted to buy everything individually, but they wouldn't sell Nunchucks's or Wii Play's stand alone...to try to sell more bundles.

She ended up just buying the Wii Play/Service plan bundle and GH3 seperately...bull crap if you ask me.

I told her to hold on and let me holler for a minute...buy her Wii stand-alone and go to best buy and get Wii Play and the Nunchuck...but she just caved into the guy.

SO in the end...I bought just the Wii and went to Best Buy and bought whatever else I wanted on my Reward Zone card
wink.gif

Can those with TRU open please confirm the Darkness sale? I know it supposed to start tomorrow, but if it is today I'd love to go an snag one. =D

Bought one in Freehold, NJ. I called the store on Saturday and they told me to get there 2 or 3 hours before they opened. Got there around 8:15am and waited an hour and 45 minutes. The store recieved 80 systems. There still might be some for anyone still in there area but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, but why be a jerkoff like the people who buy a wii every time they see one. Why not just post an ad on craigslist telling everyone of the sale?

bread's done
Back