TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we be able to start a gift card train with this $25 gift card like the good old K-Mart days? I have a $20 gift card right now for TRU, if I use it on NCAA, I'll still get the $25 gift card, right? And then the $25 one on presumbly the next deal you got cooking up, Josh :bouncy:

Will we be able to start a gift card train with this $25 gift card like the good old K-Mart days? I have a $20 gift card right now for TRU, if I use it on NCAA, I'll still get the $25 gift card, right? And then the $25 one on presumbly the next deal you got cooking up, Josh :bouncy:
Can't see why that wouldn't work :)

Can I rinse and repeat the NCAA deal? As in, buy one, get the gift card, and then use that gift card on another NCAA? Want to get one for a friend, too.

Sweet! I'll definitely be picking NCAA 14 up from here!!

Hopefully my hole-in-the-wall TRU here in Washington state has enough copies to go around.

Welcome back Josh!  I'd love to get in on the NCAA deal, but unfortunately the nearest TRU is even further away than the nearest K-Mart was. 

with my local toys r us the bigest problem is them not getting the game on release or saying they dont have the promotional gift cards for that deal. i need to see what clearance games they have and if they ring up correctly. keep up the good work.

with my local toys r us the bigest problem is them not getting the game on release or saying they dont have the promotional gift cards for that deal. i need to see what clearance games they have and if they ring up correctly. keep up the good work.
In the past my local TRU has given out standard gift cards instead when they don't have the promo cards lying around without issue.

Welcome back Josh! I'd love to get in on the NCAA deal, but unfortunately the nearest TRU is even further away than the nearest K-Mart was.

If there is no Kmart nor TRU close to you, what then do you have? My guess is just a Walmart?

In the past my local TRU has given out standard gift cards instead when they don't have the promo cards lying around without issue.
for me sometimes they would others they wouldnt. its not really worth it if its a 50/50 shot of them having the game, the promo cards or understand the deal.

First, I'd like to extend some sincere gratitude for all of the effort and diligence required to compile these deal - especially considering it involves the ever-elusive TRU. Second, although I certainly don't have the clout to directly undermine any statements or deals asserted here, I have been unable to confirm this deal (the operative one at least - $25 GC with NCAA14 purchase) with either both TRU 1-800 customer service or two distinct local stores. While I definitely subscribe to the notion that the deal does, indeed, exist, and that the representatives are just ignorant to its existence, my question arises; what recourse do we have to ensure we can receive the gift card with the purchase of the game?  

Since it's not listed on any explicit or tangible TRU document, from what I've been told from the people with whom I've spoken to verify this deal, it effectively "doesn't exist" in their minds. Consequently, for those stores with managers not privy to these forum postings, I'm afraid it may be implausible to even attempt at receiving any kind of gift card with the game. 

Any suggestions here? 

^ Dude, relax.

The deal will go live when the game is released. Do you need it in writing or something? As long as your store has the game out for purchase on release day you will get the gift card.

If there is no Kmart nor TRU close to you, what then do you have? My guess is just a Walmart?
No, it's not that bad. Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, and GameStop are within 15 minutes. K-Mart is about 45 minutes away. TRU is over an hour away, which means a deal that would need two visits is definitely out for me.

Since the TRU clearance thread has crashed and burned, is it alright to post clearance finds here?  If not, just let me know and I won't do it again but....

Was just at my local TRU recently and found a clearance bin in R-Zone with DS Golden Sun Dark Dawn for $9.98!! Finally able to snag this little gem

Josh, any Vita deals on accessories and games?

---------------------

No, it's not that bad. Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, and GameStop are within 15 minutes. K-Mart is about 45 minutes away. TRU is over an hour away, which means a deal that would need two visits is definitely out for me.
ahh not too horrible then! :)
For me I have 4 Kmarts', 6GS, 2 WM, 1BB, 1TRU within 10 mins. No Target though :(

First, I'd like to extend some sincere gratitude for all of the effort and diligence required to compile these deal - especially considering it involves the ever-elusive TRU. Second, although I certainly don't have the clout to directly undermine any statements or deals asserted here, I have been unable to confirm this deal (the operative one at least - $25 GC with NCAA14 purchase) with either both TRU 1-800 customer service or two distinct local stores. While I definitely subscribe to the notion that the deal does, indeed, exist, and that the representatives are just ignorant to its existence, my question arises; what recourse do we have to ensure we can receive the gift card with the purchase of the game?

Since it's not listed on any explicit or tangible TRU document, from what I've been told from the people with whom I've spoken to verify this deal, it effectively "doesn't exist" in their minds. Consequently, for those stores with managers not privy to these forum postings, I'm afraid it may be implausible to even attempt at receiving any kind of gift card with the game.

Any suggestions here?
Your store managers may not be privy to things posted on these forums, but they should be to internal memos that have mentioned the situation involving the gift card deal replacing the free guide. I've read it on at least 3 different occasions in the last week. The sale signs are already pre printed at my store awaiting release.

Company policy is to not discuss any sales prior to the start of any ad. This could be why the info you are looking for is not easy to come by.

Any answer to this?
Not to speak for Josh, but TRU is still working out the details with what we're allowed to do and Josh seems to get new info on a daily basis. With the long holiday, he's been spending time with family, so he should hopefully have something a little more concrete for you on Monday.

Amazon has put up competitive deals when it comes to NCAA Football in the past. If not this time, I'll pass on NCAA. Would be free using Amazon gift cards I already have and don't feel like coming out of pocket for the game. Even at $35 from TRU. Great price, though.

Looks like the guy who posed his worries was right. Looked in the ad and there was no $25 gift card. Total sham!!! Damnit!!!!!!

Looks like the guy who posed his worries was right. Looked in the ad and there was no $25 gift card. Total sham!!! Damnit!!!!!!
This has already been addressed. The Prima guide offer is being replaced by the $25 gift card.

With that said, I want to get NCAA 14 from TRU (I really do), but I would love to feel more confident that there will be future deals on which I could use the GC. I wasn't around for the Kmart deals, and Josh seems to be pretty well-respected, but I'm not one to put too much faith into reputations--I like facts. Tough call.

Can I go ahead and purchase two NCAA's, getting one gift card in the process and using it towards the 2nd one and returning the first one for  $60? 

That's exactly what they want to hear
Well, take it is as gift for me and a friend type of message. If not, I'll just go to Gamestop, use the code, return an unopened copy and go to Best Buy, where I have 2 months for a pricematch because of my Reward Zone Silver membership.

Well, take it is as gift for me and a friend type of message. If not, I'll just go to Gamestop, use the code, return an unopened copy and go to Best Buy, where I have 2 months for a pricematch because of my Reward Zone Silver membership.
You don;t get 2 months to price match anymore i think.

You are so full of FAIL today.

Just to help you out:

1) No. You would get $35 back on any copy of NCAA you returned to TRU because they would deduct the gift card from the return value.

2) While you do have 60 days to do a return at Best Buy you only get 14 days to price match. You could return and rebuy at a later date I suppose but they do track your returns so make a habit of it and you'll lose the ability to do returns... period.

3) As mentioned above the snafu with the add has been discussed at least a half dozen times. The deal is legit and will work.

You have 2 months return, but not PM. It's only 14 days and limited to BestBuy if I recall correctly.

You don;t get 2 months to price match anymore i think.
Correct.

I'm not sure if it's still like this, but in the past when there was a gift card with an expiration date you could use it to buy a regular non-expiring gift card.  Figured it would be worth mentioning due to the NCAA deal coming up.

From the first post, first line:
Yes, I see that.....I just saw the ad today and it said guide not GC. I have however seen a few posts from people saying there is a guide availability problem and they are compensating with GC. I will contact my TRU source to try and confirm. I don't always trust the Internet, lol.

Considering Josh works WITH Toys R Us to make these deals possible, perhaps you should trust him.

Yes, I see that.....I just saw the ad today and it said guide not GC. I have however seen a few posts from people saying there is a guide availability problem and they are compensating with GC. I will contact my TRU source to try and confirm. I don't always trust the Internet, lol.
The NCAA prima guide turned out to not be available to ship during launch thus making their ad defunct. They replaced this offer with the gift card and ensured it equaled the value of the guide which is....$25.

Yes, that is definitely the goal. However, we are definitely still working on how to balance the channels so to speak. You'll see a lot of FBR (FRONTBURNR) exclusive deals where you'll have coupon esque offers that will roll while also the traditional circular type of offers. With this one in particular, it should roll with other offers.

Will the TRU gift cards have the activation delay and expiration date like they previously did?
There is a short delay, it really isn't 6 hours any more, from I'm hearing more like an hour and a half to two hours.

Did I read that In-store pickup will not qualify for the GC deal?
Only regular in-store offers qualify unless a store works something out manually. I do not believe they are beholden to in this instance so it may be a bit YMMV.

Can I rinse and repeat the NCAA deal? As in, buy one, get the gift card, and then use that gift card on another NCAA? Want to get one for a friend, too.
I'm not sure if this is limit 1 per customer or not actually. This may be determined by store in terms of their stock to preserve the experience for other customers. I"ll reach out and ask.

Josh, any Vita deals on accessories and games?

---------------------

ahh not too horrible then! :)
For me I have 4 Kmarts', 6GS, 2 WM, 1BB, 1TRU within 10 mins. No Target though :(
I have requested a lot of Vita offers, just working through implementation and gathering support for them. All deals are really two way streets with publishers.

Updated the thread with this week's offers, sorry I'm a little behind. Took a small vacation with the family. Back to it!

I know it's still up in the air, but once it goes live tomorrow, I'd like to know if you buy two of these games, getting 2-$25 gift cards, can both of those gift cards be applied to a single purchase? As in, can I put both of those towards Madden, NBA, etc.

Or maybe people here know that from previous experience and offers?

So the gift card is something that will just come up on the computer and alert the cashier without me mentioning it, right?

I know it's still up in the air, but once it goes live tomorrow, I'd like to know if you buy two of these games, getting 2-$25 gift cards, can both of those gift cards be applied to a single purchase? As in, can I put both of those towards Madden, NBA, etc.

Or maybe people here know that from previous experience and offers?
Yes. Just make sure you use them before the expiration date 11/2

So the gift card is something that will just come up on the computer and alert the cashier without me mentioning it, right?
Yes, there should also be sale signs stating the sale.

Thanks and also wondering if the promo TRU GC's are going to have an expiration date like they previously did? Thanks.
All promo gift cards have an expiration date. I believe all current promo gifts cards expire 11/2 so they need to be used by then. If stores run out of promo gift cards, then they are to use any regular gift card in place.

Did I read that In-store pickup will not qualify for the GC deal?
When doing an in-store pick up, you are paying for the item online. All gift card deals are in store only and the item has to be purchased in store to qualify.

You will have to return your in-store pick up purchase and re purchase it in store if you want to get the gift card.

I have requested a lot of Vita offers, just working through implementation and gathering support for them. All deals are really two way streets with publishers.
Nice, I did go to TRU yesterday and vita accessories were overpriced compared to the rest of the places and game selection for the vita was almost nonexistent and prices still showing way more than current today prices.

Is there a Ultimate Team Pack bonus with the Toys R US Copy? Will there be enough of a supply either way? 

bread's done
Back