TRU. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero 26.99 with 10.00 Gift Card.

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Mod edit: good for all versions of the game

I closed at my TRU tonight and set up all the games in the case and whatnot. The $10 Gift Card promotion works for ALL systems (XB360, XBOne, PS3, PS4). So you should be all set there.

----

Toys R Us over on their webpage have MGS5 listed with a 10.00 gift card coming back for purchase. The ad only lists one SKU(Xbox 360) , not sure if this deal will work with other platforms. Guess we'll know more Tuesday.

OIa6M2B.jpg

Coupon Below will knock an additional 2.99 off the game at time of purchase.

iqg38z.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming this will be akin to the Tanker from MGS2. That was also really short, but I have probably spent 30+ hours on the Tanker section alone. Metal Gear Solid games are always so well made and offer so many different ways to do things--as well as a plethora of hidden things to find--that replaying them over and over is a fairly standard process. Assuming this is the same, then $30 (or about $24 for me) for that on day 1 is actually extremely reasonable.

Will Best Buy even match gift card deals?

Didn't say it was your fav, don't care either

It's the best in the series and you judge the series based on MGS2

Lol
That is a nearly impossible claim to make. It's my favorite series, and I've played each game numerous times. All of them (1-4 mainly) could be considered the best for one reason or another. They are all different enough that it becomes an extremely subjective matter of taste--and I'm not usually one to see something on a mainly subjective basis.

The game is fun, very fun but also short as hell.  Only the final part of the demo took me more than a few try.  Although I am in shock of how good the game look.... light year better than what we seen in retain dark souls 2.  Not sure it is is worth 30 then again most of us pay $50 for tobal no. 1 for the ffvii demo back then XD. 

Semi-OT, does anyone know if TRU will be stocking the FF X/X-2 HD collection for PS3, and if so, will it be the limited edition or regular?

FYI, when I used the coupon yesterday for Yoshi Island purchase, it DID stack with the $10 GC deal without any override.

That's great news! Just to clarify, you used the same Spring coupon that the OP linked right? That would mean we'll be fine.

Also, upon further inspection, the MGS ad lists only one specific item #. If that's true, it may only work on the 360 version which would be pretty disappointing since more people would get this on their Sony console of choice. Hopefully it works for all platforms.

That's great news! Just to clarify, you used the same Spring coupon that the OP linked right? That would mean we'll be fine.

Also, upon further inspection, the MGS ad lists only one specific item #. If that's true, it may only work on the 360 version which would be pretty disappointing since more people would get this on their Sony console of choice. Hopefully it works for all platforms.
Yeah, that would definitely be disappointing. Most people are probably going to get it on the PS4 as Kojima said that was the best console to get it for, plus PS4 preorders are sold out on Best Buy.

Yup, it is the same coupon that the OP linked.

I'm assuming this will be akin to the Tanker from MGS2. That was also really short, but I have probably spent 30+ hours on the Tanker section alone. Metal Gear Solid games are always so well made and offer so many different ways to do things--as well as a plethora of hidden things to find--that replaying them over and over is a fairly standard process. Assuming this is the shame, then $30 (or about $24 for me) for that on day 1 is actually extremely reasonable.

Officially Best Buy doesn't match gift card deals, but I have about a 95% success rate in getting it when I've asked.

Officially Best Buy doesn't match gift card deals, but I have about a 95% success rate in getting it when I've asked.
My Best Buy treats price matching like a war between me and them that they do not like losing, so I'm not sure it would be worth my hassle. :/

My Best Buy treats price matching like a war between me and them that they do not like losing, so I'm not sure it would be worth my hassle. :/
Unless the website updates to say it includes a $10 gift car with other platforms they almost certainly won't match the deal for any other platform besides 360. I'd like to get this for X1 if I'm paying for it, but since I expect the price match to not work I'll likely just end up reboxing this one.

Unless the website updates to say it includes a $10 gift car with other platforms they almost certainly won't match the deal for any other platform besides 360. I'd like to get this for X1 if I'm paying for it, but since I expect the price match to not work I'll likely just end up reboxing this one.
It's worth noting that the PS4 version has 1080 while the X1 only has 720. I don't know if you have both systems--I know I only have one so far--but if you do, then it's worth thinking about.

Why was the title changed to add that coupon that clearly states it doesn't apply to video games?

(Edit) Nevermind reread it. That's confusing as hell made me think it said "Excludes XXX"

Why was the title changed to add that coupon that clearly states it doesn't apply to video games?

(Edit) Nevermind reread it. That's confusing as hell made me think it said "Excludes XXX"
Because the 10% one--which is the price reflected in the title--is for video games.

I'll just rent it from red box tomorrow but I wonder how big a leap the graphics are from last gen to current gen

The MG fan in me is finding it really difficult to resist this.

I really don't like this business model nor do I want to free rent this one.

And anyone hoping to get trophies on the playstation version do be aware there will be no platinum trophies on this game at all just a head up for those trophies hunters

I'm assuming this will be akin to the Tanker from MGS2. That was also really short, but I have probably spent 30+ hours on the Tanker section alone. Metal Gear Solid games are always so well made and offer so many different ways to do things--as well as a plethora of hidden things to find--that replaying them over and over is a fairly standard process. Assuming this is the same, then $30 (or about $24 for me) for that on day 1 is actually extremely reasonable.

YMMV, officially they will not pm bundles and it will require a manager override.

[/quote] [quote name="Snake Eater" post="11616864" timestamp="1395057565"]Lol, so you judged MGS series without playing the best in the series, MGS3 or even MGS4 which was better then MGS2[/quote]
[quote name="Linkgx1" post="11616983" timestamp="1395064526"]Ok thanks, didn't know you could peak into my life and figure out that MGS3 was my fave. Apparently I've never played Twin Snakes or Guns of the Patriots either.

Apparently not... because he already mention Guns of the Patriots.

I closed at my TRU tonight and set up all the games in the case and whatnot. The $10 Gift Card promotion works for ALL systems (XB360, XBOne, PS3, PS4). So you should be all set there.

As far as the 10% coupon working with the Gift Card offer - they should both work. I could be wrong though as I won't be able to test it (don't have another shift until Saturday). The way the register is set up, it scans all items and coupons together, and then 'processes' everything, looking for deals like 'Buy 1, Get 1 40% off', free item with purchase, and so on - essentially, anything that is dependent on another item being present. When it sees a free gift card, it gives a prompt to the cashier that the customer has earned a free gift card, and instruct them to scan it. Since it happens after the coupon is applied, these two promotions should stack.

Semi-OT, does anyone know if TRU will be stocking the FF X/X-2 HD collection for PS3, and if so, will it be the limited edition or regular?
It doesn't look like they are. Nothing listed on my Street Date report and no copies of the game in our inventory either. We already have our copies of Infamous Second Son for Friday though, so they're probably skipping over stocking this particular title.

hmm i have three options

1. buy this from tru for full msrp (paying this much for a 1 hour demo burns smh) get the gift card and trade it in asap before the tiv nukes

2. get this for 23.99$ at bestbuy using gcu, get no gift card and trade it in asap

3. use gamestops ”7 day rental” policy and just spend nothing

i think imma do option 3 cause as much as i looooove metal gear im not letting konami pimp me out of this much money for a seemingly one hour demo. plus if this does really well other publishers will try it too :(
I'm tempted to do this but I don't have a TRU close and don't the GC only last so long?

Number 3 was what I intended to do but with PS3 Ghosts only being $10 @ Target and trades in with 30% to GS for $28. I can live with paying $10.

I'm betting there will be a 'complete' edition with both games and some limited edition junk. Then there will be PP alone without GZ for normal price $59.99.
I doubt it. A LE version with both will likely retail for like $89.99 with a standalone PP sold along side it for $79.99. I dont see them just giving away GZ for free. Why would they? Its required playing for PP and likely to guarantee sales if a person is going to be getting PP anyway

Which one ps4 on psn full price or buying it at bby saving 6 dollars only

Last edited:
I can confirm the deal works with all SKUs. Just left my TRU with the xbone version and the 10.00 gift card. Coupon also worked with no issues. The only issue you may run into is quantity. We had 1 copy of the Xbone version at my TRU.

Thanks for the coupon.

I took it in and got 10% off the ps4 version, since they were out of the gift cards that activate in 6 hours I turned around and used the 10% coupon and 10 dollar gift card on yoshis new island, and yoshis new island came with another 10 dollar gift card in the ad, so Ill go back this week and use the coupon and gift card on something else.

Does anyone know what TRU's policy is with pre-orders? I put $20 down on something months ago and never picked it up. Do I have $20 credit there or did they just eat my money? 

In the OP.
The coupon actually works? Or is it ymmv.. It clearly says Video Games are not allowed.. With my experience with TRU coupons in the past they don't let you have it if it says "video games" under exclusions.

There was one time where a coupon said "Video game hardware" in the exclusion but not video games and I had to fight for that darn thing but at the end they scanned it without a problem.

I just got back from BBY and they PM this deal for the PS4. They took $10 off the price and then I had a $10 reward certificate so only $11 out of pocket.

The coupon actually works? Or is it ymmv.. It clearly says Video Games are not allowed.. With my experience with TRU coupons in the past they don't let you have it if it says "video games" under exclusions.

There was one time where a coupon said "Video game hardware" in the exclusion but not video games and I had to fight for that darn thing but at the end they scanned it without a problem.
Yeah it's confusingly worded but it actually says 10% Off one Item, and then the list of those items are things it applies for.

bread's done
Back