TRU. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero 26.99 with 10.00 Gift Card.

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Mod edit: good for all versions of the game

I closed at my TRU tonight and set up all the games in the case and whatnot. The $10 Gift Card promotion works for ALL systems (XB360, XBOne, PS3, PS4). So you should be all set there.

----

Toys R Us over on their webpage have MGS5 listed with a 10.00 gift card coming back for purchase. The ad only lists one SKU(Xbox 360) , not sure if this deal will work with other platforms. Guess we'll know more Tuesday.

OIa6M2B.jpg

Coupon Below will knock an additional 2.99 off the game at time of purchase.

iqg38z.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else manage to see final fantasy x HD in stock? I wanted to buy it using the gift card but they don't have it. I just looked and I can't even find it online.

[quote name="zzamaro" post="11624218" timestamp="1395257322"]Did anyone else manage to see final fantasy x HD in stock? I wanted to buy it using the gift card but they don't have it. I just looked and I can't even find it online.[/quote]

Earlier in the thread, someone that works at ToysRUs said that they didn't get any, so I'm assuming they're not stocking it.

Went in today to pick this up and I almost got worried there. The game wasn't on the shelf and I worried they were OOS since the PS4 version was sitting there but I needed Xbox One. Asked the guy at the counter and he said they were, but as I was walking away he said "Oh wait" and that he had one he was almost going to sell to someone else but they didn't want it because the bottom of the case is broken.

Didn't matter to me given what a great deal it was.

Why do people insist on defending BestBuy and not see the obvious flaw in the GCU since they changed ship in January and no longer stack the 20% on price matching??? Best Buy has to laugh all the way to the bank with the GCU fees they collected because when they give you a discount on your game but do not offer that at the cheapest price for the game you are not really coming close to a real 20% discount. I mean my gosh TRU is a way better deal on MGS V than the BestBuy pay MSRP and we will discount it 20%. If BestBuy really wanted to get everyone's gaming business they would give the GCU 20% on price matching but instead they want to take the GCU fees and laugh to the bank by only discounting their 99% MSRP pricing standards.
not quite sure what you're on about. I see the frustration with the PMing and not stacking the 20% off, but that is a non issue for most people. Even when it is an issue, it still doesn't erase the fact that those who joined GCU for $30 or $60 for 2 years, like me, have already had it paid for via 20% off promo.

The key is, since this deal is mostly used on new releases, it doesn't matter where you look - the game is selling for $60. Only at BB, you get it for $48, and some of those even come with $10 and $15 coupons.

As for price matching, I see the frustration, but they have to restrict this awesome service some how. We can't expect them to price match, taking a loss, AND offering 20% off (MORE of a loss).

How often does another brick and mortar store (because they don't price match internet shops like Amazon) have a new game for less? Not often. Again, it's a non-issue most of the time.

Bottom line is that I buy one new game a month from them, and I have saved well over $60 so far, effectively paying off my membership and then some. That's why I defend GCU, because, as a factually factual fact, it has saved me so much money.

The only thing better is when Amazon went crazy with $20 coupons on preorders. Still, you leave BB spending less out of pocket. It's debatable which method is best, but it's undeniable that it is a consumer-benefitting service. How much it benefits BB can be figured out in due time, as I imagine the goal is to get you in their store and on their site.

Will the $10 Gift Card work on XBL Credit? Didn't even bother asking the guy since he said it'll activate in 6 hours but if it doesn't I can't think what else I would buy from them.

please gcu suckers and best buy trolls go back to best buy topics 

nobody wants your overpriced ripoff program from a company that wont even be around in a year 

How long does it take the toy r us gift card tio be active after purchase?
6 hours.

0 for 2 on local TRUs. Really sucks they got barely any next gen copies. Hoping to get lucky with a BB pricematch
Yea, our store only got 2 copies of each version - sounds like some only got 1 a piece.

Will the $10 Gift Card work on XBL Credit? Didn't even bother asking the guy since he said it'll activate in 6 hours but if it doesn't I can't think what else I would buy from them.
My gut reaction is that gift cards don't work on other gift cards for other businesses - but I'm not sure if XBL counts in that scenario or not. The card they handed you should have what it will and won't work on listed somewhere on it.

please gcu suckers and best buy trolls go back to best buy topics

nobody wants your overpriced ripoff program from a company that wont even be around in a year
Yikes! Deep breath there.

You have a point there...Toys R Us is a pretty hoppin' place itself, I can never find a parking spot there.

Yikes! Deep breath there.

You have a point there...Toys R Us is a pretty hoppin' place itself, I can never find a parking spot there.
ha ha but i see what you mean but toys r us don't have compete with amazon

anyone that defend and promote a company for free need to get a life

http://youtu.be/uYMnAUGFuG0

i saw 3 people trade this in today. if it wasnt for that lame nyc 15 day wait rule for being able to sell a used game i would have rented this out by now lol
Same here, guy came in while I was looking around and traded it in. I wasn't at my frequented GameStop but needless to say they also wouldn't let me buy because of that trade hold bs.

Why do people insist on defending BestBuy and not see the obvious flaw in the GCU since they changed ship in January and no longer stack the 20% on price matching??? Best Buy has to laugh all the way to the bank with the GCU fees they collected because when they give you a discount on your game but do not offer that at the cheapest price for the game you are not really coming close to a real 20% discount. I mean my gosh TRU is a way better deal on MGS V than the BestBuy pay MSRP and we will discount it 20%. If BestBuy really wanted to get everyone's gaming business they would give the GCU 20% on price matching but instead they want to take the GCU fees and laugh to the bank by only discounting their 99% MSRP pricing standards.
there is no flaw here. The 20% is a great deal and through it, you tend to get the lowest price on games on a regualr basis. In the event that a price is lower elsewhere, you can price match to most retailers for that price at BB anyway. So what if they dont stack? BB didnt double dip savings when PM pre-GCU discount so Im not shocked or upset that it isnt the case now

I'll rather go to BestBuy and get the game for 23 with GCU then having to deal with little crazy kids crying and being ignored by their parents at ToyrUs!!!

I'll rather go to BestBuy and get the game for 23 with GCU then having to deal with little crazy kids crying and being ignored by their parents at ToyrUs!!!
Id rather get the $10 credit. Id walk right over to the toy isle and get myself a figure. Something I haven't done in yearrrrrrs. Lol.

I'll rather go to BestBuy and get the game for 23 with GCU then having to deal with little crazy kids crying and being ignored by their parents at ToyrUs!!!
Same. I dunno, but the Toys R Us in the two cities I've lived in, I don't like the feel of them. I do have one great memory of Toys R Us and that was getting an SNES KI bundle when n64 was already out. Other than that, I don't like to step foot into a Toys R Us, something about the place.

Id rather go to BB bc the TRU near me are out of my way and honestly I do zero shopping there, so the gift card is just something to force me back to a store I rarely go to.

Id rather go to BB bc the TRU near me are out of my way and honestly I do zero shopping there, so the gift card is just something to force me back to a store I rarely go to.
Exactly why I went to TRU. It's very close to where I live. Crying babies are everywhere, not just TRU.

bread's done
Back