True Blood Official Discussion: Season 3 starts Sun. June 13th!

Yes, the books are not going to be strictly followed... some characters didn't even make it this far in the books.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yes, the books are not going to be strictly followed... some characters didn't even make it this far in the books.[/QUOTE] Yeah
Lafayette died in the first part of the second book
Some stuff is still the same though.......

sup guys, just thought I'd throw this out there. I recently watched a series called "Hex" that sounds in the same type of universe as True Blood..only involving demons and witchcraft instead of vampires. ;) Season 2 was a bit disappointing but S1 was farking amazing in my opinion. I highly recommend it if you are interested in these dark/supernatural type shows.

http://www.buy.com/prod/hex-complete-1st-season/q/loc/322/204320195.html?dcaid=15890

I can't wait for next weeks blood bath of an episode.

Did anyone catch the whole "Special people arn't effected by Maryann's spells." ??? Does that mean Detective Bellefleur is "special" or was he just too drunk to be effected by the orgy craze.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']I can't wait for next weeks blood bath of an episode.

Did anyone catch the whole "Special people arn't effected by Maryann's spells." ??? Does that mean Detective Bellefleur is "special" or was he just too drunk to be effected by the orgy craze.
[/QUOTE]

I think Maryann has to focus the spell on you she was distrated when he arrived and then she ran out chaing Sam. next weeks episode looks crazy, i'm curious to see how Godric was being held at the fellowship.

wasn't bellefeur effected during that one episode dancing all weird in sam's bar. That will exclude him from the group of people.

im curious about godrick also. Wonder how he just appeared in the room to beat up wannabe Couture. I know he left the gate open but it doesn't make sense. he was just walking about the church at night?

I hope Eric tears the fellowship leader inhalf sorta like the AIDS burger dude.

JESUS CHRIST VAMPIRE EXTERMINATOR... fuck YEA!

[quote name='naiku']
im curious about godrick also. Wonder how he just appeared in the room to beat up wannabe Couture. I know he left the gate open but it doesn't make sense. he was just walking about the church at night?
[/QUOTE]

In the novel Godric
is guilt-ridden over all the people he's killed and thus suicidal. He seeks out the fellowship and willingly cooperates with it. He does, however, stop Gabe from raping Sookie in a similar fashion.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']After 2000 years, he feels guilty?

Why not just turn himself into the authorities?[/QUOTE]

He's specifically guilty over
having killed children.
As for the latter,
I don't know. He's a less important character in the novel; he's not sheriff (Stan is), nor is he the person Sookie is there to rescue, and there's none of the backstory with him and Eric. It also goes into detail of the stigma associated with being a "renouncer" as he is, so there will probably be some more explanation along these lines in the next few episodes.

So,
who pulled the other telepath into the room at the end of the hall after he delivered the message to Bill?

Also, Jessica is freaking smoking hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magus8472']He's specifically guilty over
having killed children.
As for the latter,
I don't know. He's a less important character in the novel; he's not sheriff (Stan is), nor is he the person Sookie is there to rescue, and there's none of the backstory with him and Eric. It also goes into detail of the stigma associated with being a "renouncer" as he is, so there will probably be some more explanation along these lines in the next few episodes.
[/QUOTE]

Never understood guilt if you did something and it was the only way to survive.

I remember this nature video where a cheetah downed a mother gazelle and immediately killed and dragged off her bleating calf because it wandered too close to its dead mother. It looked cruel at first, but the hyenas dining on the mother a few hours later put it in perspective.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I just hope Jason
was just shot with a tranquilizer or something. I doubt they'd kill him off like that.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's all it was. She loves him too much to off him.

[quote name='shieryda']So,
who pulled the other telepath into the room at the end of the hall after he delivered the message to Bill?

Also, Jessica is freaking smoking hot.[/QUOTE]
Lorena grabbed barry, Eric ran off to get Sookie
Yes Jessica is hot!!

so whats the deal wth Godric?
for someone who was supposedly captured and about to die he looked pretty healthy. also why didnt bill contact jessica mentally and get her to help sookie or at least help him get that crazy vamp chick off of him?

[quote name='lokizz']so whats the deal wth Godric?
for someone who was supposedly captured and about to die he looked pretty healthy. also why didnt bill contact jessica mentally and get her to help sookie or at least help him get that crazy vamp chick off of him?
[/QUOTE]

Good point. She could have probably contacted Eric, too, but it seems that he wouldn't have helped at all.

[quote name='lokizz']so whats the deal wth Godric?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think Jessica is anywhere near powerful enough to help take her down seeing as she's only been a vampire few a few weeks/months; it just would have ben a wast of a good characer. Also, I don't think they've established yet that Bill and Jessica have a psychic bond.

[quote name='Purple Flames']
I don't think Jessica is anywhere near powerful enough to help take her down seeing as she's only been a vampire few a few weeks/months; it just would have ben a wast of a good characer. Also, I don't think they've established yet that Bill and Jessica have a psychic bond.
[/QUOTE]

hes her maker though same way that one chick who made bill had control over him id assume he has some kind of control over her. yeah m sure shes not that strong since strength seems to be tied into age but she could have helped sookie but then maybe the bond is more related to closeness since if godric was in danger , supposedly, why wouldnt he be able to call out to eric?
great show though its defnelty getting harder to not read the books .

[quote name='lokizz']
hes her maker though same way that one chick who made bill had control over him id assume he has some kind of control over her. yeah m sure shes not that strong since strength seems to be tied into age but she could have helped sookie but then maybe the bond is more related to closeness since if godric was in danger , supposedly, why wouldnt he be able to call out to eric?
great show though its defnelty getting harder to not read the books .[/QUOTE]

There's something fishy going on. Like you said, if Godric and Eric are that close, then there's no way Eric would be clueless on what's going on in the church.

[quote name='shieryda']Good point. She could have probably contacted Eric, too, but it seems that he wouldn't have helped at all.[/QUOTE]

She probably doesn't know how.

Throw my hat in the lot with the guys who say that she is smoking hot.
I was sad to see Amy go, but they found a suitable replacement.

I can't wait for tonights episode. I watched all the episodes on demand and I finally caught up, so now I can watch them with everyone else.

I'm catching up now... Only though most of the first season.

I just got though the episode where Sam spills to Sookie that he's a shapeshifter
I was on the fence about this show before that, but they throw some random stupid sideways shit like that and I'm not going to bother with this show.

On another note now that I know there's a True Blood show thread... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6164648&postcount=4810

This episode had somo of the best dialogue exchanges in the series:

Crazy Preacher - "Jesus will protect me!"
Godrch - "I'm actually older than your Jesus"

Preacher - "Well see which on of us gets to heaven"
Jason - I've already been to heaven. It was inside your wife!"

^

without a doubt.

Jason : "was that okay for you?"
Bill : "it was....fine"

this episode was awesome. The comic con teaser made it seem like eric was trapped by the fellowship, which he was for a short period of time. Happy he got alright okay but the ending has pretty much everyone in the room in peril. So my guess either luke dies, bomb fails, or someone scarfices themselves for the rest of the cast of the show. Either way couldn't be more excited for next week.

I dunno if anyone commented on this before but the credit music for each episode has something to do w/ the cliffhanger. I enjoy the unique music for each episode. Some fall flat but others like Episode 8, Season 2 were pretty good.

This has to do with season 2 in general. I enjoyed the introduction of a new monster/maryann but her trick is getting lame. having people wake up in a daze not knowing what they did is getting on my nerves. They need to introduce another demon with some cool power or just end her because atm having people question what they did last night and then get black eyed every other episode isn't doing much for me. Then again im a bit biased. For me True Blood would ideally be about Eric tearing apart humans for an hour straight.

Yea, theres one thing i'm kinda cringing about for the next episode

Lafayette & Lettie Mae (Tara's Mom) hold an intervention for Tara and Eggs...

I can only imagine what that scene will consist of. But yea, this week's episode was great.

Jason was in full force this episode. Between his interactions with Sarah (Jesus saved me, and the Judas comment), the "inside your wife" comment, and then the extremely awkward moment with Bill, so many LOL moments.

My guess, with Alan Ball's quirkyness, the bomb is going to be a dud. I just wonder if the third time will be the charm with Godric letting people leave his house alive.

[quote name='Purple Flames']This episode had somo of the best dialogue exchanges in the series:

[/QUOTE]
Jason is awesome for that.
I wouldn't be fucking Jessica:drool: at all, that shit grows every time oh no. WTF was up with them eating Daphne's heart and going all crazy and shit:puke:. Moment of the show was Bill smacking Lorena with a Flat-Screen TV damn!

I was actually wondering about that after Bill turned her. Since they can heal from basically anything. I didn't know if they would actually write that into the show or just ignore it.

[quote name='JolietJake']I was actually wondering about that after Bill turned her. Since they can heal from basically anything. I didn't know if they would actually write that into the show or just ignore it.[/QUOTE]

Its done for comedy's sake. Technically if everything healed back, Eric's hair would just grow again each time he cut it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Its done for comedy's sake. Technically if everything healed back, Eric's hair would just grow again each time he cut it.[/QUOTE]

not to be technical but hair is dead so it wouldnt grow back

great episode still tired of the whole maryann storyline , man theyre dragging it out forever,
i doubt the bomb will be functional my guess is that guy made it himself but if it is real maybe godric will take him out of the house. he and bill seem alot alike ( he whole self loathing of self deal) and if he doesnt off himself someone will or he will let them. im also thinking bill's maker will turn that male telepath.

Didn't you guys see the preview for the next episode?

the bomb went off and killed at least a few of the vampires in the hive. Bill and I think Eric are okay, but I don't think I saw Godrich. I hope he's okay. thik his character is interesting and could lead to a lot of possibilities.

Also, like you guys, I'm sick and fucking tired of this Maryann storyline. What the fuck does this bitch want? Just whn you think you've figured her out, they toss in some other motive she has.

Maybe this is just my inner gamer nerd talking, but did anyone else think of Dead Rising when Bill smashed Lorena over the head with the flatscreen TV?

Good times.

I liked when she was talking to sookie about how they're so thin and light, but still hurt when you get one smashed over your head.:lol:

Terrific episode. I'm not a huge Jason Stackhouse fan but he was incredible this time around.
Andy Belfleur is magical. "IT WAS A BULL. WITH HORNS. AND A DRESS!"
Fantastic.
Can't wait for next week!

Finally catching up on Season 2. I guess the only reason I watch this show is for the Chicks...
eusa_shifty.gif

Although, I gotta say... the turns so far have been unforseen which is pretty good.

Yeah, Andy is one of my favorite characters on the show.

Last episode was one of the best yet. I was wondering if the big Texas vampire would go after the traitor.

My wife just ordered the set of books from Amazon for like 40% off.

Eric is freakin' tall as hell! And he was in "Zoolander".:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purple Flames']This episode had somo of the best dialogue exchanges in the series:

[/QUOTE]

I also enjoyed Eric's exchange with Sookie:
"Don't use words you do not understand" and "Do not use words I do not understand"

Call me crazy, but I think
Eric will be the one to attempt to save everyone from the bomb (since he would be protecting Godric).

bread's done
Back