TurboGrafx-16 Mini Retro Console (Amazon Exclusive : Pre-orders start July 15th)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
gdpteemblz1zjqrwmupn.jpg
 ​
regions.jpg
 ​
 ​

OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE : MARCH 19, 2020   (MSRP is $99.99)

AMAZON will be the EXCLUSIVE SELLER for this device, and pre-orders will open up on July 15th.

Konami's plug and play mini-replica system (roughly 85% of the original console's dimensions to maintain authenticity) will feature USB-enabled original-sized controller, HDMI-output, different display modes, quick save function for its pre-loaded games, and multitap accessory support (sold separately) for up to 5 players at once.  50 pre-loaded games currently announced are :

​
American Titles (English language only)
  • Air Zonk
  • Alien Crush
  • Blazing Lazers
  • Bomberman ‘93
  • Bonk’s Revenge
  • Cadash
  • Chew-Man-Fu
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • J.J. & Jeff
  • Lords Of Thunder
  • Military Madness
  • Moto Roader
  • Neutopia
  • Neutopia II
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Parasol Stars
  • Power Golf
  • Psychosis
  • R-Type
  • Soldier Blade
  • Space Harrier
  • Victory Run
  • Ys Book I&II

PC Engine titles (Japanese language only)
  • Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo (aka Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood)
  • Aldynes (SuperGrafx game)
  • Appare! Gateball
  • Bomberman ‘94
  • Bomberman Panic Bomber
  • Chō Aniki
  • Daimakaimura (Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts - SuperGrafx game)
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
  • Gradius (Nemesis)
  • Gradius II – Gofer No Yabō (Nemesis II)
  • Jaseiken Necromancer
  • Nectaris (Military Madness)
  • Neutopia
  • Neutopia II
  • Ninja Ryūkenden (Ninja Gaiden)
  • PC-Genjin (Bonk)
  • Salamander
  • Snatcher
  • Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier)
  • Super Darius
  • Super Momotarō Dentetsu II
  • Super Star Soldier
  • The Kung Fu (China Warrior)
  • Ys I&II

Additional Turbo TG-16 mini controller - 2800 yen  (approx. $28)

Multi-tap TG-16 mini expansion accessory for 4 added controller ports - 3400 yen (approx. $34)

There are overlaps of games from the two different regions, so all titles are in their original language only.  If any other details arise, I will be sure to update this page. Cheers!

Official website is HERE

For comparison's sake, the Japanese counterpart (PC Engine Mini) will include the following exclusive titles:

• Tokimeki Memorial (Dating sim) to replace Salamander

Cool stats to noodle over : 138 licensed games were released for the Turbografx-16 in North America, with 44 of them being on the CD-format.  On the other hand, a total of 650 games were officially released commercially in Japan for the PC Engine.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered multiple items so they would put it in a box. It worked even thought it was just the items and no bubble wrap or air packets. But the box is pretty good condition overall, so I am happy.
I was worried about them shipping my TurboGrafx mini with no box so I paid extra for the gift bag/box option during checkout. They put the mini in a nice gift bag and then put that in a box. It arrived undamaged.

Just marking the order as "gift" or ordering multiple items hasn't worked for me in the past when I was trying to avoid damage to games being shipped in a flimsy envelope.

And, now Analogue has announced it will be producing its own version of the TurboGrafx.

Analogue announces the Duo

Their new system will support all current versions of TurboGrafx games, and PC Engine games. And in a first for Analogue, the system will have a built-in disc drive. Turbo-CD games will also be natively supported without any need for additional hardware. Custom FPGA core programmers will likely love this addition, as it will allow for development of retro emulator cores for CD-based systems. It is also a boon for classic Turbo-CD collectors, as the CD add-ons for those systems were notoriously finicky and prone to break down.

As is typical of Analogue systems, this thing looks prohibitively expensive, but slick as hell. Turbo Grafx collecting is a bit more niche than SNES or Genesis, so I'm not sure this will sell as well as their other systems. One of the big benefits for collectors is built-support for PC Engine titles. While the TurboGrafx was a footnote in the U.S., the PC Engine had a long and prolific run in Japan, and the games for it there are fairly easy to acquire. Anyone looking to do a little PC Engine importing will want to take a look at this thing.

They also announced a cartridge adapter for Hu-Card titles that will work with the Analogue Pocket. This will effectively allow the Pocket to behave like a Turbo-Express. 

You will be lucky to get one since it will sell out in a heartbeat.  Analogue is the new scalper's paradise.

That said, I'll be in line to get one.  I really like my Mega Sg.  Waiting on another run of the Super Nt.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duo won't sell out as quickly as the Pocket. The Pocket targets a very broad demographic, and supports a sizable number of popular systems.  Also, there will hopefully be greater stability in production when it goes up for sale. The Pocket's pre-orders went up while Covid was still screwing over general production pipelines. There will be some demand there for the Duo, but it won't be nearly as popular as the Super NT, Mega SG, or Pocket.

bread's done
Back