Ubisoft threatens to sue Something Awful over Jade Raymond webcomic

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I like how everyone just ignored CoffeeEdge's evidence, and kept preaching in their "I'm better than you women haters because I don't have a sense of humor" way.

Also did someone compare Jade Raymond to Will Wright? Are you kidding me?[/quote]

He didn't provide any evidence. I read a lot of gaming mags and go to a lot of gaming sites and quite frankly, I don't remember seeing any more about her than any other producer.

myke's point about Itagaki is a good one. No one is more front and center than him, but he gets a pass because he is a ugly jackass like most of the classless clones online? Enjoy your sausage party. BTW, I am not directing that at you Rei, I'm just making a general statement. You are on a short list of CAGs I enjoy chatting with.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']myke's point about Itagaki is a good one. No one is more front and center than him, but he gets a pass because he is a ugly jackass[/QUOTE]

That's cold, man. I always thought he was goin' for a Joey Ramone kinda thing.

IMO the real story is the lawsuit.

By filing a lawsuit Ubisoft is effectively saying that the only way they can reply to this parody is censorship. It's typical big corpo bullying BS - I'm pretty sure the first amendment hasn't been nullified (yet).

I'm confused as to the supposed merits of the lawsuit. Is Ubisoft saying that they are the only company that can create content featuring a likeness of Jade that references the "Assassin Creed" brandname at the same time? In that case many interviews and game reviews (not to mention this thread) would also be in contempt.

Are they saying that this is slander? Because any sane person is going to realize that the author's intent was not to depict a real life event.

In poor taste... yes.
But First Amendment protects it.
While I do think there was a industry commentary in this comic (Sex appeal being used to drum up hype for a game), they could have handled it in better taste. But then again, who am I to judge what is in poor taste...

Show this thread or a copy of Jade's bio and a copy of the comic to your mothers, girlfriends, or wives.

See what their opinions are. It should prove interesting.

[quote name='camoor']IMO the real story is the lawsuit.

By filing a lawsuit Ubisoft is effectively saying that the only way they can reply to this parody is censorship. It's typical big corpo bullying BS - I'm pretty sure the first amendment hasn't been nullified (yet).[/QUOTE]
UBISOFT HAS NOT FILED ANY LAWSUIT.

Jeez.

[quote name='getmyrunon']For me, this thread is about one thing and one thing only - people DEFENDING the production of the comic on grounds that it was somehow a legitimate interpretation of JR's actions in the promotion of this game.

There is absolutely no reason to make a correlation between Jade Raymond giving people blowjobs and Jade Raymond promoting a video game she worked on. NONE AT ALL. So the question is how does this happen? How does a comic like this get made, and more importantly how do people justify it? In my opinion, the answer is part of a broader social statement that I can't even begin to explain, but I can at least try to identify it and explore it. I've got my reasons as to maybe why, and others have theirs. I like hearing them and thinking about it.

This isn't about moral high ground, it's about letting people know that there exists the POSSIBILITY that we all have some fairly deep rooted biases that we should at least consider acknowledging. Sorry that this thread doesn't meet your standards of time worthiness, although I imagine if I poked through a couple of the threads we've both posted in recently they wouldn't qualify either :)

Oh and edit: what would you have said instead of confirmation bias (not trying to be a wiseass, serious question.. if there are more applicable theories I'd like to read about them. You can PM me if you don't want to post any more).[/QUOTE]

Your use of the term was correct, but it backfired, since there was Cliffy hate when GoW came out. Still plenty of it if you mention his name.

Not to snap back, but I don't need to be told what's behind the comic, how the comic came to be, or what this thread is about. I feel I have a great grasp on all that (at least I'd like to think my years as a soc major taught me to see things from multiple perspectives), but so far, any mediating comments I've made were flushed. There's always a point when those witnessing an argument start analyzing the participants instead of the issue-- usually that point is when the horse is dead and bloody.I think it's clear this is about some sort of high ground and most definitely NOT about coming to some consensus or exchanging ideas. Neither side will listen to the other, both are pigeonholing each other with reckless abandon :lol: I know it's also fruitless to come in and say "in my opinion, this thread sucks" but someone's got to throw that out every once in a while ;)

and it wouldn't be presumptuous to see hard-headed, incessant arguing as nothing more than a game of masculine chest beating where one is looking to claim "alpha male." That spin makes the thread that much more ironic :lol: okay, I'll stfu now.

Well the comic is, at worst, tasteless and perhaps libelous. You can't really defame someone's good name and just chalk it up to humor, which some here seem to be confused about. The reason it works on celebrities is because they're considered public figures, and even then you obviously have limitations--hence the fairly regular headlines you read about tabloids being sued. The issue the comic runs into is would anyone seriously believe she had done such things based upon it? I doubt it, but she could still claim defamation.

All of that is a bit moot, however, as they apparently simply asked them to take it down. I can't blame them for that at all. Whatever happened to chivalry in this country?

Now, was she "whored out" to promote the game? No, and yes. It doesn't appear she was "whored out" anymore than other developers. I have to admit, I have no idea who Cliffy B was until Gears of War and suddenly his face was everywhere, usually looking drunk. That's certainly less dignified than anyone video I've seen of Jade (and by the way, I had no idea who she was until this comic came out and I saw this thread). She's not really dressy scantly or flirting with the camera, from what I can see. So, basically, she's the producer of the title and is featured in their videos--like other producers, as well. Did maybe they choose her as the face of the game because she's a pretty face? Maybe, but that's just life, and does not equate one with being a slut or a whore. If so, you could label most professionals in the media industry as such, and that's simply childish.

What all of this does show is sexist attitude that many young men still hold. I'm not at all shocked to see it, but it is a little chilling. Good for her if she can put a female face on an industry long dominated by men. I don't recall such a prominent woman developer since Roberta Williams of the King's Quest series. I don't recall her being labeled a slut at the time for daring to show her face. My how times have changed.

[quote name='elwood731']
What all of this does show is sexist attitude that many young men still hold. I'm not at all shocked to see it, but it is a little chilling. Good for her if she can put a female face on an industry long dominated by men. I don't recall such a prominent woman developer since Roberta Williams of the King's Quest series. I don't recall her being labeled a slut at the time for daring to show her face. My how times have changed.[/quote]

Can you point out to me the post where someone called/labelled Jade Raymond a slut, I can't be bothered going back through this entire train wreck of a thread. I suspect it didn't happen, but if it did then I fully agree the comic should be removed.

It's really a common impulse these days, the desire to consider themselves more enlightened than others by "finding" sexism in others and cheering on that minority.

[quote name='elwood731']What all of this does show is sexist attitude that many young men still hold. I'm not at all shocked to see it, but it is a little chilling. Good for her if she can put a female face on an industry long dominated by men. I don't recall such a prominent woman developer since Roberta Williams of the King's Quest series. I don't recall her being labeled a slut at the time for daring to show her face. My how times have changed.[/quote]
Yeah, those sexist people defending her are absolutely chauvinistic.

And Roberta Williams wasn't whored out for her good looks like Jade was.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It's really a common impulse these days, the desire to consider themselves more enlightened than others by "finding" sexism in others and cheering on that minority.[/quote]

Oh come the fuck on. How is it not sexist to draw up a comic with a woman getting jizzed on? Any woman. Much less one who didn't do anything remotely sexual. Even if you want to say she was metaphorically "whored out," defending that image is sexist. Hell, she isn't even drawn fucking a dude, she's drawn in the most demeaning sexual manner possible. Defend it all you want for free speech, but don't try to defend it as if it wasn't sexist.

[quote name='SpazX']Oh come the fuck on. How is it not sexist to draw up a comic with a woman getting jizzed on?[/quote]

It's not.

But do you think that it's ok to draw a guy getting jizzed on?

Then you're sexist.

[quote name='B:L']It's not.

Then you're sexist.[/quote]

That didn't make any sense.

Wtf are you talking about? She's being drawn getting jizzed on because she's a woman, that's why it's sexist. Jizzing on someone is a dominating act.

[quote name='SpazX']Wtf are you talking about? She's being drawn getting jizzed on because she's a woman, that's why it's sexist.[/quote]

So if it was a guy, it's not sexist?

That's sexist.

[quote name='Magus8472']As you've argued, Ubisoft, Gametrailers and others are at least as guilty as Raymond herself in this supposed oversaturation. A real attempt at satire, then, would include them, and yet they feature nowhere in this general indictment of "Jade's game."

Thus, it's heavy-handed chauvinism masquerading as parody.[/QUOTE]
Again, the comic assumed you're smart enough to be able to apply the context to it, and not have to spell everything out to you. Which, clearly, you're not.

I don't think that this comic was made for people who don't know anything about Raymond, and who might actually take the comic's joke at face value. It was made for people who have been paying attention to the situation, who have grown cynical of her over-exposure, and who can understand the joke.

If you're too inept to apply the context and history of Raymond's use in the promotion of Assassin's Creed, to apply even that tiny bit of critical thinking, then just go read something stupid like Penny Arcade, and yuck it up about how huge Xbox is or something.

[quote name='B:L']So if it was a guy, it's not sexist?

That's sexist.[/quote]

Here, let me try to give you a parallel by using racism:

Drawing of a white man with a fried chicken leg in one hand and a watermelon slice in the other - not racist (against the white man anyway)

Drawing of a black man with a fried chicken leg in one hand and a watermelon slice in the other - probably racist

Get it?

What you are saying doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='SpazX']Oh come the fuck on. How is it not sexist to draw up a comic with a woman getting jizzed on? Any woman. [/quote]

This comic really taps into the taboos associated with the Puritanical conception of the ideal woman: pure, virginal, and sexually timid.

[quote name='B:L']So if it was a guy, it's not sexist?

That's sexist.[/quote]
:rofl:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']This is so fucking stupid.

None of you are ever going to get laid, no matter how long you keep up this "sensitive guy" act.[/quote]

The fact you even think that is true shows your ignorance.

You guys made it sound like it was Pamela Anderson or something the way you described her promoting the game. She is really good looking though.

The comic wasn't funny at all, and I think someone just takes their games way too seriously. Why even bother making the comic? Was it grinding them up inside that she was being "whored out" to promote Ac? Just play the damn game!

None of you are ever going to get laid, no matter how long you keep up this "sensitive guy" act.[/quote]
You know the fact that you think men only defend women when they want to get laid shows something about how you think.

I don't think I need to tell you what that is.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I like how everyone just ignored CoffeeEdge's evidence, and kept preaching in their "I'm better than you women haters because I don't have a sense of humor" way.
[/QUOTE]

Evidence? How is a gametrailers page evidence? I suspect the reason you see her face all over that page has more to do with gametrailers and the demands of their audience than Jade or Ubisoft. Do a search for Jade Raymond on their forums, there were topics every couple weeks started by the users about her, it seems the gametrailers users were pretty infatuated. I'm sure using her face on the site brought lots of clicks for gametrailers.

[quote name='benjamouth']Can you point out to me the post where someone called/labelled Jade Raymond a slut, I can't be bothered going back through this entire train wreck of a thread. I suspect it didn't happen, but if it did then I fully agree the comic should be removed.[/QUOTE]

You should look at the comic again.

None of you are ever going to get laid, no matter how long you keep up this "sensitive guy" act.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with being sensitive for me, the comic is embarrassing as a gamer. It revels in the juvenile mindset that gaming should be growing out of, not celebrating. It singles out someone who still hasn't been shown to promote a game any differently than others in the industry, the only difference being that she is an attactive woman.

[quote name='msdmoney']Evidence? How is a gametrailers page evidence? I suspect the reason you see her face all over that page has more to do with gametrailers and the demands of their audience than Jade or Ubisoft. Do a search for Jade Raymond on their forums, there were topics every couple weeks started by the users about her, it seems the gametrailers users were pretty infatuated. I'm sure using her face on the site brought lots of clicks for gametrailers.[/quote]
You don't say? I kind of remember someone saying something like that. Something to the effect of the real funny part being about the nerds in the comic, and not Jade. Oh I remember now:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']*shrugs* I thought the comic was funny. I saw it as making fun of gaming nerds just as much as Ubisoft.[/quote]
That's the real joke IMO. The fact that people made a big deal out of her because she was an attractive woman heavily promoting a game. But of course a good chunk of you have to latch onto the sexism angle to satisfy that "holier than thou" attitude you seem to have.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:rofl:

The fact you even think that is true shows your ignorance.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you take everything in this thread so fucking seriously and literally shows that you really deserve to shut up.

[quote name='SpazX']You know the fact that you think men only defend women when they want to get laid shows something about how you think.

I don't think I need to tell you what that is.[/QUOTE]
You know the fact that you take everything in this thread so fucking seriously and literally shows shows something about how you think.

You're stupid, so I think I need to tell you what it is:
Surprise! You don't "think" at all. :booty:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The fact that you take everything in this thread so fucking seriously and literally shows that you really deserve to shut the hell up.[/quote]

Aw. Someone took my comment so seriously on the interweb! :lol:

Man, you keep walking right into it. Plus, you can't keep your emotions in check. "ITS JUST THE INTERNET, don't take it so seriously," as you have said in your other posts. Or is that only when it suits your needs?

Thanks for proving your own comments wrong.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Aw. Someone took my comment so seriously on the interweb! :lol:

Man, you keep walking right into it. Plus, you can't keep your emotions in check. "ITS JUST THE INTERNET, don't take it so seriously," as you have said in your other posts. Or is that only when it suits your needs?

Thanks for proving your own comments wrong.[/QUOTE]
Quit being a retard.

Every time I call you out for acting like a little bitch for taking things too seriously, when you know damn well you were taking them seriously, you try and turn it around after the fact and say "oh lolololz I fooled you lolz I wasn't really being serious lolz."

You're the one walking into my traps, you see.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Quit being a retard.

Every time I call you out for acting like a little bitch for taking things too seriously, when you know damn well you were taking them seriously, you try and turn it around after the fact and say "oh lolololz I fooled you lolz I wasn't really being serious lolz."

You're the one walking into my traps, you see.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's the real joke IMO. The fact that people made a big deal out of her because she was an attractive woman heavily promoting a game. But of course a good chunk of you have to latch onto the sexism angle to satisfy that "holier than thou" attitude you seem to have.[/quote]

I dunno, obviously the nerds aren't shown really favorably, but they're not the ones in a bikini sucking dick and getting jizzed on.

If you wanted to make fun of the nerds you'd have them drooling while Jade hands them a game and takes their money. I don't usually think you're making fun of somebody when you're having their dick sucked. At least in my mind I don't see "you're such a loser nerd, let me suck your dick" as making sense really.

[quote name='SpazX']Here, let me try to give you a parallel by using racism:

Drawing of a white man with a fried chicken leg in one hand and a watermelon slice in the other - not racist (against the white man anyway)

Drawing of a black man with a fried chicken leg in one hand and a watermelon slice in the other - probably racist

Get it?

What you are saying doesn't make any sense.[/quote]

Here, let me take you up on your offer and draw a parallel to your example by using sexism:

Drawing of a man getting jizzed on - not sexist (against the man anyway)

Drawing of a woman getting jizzed - probably sexist

Get it?

What you are saying doesn't make any sense. Because your parallel is exactly my point.

You're saying a guy getting jizzed on is not sexist. And that's sexist.

[quote name='B:L']Here, let me take you up on your offer and draw a parallel to your example by using sexism:

Drawing of a man getting jizzed on - not sexist (against the man anyway)

Drawing of a woman getting jizzed - probably sexist

Get it?

What you are saying doesn't make any sense. Because your parallel is exactly my point.

You're saying a guy getting jizzed on is not sexist. And that's sexist.[/quote]

87665Dude-Wtf-Posters.jpg

I won't get on you too much about your posts though because you are pretty cool in the fighting game threads. :)

http://teh-dave.deviantart.com/journal/15581987/?offset=0#comments

Hoo boy. Who'd have thought 2 hours of messing around in Photoshop due to random boredom one night could result in so much DRAMA! Actually, it was probably inevetiable since the internet is full of morons who think they know everything (myself included).

So, to dispel some misunderstandings caused by up-their-own-arse moralistic $$$$$$s, here's a "Buy Jade's Game" MORAL-O-FAQ!

Q: Did you Buy Jade's Game?
A: As a matter of fact, I did. I've had it pre-orderded since before I knew of poor Jade's existence, since it looked quite nifty. Sadly, despite being promising in many areas, it gets very boring rather quickly, and has the most ridiculous plot since Star Ocean 3 (This is Jade's game... with a Sci-fi/Horror twist). Oh well.

Q: Why do you hate Jade? Leave Jade alone!
A: Personally, I have nothing against her. I just found the entire situation of HER being more heavily marketed and gaining more "press" (and I use the term loosely) coverage, than THE GAME to be somewhat amusing. In fact, fair do's to her working her way to a cushy position like "Executive Producer", it really is the ideal job; since all you do is sit around doing nothing and get paid for it. RESULT!
But I digress, this has nothing to do the matter at hand.

Q: What statement are you trying to make with the Jade Comic?
A: If you would take some time to read the links I originally posted along with the comic, you see that the primary reason for it's existence is the "Jade Hype" on videogame forums, blogs and "news" sites like Kotaku (lolz). Although Ubi-Soft UNDOUBTEDLY whored Jade out to an extent, it really wasn't any more than how say, Cliffy B whore's HIMSELF out. The difference is, forum nerds, bloggers and Kotaku (lolz) got rather more hot and bothered for Jade than they would for old Cliffy.
So, I suppose Jade could be classed as "Collateral Damage", which may not be very fair, but honestly, if you really care about something as trivial as a comic, you're a collossal $$$$$$ (that goes for you ladies too). A joke is a joke, and is only as harmful to you as you let it be.
When someone makes a joke about you, it is YOU who chooses whether or not it becomes EPIC BUTTHURT, not the other way around.

Q: What if Ubi-Soft sue you?
A: They won't, because they don't have a case. As obviously tastless and unsubtle as the comic may be, it is no different to (for example) Dave Chappele dressing up as R.Kelly and pretending to pee in someone's mouth or cartoons in newspapers showing George Bush as the devil. It is merely bullying tactics, and would reflect more badly on them than anyone else.

Q: What is a "moralfag"?
A: A moralfag is a person who's principals are so far wedged up their own backside that they believe that any any remotely derogatory commentary made on anyone else is unnaceptable, unfounded, sexist, racist and, possibly, EVIL. That is, of course, unless they are the ones doing it. Moralfags are also utterly convinced that their view of morality is the ONLY view, and anyone who disagrees can GTFOTHX!
In summary, a moralfag is 99% of DeviantArt users. OH SHIT!

Q: Are you a moralfag?
A: No, I'm just a self-satisfied cunt.

Have fun flaming, arse-lickers!

I find it funny that people are so offended by this comic yet dont bother expressing that to the person that actually made it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:

The funny thing is that Coffee goes in that pot.[/quote]
That was a tea kettle..

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
87665Dude-Wtf-Posters.jpg

I won't get on you too much about your posts though because you are pretty cool in the fighting game threads. :)[/quote]

I'm just making a case that some people don't really understand the full definition of sexism. ;)

sexism - attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

It's a stereotype to think that she was jizzed on because she was a woman. Hence, sexism. Guys can get jizzed on too.

I'm for equality of the sexes here.

[quote name='B:L']It's a stereotype to think that she was jizzed on because she was a woman. Hence, sexism. Guys can get jizzed on too.

I'm for equality of the sexes here.[/quote]

Now that was funny. :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Show this thread or a copy of Jade's bio and a copy of the comic to your mothers, girlfriends, or wives.

See what their opinions are. It should prove interesting.[/quote] "HEY MA! LOOKIT THIS COMIC! It has three guys throwing yogurt on a girl in a bikini! :lol:"

Also, relating to the nerds in the comic discussed earlier, one of them is drawn after an actual person who's appeared in a GameStop ad. It's become a current 4Chan meme in the video games section. Dave simply reused that not only as the kid's line in the ad was quite nerdy (talks about the reason he loves the 360 is not only cause of the achievements, but because others can see them), but it's a bit of something those who know would catch on to it.

[quote name='B:L']I'm just making a case that some people don't really understand the full definition of sexism. ;)

sexism - attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

It's a stereotype to think that she was jizzed on because she was a woman. Hence, sexism. Guys can get jizzed on too.

I'm for equality of the sexes here.[/quote]
She was getting jizzed on because she was a woman. That's why it's sexist. A man getting jizzed on isn't a "behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles" and so it isn't (although it's still demeaning).

Me making the observation that she was getting jizzed on because she was a woman doesn't make me sexist just like making the observation that a black man didn't get a cab because he's black wouldn't make me racist. That doesn't make any sense.

If the intent of the comic writer was to make fun of how Ubisoft was "whoring her out" he did a terrible job by actually depicting her as a whore. It's not my fault he can't tell the difference.

[quote name='SpazX']She was getting jizzed on because she was a woman. That's why it's sexist. A man getting jizzed on isn't a "behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles" and so it isn't (although it's still demeaning).[/quote]

It's an "attitude based on traditional sterotypes of sexual roles". You're still in the sexist mindset that it's ok for a man to get jizzed on, but if it's a woman, you'll be up in arms. That type of discrimination is called...sexism.

You can't have your boo cake and eat it too.

[quote name='B:L']It's an "attitude based on traditional sterotypes of sexual roles". You're still in the sexist mindset that it's ok for a man to get jizzed on, but if it's a woman, you'll be up in arms. That type of discrimination is called...sexism.

You can't have your boo cake and eat it too.[/quote]

I never said it was "ok" for a man to get jizzed on, in fact I just said it would still be demeaning. I said it wouldn't be sexist to depict that because it isn't based on a gender stereotype.

In the comic, Jade is depicted as an attractive woman and therefore she can't do anything but be stupid, suck dick, and get jizzed on. All sexist stereotypes.

Q: What is a "moralfag"?
A: A moralfag is a person who's principals are so far wedged up their own backside that they believe that any any remotely derogatory commentary made on anyone else is unnaceptable, unfounded, sexist, racist and, possibly, EVIL. That is, of course, unless they are the ones doing it. Moralfags are also utterly convinced that their view of morality is the ONLY view, and anyone who disagrees can GTFOTHX!
In summary, a moralfag is 99% of DeviantArt users. OH SHIT!

Q: Are you a moralfag?
A: No, I'm just a self-satisfied cunt.
Wow. It's almost as if it was me, myself talking.

You guys are moralfags.

[quote name='SpazX']I never said it was "ok" for a man to get jizzed on, in fact I just said it would still be demeaning. I said it wouldn't be sexist to depict that because it isn't based on a gender stereotype.

In the comic, Jade is depicted as an attractive woman and therefore she can't do anything but be stupid, suck dick, and get jizzed on. All sexist stereotypes.[/quote]
Heh, I knew you would attach to the whole "stereotype" part of the "definition".

Here's the OTHER accepted definition:

sexism - Discrimination based on gender

Saying that it's sexist to jizz on a girl but not sexist to jizz on a guy is discriminating based on gender. YOU'RE the one enforcing gender stereotypes with your generalization.

So it's ok to know that you're a sexist, because now you can change. The first step is admitting your sexist problem.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:lol:[/QUOTE]
emottootnn3.gif

You can't hide behind "lol" forever. You basically suck and you will continue to suck until the end of time.

[quote name='B:L']Heh, I knew you would attach to the whole "stereotype" part of the "definition".

Here's the OTHER accepted definition:

sexism - Discrimination based on gender

Saying that it's sexist to jizz on a girl but not sexist to jizz on a guy is discriminating based on gender. YOU'RE the one enforcing gender stereotypes with your generalization.

So it's ok to know that you're a sexist, because now you can change. The first step is admitting your sexist problem.[/quote]

It's not sexist to say that something is sexist and another thing isn't sexist. It's not enforcing gender stereotypes to point out gender stereotypes.

As long as women can't jizz, jizz on a man is coming from another man, which automatically makes it a different act. You're trying to stretch the definition of sexism to the point where it doesn't mean anything.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
emottootnn3.gif

You can't hide behind "lol" forever. You basically suck and you will continue to suck until the end of time.[/quote]

:lol:

Pure genius.

[quote name='SpazX']It's not sexist to say that something is sexist and another thing isn't sexist.[/quote]

It's sexist to say that something is sexist for one sex and that same thing is not sexist for another sex.

So by your definition, you're saying that if a woman can jizz, and she jizzes on a man, that's the same act as a man jizzing on a woman.

I'm sure there are some videos out there, but that's exactly what I'm saying and I'm glad you agree. They're both demeaning, but there is no inherent sexism in there.

[quote name='B:L']It's sexist to say that something is sexist for one sex and that same thing is not sexist for another sex.

So by your definition, you're saying that if a woman can jizz, and she jizzes on a man, that's the same act as a man jizzing on a woman.

I'm sure there are some videos out there, but that's exactly what I'm saying and I'm glad you agree. They're both demeaning, but there is no inherent sexism in there.[/quote]

It's not sexist to say something is sexist for one sex and not the other. I was trying my best to show you that through an easier example of racism, but you didn't attempt to understand that and instead just replaced the words as if that meant something.

Having a second definition for a word that you can try to twist around because it's vague doesn't negate the first definition. The way Jade was depicted in that comic contained several sexist stereotypes. Being jizzed on was one of them becuase, as I've said, jizzing on someone is an act of dominance, dominance of the man over the woman because men are dominant and women are submissive. It's sexist.

Women can't jizz as they aren't men and don't have penises, prostates, etc. Men also aren't stereotypically submissive and/or stereotypically sex objects so a woman jizzing on a man still wouldn't mean the same thing in that impossible situation. A man jizzing on a man is not the same as a man jizzing on a woman and can't show dominance of one gender over the other because they're the same fucking gender. It's a completely different situation and relationship.

Men and women are viewed differently in society and have different social rankings affecting the way that relationships between them are handled. Therefore, if a woman does something and a man does something they don't necessarily have the same social meaning. To point that out isn't sexist, it's a fact.

[quote name='SpazX']It's not sexist to say something is sexist for one sex and not the other. To point that out isn't sexist, it's a fact.[/quote]

Actually, that's the very definition of sexism. You're discriminating by gender.

Look, you're defending women. That's all well and good, but when you put them up on a pedestal so high that it enters Imaginary Land where all women don't have penises, then that's a sexist viewpoint.

Because of that, you're discriminating FOR them and discriminating AGAINST guys, BECAUSE of your sexist stereotypes.

That's why that is sexism.

bread's done
Back