Ubisoft's new DRM cracked in under 25 hours

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't want to get into this again; but I still don't get why this DRM is so bad. Cause you have to be connected to online?[/QUOTE]

Stay where you are then.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't want to get into this again; but I still don't get why this DRM is so bad. Cause you have to be connected to online?[/QUOTE]
When they released the game nobody could play it because ubisofts servers went down. Isnt that enough reason alone to be able to say that the DRM is bad?

[quote name='freddy_']When they released the game nobody could play it because ubisofts servers went down. Isnt that enough reason alone to be able to say that the DRM is bad?[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but to make it where you need to be connected 24/7 for a single player only game is retarded.

[quote name='SEH']Not only that, but to make it where you need to be connected 24/7 for a single player only game is retarded.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If I wanted to be connected to the net while I played, I'd play a MMO, not a freaking single player game.

I just got a new PC a few weeks ago. I was all excited and was ready to buy a bunch of next gen games for it, and then I realized that many of the games had cheesy DRM on them. :/

DRM on a game seriously jacked up my old computer, and it was a PITA to exorcise from my desktop. I don't ever want to go through that again, so I've been avoiding buying games with it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']HEY GUYS THEY MADE THE GAME'S DRM AWFUL DUE TO PIRACY, LET'S SHOW THEM BY PIRATING IT!

Herp derp[/QUOTE]
exactly what i did, but it was to play the game:cool::cool::cool:

[quote name='SEH']This. To me, it doesn't matter if they cracked it in two hours or two months. The DRM was garbage and turned me off from legally buying the product in the first place, as I'm sure it did to tons of others as well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. However, if the fix gets released, I will buy AC2 once it hits the $10 mark.

[quote name='mogamer']I won't be buying any pc games from Ubisoft for a long time and only if this drm is no longer being used. And unless the game is a must buy for me. I won't be getting any of their games on console either. It's just not right to give money to a company that shows such contempt of it's customers (I know you can say this about most companies, but Ubisoft went above and beyond :bomb:).[/QUOTE]

If you really want to make a statement with your wallet don't buy their games period, no matter how good it is. Standing up to the man until "insert AAA title here" is released and then buying it anyway defeats any purpose of a self-imposed boycott.

In a perfect world people would truly boycott this crap and actually stick to it. These companies just might start whistling a different tune if that were to actually happen. But sadly the majority is the instant gratification generation or just ignorant to begin with and keep shelling out the cash for this stuff. I'm not speaking of/to mogamer, it's just something I believe to be true of the general masses of consumers.

[quote name='TLPRIME']If you really want to make a statement with your wallet don't buy their games period, no matter how good it is. Standing up to the man until "insert AAA title here" is released and then buying it anyway defeats any purpose of a self-imposed boycott.

In a perfect world people would truly boycott this crap and actually stick to it. These companies just might start whistling a different tune if that were to actually happen. But sadly the majority is the instant gratification generation or just ignorant to begin with and keep shelling out the cash for this stuff. I'm not speaking of/to mogamer, it's just something I believe to be true of the general masses of consumers.[/QUOTE]

Words That I GAME BY!

o91n2u.jpg

You guys are such babies, you just have to be connected to the internet... If you can't afford even a 56k connection, playing high end pc games should not be a worry.

[quote name='TLPRIME']If you really want to make a statement with your wallet don't buy their games period, no matter how good it is. Standing up to the man until "insert AAA title here" is released and then buying it anyway defeats any purpose of a self-imposed boycott.

In a perfect world people would truly boycott this crap and actually stick to it. These companies just might start whistling a different tune if that were to actually happen. But sadly the majority is the instant gratification generation or just ignorant to begin with and keep shelling out the cash for this stuff. I'm not speaking of/to mogamer, it's just something I believe to be true of the general masses of consumers.[/QUOTE]

Well I never said I would buy it new. ;)

My policy is if a company I have no respect for makes a game I really want to buy. I wait and buy it used. Preferably during a b2g1 sale. The really sad thing is, because of my stance, I find myself buying more newer releases used than new anymore.

But I do understand where you're coming from. Sadly publisher/developers have pulled more and more crap lately because they know that most people are sheep and will accept this crap because they need their fix. :cry:

[quote name='TLPRIME']If you really want to make a statement with your wallet don't buy their games period.[/QUOTE]

To me, I don't know if the publisher will be smart enough to recognize that the game was not purchased because of the DRM. They could just as eadily see it as the demand not being there for that type of game. I would rather buy at a cheap price than not buy at all because I see this as sending a stronger message: produce a quality game and sell it at a low price. And because they are selling it at a low price, there is no funding available to insert horrible DRM.

[quote name='hordak']To me, I don't know if the publisher will be smart enough to recognize that the game was not purchased because of the DRM. They could just as eadily see it as the demand not being there for that type of game. [/QUOTE]

They may sound conspiracy theory-ish, but I always feel that PC gamers lose no matter if the game sells well or sells bad. If it sells well, then in Ubisoft's eyes, the consumer doesn't care about the new DRM or the $10 mark up. If it DOESN'T sell well, then that could be an excuse for Ubisoft to further abandon the PC platform and we'll get even shittier ports or just not get the game at all.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']They may sound conspiracy theory-ish, but I always feel that PC gamers lose no matter if the game sells well or sells bad. If it sells well, then in Ubisoft's eyes, the consumer doesn't care about the new DRM or the $10 mark up. If it DOESN'T sell well, then that could be an excuse for Ubisoft to further abandon the PC platform and we'll get even shittier ports or just not get the game at all.[/QUOTE]

Nail on the head. I'd like to add though that if a game doesn't sell well on the PC, publishers immediately jump on the piracy bandwagon. It's so old. They cant face that their game is a piece of shit or that the DRM they used makes people not want to play it. No, that would be too obvious, instead everyone must've pirated it, because it should've sold a billion copies. God forbid someone just not want their game.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Splinter Cell and AC2 are not shit though..[/QUOTE]

I'd like to agree to disagree on AC2, that shit was awful. Havent played the new Splinter Cell, so I cant judge.

Did you bother to read?
[quote name='SEH'] or that the DRM they used makes people not want to play it. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='itachiitachi']Did you bother to read?[/QUOTE]
Did you?
[quote name='SEH']I'd like to agree to disagree on AC2, that shit was awful. Havent played the new Splinter Cell, so I cant judge.[/QUOTE]

How can anyone over the age of 13 use a blanket statement like this...Everyone has different taste...Me personally I think AC2 and Splinter Cell are 'shit' - Too short and too easy (yes I played them)...and if I were paying for games like that...I would be upset that such nonsense was trying to be passed off as stellar titles...that's before dealing with DRM.

[quote name='Megazell']How can anyone over the age of 13 use a blanket statement like this...Everyone has different taste...Me personally I think AC2 and Splinter Cell are 'shit' - Too short and too easy (yes I played them)...and if I were paying for games like that..[/QUOTE]

We already know you spend too much time on stalking the forums and playing shitty games on both consoles and PC. Go back under your bridge

[quote name='kilm']We already know you spend too much time on stalking the forums and playing shitty games on both consoles and PC. Go back under your bridge[/QUOTE]

LOL - How you going to call me a stalker when you be following my post coast to coast...LOL

Poor guy.

BTW - I don't play consoles.

[quote name='Megazell']LOL - How you going to call me a stalker when you be following my post coast to coast...LOL[/QUOTE]
Think you have it bad? He gets email alerts whenever I post.

[quote name='Jodou']Think you have it bad? He gets email alerts whenever I post.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, as someone who, for the most part gets a kick out of trolling, that's pretty fucking sad.

[quote name='Jodou']Think you have it bad? He gets email alerts whenever I post.[/QUOTE]

245gfnq.jpg

bread's done
Back