UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

Damn! That fight was amazing, guys! Seriously, that was like a Forrest Griffin - Stephan Bonnar war, lol. I know it probably felt like the simulation stamina was preventing either of you from being able to finish, but in my opinion, it's way too easy to get rocked in this year's game...and without it, I'd be worried that most fights would be ending in the 1st round. Although, really, I guess you just have to change your idea of what "rocked" means. It's not "almost finished" anymore. It's more just "stunned".

Really glad to have video of that fight because I think that's a great example of what's right with this game. Those different heel kicks that you both had were absolutely sick! I really need to customize Borat's moveset because it basically illustrates how much better a fighter is when he's familiar with a variety of fighting styles rather than just being "a boxer". Now, if only the real life Rampage Jackson would learn that too, haha. Anyway, great fight!

Congratulations to our new champions and thanks to all the fighters for making CAGFC26 a great success! This should just be the beginning. Hopefully, everybody saw things in their fights that they can improve or learned things they need to change about their fighters. The best thing about this league is nobody is ever "out of it". Retool your fighter, string together a couple wins, and you're in title contention. Excited to see where things go from here! The card for CAGFC27 will be posted tomorrow!

Oh, also, just a side note, thanks to the success they had in the LHW tournament, both moojuice and DarkTower80 are eligible to add a 2nd fighter now if they would like. That's totally up to them though.

I actually bought the game in 2009 after reading that year's thread about this. I am pretty not good at UFC3, but I wanna be in on this. Will post fighter details later, but my fighter is a middleweight and I didn't see any on the list there? Should I just get another one going in another weight class or are there people wanting to play middleweight?

[quote name='wezzul']I actually bought the game in 2009 after reading that year's thread about this. I am pretty not good at UFC3, but I wanna be in on this. Will post fighter details later, but my fighter is a middleweight and I didn't see any on the list there? Should I just get another one going in another weight class or are there people wanting to play middleweight?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Can Huntin']I googled leagues a while back, and i guess i can post here now.

What are the caf rules?[/QUOTE]

The biggest thing for both of you guys is to make your fighter in the regular "Create a Fighter" portion of the game. Using a career CAF won't make any difference since we used equalized stats...and with a regular CAF, you can at least change the weight and other stats freely.

All right, guys! The card for CAGFC27: SHOCKWAVE is now up! Taking a page out of the UFC's playbook, we've got a couple immediate rematches. In the HW division, it was our only option (though that will be changing soon...so hang in there guys!).

And in the LHW division, it just made sense. Each of the other three fighters lost to these two guys, and that title fight was too epic to not want to see again. The other LHW fight will determine who the next contender is! Things will get a little easier as the divsions fill up, and if anybody ever thinks I'm not giving them their fair due, feel free to speak up. I pride myself on being pretty fair with matchups though.

Also, we have an odd number of fighters in some weight classes, so a couple of fighters had to sit out this week. This was just done randomly, so don't take it to mean anything. These fighters will be on next week's card as no fighter will ever sit out two weeks in a row (unless they ask for a hiatus). Fights are due by 3/7! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have tips on beating Jon Jones in career mode? I'm a kickboxer and his spinning back fists and destroying me. Once he gets me rocked he goes straight for a submission and no matter how much I run away on the stick my icon is so slow he makes me tap out every time.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Hey Matt I can play tonight after UFC on FX is over and I'll also be free tomorrow after 3 PST.[/QUOTE]

I can't play tonight, but thanks for reminding me to set the DVR for UFC. I can probably play tomorrow before I leave for hockey but can't say for sure til I hear back about what time we're leaving. I'll keep you posted. It'll be nice to play a game with you again. :)

Kburns is the new heavyweight champion.. it was a second round KO by headkick.. I forgot to pay attention to the time...I concur with whatever time he puts...congrats champ.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Kburns is the new heavyweight champion.. it was a second round KO by headkick.. I forgot to pay attention to the time...I concur with whatever time he puts...congrats champ.[/QUOTE]

I got REALLY worried in round 1 because some of those punched snapped my head back lol. Also, I got gassed trying to end it in the first round. Looking forward to our next fight and hopefully sparring sometime soon.

I was starting off good until I got rocked... I never could get back into a good rhythm after that. I should've also hung back more instead of pressing forward...oh well....would've should've could've...good fight.

[quote name='shotgunshine']I keep forgetting to ask...can I get a camp invite?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've got a few I need to send out. Hopefully I can get on tonight and do that. You have to be on my friends list though or it won't let me send it.

Just created a second fighter for the welterweight division.

Name: Troy "Danger" Alvarez
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 170
Reach: 72''

[quote name='Matt Young']Since I used my real height, all the welterweights have better reach than I do.[/QUOTE]

Might I suggest these?
0361F-TRA502.jpg

Only 400 Microsoft Points! ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Might I suggest these?
0361F-TRA502.jpg

Only 400 Microsoft Points! ;)
[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Matt young it's a video game! You have the freedom to be tall here. I choose my fighter to be taller then the rest of the welterweights because I wanted a Jon "Bones" Jones style of fighter. I'm about 5'10 in real life.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']You have the freedom to be tall here. [/QUOTE]

The way you worded that made me laugh for real. Thanks, man. Depending on how my fight with Pure Apathy goes, I may consider getting that operation Kyle got on South Park to make him into a tall black kid.

[quote name='Matt Young']The way you worded that made me laugh for real. [/QUOTE]

I thought twice about how to word that sentence. I didn't want to say you can fantasize and be whatever you want to be because this game isn't an RPG :lol:

I went off my real height also.

My apologies to urmomlikesme for not responding as quickly as normal. Been working a lot of OT this week. I'll reply to the PM but also say it here:

I'm available most of the weekend. If I'm logged in on the 360, I'm probably down ;) LET'S DO THIS! :D The normal times I'm on are later in the evenings (8 PM EST and later), and during the weekends I'm on randomly in long stretches. Best of luck, sir!

Also, can I request an addition to the main post? I'd love it if we could have record of how people won / lost. IE:

Julius Jones
Record: 3 - 2
Wins: 1 KO, 2 TKO
Losses: 1 Sub, 1 Decision

If not, obviously not a big deal, but thought it could be cool :)

[quote name='Fearia']Also, can I request an addition to the main post? I'd love it if we could have record of how people won / lost. IE:

Julius Jones
Record: 3 - 2
Wins: 1 KO, 2 TKO
Losses: 1 Sub, 1 Decision

If not, obviously not a big deal, but thought it could be cool :)[/QUOTE]

Well, this basically does exist. It's under the spoiler tag next to "Record". You'd have the add the numbers yourself, but it's a fairly extensive summary of the fight history. If people would like it done the other way though, I guess we could do that.

[quote name='Matt Young']I can't play tonight, but thanks for reminding me to set the DVR for UFC. I can probably play tomorrow before I leave for hockey but can't say for sure til I hear back about what time we're leaving. I'll keep you posted. It'll be nice to play a game with you again. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem on the reminder :)

I'll be at work all day tomorrow, but I'll get on here first thing tomorrow after I get off to see if you'll be able to play. If not, I'll be free most of the morning/afternoon on Sunday if that's a better day for you. I'm not even sure what was the last game we played together...I just know it's been a long time!

Got my Light Heavyweight ready to go! Fresh from retirement in career mode :p

Name: Frank "The Punisher" Castle
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205 LBS
Reach:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, this basically does exist. It's under the spoiler tag next to "Record". You'd have the add the numbers yourself, but it's a fairly extensive summary of the fight history. If people would like it done the other way though, I guess we could do that.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, I totally missed that second spoiler tag. I thought it was the same one I clicked to expand the character selection. My bad :)

I played my first few matches of online ranked last night, and not surprisingly, 4 out of my 5 fights were against juiced up CAF fighters. At least in this year's game, you can look at your opponent's stats again, so when I saw a guy who had 100 standup strikes and 100 kicks, but only like 60 bottom ground grapple, I was like "All right buddy. Hope you enjoy being on your back". I let him come to me, ducked under his punches, took him down, and then waited for him to spaz out on the ground. When he did, I reversed his transitions, got to side control and just demolished him with elbows and hammerfists (which seem to do a lot more damage this year). When he got up, I just rinsed and repeated. Before the 1st round was over, I had a TKO win. He then sent me a message calling me a "pussy cunt" and said I spam takedowns...which I thought was pretty funny coming from a guy who had 100 striking.

I will say though, rubber guard is just as broken and exploitative as it was in 2010. Another juiced CAF I played was much more well rounded (and had like a 95 overall rating). Really, I should have just backed out, but I wanted to see what the assholes were doing this year. He wanted to just destroy me with punches, so I took him down. Immediately, he goes to rubber guard and tries for an omoplata. When he couldn't do that he's grabbing kimuras from the bottom constantly. It was ridiculous.

I love the new submission system, but it's still pretty dumb to be able to click the right stick and get a sub attempt any time you want. But really, what's worse is that THQ had the foresight to add simulation stamina and equalized stats...but yet, online ranked can only use the default settings. I thought at the least there would be separate lobbies for the different rulesets. I don't know what part of "competitive online play" and "fair and even fighters" didn't seem like a good match to THQ. Completely disappointing there...but I guess I was foolish thinking any game will ever get online ranked right with randoms right. It did make me MUCH more appreciative to have those settings for CAGFC though. It may feel a bit restrictive, but I promise you, the alternative is much, much worse.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] But really, what's worse is that THQ had the foresight to add simulation stamina and equalized stats...but yet, online ranked can only use the default settings.[/QUOTE]

This is what has ruined ranked matches for me. Its really odd/dumb that they didn't put simulation stamina for ranked. I've played something like 6 ranked matches. Four of them got disconnected(no rage quits..just THQ's awful servers) and one was a good competitive fight that I lost and the other was a loss to a GSP cheeser.. Default stamina is just horrible to play on. Everyone wants to pick Jon Jones, GSP, Silva etc. etc. cheese there moves going 100 miles an hour..and they can do it because there is hardly any penalty to your stamina for playing like that. Until THQ decides to patch in sim. sta. for ranked(which im not holding my breath for) then i'll just stick to player matches.

Justin Kane | Conrad Silva | Submission | (Forget to see the time)/R3

New welterweight champ! Fight went back and forth. Thought I won the first round but round 2, and 3 were all Fearia. Good match can't wait to fight him again. Hopefully the lag will be gone by then as well.

3_3_2012W.sized.jpg

Justin Kane | Conrad Silva | Submission | 3:48/R3

Pretty epic of a fight. Mind you, we had a decent fight before it going and the servers said "No thanks" and ended it for us. Took 3 attempts for us to get a fight finished, actually.

At one point, one of us was doing a submission and the lag was so bad that I couldn't figure out which bar was mine. It was ridiculous.

Very good fight indeed though! Can't wait for the rematch in the future :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']When he did, I reversed his transitions, got to side control and just demolished him with elbows and hammerfists (which seem to do a lot more damage this year). [/QUOTE]

Fearia and I were just talking about the side control elbows. He would get into that position and rock me after one or two. They were pretty hard to block since it was so quick. Only way I could think of blocking is getting into him back to half or full guard. He was classy enough not to exploit this and finish the fight by submission rather than spamming the side control elbows. Gotta work on my CAF. Didn't realize the Career mode CAF's fighting technique didn't carry over to the online CAF that I use for this league. Didn't know they were two separate things. I created my CAF first then put him into my career. I thought all my progress from career mode would carry over to the online CAF and just equalize the stats (my career mode CAF does not have a 90 rating). Well live and learn. I WANT MY TITLE BACK!! :D

[quote name='shotgunshine']This is what has ruined ranked matches for me. Its really odd/dumb that they didn't put simulation stamina for ranked. I've played something like 6 ranked matches. Four of them got disconnected(no rage quits..just THQ's awful servers) and one was a good competitive fight that I lost and the other was a loss to a GSP cheeser.. Default stamina is just horrible to play on. Everyone wants to pick Jon Jones, GSP, Silva etc. etc. cheese there moves going 100 miles an hour..and they can do it because there is hardly any penalty to your stamina for playing like that. Until THQ decides to patch in sim. sta. for ranked(which im not holding my breath for) then i'll just stick to player matches.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the last guy I played (who I found out had a 39-3 record afterward), picked Ben Henderson (I picked Jim Miller), and just ran back and forth across the octagon, throwing leg kicks and knees at me. He'd run forward, knee, run back. Run forward, leg kick, run back. I took him down a few times, but he was pretty good on the ground and eventually got up. I'm not discrediting his skill, as he was definitely good. But the stuff he was doing shouldn't have put him in a position to just smash me the way he did. He finished the fight with 93% stamina. Ha...yeah, right. I guess he thought he was playing Street Fighter.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Fearia and I were just talking about the side control elbows. He would get into that position and rock me after one or two. They were pretty hard to block since it was so quick. Only way I could think of blocking is getting into him back to half or full guard. He was classy enough not to exploit this and finish the fight by submission rather than spamming the side control elbows.[/QUOTE]

I messaged another guy I fought after he KO'd me from side control, and he said "just block with R1 (I'm guessing he means RB) and you'll be fine". The thing is, that was the first thing I did was try to cover up with RB...it just didn't seem like it made any difference. Really, I think any of the postured up positions on the ground are brutal this year. But again, I feel the simulation stamina at least counters that a little, since you can't just go apeshit on your opponent like with default stamina. I honestly feel like that's the only saving grace to online play this year. Without it, it's just 2010 all over again.

Blocking while a guy is dropping elbows from side control will indeed stop you from being rocked. Most people when put in that position just want to quickly transition to get out of there but before they can do it you've already eaten 2 or three elbows and are rocked...best thing is to block the first few elbows, then transition out of it...it definitely needs to be toned down though as anyone rarely gets rocked or finished from that position in real life.

[quote name='kburns10']Got my Light Heavyweight ready to go! Fresh from retirement in career mode :p

Name: Frank "The Punisher" Castle
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205 LBS
Reach:[/QUOTE]

Aren't we only supposed to use non Career created fighters?

Kevin Cepeda | Matt Domoracki | TKO| 3:24/R1

The problem though is I don't think he was using a created fighter, but instead a career created fighter. Not really sure if that would help me anyway and honestly it took so long to set up I'd rather take the loss, but if we should fight again with proper characters I'm open to doing it, just not today.

Kevin Cepeda | Matt Domoracki | TKO | 3:24/R1

n8rockerasu, i need some clarification on the rules please. I made my fighter in Create A Fighter Mode, but i brought him through Career Mode so i could fetch some achievements. During the course of it, i went for the 'Dual Division Champion' achievement and my fighter switched from LHW to HW and won the HW belt. However, it did not allow me to change divisions at my will. So in order to compete against Matt, i went to Create A Fighter mode, made a new save, then loaded said new save and made his weight class LHW. I fought Matt with this fighter which retained everything (moves/gear/etc) from my original fighter minus the weight class and stats. Now if this is going against the rules in any manner, i'm more than willing to give Matt the win as he waited quite some time. I just need some clarification for future events on which fighters can be used and not.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']Kevin Cepeda | Matt Domoracki | TKO | 3:24/R1

n8rockerasu, i need some clarification on the rules please. I made my fighter in Create A Fighter Mode, but i brought him through Career Mode so i could fetch some achievements. During the course of it, i went for the 'Dual Division Champion' achievement and my fighter switched from LHW to HW and won the HW belt. However, it did not allow me to change divisions at my will. So in order to compete against Matt, i went to Create A Fighter mode, made a new save, then loaded said new save and made his weight class LHW. I fought Matt with this fighter which retained everything (moves/gear/etc) from my original fighter minus the weight class and stats. Now if this is going against the rules in any manner, i'm more than willing to give Matt the win as he waited quite some time. I just need some clarification for future events on which fighters can be used and not.[/QUOTE]

I think you're okay if you used him as a template to make the new version of him with different stats. I thought you were just importing him out, which that I think is against the rules. Though from what you're saying here I can't tell if you made all the new stats before our fight or if this was basically you're career guy saved to a new file after you moved his division.

On another note, how do I get into the CAG fight club?

Even when you start out a career by loading a created CAF, it saves it to a separate fighter slot, thus giving you a "copy" of that fighter. Basically, you have a Non-Career CAF version and a Career version. If you chose the Non-Career CAF version when you fought Matt, you should be fine. I know in year's past, career CAFs had the advantage of having moves completely leveled up (and I think certain moves that were only available to learn in career mode). But from what I've seen, I didn't notice those same differences this year (I could be wrong though).

In the regular CAF mode, when you go into the technique editor, you can choose what moves you want and you can even raise them to level 3. Between this and the fact that we're leveling all stats off at 90, I didn't think there was much difference between Non-Career CAF and Career CAF fighters this year. If that's not right, please somebody point out why, and we can definitely enforce the Non-Career CAF rule more strictly. Up till now, I had just been advising the Non-Career CAF option just due to the ease of editing your fighter.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']On another note, how do I get into the CAG fight club?[/QUOTE]

I'll send you an invite the next time I'm on.

What's the difference in using a create a fighter and a CAF career mode fighter? The stats are equalized and stamina is simulated. I see no advantage in picking and choosing if the stats are equalized. I made my fighter in CAF but then brought him into my career mode. I have lots of different saves with my fighter so when I pick I have lots to choose from but they are all rated 90. The only thing I can think of that would possible give an advantage of using a CAF career mode fighter is that you get to learn new moves in camp sessions. I don't think this is that much of an advantage because to my knowledge you can not teach a regular CAF new moves. You can pick the style a fighter you want (Mine is a kickboxer) and that's it. You have to use all the pre-set technique moves you are given and can not add to your arsenal.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Even when you start out a career by loading a created CAF, it saves it to a separate fighter slot, thus giving you a "copy" of that fighter. Basically, you have a Non-Career CAF version and a Career version. If you chose the Non-Career CAF version when you fought Matt, you should be fine. I know in year's past, career CAFs had the advantage of having moves completely leveled up (and I think certain moves that were only available to learn in career mode). But from what I've seen, I didn't notice those same differences this year (I could be wrong though).

In the regular CAF mode, when you go into the technique editor, you can choose what moves you want and you can even raise them to level 3. Between this and the fact that we're leveling all stats off at 90, I didn't think there was much difference between Non-Career CAF and Career CAF fighters this year. If that's not right, please somebody point out why, and we can definitely enforce the Non-Career CAF rule more strictly. Up till now, I had just been advising the Non-Career CAF option just due to the ease of editing your fighter.[/QUOTE]

If we are strictly to use CAF only fighters, then that is fine by me. I only ask is how do you go into CAF and level up your technique strikes to level 3. I was looking at this earlier and I could only find what type of style of fighter I wanted to be (e.g. Kickboxer). When we set up the fights in the future should we set the roster to CAF only? And will this prohibit the option of choosing a Career CAF? Sorry, if im n00bing but just want to make sure I get this right for my next fight and don't get accused of cheating for using my career CAF vs my CAF. I think CAF is more like a template of a fighter.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']The only thing I can think of that would possible give an advantage of using a CAF career mode fighter is that you get to learn new moves in camp sessions. I don't think this is that much of an advantage because to my knowledge you can not teach a regular CAF new moves. You can pick the style a fighter you want (Mine is a kickboxer) and that's it. You have to use all the pre-set technique moves you are given and can not add to your arsenal.[/QUOTE]

This is the difference. It's all going to depend on if the moveset for regular CAFs is limited or not. I haven't finished career mode yet, so I can't say for certain whether there are moves available only in career mode. But I DO know you can customize your Non-Career CAF with a mix of moves and even choose what level you want them at. You get 12000 points to distribute for your moves. You're not limited to just a technique template (ie. kickboxer). It's more time consuming to go in and choose each move, but it also gives you a much more versatile fighter.

Honestly, I think just for the sake of argument and continuity, we SHOULD just say to use a Non-Career CAF. I don't THINK there is any difference, but it just makes more sense to be using a fighter that you can still edit freely (height, weight class, moveset, etc).

bread's done
Back