UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

[quote name='urmomlikesme']If we are strictly to use CAF only fighters, then that is fine by me. I only ask is how do you go into CAF and level up your technique strikes to level 3. I was looking at this earlier and I could only find what type of style of fighter I wanted to be (e.g. Kickboxer). When we set up the fights in the future should we set the roster to CAF only? And will this prohibit the option of choosing a Career CAF? Sorry, if im n00bing but just want to make sure I get this right for my next fight and don't get accused of cheating for using my career CAF vs my CAF. I think CAF is more like a template of a fighter.[/QUOTE]

It's under "Fighter Abilities > Tecnnique > Technique Edit". Just go through each area (standing, clinch, ground, etc) and choose your moves. It will give you a default set based on the starting discipline you chose, but you can weaken moves, pick different ones, or erase them entirely for that command. As I said, it's a bit time consuming, but you'll have moves that YOU want.

As for your second question, the game will lump all your CAFs together. And when their stats are equalized, it would be difficult to tell the difference (unless your Career CAF switched weight classes). This makes me think even more that there is little/no difference. I can say that when you load your CAF to edit them, you can choose regular CAF or Career CAF. Maybe what people could do if they're having trouble differentiating is change a logo or something on their Non-Career CAF's trunks, that way you know you're using the right one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's under "Fighter Abilities > Tecnnique > Technique Edit". Just go through each area (standing, clinch, ground, etc) and choose your moves. It will give you a default set based on the starting discipline you chose, but you can weaken moves, pick different ones, or erase them entirely for that command. As I said, it's a bit time consuming, but you'll have moves that YOU want.

As for your second question, the game will lump all your CAFs together. And when their stats are equalized, it would be difficult to tell the difference (unless your Career CAF switched weight classes). This makes me think even more that there is little/no difference. I can say that when you load your CAF to edit them, you can choose regular CAF or Career CAF. Maybe what people could do if they're having trouble differentiating is change a logo or something on their Non-Career CAF's trunks, that way you know you're using the right one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just going through the CAF menu and seen how to customize my fighter with the allotted 12000 points. I think this is better to use the CAF only fighter then. Good tip about switching the trunks. This is probably the only way to distinguish between my CAF's. I wish there were a way to restrict to non career mode CAF's only.

For my career vs non-career CAFs, I made different hair colors. That way, it shows up in the thumbnail picture of the CAF. So, my Career CAF had black hair after he retired, my normal CAF has bright red. :)

[quote name='Fearia']For my career vs non-career CAFs, I made different hair colors. That way, it shows up in the thumbnail picture of the CAF. So, my Career CAF had black hair after he retired, my normal CAF has bright red. :)[/QUOTE]

I just edited my non career CAF and put some CAG ink on him to distinguish between the two (more like 1 vs 10 because of all the different saves I have of my career mode CAF :lol:)

For the CAF Vs CCAF, the only potential issue I can see, is if you beef up all your individual moves to LVL 3 in Career Mode as you can't do that with a CAF. I've honestly barely scratched career mode, so I don't know how easy/difficult it is to raise individual move levels.

Then again, for equalized stats, I don't know if it also equalizes each individual move, or just base attributes.

[quote name='Fearia']For my career vs non-career CAFs, I made different hair colors. That way, it shows up in the thumbnail picture of the CAF. So, my Career CAF had black hair after he retired, my normal CAF has bright red. :)[/QUOTE]

^Also a good idea.

I don't know why I keep playing online ranked. I guess trying to fight fair against people trying to exploit will increase my overall skill. It's just infuriating. Just played a guy who attempted 26 takedowns (only completed 8 of them) and 8 submissions in our 3 round fight. I attempted 11 takedowns and completed 7. But of course every time I have him down, he goes for rubber guard and then a submission. If I block rubber guard, he grabs a kimura. He had 4 submission attempts off his back in the 1st round. How do people think this is MMA?

I had 3 submission attempts, which I only went for after he gassed himself...but yet I lost the decision. There has to be a tangible penalty for failed submission attempts. If it's not going to be stamina, it needs to be scoring. It's nice that I was able to escape all 8 of them...as in 2010, he probably would have gotten me by the 5th one and I wouldn't have known why. But kimuras especially need to be scored for what they are 95% of the time...stalling.

[quote name='moojuice']For the CAF Vs CCAF, the only potential issue I can see, is if you beef up all your individual moves to LVL 3 in Career Mode as you can't do that with a CAF. I've honestly barely scratched career mode, so I don't know how easy/difficult it is to raise individual move levels.

Then again, for equalized stats, I don't know if it also equalizes each individual move, or just base attributes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know this either. You'd THINK that would make sense and go right along with leveling out attributes/stats, but you'd also think that having sim stamina in online ranked (or at least a separate lobby with that option) would be a no brainer. But yeah, I don't know if it's possible to max out all moves in career mode. I have a decent amount at level 3 with my regular CAF though, so to me he doesn't FEEL limited. I still think it makes the most sense to just use regular CAFs anyway though. Say 4-5 fights down the road, you start to change your fight style, and want to change some of your moves, you can do that with a regular CAF. All the settings with career CAFs are locked in. You can't change their name, age, weight, moves, anything. Since all stats are supposed to be even anyway, I'd think people would WANT to use regular CAFs.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Even when you start out a career by loading a created CAF, it saves it to a separate fighter slot, thus giving you a "copy" of that fighter. Basically, you have a Non-Career CAF version and a Career version. If you chose the Non-Career CAF version when you fought Matt, you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what i did

[quote name='nycmetsfan']That's exactly what i did[/QUOTE]

But you didn't start a career with a CAF you imported out a career CAF I thought? I mean maybe you did start it as a CAF first, but the version you used in the fight was from your career. That is why you had to go back into the career to edit him right? If it was just your CAF that you used as a template for your career you could have just edited him on the fly right? Either way it doesn't really matter as far as the win goes, but it seems like the issue still isn't real clear.

Matt, when can you do your fight this week? It'll have to be later tonight or around 8-10ish CST tomorrow night or I won't be able to play before the deadline.

[quote name='Matt Young']I can play at that time tomorrow, but how much later tonight are you talking?[/QUOTE]

Maybe 11 to 11:30ish tonight. 8:30 PM CST would be perfect for me tomorrow night.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is the difference. It's all going to depend on if the moveset for regular CAFs is limited or not. I haven't finished career mode yet, so I can't say for certain whether there are moves available only in career mode. But I DO know you can customize your Non-Career CAF with a mix of moves and even choose what level you want them at. You get 12000 points to distribute for your moves. You're not limited to just a technique template (ie. kickboxer). It's more time consuming to go in and choose each move, but it also gives you a much more versatile fighter.

Honestly, I think just for the sake of argument and continuity, we SHOULD just say to use a Non-Career CAF. I don't THINK there is any difference, but it just makes more sense to be using a fighter that you can still edit freely (height, weight class, moveset, etc).[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with either. I thought we could choose, but it was to our advantage to ONLY use CAF since you could customize more and we were playing with equal stats, etc. If that's the case, forget my LH. I'll prob just re-create him as a CAF and enter him later. My HW though has never seen the light of career mode lol

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, let's set it for 8:30 P.M. Central tomorrow. That works for me and will give me time to retool my fighter.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.

Only 2 fights left! I know the Young - Jackson fight is going down tonight, but what about the Ayala - Buchek rematch? Deadline is tomorrow, so you've still got time. Just want to make sure everybody is ready for the next card. We added 3 new fighters this week and most everybody else will be eligible to add 2nd fighters now if they choose to do so. So, the card for CAGFC28 should be a lot more full!

I'd the deadline beginning or end of day 7th? Were going to try tonight, but worst care we can get it done tomorrow for sure

[quote name='moojuice']I'd the deadline beginning or end of day 7th? Were going to try tonight, but worst care we can get it done tomorrow for sure[/QUOTE]

End of the day. I just like to have the fights done by Wednesday night so I can have Thursday to get the next card done.

Someone downrated the hell out of my logo design. If you haven't checked it out, please do and upvote it! I'd be greatly appreciated! You can find it by searching for "Gir".

The image it was based off is this one:

gir-gir-480864_320_383.gif

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']End of the day. I just like to have the fights done by Wednesday night so I can have Thursday to get the next card done.[/QUOTE]
Cool. SHould have it done by then for sure.

Will upvote your desin next time I hop on UFC.

Sorry ins advance for any typos, still getting used to using a touchscreen on my phone, so used to physical buttons >_

[quote name='moojuice']Sorry ins advance for any typos, still getting used to using a touchscreen on my phone, so used to physical buttons >_

If it works okay for you Alan, I would like to wait until tomorrow after work. Comcast is supposed to come out tomorrow while I am at work and look at the wiring outside to hopefully fix my connection.

Good fight with Pure Apathy, but a weak finish. We had both battered each other for 2 rounds, and the ref stopped the fight on some weak punches while I was still defending myself.

Jack Jackson l Matt Young l TKO l 4:21 of Round 2

[quote name='DarkTower80']If it works okay for you Alan, I would like to wait until tomorrow after work. Comcast is supposed to come out tomorrow while I am at work and look at the wiring outside to hopefully fix my connection.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.

[quote name='Matt Young']Good fight with Pure Apathy, but a weak finish. We had both battered each other for 2 rounds, and the ref stopped the fight on some weak punches while I was still defending myself.

Jack Jackson l Matt Young l TKO l 4:21 of Round 2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good fight Matt. I agree the finish was pretty weak and I don't think they should have stopped it. I only threw like three punches before the ref stepped in.

Yeah... Mind you, I'm not disputing that you won the fight. It was just disappointing to see it end that way after a nice slugfest.

You must have been very close to 100% head damage when he dropped you. I've seen just a couple punches stop the fight before. It's kind of lame when it happens like that, but it at least feels a little more realistic when Herb Dean is the referee, haha.

Alan, I am having to work later than planned tonight. It will be about 8:45-9 now. Sorry for the late notice. If you can't play that late then you can just have the win.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah... Mind you, I'm not disputing that you won the fight. It was just disappointing to see it end that way after a nice slugfest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you are saying...I was just agreeing with you that it was stopped way too early, that's all.

Corky Buchek | Domingoo Ayala | TKO 2:52 Round 2

Strange ending to the fight as I had knocked Alan down but he had recovered but seemed to end up slightly against the cage so he wasn't able to defend himself as much as he could have. Will be interested to see the replay.

Corky Buchek | Domingoo Ayala | TKO 2:52 Round 2

Like Brandon said, kind of a weird ending. Could not get up to save my life. I thought I had recovered, but guess not lol. Congrats Brandon, definitely kicked my ass this time.

(video is uploading right now, but when it's finished it should be at the link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgYpKCFMCA

Good fight. Im going to start recording my league matches. I have a recording device but its not as nice as the one you use, but it'll do. Im anxious to start this weeks fights since I have a new fighter in the welter weight division to try out.

Wow! New champions in every weight division. That's pretty awesome! Got some rivalries brewin here! haha. Great job getting these fights done, guys. The card for CAGFC28 will be up sometime today.

Unfortunately, I was informed that nycmetsfan won't be able to fight on the card...which kinda sucks because he had earned a title shot. Not really sure what to do with it now. I guess it goes to Ultimate Matt X by default, since my guy didn't fight on this past card.

Also, for members who had talked about adding 2nd fighters (I know moojuice mentioned adding a HW, and kburns had a LHW that he needed to recreate in CAF mode), please let me know when those guys are ready. If you have a new fighter that you want on this card, please try to let me know before 9 PM EST tonight. Other than that, stay tuned for the new card!

[quote name='moojuice']Don't know the stats, but I have have a guy named Ronald McDonald ready[/QUOTE]

LOL...is that your heavyweight?

[quote name='moojuice']Yeah lol[/QUOTE]

If you haven't been able to download and/or create McDonald's logos, I will be severely disappointed, haha.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Is your walkout going to look like the japanese McDonalds commercials?[/QUOTE]

Haha, my friends and I actually talked about that video the other day, which inspired me to make him.

Didn't spend too much time on the logos, but Im happy with the monster I've created ;)

Anyone know how I can get the Nick Diaz fighter pack? I bought the game at Amazon because I had credit and I really dislike giving GameStop any business.

I'll pay for it of course. I also have the Amazon pre-order bonus if anyone wants to trade. A CAF boost or something.

[quote name='NoHo']Anyone know how I can get the Nick Diaz fighter pack? I bought the game at Amazon because I had credit and I really dislike giving GameStop any business.

I'll pay for it of course. I also have the Amazon pre-order bonus if anyone wants to trade. A CAF boost or something.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to wait. It's a timed exclusive. It will be on the marketplace eventually.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You'll have to wait. It's a timed exclusive. It will be on the marketplace eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it will be available in 3 months. Which is fine, but I don't know if I'll still be playing this game as much as I am now. Just thinking maybe someone has a code they aren't using and would sell it to me or trade me for the pre-order bonus I got from Amazon, which I have no use for since I don't use CAF, only the roster.

[quote name='NoHo']Yeah, it will be available in 3 months. Which is fine, but I don't know if I'll still be playing this game as much as I am now. Just thinking maybe someone has a code they aren't using and would sell it to me or trade me for the pre-order bonus I got from Amazon, which I have no use for since I don't use CAF, only the roster.[/QUOTE]

Try ebay.

All right, the card for CAGFC28: THROWDOWN is now up! Unfortunately, nycmetsfan informed me that he'll be taking an indefinite hiatus, so that meant that another LHW had to sit out. We still have 7 fights on the card though, so lots of action here! Fights are due by 11:59 PM EST on 3/14. Good luck to everyone!

Sweet!

I sent moojuice and Matt Young friend requests. Yall can send me a message on Xbox to let me know when yall are available to play.

Hey sorry guys for the late response! Since I created Frank Castle in career mode and ME3 is now in my possession, I will stick with TJ until I have time to re-create Frank.

Hey Fearia, when are some good times for you to play? I might be able to play later tonight. I'm also free most of the day tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, the card for CAGFC28: THROWDOWN is now up! Unfortunately, nycmetsfan informed me that he'll be taking an indefinite hiatus, so that meant that another LHW had to sit out. We still have 7 fights on the card though, so lots of action here! Fights are due by 11:59 PM EST on 3/14. Good luck to everyone![/QUOTE]

Damn. Had I known that, I would have hastened my creation of Gail Pennyfeather.

Big Business | Ronald McDonald | KO | 2:29 Round 2

Good game moojuice. I recorded the match but moojuice did as well and his recording device is way better so I wont even bother uploading and will just wait for his...also kudos on a fabulous Ronald McDonald.

Big Business | Ronald McDonald | KO | 2:29 RD 2

(Video uploading, will be available in no more than 30 minutes after this post)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2p-vGbADI
Good fight man. THought I was done first time you had me down by the cage in nearly the same spot I was in for Ayala Vs Buchek 2.

Seems like my last two fights, my fighters have no chin lol. Need to touch up the face paint again, must not have saved my last few changes.

bread's done
Back