Uh Oh, It's The Big O Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YO%20BABY%20SHIRT%20FOR%20SALE%20BACKUP.jpg

http://barbershopwindow.com/

I figure you guys would laugh at this.

[quote name='Chase']I heard about Heyman. Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_xzLijve40

Man, I miss ECW almost as much as I miss WCW. The "You are in our house, bitch" line always brings a smile to my face. And good lord, Cena has been in WWE for a long time. Seems like just yesterday that UPW's Prototype debuted as a generic, yellow-and-purple trunked guy who gave Kurt Angle a run for his money. Where have the years gone?[/QUOTE]

I have two words for you: MATT FREAKIN' HARDY.

I lurk a bit here, long time fan, occasional caller, love your music selection, so I had to ask-

Got a chance to go to Evolve in Charlotte, anyone have any experience with its shows? Quality-wise, etc.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']I lurk a bit here, long time fan, occasional caller, love your music selection, so I had to ask-

Got a chance to go to Evolve in Charlotte, anyone have any experience with its shows? Quality-wise, etc.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I would say support indie wrestling if the ticket prices are reasonable.

Man alive, some folks paid $75 for the Extreme Reunion show a few weeks back. So it is okay to say "selectively support indie wrestling."

[quote name='mykevermin']Nope, but I would say support indie wrestling if the ticket prices are reasonable.

Man alive, some folks paid $75 for the Extreme Reunion show a few weeks back. So it is okay to say "selectively support indie wrestling."[/QUOTE]

Is it still indie wrestling at heart when it's a show primarily driven by nostalgia of seeing wrestlers that more or less saw the big time?

Thank you for posting that Lawler interview. Much more respect gained for the guy after hearing about his life. And for a dude that doesn't like commentary, he was one of the best heel commentators in pro wrestling history. (Of course, Bobby Heenan is just the best ever. Cyrus was pretty good too.)

[quote name='Survivalism']I have two words for you: MATT FREAKIN' HARDY.[/QUOTE]

Gotta admit: I chuckled at Edge holding up three fingers. And remember when fans wanted to see Matt Hardy? He took all that WWE hype and parlayed it into, uh, a bunch of weird YouTube videos, cheeseburgers, and a TNA contract. Is he still even active? More important, has he cut that god-awful mullet? It's 2012, Matt.

Matt Hardy was the first blatant example of WWE killing someone's push because they didn't like him. The fans were hot for him but he jobbed every single match in his return in 2005.

Speaking of Matt Hardy he is actually going to be wrestling for a charity show at my local indy in June. :) Also I don't know if she wrote this but DAMN if she did:

@MariaLKanellis A Romance with Wrestling: You have to let go. Fall in love with wrestling. Love the ropes, the apron, the lights, the turnbuckles, the fans, the bookers, the tv, and then realize, wrestling is the dirty bitch that everyone uses. She's been used, loved, and fucked a million times. But damn, she feels GOOD, so why will she remember you? That's the same with the crowd, the bookers, the TV station, and the business. Make her remember you. You have to feel it. She needs to feel you. Every time. Wrestling has to be like fucking that bitch. Angry, sexy, and emotional. Wrestling will give you ring worm, staff infection, she'll hurt you, make you lose your mind, lose relationships, lose friends, and then one day she'll smile like you are the most important thing in the world and you will go right back. Wrestling is your best friend and your worst enemy. Wrestling is your lover and your mistress. Wrestling is everything. Wrestling can give you everything and take everything away. Passion is my motivation. Wrestling is passion.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, that's...umm...poetry.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Its not Shakespeare's sonnets or anything, but I had no idea she had any feelings like that about wrestling.

:rofl:

Video won't load for me. Fan-fucking-tastic. I really hope this is not the sign of what Saturday is going to be like for Border Wars. Thankfully I already have that Punk/Danielson match on DVD so it's not like as if I can't watch it anyways.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Its not Shakespeare's sonnets or anything, but I had no idea she had any feelings like that about wrestling.[/QUOTE]

She doesn't. She just hasn't found how to fuck her way into Hollywood yet.

She's correct in what she said though and it's been evidenced by tons of performers for decades now. Wrestling is hypnotic and addictive to a lot of its workers and the only chance you have is to take advantage of the business while you can.

[quote name='davo1224']Matt Hardy was the first blatant example of WWE killing someone's push because they didn't like him. The fans were hot for him but he jobbed every single match in his return in 2005.[/QUOTE]

He didn't do himself any favors with that horrendously bad return promo. Then again, he should never have had to cut a long-winded promo after being endorsed by Vince anyway so it seemed doomed to fail.

And he did get a pretty nice win over Edge during that feud that the fans were actually quite into, but it was bookended by the baffling loss by "being unable to continue" and the loser leaves Raw match he dropped in pretty humiliating fashion.

Steamboat and RVD had the de-push due to petty jealousy/dislike happen to them before Hardy. I'm sure there are others as well but those two spring to mind immediately.

If you wonder why there's always a ton of re-writes..

The entire Lesnar vs. Triple H storyline is being kept secret and only a few people know where it's going - Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, John Laurinaitis, Triple H, Lesnar and a few others. Even the WWE writing team isn't being let in on the direction.

That makes a ton of sense.. :roll:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Steamboat and RVD had the de-push due to petty jealousy/dislike happen to them before Hardy. I'm sure there are others as well but those two spring to mind immediately.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Steamboat's post-WM3 IC loss to HTM? When I was a kid that loss just absolutely baffled me. Steamboat works a great feud with Savage that had an incredible build, culminating in his WM win. Yet only 2 months later he drops the belt. To Honky Tonk Man! On Superstars!! Even as a kid that situation just made no sense at all.

[quote name='Scorch']If you wonder why there's always a ton of re-writes..

That makes a ton of sense.. :roll:[/QUOTE]

They knew Heyman was coming back. So I did. Stop believing everything the dirt sheets tell you. They didn't bring Heyman at the last minute. It was always planned this way.

I dunno how accurate the Cranky Vince parody account is in relaying Vince's attitude towards his writers, but if it's even a little accurate, then Vince probably hasn't clued in the writers because he doesn't trust them. (I find that humorous and a wee bit ridiculous, at the same time.)

http://youtu.be/9ZX3DatnyyA

I'll keep my NXT thoughts brief. One, I like how they're building up the "Who Dunnit" story surrounding Percy Watson. One thing NXT does well is pacing stories. Two, Regal poked fun at himself for the Man's Man gimmick. Regal has become the best commentator in today's pro wrestling. Incredible storyteller with great insight.

[quote name='Chase']Regal has become the best commentator in today's pro wrestling. Incredible storyteller with great insight.[/QUOTE]

Regal and Josh Matthews could add so much to a match if WWE ever wanted to offer a more focused alternative to Mike & The Bots on regular TV or PPVs.

[quote name='neocisco']Are you referring to Steamboat's post-WM3 IC loss to HTM? When I was a kid that loss just absolutely baffled me. Steamboat works a great feud with Savage that had an incredible build, culminating in his WM win. Yet only 2 months later he drops the belt. To Honky Tonk Man! On Superstars!! Even as a kid that situation just made no sense at all.[/QUOTE]

There are two generally accepted reasons why that went down. They combined to result in the godawful use of Steamboat until he split for the NWA.

1) He asked for a reduced schedule so he could be with his newborn kid. Vince got pissed since he just gave him the belt at the biggest show of the year, and as often happens, pissed off Vince does asinine stuff. Having him drop the belt may have made sense, but the way he lost it (basically clean to a guy who was a joke character until then) and the way they had him do absolutely nothing afterwords was just completely idiotic.

2) Hogan was growing insecure over Steamboat's increasing popularity and the fact that they completely overshadowed Hogan at WM3. So...squish. They made sure that was no longer going to be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Are you referring to Steamboat's post-WM3 IC loss to HTM? When I was a kid that loss just absolutely baffled me. Steamboat works a great feud with Savage that had an incredible build, culminating in his WM win. Yet only 2 months later he drops the belt. To Honky Tonk Man! On Superstars!! Even as a kid that situation just made no sense at all.[/QUOTE]

There are two generally accepted reasons why that went down. They combined to result in the godawful use of Steamboat until he split for the NWA.

1) He asked for a reduced schedule so he could be with his newborn kid. Vince got pissed since he just gave him the belt at the biggest show of the year, and as often happens, pissed off Vince does asinine stuff. Having him drop the belt may have made sense, but the way he lost it (basically clean to a guy who was a joke character until then) and the way they had him do absolutely nothing afterwords was just completely idiotic.

2) Hogan was growing insecure over Steamboat's increasing popularity and the fact that they completely overshadowed Hogan at WM3. So...squish. They made sure that was no longer going to be an issue.

[quote name='Chase']I dunno how accurate the Cranky Vince parody account is in relaying Vince's attitude towards his writers, but if it's even a little accurate, then Vince probably hasn't clued in the writers because he doesn't trust them. (I find that humorous and a wee bit ridiculous, at the same time[/QUOTE]

The fact that the dirt sheets exist in the first place probably means someone can't be trusted to keep quiet, whether it's the writers, wrestlers, or otherwise. How long ago would we have known about Heyman's return if they storyline wasn't kept secret between the higher ups? Part of the allure of wrestling is the unknown. If you know it's going to happen, you lose that excitement.

Shit just got real.....

Tampa resident and WWE superstar John Cena has filed for divorce from his high school sweetheart and wife of only 3 years, Liz Huberdeau, saying the marriage is "irretrevably broken." The soon-to-be-ex-Mrs.Cena has armed herself with powerful Miami attorney Raymond Rafool, best known for going head to head with Hulk Hogan in his nasty divorce battle against ex-wife Linda. In that case, Rafool allegedly took Hogan for 70% of his assets. Huberdeau hopes for something similar, but it's not going to be easy. Cena, worth over $18 million, has a 2009 prenup that is said to include the ability to take back all gifts and presents.

Read more here: http://blogs.herald.com/scene_in_th...-wife-hires-miami-attorney.html#storylink=cpy

I guess it's time to play "Whose Ass Does John Cena Want to Tap Without the Burden of Adultery"

Somewhere, Mickie James is trying to get out of her TNA contract and go back to WWE now that Cena's back on the market.

[quote name='mitch079']Somewhere, Mickie James is trying to get out of her TNA contract and go back to WWE now that Cena's back on the market.[/QUOTE]

Really brings a new meaning to five knuckle shuffle.

It is pretty sad that John Cena is only worth 18 million dollars. I know that is a lot of money, but look at how much revenue that guy produces.

Maybe 18 million that she knows about Casey. I would figure whatever his base salary is, it was 1.743 million in 2006, he would make quite a bunch of money off of the merchandise sales.

TMZ reports she was "blindsided" even though Cena presented her with a pre-divorce financial settlement agreement, which she refused to sign, claiming she thought it would work out. Ha, yeah, she probably didn't like the terms so she hired a vulture for an attorney.

[quote name='ced']I guess it's time to play "Whose Ass Does John Cena Want to Tap Without the Burden of Adultery"[/QUOTE]

I'm thinkin' Arby's.

Lets wait for all the details to come out. With the way Cena on the road as much as he is, for all we know, maybe she got tired of waiting on him and cheated on him.

[quote name='diddy310']A courtroom artist's rendering of David Otunga.

[snapple][/QUOTE]

Anyone else on Reddit? Reminds me of the gimmick account "Shitty_Watercolor."

Edit 1: There's a "Cena heel turn" joke somewhere in this mess.

Edit 2: Did anyone know that Mongo had a short stint in WWE before WCW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF36wQtCjk8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back