Uh Oh, It's The Big O Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't really anything that amounted to much. He was brought in for the Bigelow/LT hype. That video shows about the only thing he did while he was there. For some reason, I clearly recall him mentioning Kama numerous times before Kama even confronted him. He kept referring to him as "this Kama character".

Thinking cap on. Was Cena trying to write himself off the show back at the PPV because he wanted to be free of distractions to handle the upcoming divorce?

[quote name='diddy310']A courtroom artist's rendering of David Otunga.

AD20120425448787-2-Court_artist_s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not nearly douchey enough.

[quote name='mykevermin']"Is this coma? What does he want?"

I had no idea Steve McMichael was brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Neither did he.

This weekend is ridiculous with wrestling. There are 4 PPV's in 3 days. EVOLVE has shows on both Friday and Saturday, ROH has Border Wars on Saturday and TNA has Sacrifice on Sunday. I'm definitely in for ROH but will have to pass on EVOLVE. Only so much cash to go around.

I just realized, unless the booking has changed, Finlay will be on both the Friday EVOLVE show and then going against Roderick Strong at the ROH show on Saturday.

How many Evolve shows have you checked out? The $1.99 DGUSA show from Wrestlemania weekend was better than any ROH show I've seen in the last 15 months. In all honesty though, I'd save that money for a Chikara PPV.

I'm already paid for ROH. I really enjoyed the DGUSA $2 show as well. Is there a scheduled Chikara PPV? If the price is right I may check it out.

[quote name='neocisco']I'm already paid for ROH. I really enjoyed the DGUSA $2 show as well. Is there a scheduled Chikara PPV? If the price is right I may check it out.[/QUOTE]

Next month.

1420.JPG

[quote name='Scorch']Steve's lookin' rough lately. Anyone near Romeoville, IL? He's got a restaurant there.[/QUOTE]

We need a list of wrestler-owned restaurants. The obvious one is Abby's place in Georgia. If I remember correctly Jim Ross' place closed. Armando Estrada's didn't last long. I'm assuming Lawler's hamburger place is gone too since that was an eternity ago.

[quote name='KaneRobot']If I remember correctly Jim Ross' place closed.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this as I live in the area. Went there once, wasn't too bad. Place was loaded with WWE pictures, posters, etc. It really was overkill. Food was above average, but also for above average prices.

Matt Hardy sticks out more for me because he was only resigned because of the tremendous heat he put on Edge/Lita. Steamboat and RVD were current roster members that they were burying. The other difference is that in comparison to the history and accomplishments of RVD/Steamboat, the most Matt Hardy had ever done at that point was be a popular tag team wrestler. Heck, for the three years before that big angle, the fans had pretty much forgotten about him.

[quote name='davo1224']Matt Hardy sticks out more for me because he was only resigned because of the tremendous heat he put on Edge/Lita. Steamboat and RVD were current roster members that they were burying. The other difference is that in comparison to the history and accomplishments of RVD/Steamboat, the most Matt Hardy had ever done at that point was be a popular tag team wrestler. Heck, for the three years before that big angle, the fans had pretty much forgotten about him.[/QUOTE]

Nah, V1 was over with the Matt Facts and M'Fers. It was when he moved to Raw and went on a losing streak that he lost steam, until the whole "I'm preggers but it's Kane's because I agreed to have sex with him because you're too much of a wuss to beat him but now you have to fight for my honor, yet I'm such a whore because I let him creampie me so how much honor do I really have left?" story.

[quote name='KaneRobot']We need a list of wrestler-owned restaurants. The obvious one is Abby's place in Georgia. If I remember correctly Jim Ross' place closed. Armando Estrada's didn't last long. I'm assuming Lawler's hamburger place is gone too since that was an eternity ago.[/QUOTE]
You can add a former drive-in restaurant that used to be a drive-up ice cream place back in the day owned by Bam Bam Bigelow back in the 2000's in Hamlin(PA) to that. They used to make these HUGE burgers on huge buns at the place.

[quote name='mykevermin']Abdullah's place looks like a right pig-sty.[/QUOTE]

Maybe.

20-111201-abdullah102701.jpg

But this is how I want my restaurant entrepreneurs to look.

[quote name='neocisco']That's the #6.[/QUOTE]

Shit, i always confuse the number 5 which has slaw on the side and the number 6. Thanks for the correction.

Apparently, word is that Cena and his wife were getting into constant fights with his wife and that's why he filed for divorce.

TMZ reports that Cena's relationship with Liz Huberdeau began to deteriorate shortly after they got married in 2009 and the arguing has escalated over the past few months, including spats over the remodeling of their home in Florida.

Why do I suddenly feel so icky reading discussions about a dude's private life and relationship?

So he's on basic cable; that doesn't give people free reign to speculate and gossip like old ladies' bridge club.

WWEDVDNews has posted the cover for the Falls Count Anywhere DVD scheduled for release on June 26th:

wwefallscountanywheredv.jpg

They've also posted pictures of the new ECW set coming out on June 5th.

Really hate how they went with "Tazz" instead of "Taz".

The packaging for that ECW set is nice.

I wonder if there's still a market for that stuff? Most of us remember it fondly, but the "E-C-Dub" chants when Paul E. returned this past Monday were pretty meager, to be honest (even if it was evident that Paul didn't give the crowd much of a chance to sustain the chant).

You can't judge the current market for ECW based on chants heard at a Raw show in Greensboro. The rabid fans that loved ECW are A.) farther North, and B.) Unlikely to be at a WWE show (in the product's current state, anyway).

What's unique about these sets (and by these, I mean this and the best of Monday Nitro) is that you're catering to more than your usual audience. Yeah, some of ECW's audience might still catch the occasional Raw, but if they're walking through Best Buy and they see this ECW set, they'll buy it on the spot. I think it'll do huge numbers.

It's quite funny that WWE's best selling DVD (Best of Monday Nitro) has nothing to do with Vince's own product and focuses on a product that many would agree to be inferior to WWE's at the time.

And speaking of Heyman, any time someone comes back (Lesnar, Heyman, Kevin Nash.. basically anyone that's returned in the last two or three years), it makes me wish JR was currently announcing. No one.. no one could get me more hyped about a return than JR could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-Ljwssv50

Cole: Ohhhhhh my. Brock Lesnar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kDM1eDil_g

JR: OIQWBFUYQBFUBVY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goosebumps every time.

Huh.

Found Wrestlemania Anthology Vol. 4 from a site for $30 or so. Volume 4 has been skyrocketing - there were three available the other day on Amazon for $95-$100, and they've all been sold. Hopefully this ships. That means I'll have the entire anthology (albeit censored) for $51. Not too bad, that's $2.55 per event.

[quote name='bhk']While I've been aware of it for years, I've never seen a ROH show. Can anyone reccomend a good place to start?[/QUOTE]

Final Battle 2011 was a great show. Watch anything to do with Mr. Wrestling Kevin Steen. All the shows after Final Battle 2011 are worth watching imo.

Their PPV coming up on the 15th, I think, is called Border Wars and should be a great one.

Watched the second disc of the Ladder Match 2 set last night and totally forgot about the Eddie/Tajiri against Team Angle match. So good.

[quote name='J Rokk']Final Battle 2011 was a great show. Watch anything to do with Mr. Wrestling Kevin Steen. All the shows after Final Battle 2011 are worth watching imo.

Their PPV coming up on the 15th, I think, is called Border Wars and should be a great one.[/QUOTE]

Border Wars is tonight at 7:30 PM EST. You can order it for $14.99 at ROHWrestling.com.

Edit: That's if ROH can even get their site working.... :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
ROH spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled....

Kevin Steen = new ROH world champ.

World's Greatest Tag Team = new ROH world tag champs.

I totally forgot Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri ever tagged.

Now I seem to recall they also held the tag team titles together, yes?

WWE = fuck you, tag teams since 2000-something.

[quote name='Demolition Man']ROH spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled....

Kevin Steen = new ROH world champ.

World's Greatest Tag Team = new ROH world tag champs.
[/QUOTE]

Congrats to Kevin Steen, but I really enjoyed Davey's run with the belt. Must have been awesome match.

[quote name='Purple Flames']
Congrats to Kevin Steen, but I really enjoyed Davey's run with the belt. Must have been awesome match.
[/QUOTE]

Yes it was. Personally I'm giving the match four out of five stars. Not quite five star material but still a great match. Oh and yes I really enjoyed Davey's run.

I haven't cared about TNA since god knows when. I can't even remember the last time I watched Impact in full. I think I might of flipped over once or twice during the MLS halfitme break when ESPN used to run their game of the week on Thursday night but other then that nope haven't cared to give TNA my time. It's sad since TNA has some good talent in the company but I don't feel like giving my time to a company that continues to squander chance after chance to really build themselves and grow into what wrestling needs to be instead of trying to rehash old storylines, continue putting old faces on TV that nobody wants to see, and in general trying to relive 1998 like as if people really want that.

On that note I will say that outside of missing the first half of ROH's iPPV tonight due to their site having issues with their login system the video/audio quality is vastly better then when they were using GoFightLive. The picture wasn't perfect as I could see compression artifacts at times but wow things looked much clearer and easier to see. Not to mention the frame rate looked to be a bit higher which helped out quite a bit. For those wondering with the issues tonight ROH is offering people the option of either an straight refund or getting the next iPPV for free (along with unlimited ondemand replay for both shows). ROH was really apologetic on Facebook about it making several posts during the show apologizing to fans. Hopefully seeing this is the first iPPV with them handling the streaming that things will get better from here on out.

Edit: And yes myke... ROH still uses the sides of wheat toast for their name cards. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Demolition Man']Edit: And yes myke... ROH still uses the sides of wheat toast for their name cards. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Ha!

TNA is like that person you used to date that picked up a meth habit along the way. Sure, they might say they've changed and they're clean now, but you're constantly picking the "under" in the over/under pool on when they'll relapse. And you're winning big.

[quote name='mykevermin']I totally forgot Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri ever tagged.

Now I seem to recall they also held the tag team titles together, yes?

WWE = fuck you, tag teams since 2000-something.[/QUOTE]
Yep, they won the belts at Judgement Day 2003 in the aforementioned ladder match. It was supposed to be Chavo & Eddie against Team Angle, but Chavo tore his bicep muscle a week before the event. They held the belts for about two months before dropping them back to Team Angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypvQlwWmFHc

What saddens me about TNA is that way back when, I gave them a chance...and they impressed the hell out of me. It made me excited about wrestling again, it made me believe that WWE might step up as well due to competition. TNA had IT. Talent. Potential. But somewhere along the line they seemed to forget all about what made them so amazing and fun to watch. These days TNA feels like a badly booked WCW show with an ECW budget.

ROH is definitely taking the right steps to make things right with those who bought the PPV.

Dear Ring of Honor Fans,

We can't apologize enough for the issues with the PPV again last night. You are the loyal fans that continue to support our product and we continue and will always continue to provide a better experience. After Showdown in the Sun, we had been working endlessly, employing all resources, to bring you a better PPV experience. The end result were many successes and one failure. We failed to deliver the full PPV via our website due to login/traffic issues. While a portion of viewers were able to watch the event in its entirety, we understand that greater than 50% had issues throughout the evening. This was unacceptable to you, the fans, yet very unanticipated by us after several tests and bodes of confidence from our technical resources.

Nonetheless, we owe you and will make good to each and every one of you. As of right now, the replay is available on rohwrestling.com. As the higher quality versions are available, we will replace the file with them as well. In addition, each person that bought Border Wars live will receive Best in the World, absolutely free. If is not sufficient, we will gladly offer a refund instead. All refund requests should be directed to[email protected] with the subject header : BW Refund.

For Best in the World, we WILL work out any and all kinks. We will test several times, including in an actual PPV replicated environment, and will ask for all of your assistance in doing this. There is nothing more that we want than to bring our fans the BEST internet pay per view experience each and every time.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support and we hope that you will help us in preparing for the next PPV

~ Ring of Honor
www.ROHWRESTLING.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back