Uh Oh, It's The Big O Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former WWE creative team writer Dan Madigan appeared on the Review-a-Wai podcast with John Pollock and Wai Ting to commemorate the anniversary of MAY 19TH when WWE released See No Evil. The full review of the film and interview with Madigan is up and here is an excerpt from the chat regarding an idea Vince McMahon had for Kane's character, Jacob Goodnight:

"I get a call from Gregory Dark, the director. He says, “We’ve got a little problem here.” This call is from Australia. I said, “What’s the problem?” He goes, “Vince has a suggestion about the movie.” I said, “Well, it’s his movie.” He goes, “Vince wants this scene in the movie where Kane’s character pulls out his penis, and he wants it to be three feet long.” I thought there was a connection problem, I said “Greg, can you just back up and repeat that last line for me?” He goes, “Yes, Vince wants Kane’s penis to be three feet long, and none of the producers are saying anything about it.” So I sat there, I go, “Oh, this is not good. This is not good. This is really not good.” In the right movie, that’s genius, that’s absolutely brilliant, but not for this movie.

"When the script was finally okayed, they brought someone else in to rewrite me. As a writer, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up; it’s an ego thing to be honest. So, they brought in someone to touch up my stuff. I read their version of my script, and I’ll be honest, it wasn’t good. Every cliche that I purposely wanted to take out, they had put back in."
Ho ho ho, I'm Vince McMahon, DAMMIT!

OK ~ I might have to get this: http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com..._Code=R&Product_Code=REX-033&Category_Code=AF

28tul3t.jpg

and I feel bad for not posting this yesterday. I can't believe it's been a year. WWE really, really knocked it out of the park with this tribute. I remember being angry because I thought that they were just going to have a "In Memory Of" thing at the beginning of Raw and call it a day, but they really went above and beyond anything I thought they would've produced given the history between Macho Man and WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD1j-Bx2LRA&feature=related&t=1h10m56s

(it's at the 1h10m56s mark)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']OK ~ I might have to get this: http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com..._Code=R&Product_Code=REX-033&Category_Code=AF

28tul3t.jpg

and I feel bad for not posting this yesterday. I can't believe it's been a year. WWE really, really knocked it out of the park with this tribute. I remember being angry because I thought that they were just going to have a "In Memory Of" thing at the beginning of Raw and call it a day, but they really went above and beyond anything I thought they would've produced given the history between Macho Man and WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD1j-Bx2LRA&feature=related&t=1h10m56s

(it's at the 1h10m56s mark)[/QUOTE]

Call me old-fashioned but I REALLY miss when they'd ring the bell 10 times in memory of a fallen wrestler.

[quote name='neocisco']Must have been a memorable PPV. Not a single post about it.[/QUOTE]

It was solid, but you're right. It wasn't anything too memorable. It actually felt like a 3 hour Raw, but with more wrestling.

Anyone expecting anything from Cena and Laurinitis and bought the PPV based on this, is what Websters defines as a "fucking idiot." It was a comedy match with an expected outcome. The rest of the PPV was good to great.

I never ordered wwe ppv's...even when I was heavy into wrestling... I still keep up with whats going on but dont watch it that much...with that said I need to try to track down the Bryan-Punk match.

[quote name='neocisco']Must have been a memorable PPV. Not a single post about it.[/QUOTE]
No, that just means it was good. If it was bad, there'd be a bunch of posts complaining about how WWE should be ashamed that they charged for that. And if it was amazing, then everyone would complain about how they have no hope for WWE to properly continue the trend. This one was decent. Solid B. Bryan and Punk put on a great match. The 4-way was solid. Easiest the best divas match we've had in a long time (and as a side note, our current diva's champion is on the Maxim top 100, along with Kelly). The IC title match was a pleasant surprise and will hopefully develop into a very good feud. And Ryback is continuing The Streak 3.0. Everything else sorta happened.

This is the video that WWE posted, then pulled, earlier today. It's the next in the "Revolution" videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfruYN_VY0

I don't want to get my hopes up.. I really don't want to get my hopes up.. it'll probably be something like "Attitude era classics all month long on YouTube!" or something.

/edit: That can't be it, there's old school, ECW and post-Attitude era footage in this

Maybe it's just a promo video for Dean Ambrose's Raw debut.. if it is, they definitely chose the wrong footage to hype up his debut with.

[quote name='Chronis']The IC title match was a pleasant surprise and will hopefully develop into a very good feud. [/QUOTE]

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this. That was one of the highlights of the PPV.

[quote name='diddy310']- dropping the Lord part, the entrance gear and most of the goofy posing.[/QUOTE]

They still called him Lord Tensai. Right about the gear and posing though. It was kind of expected though. Those unique entrances tend to get simplified after a while. Like I remember being disappointed when they got rid of MVP's inflatable bouncy castle.

I know wrestling isn't the place to complain about logic, but this is lazy: One of the big stipulations mentioned for the main event last night was that anyone who interferes would be fired. Tonight Johnny Ace reveals he hired Show back on Saturday, which would make him a superstar during the match that he interfered in. Maybe I missed some ridiculous hand wave by reading results from Lords of Pain but that's just ignorant.

So heel Bryan loses on a missed call to face Punk, and then face Punk sends out heel Kane to pummel heel Bryan with a chair. Heel Bryan wins by DQ, and face Punk checks on him by putting him in the Vice after the bell when he's already down and out.

Sure.

Hand waving (known in some circles as "fuck Continuity") is what the WWE excels at. Glados the GM anybody?

[quote name='JJSP']So heel Bryan loses on a missed call to face Punk, and then face Punk sends out heel Kane to pummel heel Bryan with a chair. Heel Bryan wins by DQ, and face Punk checks on him by putting him in the Vice after the bell when he's already down and out.

Sure.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Punk was getting back at Bryan. It was only fair. Are you missing something?

Last night was the first RAW in forever that I actually stoped watching midway through. I have a pretty strong threshold for stupid, but last night reached Impact levels of dumbassery.

Looks like Alex Shelley is gone from TNA.

According to F4WOnline.com, Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA Wrestling shortly when his contract expires as he has chosen not to renew.

As noted earlier, WWE is looking at doing a "cruiserweight" show on the WWE Network and they are said to be interested in Shelley.

We'll keep you posted as we hear more.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Last night was the first RAW in forever that I actually stoped watching midway through. I have a pretty strong threshold for stupid, but last night reached Impact levels of dumbassery.[/QUOTE]

What happened? I didn't watch it at all, and was kinda hammered when I skimmed the results.

Punk/Bryan had an awesome match on Sunday, it's a shame they may not be capitalizing on that.

WWE.com has released a list counting down the top 50 WCW wrestlers of all-time. Eligibility begins with Ted Turner’s purchase of World Championship Wrestling in 1988—anything from Jim Crockett Promotions and NWA predating this is ineligible. Those eligible were rated only on their accomplishments while in WCW, as well as everything from longevity to cultural impact. Spoiler tagged due to size.

1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. “Hollywood” Hogan
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash
6. Diamond Dallas Page
7. Lex Luger
8. Booker T
9. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
10. Scott Steiner
11. Big Van Vader
12. Scott Hall
13. Dean Malenko
14. “Psycho” Sid Vicious
15. “Stunning” Steve Austin
16. Ron Simmons
17. Arn Anderson
18. Eddie Guerrero
19. The Giant
20. Brian Pillman
21. Rick Steiner
22. Rey Mysterio
23. Barry Windham
24. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
25. Eric Bischoff
26. Rick Rude
27. Chris Jericho
28. Buff Bagwell
29. Billy Kidman
30. Raven
31. The Great Muta
32. Lance Storm
33. Terry Funk
34. Konnan
35. Lord Steven Regal
36. Ultimo Dragon
37. Cactus Jack
38. Michael “P.S.” Hayes
39. Curt Hennig
40. Kevin Sullivan
41. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
42. Dustin Rhodes
43. Saturn
44. Bobby Eaton
45. Kanyon
46. Larry Zbyszko
47. Meng
48. Dennis Rodman
49. Juventud Guerrera
50. Jeff Jarrett

I've only skimmed it, and outside of Rodman and the ranking order, I think it looks pretty good. I'd love to see a DVD on this.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']WWE.com has released a list counting down the top 50 WCW wrestlers of all-time. Eligibility begins with Ted Turner’s purchase of World Championship Wrestling in 1988—anything from Jim Crockett Promotions and NWA predating this is ineligible. Those eligible were rated only on their accomplishments while in WCW, as well as everything from longevity to cultural impact. Spoiler tagged due to size.

1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. “Hollywood” Hogan
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash
6. Diamond Dallas Page
7. Lex Luger
8. Booker T
10. Scott Steiner
11. Big Van Vader
12. Scott Hall
13. Dean Malenko
14. “Psycho” Sid Vicious
16. Ron Simmons
17. Arn Anderson
18. Eddie Guerrero
19. The Giant
20. Brian Pillman
21. Rick Steiner
22. Rey Mysterio
23. Barry Windham
25. Eric Bischoff
26. Rick Rude
27. Chris Jericho
28. Buff Bagwell
29. Billy Kidman
30. Raven
31. The Great Muta
32. Lance Storm
33. Terry Funk
34. Konnan
35. Lord Steven Regal
36. Ultimo Dragon
37. Cactus Jack
38. Michael “P.S.” Hayes
39. Curt Hennig
40. Kevin Sullivan
41. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
42. Dustin Rhodes
43. Saturn
44. Bobby Eaton
45. Kanyon
46. Larry Zbyszko
47. Meng
48. Dennis Rodman
49. Juventud Guerrera
50. Jeff Jarrett

I've only skimmed it, and outside of Rodman and the ranking order, I think it looks pretty good. I'd love to see a DVD on this.[/QUOTE]

Ah Hell NO, No Disco Inferno, Ernest the Cat Miller, or David Arquette!!!!
Actually that's a pretty good list. Ah the memories of late 90's WCW, when I truly enjoyed Wrestling.

[quote name='mykevermin']What happened? I didn't watch it at all, and was kinda hammered when I skimmed the results.

Punk/Bryan had an awesome match on Sunday, it's a shame they may not be capitalizing on that.[/QUOTE]

Angry Cena, Big Show pointless heel turn, Ace on a scooter, Otunga jobs to Cena for the 80th time, Santino being Santino, and some other shit. Aside from the AJ/Punk/Danielson stuff, it was garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']WWE.com has released a list counting down the top 50 WCW wrestlers of all-time. Eligibility begins with Ted Turner’s purchase of World Championship Wrestling in 1988—anything from Jim Crockett Promotions and NWA predating this is ineligible. Those eligible were rated only on their accomplishments while in WCW, as well as everything from longevity to cultural impact. Spoiler tagged due to size.

1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. “Hollywood” Hogan
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash
6. Diamond Dallas Page
7. Lex Luger
8. Booker T
10. Scott Steiner
11. Big Van Vader
12. Scott Hall
13. Dean Malenko
14. “Psycho” Sid Vicious
16. Ron Simmons
17. Arn Anderson
18. Eddie Guerrero
19. The Giant
20. Brian Pillman
21. Rick Steiner
22. Rey Mysterio
23. Barry Windham
25. Eric Bischoff
26. Rick Rude
27. Chris Jericho
28. Buff Bagwell
29. Billy Kidman
30. Raven
31. The Great Muta
32. Lance Storm
33. Terry Funk
34. Konnan
35. Lord Steven Regal
36. Ultimo Dragon
37. Cactus Jack
38. Michael “P.S.” Hayes
39. Curt Hennig
40. Kevin Sullivan
41. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
42. Dustin Rhodes
43. Saturn
44. Bobby Eaton
45. Kanyon
46. Larry Zbyszko
47. Meng
48. Dennis Rodman
49. Juventud Guerrera
50. Jeff Jarrett

I've only skimmed it, and outside of Rodman and the ranking order, I think it looks pretty good. I'd love to see a DVD on this.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts on this list(spoilered as well due to size):

1. Sting
2. Ric Flair
3. “Hollywood” Hogan
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash
6. Diamond Dallas Page
7. Lex Luger
8. Booker T
10. Scott Steiner
11. Big Van Vader
12. Scott Hall
13. Dean Malenko
14. “Psycho” Sid Vicious
15. “Stunning” Steve Austin-hell fuckin' no
16. Ron Simmons
17. Arn Anderson
18. Eddie Guerrero
19. The Giant
20. Brian Pillman
21. Rick Steiner
22. Rey Mysterio
23. Barry Windham
25. Eric Bischoff-fuck no
26. Rick Rude
27. Chris Jericho
28. Buff Bagwell
29. Billy Kidman
30. Raven
31. The Great Muta
32. Lance Storm
33. Terry Funk
34. Konnan
35. Lord Steven Regal
36. Ultimo Dragon
37. Cactus Jack
38. Michael “P.S.” Hayes
39. Curt Hennig
40. Kevin Sullivan
41. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
42. Dustin Rhodes
43. Saturn
44. Bobby Eaton
45. Kanyon
46. Larry Zbyszko
47. Meng
48. Dennis Rodman-oh fuck no!
49. Juventud Guerrera
50. Jeff Jarrett

^^Those are definitely the 3 that stuck out to me as well. Maybe it pre-dated my WCW watching, but I don't really remember Steve Austin being anything to write home about while there. Bischoff and Rodman.... I'm split. They definitely created positive buzz for what they did in the company, but I wouldn't consider either of them "wrestlers." Also, we definitely needed Disco Inferno. Aside from that, they hit some good names. I'd just place them differently. But there does seem to be a steep drop from the top 10 (though I'd put Hall at 10 instead of Scott Steiner) to 11-50.

[quote name='Golden Idol']I don't get it. Punk was getting back at Bryan. It was only fair. Are you missing something?[/QUOTE]
It makes sense for Daniel Bryan to interfere in Punk's match with Kane - he's a heel as is Kane, and he used Kane to try and hurt Punk prior to their title match. It doesn't make sense for Kane (as a heel) to do Punk's bidding (as a face) and for Punk to attack Bryan after the bell.

I guess it somewhat works since Kane is supposed to be a "monster" who will attack anyone regardless of their alignment, but Punk jumping Daniel Bryan after the bell is just stupid - it doesn't make Punk look strong since Bryan just got his ass beat with a chair, and it doesn't help Bryan at all since he just laid there and took it.

[quote name='Chronis']^^Those are definitely the 3 that stuck out to me as well. Maybe it pre-dated my WCW watching, but I don't really remember Steve Austin being anything to write home about while there. Bischoff and Rodman.... I'm split. They definitely created positive buzz for what they did in the company, but I wouldn't consider either of them "wrestlers." Also, we definitely needed Disco Inferno. Aside from that, they hit some good names. I'd just place them differently. But there does seem to be a steep drop from the top 10 (though I'd put Hall at 10 instead of Scott Steiner) to 11-50.[/QUOTE]

IMO, Austin should definitely be on the list, but not at the high spot they've got him in.

Also, no Wah, but no surprise there. In an alternate timeline, he's definitely top 20.

[quote name='kodave']WWE did something new and corrected their continuity mistake live on air. Kind of unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

When was this? I can't seem to find it.

[quote name='Tsel']When was this? I can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

At the beginning of Raw John Lauranaitis said that he rehired Big Show on Saturday so he would interfere in the match on Sunday - but the match stipulation said that anyone who interfered would be fired.

Later on in the show they corrected it to say that Big Show had agreed in principle on Saturday but wasn't actually signed until Monday morning.

[quote name='diddy310']At the beginning of Raw John Lauranaitis said that he rehired Big Show on Saturday so he would interfere in the match on Sunday - but the match stipulation said that anyone who interfered would be fired.

Later on in the show they corrected it to say that Big Show had agreed in principle on Saturday but wasn't actually signed until Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem with that, though, was that by having Cole be the one to clarify the situation, it really, really made it obvious that literally no one thought of how stupid it was until halfway through Raw.

There are so many fucking problems with this story, though, that it was the least of the problems. WWE's booking has been piss-poor lately, but this may be the most illogical storyline they've done since Jean-Shorts McKneepads got fired.

[quote name='diddy310']At the beginning of Raw John Lauranaitis said that he rehired Big Show on Saturday so he would interfere in the match on Sunday - but the match stipulation said that anyone who interfered would be fired.

Later on in the show they corrected it to say that Big Show had agreed in principle on Saturday but wasn't actually signed until Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

It also doesn't help that, during the match, Show looked like he was ready to lay Ace out, but he clearly said something to make Show turn on Cena.

[quote name='Purple Flames']It also doesn't help that, during the match, Show looked like he was ready to lay Ace out, but he clearly said something to make Show turn on Cena.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It should have been that Ace was scared shitless and he promised Big Show his job back if he helped him beat Cena right then and there. No secret meetings.

You know what? Even better: Cement Ace as a lying two-faced heel. Follow the above steps, then when it came time for Johnny to finally resign Show, he says something along the lines of "Hey Show... I lied. I STILL don't want a 7 foot, 500 pound freak on my show!!! GET OUT OF MY ARENA!"

[quote name='Scorch']This is the video that WWE posted, then pulled, earlier today. It's the next in the "Revolution" videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfruYN_VY0

I don't want to get my hopes up.. I really don't want to get my hopes up.. it'll probably be something like "Attitude era classics all month long on YouTube!" or something.

/edit: That can't be it, there's old school, ECW and post-Attitude era footage in this[/QUOTE]

For those that care, apparently this is a teaser for a new game that will be unveiled on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back