Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
This here would actually make me even more interested ijn the game, simply for the wtflol factor.

Other new features intended to enhance the realism of the game include:

• Obstructed views due to fans holding misspelled signs in front of the camera
  • Commercial breaks in the middle of matches
  • Other annoying chants, such as “Goldberg” (during Ryback matches) and “What?!”
  • Non-stop jabber about the WWE App and WWE Network (“It’s only $9.99″) by commentator Michael Cole
  • Every playing session begins with a 15-minute in-ring promo by Triple-H
According to one video game critic who has tested an early version of the game, “it’s so realistic that you won’t even want to play it.”

Last edited by a moderator:
CM Punk is confirmed for WWE 2K15.. not only that, but his 2011 feud with John Cena is featured in the 2K Showcase mode.

1ZlWx7D.jpg

Now that I realize the 2k showcase mode is just a rehash of the Wrestlemania mode and the Attitude mode, I can wait on this.

Might want to jump on that if you want it, retailers are starting to sell out. Amazon is officially out of the Xbox One version, can't imagine that the PS4 version is too far behind

Did they actually have someone watch Hogan to make sure he signed each card?  Otherwise, I wouldn't put it past the orange goblin to have Beefcake, Knobbs, and other flunkies sign them for him.

ROH will debut this Friday in Brooklyn, NY at the Brooklyn Cyclones' MCU Park in Coney Island at 7 PM. The 7,500 seat outdoor stadium is easily the biggest venue the promotion has ever run. The show, dubbed "Field of Honor", will feature:

*ROH champion Michael Elgin vs. AJ Styles vs. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe

*ROH TV champion Jay Lethal vs. Matt Taven in a steel cage

*ROH Tag Team champions reDRagon vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian

*Cedric Alexander vs. ACH

*Mark Briscoe vs Takaaki Watanabe

*Silas Young vs. Tommaso Ciampa

*Rocky Romero vs. Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis.

Might want to jump on that if you want it, retailers are starting to sell out. Amazon is officially out of the Xbox One version, can't imagine that the PS4 version is too far behind
Either they made more for PS4 or Amazon just got more of those because I can't believe the One version would sell out first.

edit - This isn't flamebait for a console war. I'm just going off the sales numbers.

Either they made more for PS4 or Amazon just got more of those because I can't believe the One version would sell out first.

edit - This isn't flamebait for a console war. I'm just going off the sales numbers.
Wrestling games seem to be more popular on 360 than PS3. Look at the prices of all the old ones at GS.

Have either PS4 or XBO updated their consoles yet to allow people to put their own songs on the machine? Or will there just be no way to have custom music in WWE 2k15?

Have either PS4 or XBO updated their consoles yet to allow people to put their own songs on the machine? Or will there just be no way to have custom music in WWE 2k15?
You'll have to do it the old school way. Use your JVC Kaboom Box and cue up which CD track is yours when your wrestler comes out.

Xbone has a major update coming out that will let you stream or play them from a USB device and DLNA. I don't know if you can copy them to the hard drive and/or play them in game either from the USB or hard drive.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/gamescom-new-xbox-one-features-video

WWE upped the price of the Network to $12.99 a month in the US.

EDIT:  Read that wrong.  The one-month $19.99 plan is now $12.99.  $9.99 remains.

During a commercial break On RAW a majority of the crowd chanted "Slater Beat You" at Seth Rollins. It made a bunch of us laugh.

There was also a "I paid to see the Titty Master Sign" right by the guy who had the "It's Still Real to me, Damn it" (they made the guy edit his sign with sharpie). Titty Master sign was confiscated. 

Did they really edit "damn it"

wwe logic

2 women screaming bitch all the time at each other, gotta make sure to censor those damn it signs though

There was a fan dressed as Macho Man parading around the various lines (merch booth, food, etc). I heard at LEAST 5 people say "I wonder if Macho Man is going to be here for Hogan's birthday!" 

Hall sounded great last night. I'd love for him to be in the booth or manage someone, but I can imagine he'd fall into old habits pretty quick if he was back on the road all the time.

You'll have to do it the old school way. Use your JVC Kaboom Box and cue up which CD track is yours when your wrestler comes out.
Along with sharing a first name, we think way too much alike. I found a box of my old CDs a week ago which contained WWF: The Music Volumes 2 & 4 and Aggression. I remarked that I wished I still had my JVC Kaboombox to play them.

Just note that EA had Marcus Faulk tweet the same thing about the 125,000 copies of Madden 12 HoF Edition.
Marshall.

f1Nzo4q.jpg

Take the grappling system as an example. Just go ahead and eliminate any thought you had about walking up to your opponent at the start of a match and just delivering a DDT or a backbreaker because they failed to counter it. That’s just not how a match in the WWE starts, so when you press the grapple button in the early stages of a match in WWE 2K15, it initiates the new chain wrestling system.

Wrestling fans know the drill: the two wrestlers go right into a classic collar-and-elbow lockup to jockey for position. It starts like rock, paper, scissors – with each player pressing one of three face buttons, and the winner advancing to a more advantageous position. From here, both players play what is essentially a lock-picking game, rotating the right stick until they find the “sweet spot,” and holding it there to improve their respective situation. During this time, the player with advantage can land strikes, or even wrench whatever limb they’ve grabbed a hold of. It’s a lot more like the opening stages of a real match than running right up to your opponent for a spine-buster the moment the bell rings.

During this period, you can still do running or standing strikes, as well as Irish whips, so you still have options, but the full extent of the grappling game doesn’t open up until some decent damage has been dealt. Speaking of strikes, I criticized WWE 2K14 for how silly its super-speedy attack chains looked, but I won’t be able to say the same of 2K15. Strikes come out at a speed more in line with how actual people punch and kick, making attack chains more deliberate and satisfying to land. It makes exchanges a lot less breezy, but is a fight between two 300+ pound men supposed to be breezy?

Grappling has undergone another key change: the four intermediary grapple stances are gone. Once you’re out of the opening chain-wrestling phase, you just press or hold the grapple button along with a direction to launch right into a move. You can still do a basic headlock to set up rudimentary moves, and the returning limb targeting system, but your core grappling moves will come right from standing. Again, this just makes sense. Once the “feeling out” period is over, how often do guys put one another into a specific hold before doing a suplex? They don’t; they just do it.

Wow, that grappling system sounds pretty terrible. Hopefully it plays better than it is described there.

After watching the footage, it does seem as bad as I thought. Whoever is playing as Orton must agree and that is why he keeps doing the throw grapple to not deal with the chain nonsense.

Wow, that grappling system sounds pretty terrible. Hopefully it plays better than it is described there.

After watching the footage, it does seem as bad as I thought. Whoever is playing as Orton must agree and that is why he keeps doing the throw grapple to not deal with the chain nonsense.
Whoever was playing as Orton looked like a complete moron who has never played a wrestling game in his life. The video looked pretty good all things considered. Now I really want to see gameplay footage with someone playing who isn't a button mashing goof.

Whoever was playing as Orton looked like a complete moron who has never played a wrestling game in his life. The video looked pretty good all things considered. Now I really want to see gameplay footage with someone playing who isn't a button mashing goof.
Kind of ridiculous to insult the person playing given that it's a trade show and people aren't going to sit down and learn a game in the two to three minutes they have to play it.

Kind of ridiculous to insult the person playing given that it's a trade show and people aren't going to sit down and learn a game in the two to three minutes they have to play it.
Well I mean you can hear the guy absolutely POUNDING on his controller like he's playing Mortal Kombat for the first time lol. I'm sure he is a perfectly fine human being.....I just would rather not watch him play any more of THAT game.

They may have changed the grappling but nailing Cesaro with a powerslam off an irish whip reversal 3 seconds into the match doesn't scream realistic.  

Looks like the punches have a bit more weight to them at least...it's a start.

There's still that weird bullshit where you grapple someone who is in the middle of an animation and they just drop straight down though - see when Cesaro is thrown over the rope.

It's got the fucking CM Punk vs Cena Summer of Punk rivalry in it. 33 matches of it, most likely ending with Money in the Bank.

From everything I've read, they are actually making changes this year. They really need to stop the yearly cycle, though. Give us DLC throughout 2 years, and we'd get something truly incredible for the wait.

Has anyone said anything at all about custom entrance music? It would be the first damn question I would ask. It's the difference of me buying the game at launch or waiting for Sony to release mp3 support.

It's got the fucking CM Punk vs Cena Summer of Punk rivalry in it. 33 matches of it, most likely ending with Money in the Bank.

From everything I've read, they are actually making changes this year. They really need to stop the yearly cycle, though. Give us DLC throughout 2 years, and we'd get something truly incredible for the wait.

Has anyone said anything at all about custom entrance music? It would be the first damn question I would ask. It's the difference of me buying the game at launch or waiting for Sony to release mp3 support.
Apparently MP3 support is "on the way", but no word yet. Guess they're still trying to force users onto Music Unlimited.

I dont think that is true. First, I doubt if they took a break from it for a year that the team would spend the whole time working on the new game. So they would end up spending the same amount of time on the game anyways. Especially if they were working on DLC as well throughout. At least with the annual releases they can take out stuff that didnt work in the previous year.

I think some of the problem is that it is a WWE game and not a wrestling game. So instead of trying to build a great, fun, addictive wrestling game, they spend the whole time trying to make the game look as much like WWE tv as they can. The other problem is they seem to get too fancy with the game. I dont want to play mini games when I lock on a submission or go for a pin... or now go for a lock up. QTE are NOT fun especially not in a wrestling game. They need to keep it simple, but deep.

If they could create another VPW2 quality game for this generation then I would be all in for keeping that base and just adding moves, wrestlers, arenas, CAW options, etc. through DLC for the next 3 or 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back