Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I cancelled mine for the screenshot lulz, but I only ever watch the monthly ppv's and I don't know that they're worth paying for when they've been such shit quality lately. On top of that, I had several issues with the stream last night (really the first time I've ever felt the need to complain) as my stream constantly dropped quality and froze multiple times last night. That could be an issue with Chrome or that could be an issue with their network traffic, I don't really know. All I know is unless the product gets better, I can't see any reason to support it. The archive is a nice touch, but watching the old content doesn't have the same magic it once had and I find most things fairly to sit and watch again, especially for things I remember the outcomes on.
i joined late may ( i think may 25) I used to get all of the PPVS back from 1991 to 1998 before they just got to much to afford (plus people moved out of the house that used to pay 1/2 of the ppvs)

never had any problems so far with streaming (then again i hook the modem right up to the ps3 so its not running though the pc. Chrome has been having problems on my pc since thursday (email freezes up and many programs)

about the ppvs out of 10

payback found super boring would gave it a 2

mitb found it okay maybe a 5 out of 10 its worth 10 buck yea but would never pay 44 for it on cable.

i too though i would watch the WWE NETWORK at lot but so far only watched the 2 PPVS and one tuesday night main event. When asked people who was over last night to watch the PPV if they would join

Many said they would pay 20 bucks per month to have it on a cable package but they would not pay 10 bucks to stream it cause they said it would be too much work hooking up their system and then taking it down everytime they wanted to watch something on the network.

i still say by years end you will see the WWE start planning on bringing the network to Cable and SAT compaines. I mean the network can not live much longer how its set up now (where they are losing 60 to 70 million year on it)

If the WWE was seasonal, the network model would be perfect. It works for MLB, it works for NFL (Sunday Ticket), and other major sports. Being year round, it's more of a one shot thing. I think it'll last, but it will cost them a heap of cash to keep it all going.

I pay for it, but it's mostly for the nostalgic factor. Old RAWs and PPVs, WCW shows (Clash of the Champions) all on demand are awesome to have. I've been a fan since the late 80's (which is as far as I can remember), so all this stuff is awesome to watch again. The current programming (NXT, PPV/"special events") are just icing on the cake.

A Jericho/Miz program, that could be entertaining.

Jericho/Wyatt program is infinitely better. Is this their way of trying to combat the positive reaction to the Wyatts?

Last edited by a moderator:
That Jericho swerve was the stuff of legends. The fact that he's feuding with the Wyatts is gonna breathe some new life in that stable, and maybe jericho will show Cena a thing or two about putting someone over.

Maybe we'll get properly violent Paige out of that.

Also, was that Thea Trinidad/Rosita in the Adam Rose Twisted Tea ad segment?

The opening was so great, with HHH doing Cena's wackiness and Steph DANCING TO CENA'S THEME! Seth-RVD was pretty good all things considered. Each guy looked like the walking dead, but still managed to do stuff - very impressive work from RVD especially. LANA'S CLEAVAGE SPOKE before Zeb interrupted and they made a star for one night with Swagger getting a huge chant. Swagger should pay Zeb at least 60% of his check because he's the whole act right now. With the face turn of Swagger, this felt like a post-WM reset show. Wyatts 6-man was fun at points.  Nikki in what appeared to be blackface with Steph was amusing. Bo's minute of silence for Barrett and Bryan was amusing. Shame that Barrett's out for months. It did at least do some greatness with Cesaro going apeshit over an app loss to Kofi and redoing the Bryan-Nigel post stuff with the shoulder instead of the head. McMahondow was glorious too. Miz's return was top-notch and he should really have Maryse with him for this act. JERICHO IS BACK HOLY SMOKABLES! Jericho-Wyatt is going to be amazing. AJ's return was a shocker as well. Ditto her title win AND THE DOUBLE TURN! This is easily the biggest Raw since the post-WM one. It got bigger with a cash-in tease prevented by Ambrose and the show-closing HHH-Reigns staredown. Must-see show.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/wwe-raw-6-30-14.html

Screens -

I'M THE MARINE, DAMMIT!

Tuck Fradition

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/k20cmkmz03m97b7fh17ce8n0m3vdl3c5

Great RAW overall. Good thing I'm not ''boycotting'' the product.

Thought the last segment would taint the night with a BS ending, but it was well executed. Bravo, WWE. Bravo.

Has it ever been discussed why Bray Wyatt uses a different lantern at ringside than the one he uses backstage? My first thought was because of fire regulations.
Most likely it is a general safety thing. I dealt with something like this when we were playing music about 10 years ago. We actually ended up doing something similar, just to save us from having to take something down or change our show for certain venues.

Mainly because if he were to trip, drop the oil lantern, or some dummy try to grab it, they may have a small problem on their hands. Whether it be a fire or someone getting burned.

Backstage or where ever it is that they shoot the short intro is a much more controlled environment.

Great RAW overall. Good thing I'm not ''boycotting'' the product.

Thought the last segment would taint the night with a BS ending, but it was well executed. Bravo, WWE. Bravo.
I have Hulu Plus so I watch Raw through that and if anything interesting on Smackdown happens I'll catch that on YT or Hulu; just don't pay for WWE Network.

tumblr_n7yu08p4FV1tvlt9fo1_500.jpg

lol

I have Hulu Plus so I watch Raw through that and if anything interesting on Smackdown happens I'll catch that on YT or Hulu; just don't pay for WWE Network.
So to punish the WWE for doing stupid shit, you boycott the ONLY good, fan friendly product they put out? And instead you pay for Hulu Plus? Not the way I would go, but that is just me.

Emma was arrested for 6th degree larceny yesterday at Walmart.

Hopefully this causes a gimmick change. Don't even care to what, since anything is better than her current one of "idiot."

So to punish the WWE for doing stupid shit, you boycott the ONLY good, fan friendly product they put out? And instead you pay for Hulu Plus? Not the way I would go, but that is just me.
I pay for Hulu Plus b/c I don't have pay TV so that's my only option for watching TV.

The excuse being used is that she was using the self checkout and forgot to scan the Ipad case.

Still, Cameron got away with getting a DUI and attempting to bribe a cop, A-Ry got to brag about his DUI on TV, Swagger had his pot bust etc. 

Off the top of my head the only person I can remember being released directly after doing something illegal was Kenneth Cameron/Bram.  So hopefully she won't get in too much trouble over it.

Only issue might be with her visa.

I guess it'll be post-Summerslam when they shift all merchandise over to the new network style logo including the belt.  Starting to see it on things like the WWE 2K15 box and a few upcoming DVDs. 

Emma was arrested for 6th degree larceny yesterday at Walmart.

Hopefully this causes a gimmick change. Don't even care to what, since anything is better than her current one of "idiot."
I love Emma.
I dislike Santino, but she is a pretty good wrestler. Too bad she hangs out with him.

Maybe since she got arrested for shoplifting from Walmart, she can change her gimmick into a hot redneck girl who beats the crap out of people or something.

(If my post makes no sense, I was in a pretty bad accident today and I am full of meds)

After seeing those screencaps, I have to ask: Why are they still keeping the two World Titles instead of merging them?
i still say they break them apart sooner or later. I mean its been what months since it was one belt but they still make them carry 2 belts. Then again they carry what 3 or 4 belts in boxing for some stupid reason

loved how triple h points to the banner and it dont fall :) Best part of the entire night

It sounds like it was a simple mistake rather than her stuffing something down her pants and dashing for the exit.

I've actually made that same mistake on the self-checkout machine. I forgot about the case of Diet Pepsi on the bottom of my cart and didn't realize it until I got to my car.

Who said anything about Boycotting, Hydro? Last I checked people were simply saying "i'm not paying for a shitty product".

It sounds like it was a simple mistake rather than her stuffing something down her pants and dashing for the exit.

I've actually made that same mistake on the self-checkout machine. I forgot about the case of Diet Pepsi on the bottom of my cart and didn't realize it until I got to my car.
Unconfirmed mugshot.
10.jpg

Who said anything about Boycotting, Hydro? Last I checked people were simply saying "i'm not paying for a shitty product".
It's in reference to me I believe. I was asking for advice before the PPV if I should stop my boycott of WWE Network out of loyalty to Punk (remember the line from the original pipebomb about keeping pumping money in) and my dislike of HHH (reason the 2nd half of my username is Hitman.) :)

FYI found out NXT is also on Hulu in addition to Main Event so I think I'm cool for now.

I hope AJ and Paige is a double turn so Paige can be the Divas version of BNB/Regal/Sheamus and just kick the crap out of the Divas physically.

While I am also firmly on the "Nidia is not hot" bandwagon, for some reason I found the pairing of Noble and Blind Nidia pretty funny. "AHM OVER HERE BABY"

While I am also firmly on the "Nidia is not hot" bandwagon, for some reason I found the pairing of Noble and Blind Nidia pretty funny. "AHM OVER HERE BABY"
That whole pairing was gold. The inheriting the money and the double wide was hilarious.

That's pretty surprising about Emma, especially since it really did seem like it was unintentional. However, I guess the WWE is trying to cut costs and she wasn't really going over as well in the WWE as she was in NXT. 

That fucking sucks.  I liked Emma, but putting her with Santino was absolutely moronic.

They're doing the same thing to Paige, by booking her poorly.

From #Emmarrested to #UnEmmaployed. Sad to see.

I agree with you, Broly. Santino as a face is beyond terrible, and putting Emma with him showed that the writers/bookers/whomever for the main roster don't pay any attention to NXT. "Oh LOL, 2 goofy and awkward foreigners! Let's pair them up!"

Paige has been booked much better than Emma, but Paige is more talented as well. I'm not even a huge fan of Paige, but she was held back by facing lesser competition (even by WWE women's standards) and never got to cut a real in ring promo til Monday night, where she promptly turned heel and lost the title due to being portrayed as an idiot.

Unless there's more to it than is currently known, as in, this isn't the first time it's happened but has been publicized, then WWE sucks elephant nuts.  Get a DWI and you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back