Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that is true. First, I doubt if they took a break from it for a year that the team would spend the whole time working on the new game. So they would end up spending the same amount of time on the game anyways. Especially if they were working on DLC as well throughout. At least with the annual releases they can take out stuff that didnt work in the previous year.

I think some of the problem is that it is a WWE game and not a wrestling game. So instead of trying to build a great, fun, addictive wrestling game, they spend the whole time trying to make the game look as much like WWE tv as they can. The other problem is they seem to get too fancy with the game. I dont want to play mini games when I lock on a submission or go for a pin... or now go for a lock up. QTE are NOT fun especially not in a wrestling game. They need to keep it simple, but deep.

If they could create another VPW2 quality game for this generation then I would be all in for keeping that base and just adding moves, wrestlers, arenas, CAW options, etc. through DLC for the next 3 or 4 years.
Exactly. Keep it simple. No reason for QTE, "sweet spot meters" and all that BS.

MVP in Ferguson to protest during the clusterfuck going on down there.

BvB18QnIYAIQZ7d.jpg

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna-impact/2014/8/14/6003713/tna-star-mvp-protests-ferguson-missouri

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the opening stuff because it was short and sweet. Bully and the Hardys reminding everyone of what they didn't back in the day wasn't just a great plug for the WWE Network (available for only $9.99) but also came off like Al Bundy reminding everyone of the four touchdowns he scored (not just in a whole season, one game!). X division scramble was a bunch of stuff. Team Dixie's skit mid-ring was hilarious. I loved EC3 saying he'll build a house in the building to avoid leaving, followed by cops actually looking like cops coming out to arrest them. Their arresting bits were funny and let to THE FIRST MENTION OF TNA MOVING TO WEDNESDAY NIGHTS, in about 2 seconds. Gunner-Anderson was a nothing match, but amusing due to the KENNEDY chant, the fans singing Adam Rose's theme, and going OLE OLE OLE. So TNA's roster is really knocking them dead. LOL @ them showing a JR tweet and then blurring his face. 6-man tag was fun, largely due to the Lashley-Aries stuff. The second plug for Impact on Wednesday nights was about as quick as the first - this change is doomed. Speaking of doomed, this Abyss-Bram feud can fuck off. 3D-Hardys got really good after the break - doomsday whisper in the wind was crazy, and the parade of highlights made me want to have this match in No Mercy...like I did in 2000. They couldn't have done a worse job hyping up the Wednesday move either - the rating is doomed for this month's big Impact show.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/tna-impact-wrestling-8-14-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nvw3vvq097dz72k5sq6z298ed2nf395r

Good god that's about as awful as the "Future Endeavors" shirt.

I've been watching a lot of Simon Dean (Nova) stuff on youtube. The guy sounds super smart and is a breath of fresh air interview wise to listen to.

I don't understand the Nash injury jokes. There are MUCH more injury prone stars than him.

Looks like the 2K legal team finally caught wind that someone was leaking gameplay videos from Gamescom.

I think it is because of the way Nash gets injured, its not doing some crazy flip outside the ring, it is by doing everyday actions such as walking.

True enough, I just thought that Nash had only torn his quad twice, so I didn't understand the constant teasing.

Two notes today:

- WWE officials have reportedly given up on the Bo Dallas gimmick. People on Twitter and Reddit are pretty pissed.

- CM Punk was not scanned for 2K15 and his face looks off.

Today, he has parted ways with WWE in real life, so unfortunately 2K was not able to get him in front of its scanners. I'm sure in a previous WWE game CM Punk's character model would blend in with the rest, but when everything else looks this good his face is noticeably off
R1N37MU.jpg

[youtube]http://youtu.be/cLwQefFxFVY[/YouTube]

The FIRST THING I thought when I saw the description of this was "they better have the music." And they do!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/wuh3GZxuQKA[/YouTube]
Seems to be reasonably free of the usual Hogan "embellishing." Not sure if I believe him about not seeing the camera there, but that's nitpicking. Definitely worth watching.

Vince is a promoter, Nash is a wrestler?
A promoter who was well known for being physically involved. He was hardly Bob Geigel.

Triple H tore his walking across the ring as well

[youtube]http://youtu.be/cLwQefFxFVY[/YouTube]

The FIRST THING I thought when I saw the description of this was "they better have the music." And they do!
and the Howard Finkel voice over. and a Jumping Bomb Angels reference. This is the best.

how fast of a connection do you need for WWE NETWORK. right now i got 50, but thinking about going down to 25 to get more cable channels.
I have 15/5 and I think I've only had the quality drop 2 or 3 times during a show in the 6 months I've been using it.

Warrior's wife wants Hogan to shut up:

“I’ve been really quiet since the passing of my husband and the father of my girls. Someone sent me what Mr Bollea had to say in video interview with Grantland yesterday and I would just like to ask him to stop.

“He is the only person in the WWE Universe who did not give a call or send a card. My girls asked why he didn’t check on us like everyone else and I explained simply there isn’t a camera at our mailbox or in the house when we receive our calls.

“I would ask respectfully Mr Bollea, for you to understand my girls hurt and just let some time pass before you say anything more.

“Dana A Warrior.”

My friends are lucky bastards. They went to the Hulk Hogan panel last night. Bought tickets off Stubhub, assuming they were standard $50 tickets. They arrived and found out they were VIP. 37 fucking dollars! They got to meet and take pics with Hulk Hogan.

We are going to the Stone Cold panel tomorrow before SummerSlam. No VIP.

Warrior's wife wants Hogan to shut up:

“I’ve been really quiet since the passing of my husband and the father of my girls. Someone sent me what Mr Bollea had to say in video interview with Grantland yesterday and I would just like to ask him to stop.

“He is the only person in the WWE Universe who did not give a call or send a card. My girls asked why he didn’t check on us like everyone else and I explained simply there isn’t a camera at our mailbox or in the house when we receive our calls.

“I would ask respectfully Mr Bollea, for you to understand my girls hurt and just let some time pass before you say anything more.

“Dana A Warrior.”
She probably should have told her husband to shut up when he'd post videos on the internet of himself sitting in the dark with a hoodie on acting out Hogan having sex with his children with action figures. I'd say that's probably going to be more damaging to Warrior's kids than a guy not sending a sympathy card to a woman that for all he knows hates him, and saying nothing bad about him to the media when asked. That would also be the key thing here - what Hogan talked about wasn't just shared randomly, he was asked about it in an interview.

Hogan can definitely be a self-promoter, and he can definitely be am asshole, but let's not kid ourselves here: Warrior fucking defined it.

While I respect the dead let's face it: Warrior was no saint. He brought a lot of shit on himself. I don't see anything wrong with people voicing their opinion or giving an interview about the guy but Hogan should at least give it a year or so in good taste.

Hi All,

Longtime lurker here but for what its worth the logo has officially changed on WWE's headquarters. I drive by it everyday and they changed it this week. RIP scratch logo

Are you fucking kidding me? No more Bo-Lieve?

Jesus fucking Christ

I swear WWE must have a bunch of fucking monkeys up there trying to write this shit. I'm not even sure monkeys could do that badly.

I hate the gimmick, but it's what makes me like him. Bo is a pretty decent wrestler too. They better have something better in mind.

They also need to get Emma back out there, I miss her.

My back hurts, I'm grouchy today.

Nobody ever said they were getting rid of Bo's gimmick, just that they were cooling off on him. Probably won't get as much TV time in the future.

In a lot of ways I agree with Vince. Bo Dallas is no Kurt Angle. It's a gimmick I enjoyed and personality wise Bo could definitely pull it off but the guy certainly didn't scream world champion the way Angle did and I doubt he ever would with his current gimmick. 

The only two people that came out of NXT that seem worth a damn in the last couple of years are Bray Wyatt and Paige. Rusev is conceivably there but his gimmick does more of the work for him then he does for himself.

In a lot of ways I agree with Vince. Bo Dallas is no Kurt Angle. It's a gimmick I enjoyed and personality wise Bo could definitely pull it off but the guy certainly didn't scream world champion the way Angle did and I doubt he ever would with his current gimmick.

The only two people that came out of NXT that seem worth a damn in the last couple of years are Bray Wyatt and Paige. Rusev is conceivably there but his gimmick does more of the work for him then he does for himself.
i find it funny when he stands there waving his flag.

I like Bo Dallas's gimmick.  The cheasyness of the motivational speaker combined with the bubbling sociopath underneath it all has so much potential.  Sort of like evil Doink.

Current odds for SummerSlam:

gDSiArh.png

Cena
has come down as an underdog. As has
Stephanie

Bray Wyatt
has been a consistent, massive favorite.

That betting shit looks fun, but I can't understand what any of that stuff means. Someone send me a PM and tell me how to get into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back