Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

Just got my shipping confirmation roughly a minute ago (Release Day Delivery). It said that it was already in transit, so good to go for tomorrow. :bouncy:

[quote name='Trakan']Are you just using their free super saver shipping?

I'm getting it the 13th because I have Prime and get free release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rig']Trakan is probably right. I also am getting release date shipping (with Prime). That's probably why it says 13th for us.[/QUOTE]

It would make sense if my delivery date was the 19th, but my shipping date is the 19th. Super Saver effects when my item leaves the warehouse? I get that transit time is longer, but it should take more time to box my stuff too? In all my years of Amazon purchasing, I've never been hit like that with FSS.

Update:
On my lunch today I sent an email to support asking why ship date was six days after release. I just checked my email and the support rep said it was because I used FSS. So I guess that can effect shipping preparation in addition to transit time. Lesson learned. With that said, my status just changed to "Shipping Soon." I'm just hoping to have the game by Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay - it comes out soon! Can't wait to play COOP with some CAG's. I'm ready to COOP it up when you are - let me know.

PSN: DarknessBear (please put your are from CAG and U2 - or I wont add)

Mine changed to shipping soon. It really doesn't make any sense why it would take them 6 days just to send the game out if you used FSSS.

Update on the demo:

The main reason for this post is that we just got word that the multiplayer demo ended earlier today and unfortunately we won’t be able to get it back up before the game launches. So for those who wanted to get on and play some UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer goodness, you’re going to have to wait a few short hours till the game goes on sale.

I know we had a contest running with a chance to win 10 Fortune Hunter Editions every day Saturday through Monday…so here is what we’re going to do. For Saturday and Sunday we’re going to increase the number of Fortune Hunter Edition prizes from 10 to 20 each day. For Monday, we’re going to honor the contest by drawing 10 winners from all those who logged on this morning.
It's not clear whether they're reactivating the demo/uploading a new demo post-launch or if they just mean everyone should buy the game. I miss the good old days of demos when I could just play that one track in Rally Cross for months and never get the full version. :nottalking::D

They're saying to just go buy the game to continue playing multiplayer instead of whining about the demo ending today.

Finished the game earlier and it's a great game. I'm working on getting some MP in before finishing up my review, though the lack of broken street dates means that there probably won't be much there until it gets closer to midnight.

i was wondering if the demo would continue or not makes sense that they ended it because if you could still play it online that way what would be the incentive for buying the full game? sucks though since i dont know when my copy will get here shouldnt have been cheap and gotten free shipping.

[quote name='metaly']Update on the demo:

It's not clear whether they're reactivating the demo/uploading a new demo post-launch or if they just mean everyone should buy the game. I miss the good old days of demos when I could just play that one track in Rally Cross for months and never get the full version. :nottalking::D[/QUOTE]

maybe they will come out with a sp demo.

[quote name='blader16']Do ranks transfer over?[/QUOTE] Not so far, my Beta stats didn't transfer. I've also heard rumors they were going to reset the servers for Uncharted 2 so that all of us with a copy already will start at level one also.

Quick question on Amazon shipping, I pre-ordered so I just got an email it's shipped.. I am doing FSSS. (Odd I thought post office was closed for Columbus Day) but on Track Your Package, where it says "Location" does that mean where they are shipping it from, or the destination? for me it says "Phoenix AZ US" But I live in Chandler AZ, so it's possible I might get it tomorrow even though it says Delivery estimate: October 15, 2009?

[quote name='blader16']Do ranks transfer over?[/QUOTE]

i dont think so i hope im wrong but if its anything like with the first demo youll have to start fresh.

I cannot wait till tomorrow afternoon. Damn weekday releases.... Just out of curiosity how many of you guys are buying the strategy guide?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it, but the Revenge Booster code from GameStop is redeemable now.[/QUOTE]

if you ordered the game online will the code come with the game or will they email it to you ?

[quote name='Sinistar']Quick question on Amazon shipping, I pre-ordered so I just got an email it's shipped.. I am doing FSSS. (Odd I thought post office was closed for Columbus Day) but on Track Your Package, where it says "Location" does that mean where they are shipping it from, or the destination? for me it says "Phoenix AZ US" But I live in Chandler AZ, so it's possible I might get it tomorrow even though it says Delivery estimate: October 15, 2009?[/QUOTE]

i live in gilbert and they shipped mine (overnight) from delaware, so i would guess yours is shipping from the same place. you can get more details by copying the tracking number into the ups site though.

[quote name='zenprime']Not so far, my Beta stats didn't transfer. I've also heard rumors they were going to reset the servers for Uncharted 2 so that all of us with a copy already will start at level one also.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that better stay a rumor. Or I'm gonna be pissed.

[quote name='sophicous']I remember hearing they were gonna reset too before the demo was even made public[/QUOTE]
Well - if they were going to reset those that got a prerelease copy, then I think they would have already done it. My rank is still there and they wouldn't do it now because people are getting it at the Midnight Launches.

[quote name='sotc1988']Tomorrow's two and a half hours of math are going to be BRUTAL waiting for this game. Cannot wait.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you are getting Brutal Legends?

The Revenge Booster code just unlocks it for purchase, which is $134,250. Before you could even afford that, you could buy a lot of perks and unlocks before you can reasonably reach that amount of money. It's not really the unbalancing bonus people assumed it was.

I hope they don't carry over, I forgot to visit the store to get my boosters and played the whole time with no boosters or upgrades. Spread my matches out only playing a few at a time and faced a lot of veterans. So I'm not too happy with my stats.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Revenge Booster code just unlocks it for purchase, which is $134,250. Before you could even afford that, you could buy a lot of perks and unlocks before you can reasonably reach that amount of money. It's not really the unbalancing bonus people assumed it was.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I've played with a few people that have had it. It is much worse then Martyrdom (in COD4) - it takes like 5 seconds to blow, which is enough time to roll away.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']i live in gilbert and they shipped mine (overnight) from delaware, so i would guess yours is shipping from the same place. you can get more details by copying the tracking number into the ups site though.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. usps.com tracking is down now.. Odd they would ship it overnight with Super Saver shipping but that would be nice. :p

originally i wrote this in the wrong thread

i bought two copies from separate accounts using prime. interesting enough, they both started in newark, DE heading to california. But one is on ups and other is on fedex. i wonder who will win the race?

Actually, I think all major characters have some form of half tuck. Elena is sporting one now, Same for Drake. Chloe's penchant for tighter clothing seems to leave her without one, I'll have to take a closer look just to make sure though. :p

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...m10d12-Naughty-Dog-pokes-fun-at-nextgen-games

This generation of games has one unique quality to it: a brownish tint. Naughty Dog games have a lot of lush color to them, so to make Uncharted 2: Among Thieves a “true” next-generation title, you need to offer gamers the option to make the game look a little drab. Much like Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2 features a ‘Next-Gen Filter’, which you can purchase with the in-game money. Unlike Drake's Fortune filter, this time around it's much more accurate and comical.

Much more defined this time around, Naughty Dog makes the next-gen filter make Uncharted 2 look like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid 4 in color, which is pretty much one main color theme. The filter makes the game look brownish gold and takes away nearly all the color found in the game. When you turn the filter on, you are truly playing a “next-gen” title. You have to love the humor of Naughty Dog.

Comparison screens can be found in the gallery below.

Freaking hilarious

Oh, and gamecrazy gives you a booster that gives you more money. I wonder if you can buy that too eventually. I would imagine so.

There's also boosters that cripple you in some way in multiplayer, but also give you medals for using them, probably trophies too.

I loved the next gen filter, but I also loved donut drake more. Still trying to get him in Uncharted 1, but I might just save that for Uncharted 2.

Just got back from picking my copy up (along with NBA 2K10 and LBP: GOTY). Just to take it back to the coverart discussion that was going on in this thread awhile back, they did indeed change the red part on the spine where the PS3 logo is. It's now black with the new white PS3 logo.

[quote name='Vanigan']There's also boosters that cripple you in some way in multiplayer, but also give you medals for using them, probably trophies too.

I loved the next gen filter, but I also loved donut drake more. Still trying to get him in Uncharted 1, but I might just save that for Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]
Anti-boosters? Interesting idea.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Revenge Booster code just unlocks it for purchase, which is $134,250. Before you could even afford that, you could buy a lot of perks and unlocks before you can reasonably reach that amount of money. It's not really the unbalancing bonus people assumed it was.[/QUOTE]

thats not a hard amount of money to get though ive earned that much in a couple of ( cant recall how many ) matches but considering what the booster does its not worth buying.

[quote name='js1']Picked up my copy this afternoon. I'll see you guys in a couple of days!![/QUOTE]

:lol: I pre-ordered it a while back. I hope it at least comes sometime before Saturday. That's all I ask for... I saw the reviews for this game. IGN/Gamespot gave it a 9.5. From the IGN review it should have got a 10 since they didn't mention any negatives. Uncharted 2 is my most wanted game this month... I'll come out, and say it. Uncharted 2 is my most wanted game this year... I said it, and it needed to be said. ;)

I got my copy this morning and played about 20 minutes. It was enough to get the first trophy and a treasure before heading to the office. I'm going home early tonight, that's for sure. It's damn fun already.

bread's done
Back