Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

-i havent run into any glitches in single player other than 1 part looking around and there was a small bit of green that flashed on a statue.imultiplayer lags if other pplls connections are hella weak. 1 guy would freeze when we shot him, and other times it looked like he was Flash with a laggy blur behind him. and his grenades would be suspended in time for minutes at a time. but it was only him. getting "host left" er "connection error" usually means you or another player on your team left er lost connection. usually with coiop. deathmatch stuff just migrates host.. ilve played a good amount of MP already and can go on for a long while without anyone having a connection error. i think it's just the ppl you play with.

-I got the Platinum Trophy. First game with trophies and it got me addicted. Definitely some late nights. But I went through normal twice trying to find more treasures. Then I finally played Hard. There were PARTS that really were HARD! But having gone through the game already makes it that much easier. There were certain battles where i'd die within 1-2 minutes and have too keep trying for like another 10 er so tries. Sometimes even more. But going slow and stealthy helps tremendously!!!! With that, there were parts I could get through once over. I was reluctant to play crushing because I saw how Hard could be. After the during like the second big gunfight (ch4 - The Dig. After sullivan pushes the button) I realized why they called it Crushing. It crushes any hopes you have of actually beating that difficulty!!! At the part where the turrets in the tower come out I died pretty quick. Then they respawn you in the open and I would literally get 3 steps and a jump away and die again. I must've died 20-25 times within 15 mins just tryna beat that part. But, once again, having gone through the game a few times already I knew where the good weapons were and good tactical spots, etc. With A LOT of patience and better than ever ninja skills, some battles I could avoid er go once over. SO, when ppl say Hard er Crushing is easy, they're proly exaggerating, but it could be harder.

-I preferably like the Desert Eagle. 1-hitter quitters! I don't need all the ammo from the other guns. Though I do like the uzi. Start at the body and works its way up from recoil to headshotss! =)

-You can only turn on tweaks once you have beaten the game on the difficulty you want to use them in. (Ie: want infinite ammo on Hard, must have beaten entire game on Hard first.). And you can still get trophies with tweaks on. That's how I got the (xx)-kills with _____ gun. I would purchase a gun and just have infinite ammo on so I could run through with it.

-I didn't figure oout how to do it til waaayyy late, and only after seeing it done in MP a few times, but to jump over those shield guys you have to shoot at them enough to make them lean back then go up to the front of them and the SQUARE icon should appear. 1 of the very last trophies I got because I didn't know how to do it. Hopefully this helps others who wanna know too instead of using grenades on them.

-uhm... I think that's all. Sorry so long. Had to catch up with what everyone was saying.

The only thing I hate about this game are all the near death cliffhanger cinematics. There are way too many of these. You really notice them when you go through the game for the second time. Does anyone actually believe Drake will die? No.

[quote name='sardines']If you
read Drake's journal, you'll find that he sketched some skeleton-like creature named Skelzor in it. His imagination becomes reality in the Multi Player.
[/QUOTE]
Isn't
Skelzor the skeleton they got the dagger from in Borneo?

I've been called a 360 fanboy multiple times by my many PS3 friend because I play everything on the 360... BUT this game, this SERIES is awesome. I'm only about 4 hours in, from one play through last night and the Naughty Dog hit it out the park again.

Still my favorite PS3 series and here's hoping that Ratchet & Clank will be awesome again as well! Bout time I start using my PS3 again. :D

[quote name='nbballard']found a glitch :(
during the heart of ice sequence, when you have to move from one big gear to the other (after the arm bridge breaks), instead of just hopping over onto the other gear, I jumped into it, and got stuck inside it...
[/QUOTE]
Yea, I found that same one. Another repetable glitch I found:
in the train yard as soon as you zipline down (and drake runs against the wall and pushes himself off) there is a cart that is blocking the door. You have to push the cart to be able to open the door. A prompt comes up that tells you to move the analog stick and press circle, if you stop pushing as soon as you have enough space (not all the way) the analog stick prompt wont leave the screen.

This game does have a bunch of bugs. Including the floating grenades in Multiplayer.

Is anyine having a hard time playing the multiplayer? When ever i join a game it kicks me out about 2 min in, is says server error. I am confused because the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta worked fine for me. anyone else having this problem,any suggestions?

[quote name='BennyWii']Is anyine having a hard time playing the multiplayer? When ever i join a game it kicks me out about 2 min in, is says server error. I am confused because the Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta worked fine for me. anyone else having this problem,any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing it is your PS3 not your game. Go to your PS3 Network settings and disable your media server connection. That should do it.

[quote name='dizee']Got Platinum[/QUOTE]
Grats man. Just a few more chapters on crushing to go for me. I'm finding the game pretty easy to breeze through on the second play-through.

I just remembered another glitch I had on first er second run-thru. After the puzzle with the blocks and you are about to fight ppl, I stealthed the first guy then magically ended halfway up the building you drop from. I just continued as normal, tho.

The only glitch I have seen is when I killed a enemy with a grenade, he went FLYING like 200 yards. This has happened like two or three times. It is pretty funny when you see it, but its clearly a glitch.

"HE'S ALIVE!!!"...calming music continues, as well as enemy AI routes. Yeah, that's a glitch, but I don't care since it benefits me.

Up to Chapter 19 now. DarknessBear thinks it's really hard, but I never really had that many problems with it.

I bet it has glitches because of losing that 1 month of development time. I'm glad they moved it up to avoid MW2 instead of delaying it like every other game was. Way too many games were delayed to early 2010 and a lot of them will still not be able to avoid MW2 and now each other. I expect more delays.

Anyone else experience a glitch where if you get killed by a grenade immediately after spawning, upon spawning again the screen basically has a seizure and you're unable to move for ~5 seconds? Had this happen twice to me last night.

Other than that, it seems like Naughty Dog needs to do more to explain how to play objective-based modes.

Perhaps this has already been mentioned: the world of Uncharted 2 is a BBQer's paradise. Propane tanks are always available.

The only glitch I have seen so far is a dude stuck in a truck. I just shot him and ended his misery.

I can't get enough of this game. It's fantastic.

I just beat the game. I loved it. Totally amazing.

Do weapon kills transfer from difficulty to difficulty? I'm going to play on Hard to unlock Crushing. Also is it ok to overwrite my normal difficulty save when I'm playing on hard? I won't lose anything right?

Last edited:
[quote name='TruthinessFC']Anyone else experience a glitch where if you get killed by a grenade immediately after spawning, upon spawning again the screen basically has a seizure and you're unable to move for ~5 seconds? Had this happen twice to me last night.[/QUOTE]

I also experienced that glitch as well. My whole screeen was flickering for a couple of seconds. I really didn't know what was going on at that time. I was playing at 'the plaza' map btw.

It's not that big of a deal is it? Most of the glitches and freezing issues I've seen are pretty minor. I had it freeze once while accessing the Treasures page, and my PS3 crashed when trying to go back to the XMB from the game once. Other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

I'm up to Chapter 23 on Crushing now. I'll probably finish the game the next time I put it in.

Just had a glitch with a missing wall when I managed to bypass a scene by going through it through an alternate path than the developers had intended. This is right after
Elena and Drake split up in the snowy village and the soldiers first come across the Yeti. Although you can kill the initial four soldiers, no additional waves will come and the well you've got a missing wall you can fall through.

[quote name='Blackout']I just beat the game. I loved it. Totally amazing.

Do weapon kills transfer from difficulty to difficulty? I'm going to play on Hard to unlock Crushing. Also is it ok to overwrite my normal difficulty save when I'm playing on hard? I won't lose anything right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the kills will carry over. I made a separate save just to be safe but all my stats from normal were still there when I started hard.

In a perfect world, I would piss my pants in anticipation of this game getting to my mailbox. I've rarely seen this much universal praise for a video game from everyday players. GTAIV got rave reviews from journalists, but it didn't take longer for detractors to appear. I haven't seen anything below 'exceptional' from gamers online, yet.

I think this generation of systems is finally starting to hit its stride.

Uncharted 2 Review

The game is definitely worth getting and playing but it definitely doesn't finish as strongly as it opens. There is never any resolution as to where some of the baddies come from. There is a strong lack of set pieces past the train level which results in the second half of the game becoming mostly repetitive.

Really once you get to the Heart of Ice levels, the game basically becomes Prince of Persia with gunplay. Climb. Climb. Climb. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Climb. Climb. Climb. Climb. Climb. Climb. There are no awesome set pieces in the second half of the game. At all.

I think it's overwhelmingly clear that the developers ran out of time to make this game and sacrificed the second half of the game to make a really strong opening half. Character arcs are handled poorly for anyone not named Drake and Elena. Chloe and Flynn, although interesting and charismatic at the start, end up becoming caricatures by the end of the game.

And the main villain is the worst kind of bad guy there is. No character arc. No decent resolution. I mean the developers want us to dislike the guy because he started an assault on Nepal, but Naughty Dog really didn't have the heart to go all the way through and really make us hate the guy. In the end he just becomes rambling, screaming cliche and I think from the boss battle, everyone should be able to agree on that.

Overall if this is the game of the year, I can see why, but really, in this stage of the industry, it shouldn't be.

This is a great game, i just love it to death. The campaign was great and i'm really enjoying the multiplayer. And I read a blog article on kotaku about Naughty Dog doing dlc and i began to think of maps that would be sweet.

The Train
part of the game was one of my favorite parts of the campaign. And to think if they could make a map out of that part it'd be too sweet. It wouldn't have to be as long though as the campaign, but maybe 8-9 cars. And one could do so much on this map. you could climb around outside, go on top or inside of the car. It would be a real close quarters battle.

And from the first game, the very last chapters the church stuck out for me as a very intense battle and i thought that'd be sweet as a multi map. they could redesign it a bit so you could get to the top easier and be shooting at ppl hiding down below.

And characters from the first game as dlc, I'd love to see that. But this is an awesome game and I can't wait to platinum it. :bouncy:

The most annoying thing about online games: Getting kicked/dc'ed when you are doing well. Ugh...

I was on this team and we were playing against all these high levels and I was doing awesome and we were about to win and then I got disconnected... ugh, worst thing ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
About to finish up my hard play through, I'm on chapter 22. I wish I had just played on this difficulty from the start so I wouldn't have to go through it a third time on crushing.

There are a lot of great lines in this game, some of which I've never heard for a second time.

Drake: "Get off my train!"

I've only heard that line once, and I'll be damned if I know how to hear it again. Oh, and I got the Platinum Trophy around 4:30am.

anybody else preorder the game from Amazon and realized that the treasure map is a pile of shit showing only the first 6 treasures in the game? lol

Was a huge 770+mb download too. What the eff Amazon.

I just finished the Campaign on Normal and I have to say that it is by far the best gaming experience I've ever had. The writing was better than most movies I've seen and the way the plot unfolded had me playing for far longer than I had planned in each sitting. I'm going to take a break and let myself recharge, but I'm going to go back and definitely at least beat it again on hard. If you have a PS3 and don't have this game, shame on you.

[quote name='imascrub']anybody else preorder the game from Amazon and realized that the treasure map is a pile of shit showing only the first 6 treasures in the game? lol

Was a huge 770+mb download too. What the eff Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yup and here I was thinking I just downloaded a movie or something. I could just get this shit off gamefaqs.

[quote name='imascrub']anybody else preorder the game from Amazon and realized that the treasure map is a pile of shit showing only the first 6 treasures in the game? lol

Yeah. :lol: Between this and the money the Killzone 2 outfits (for Home, not ingame) were (are?) fetching on eBay, i'm going to start saving and selling my amazon exclusive whatever codes in the future.

wow that pretty much sucks. i swear they said it would show you where every treasure was but only 6? wtf is the point though having something that showed you all of them would have been an awesome extra. damn things are tricky as hell to find i thought i was doing good until i looked at the faq and noticed id missed at least 4 or 5 of them.

[quote name='TruthinessFC']Anyone else experience a glitch where if you get killed by a grenade immediately after spawning, upon spawning again the screen basically has a seizure and you're unable to move for ~5 seconds? Had this happen twice to me last night.

Other than that, it seems like Naughty Dog needs to do more to explain how to play objective-based modes.[/QUOTE]

the only glitch ive experienced so far was
on that section where you jump from truck to truck. i umped on the hood of one of the trucks and fell inside of it. i could shoot from inside of it up couldnt jump out but everything went back to normal after i died when the ruck i was stuck in rearended another.

[quote name='nbballard']I'm stuck on a medal- What's the best way to kill 5 guys with 1 explosion?[/QUOTE]

There are a few parts on the game where you'll get enemies clumped together, specifically when they start to invade a certain area and are all coming from the same location/direction. You just basically have to toss a lucky grenade. There really isn't a whole lot of strategy involved.

[quote name='SEH']There are a few parts on the game where you'll get enemies clumped together, specifically when they start to invade a certain area and are all coming from the same location/direction. You just basically have to toss a lucky grenade. There really isn't a whole lot of strategy involved.[/QUOTE]

I was just planning on using the RPG or the hammer.. I tried to do it in the monastery. There is a place where a group of guys runs down a bridge, and then attempt to cross a narrow plank. They bottle neck right there. I tried it 2 or 3 times with the RPG, and i KNOW i killed 5 guys with the 2nd attempt, but it didn't trigger.

Yeah, you can't imagine how disappointed I was when I read after redeeming the code that is was a treasure map showing locations for "some" of the in-game treasures and then downloading and installing it to see it only covers the first 6 treasures!!! Yeah, I think the Amazon description was VERY misleading. Granted I only ordered from Amazon because it turned out the cheapest with Goldbox + ECA discounts.

Yeah, terrible preorder bonus. Couldn't believe something of that size was such a piece of crap. Another bad thing is having to load it up like a regular game.

It just doesn't make any sense.. They give you 6 treasures... That's a really random number... and it's not like the first map had 6 treasures, they had to go into chapter 2 to get the last one of the group.. It just doesn't make sense...

Maybe it'll get released in the store in a few weeks in a more complete form.

just beat the game...what a great experience.
Demon yetis? WTF!
lol some of the entries in Drake's notebook were pretty damn funny. The many faces of (goddamn) Sullivan..hahah. Those yetis though were a bit creepy the way they moved about, but not as creepy as the "slippery naked guys" from the first game lol

[quote name='KingBroly']
I've only heard that line once, and I'll be damned if I know how to hear it again. Oh, and I got the Platinum Trophy around 4:30am.[/QUOTE]

i got a few more chapters on crushing. i can't find treasures for the life of me. any resources that you used?

So I just played the third co-op mission, Sanctuary, which I didn't think existed. That thing's hard, but it's still really fun. It was on Normal, though. I also played Survival, which is also fun. I once again submit that Naughty Dog needs more co-op missions in this game. I gained A LOT of cash in Survival mode, 2 levels worth in fact.

I still don't know how to unlock Crushing for Co-op, though.

bread's done
Back