Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

the characters move way too fast not really enjoying that part because now aiming seems kind of pointless now. i also think they altered the aim of the heavy weapons ( hammer, rpg) seems like it could be lower or something not to mention the hammer shots suck and it takes a second or 2 more for them to knockdown your opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Panther1484']Played a couple hours last night and I was a little disappointed in how the sniper plays. Takes a lot of shots to take guys down. Also how are there guys who have levels in the 50s after one day? I still have hopes for improvement though.[/QUOTE]

I thought the level cap for this "beta" was 35? I played for a few hours last night and didn't see anybody higher than that. Doesn't seem like it will take that long to hit 35 anyway. I checked several level 35 players' stats and they only had around 12 hours played.

[quote name='Killbomb']I thought the level cap for this "beta" was 35? I played for a few hours last night and didn't see anybody higher than that. Doesn't seem like it will take that long to hit 35 anyway. I checked several level 35 players' stats and they only had around 12 hours played.[/QUOTE]

if thats true then im almost done. tired of seeing those stupid subway treasures everytime i open a chest.

Not liking the mp so far. Seems like people move faster than in U2 and have more health. Maybe it's because I don't have any upgrades for my gun so I'm just missing a lot.

[quote name='Panther1484']Played a couple hours last night and I was a little disappointed in how the sniper plays. Takes a lot of shots to take guys down. Also how are there guys who have levels in the 50s after one day? I still have hopes for improvement though.[/QUOTE]
Didn't they have out a mp beta a couple of months ago for a bit that ended? I'm pretty sure I played(and hated) that one since it was some sort of game requiring you to grab a treasure n lug it back to wherever to score points.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Not liking the mp so far. Seems like people move faster than in U2 and have more health. Maybe it's because I don't have any upgrades for my gun so I'm just missing a lot.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you theyre definelty faster and it takes alot to kill people.

[quote name='8bitArtist']how will they steal the multiplayer? your code is only good till oct 31st. NDs facebook page was giving away codes and encouraged game sharing them.[/QUOTE]

I figured they were able to give half the game free for an entire month was because of the money made through the promotion. If ND is encouraging game sharing them then maybe it's only Subway getting fucked.

Anyone else having freezing issues with the beta? For some reason it seems to freeze whenever i XMB in the game, or when i try to join a party.

No idea why, my PS3 Slim is barely a year old

the level cap is 35

[quote name='Cerebral_One']I figured they were able to give half the game free for an entire month was because of the money made through the promotion. If ND is encouraging game sharing them then maybe it's only Subway getting fucked.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I'm probably going to go to Subway a few times and I never do... I love this promo. I want more codes for the goodies. :lol:

[quote name='Panther1484']Played a couple hours last night and I was a little disappointed in how the sniper plays. Takes a lot of shots to take guys down.[/QUOTE]

The T-Bolt Sniper is a one shot kill and can be found on the map. The Dragon takes two shots to the body to kill someone and one shot to the head. So i don't know how you figured that to be "a lot of shots". Also, you can spawn with the Dragon so it would be kinda dumb if it was a one shot kill weapon.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Not liking the mp so far. Seems like people move faster than in U2 and have more health. Maybe it's because I don't have any upgrades for my gun so I'm just missing a lot.[/QUOTE]

I personally like the high health, it reminds me of UC2 before they patched it. But i have a feeling ND will lower it down the line because I've been hearing a lot of people complain about how hard it is to kill someone. Although i agree with you on the sprint. It's a little too fast and i think it replenishes too fast as well.

[quote name='$hady']Don't like the MP at all but hey I didn't like part 2's either...

Here is a cup code for someone to try it out: 476YZLFA[/QUOTE]Thanks, but apparently a lurker got it. Going to subway anyway, but was hoping to play a little tonite.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i really dont like the grenade throwing animation. it was good in u2 where you could quick drop it. you cant do that now.[/QUOTE]

grenades are useless now until you get the quick bomb where it explodes on impact. seems like they got rid of the clusterbomb as well ( if this is the final mp) and nerfed the hammer bigtime but of all the weapons i like the sawed off shotgun.

holy shit and that subway train level is comeplete shit its worse than the first part of the airfield ( which is still shit) but i noticed they dialed back the darkness on that desert level ( where the storm rolls in).

if this is what the mp experience will be like im gonna askip u3 till it goes goty.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i really dont like the grenade throwing animation. it was good in u2 where you could quick drop it. you cant do that now.[/QUOTE]

I've had to adjust my play style because of that. I use to toss a grenade as I was about to go down.

they didnt get rid of the clusterbomb, its probably just a booster thats higher than level 35 which is the cap. theres still going to be negative perks and all that other shit once you get to the higher levels.

I think they need a Happy Gilmore character skin for this game. Beat people over the head with a footlong cold cut combo. Every time he gets a kill he'd say "The Price is Wrong, Bitch!"

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anyone else having freezing issues with the beta? For some reason it seems to freeze whenever i XMB in the game, or when i try to join a party.
[/QUOTE]I'm not having it... I got two friends who do. One is down to sometimes doing it while my other friend hasn't reported back to me. (I just see him playing the BF 3 beta so I suspect its still broken.)

If you try an alt account you should be fine... It seems to be a profile problem on ND end. (Nothing you can delete can fix it.)

I've played more MP... It pretty much blows.

Blindfire is more accurate than aiming. People move way too fast for the health system. The lack of stopping power in keeping people from sprinting up on you is unforgivable. Lag is becoming more predominant as more foreigners find codes. (Nothing you can do, or so do, about the latter other than getting better net code... but I'm sure its way too late now.)

Sadly, the previous beta was near perfect...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM'] The lack of stopping power in keeping people from sprinting up on you is unforgivable.[/QUOTE]

you know, i really wasnt a fan of slowing down as you were getting shot in uncharted 2, but now, it needs to come back ASAP. people running through your aimed gunfire while blind firing to melee you... i feel like im playing bad company 2.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you know, i really wasnt a fan of slowing down as you were getting shot in uncharted 2, but now, it needs to come back ASAP. people running through your aimed gunfire while blind firing to melee you... i feel like im playing bad company 2.[/QUOTE]
I feel like I'm playing the original Gears of War because no one even stops to actually aim at you. :lol:

Does anyone know PSN+ members will be getting U3 MP early? I don't have a Subway code yet...

Edit, another question...

What's the difference between Subway's MP and the beta code that came with Socom 4 game? Are they the same thing?

has anyone gotten the cooler weapons? I only got talbot's machine pistol. its frustrating at how rare treasure drops are. when i do find one, i end up getting subway junk. i have at least five subway coins.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I'm not having it... I got two friends who do. One is down to sometimes doing it while my other friend hasn't reported back to me. (I just see him playing the BF 3 beta so I suspect its still broken.)

If you try an alt account you should be fine... It seems to be a profile problem on ND end. (Nothing you can delete can fix it.)

I've played more MP... It pretty much blows.

Blindfire is more accurate than aiming. People move way too fast for the health system. The lack of stopping power in keeping people from sprinting up on you is unforgivable. Lag is becoming more predominant as more foreigners find codes. (Nothing you can do, or so do, about the latter other than getting better net code... but I'm sure its way too late now.)

Sadly, the previous beta was near perfect...[/QUOTE]

thats why ive been spamming the sawed off shotgun of late. fuck it im tired of asshole running up on me and blidfiring me from behind the sawed off takes care of that shit and it reminds me of cypress hill.

that new long gun is useless too id be amazed if anyone could use it and aim with it.

after trying this new beta i see can understand how people get so annoyed when companies make drastic changes to games to appeal to a broader audience. i get its all about business and making money but damn why not just throw in a bitch mode for those kinds of gamers that way those who want a challenge dont get screwed over.

I would kinda like to get this now that i know battlefield is crap but i know with the way they constantly tweak there game the multiplayer just won't be worth it. It is good to have lots of health but i know they will lower it and change just about everything else in the game. Kinda sad to see such potential wasted.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does anyone know PSN+ members will be getting U3 MP early? I don't have a Subway code yet...[/QUOTE]Outside of NA? Its happening slowly but surely... If you're in the states you're going to have to find a subway code.

[quote name='lokizz']thats why ive been spamming the sawed off shotgun of late. fuck it im tired of asshole running up on me and blidfiring me from behind the sawed off takes care of that shit and it reminds me of cypress hill.[/QUOTE]I've had some really poor luck with the shotguns in UC3. I rarely, if ever, pick them up.

I can see the appeal of using them though...

ND posted on their forum that they are investigating (let me quote this to make sure I get it right) "Balancing issues with Sprint and Blindfire."

I'm honestly shocked by this response... Its like they didn't test this shit out at all. Don't they have mandatory MP play sessions...?

Seriously, I think this beta where playing right now should have been released on April 1st as a horrible but funny joke on their fans...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Outside of NA? Its happening slowly but surely... If you're in the states you're going to have to find a subway code.

I've had some really poor luck with the shotguns in UC3. I rarely, if ever, pick them up.

I can see the appeal of using them though...

ND posted on their forum that they are investigating (let me quote this to make sure I get it right) "Balancing issues with Sprint and Blindfire."

I'm honestly shocked by this response... Its like they didn't test this shit out at all. Don't they have mandatory MP play sessions...?

Seriously, I think this beta where playing right now should have been released on April 1st as a horrible but funny joke on their fans...[/QUOTE]

they never want to admit when theyve screwed things up they did it with u2 mp and now with this one. its pretty sad when the first u3 beta is better than whats supposed to be the final mp product.

and yes this current mp is a joke but the majority of u mp fans arent laughing. im gonna keep playing to see if it improves but if it stays as is im passing on this one till later next year.

[quote name='lokizz']and yes this current mp is a joke but the majority of u mp fans arent laughing. im gonna keep playing to see if it improves but if it stays as is im passing on this one till later next year.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what I'm doing... I got PS3 only owning family and one of them gets sick from FPS so we pretty much have to play 3PS... I guess I'm just hoping they fix it as I don't want another SOCOM 4 were I buy it only to find out we're back to playing UC2.

you know, the first u2 beta was almost perfection. then they messed it up with all those tweaks. now the first u3 beta was pretty awesome, just needed some fixes and it just seems like they threw it all out the window for something else. i just dont get it.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you know, the first u2 beta was almost perfection. then they messed it up with all those tweaks. now the first u3 beta was pretty awesome, just needed some fixes and it just seems like they threw it all out the window for something else. i just dont get it.[/QUOTE]

they want to appeal to a bigger crowd so if you make it play more mainstream maybe more people will buy it who normall wouldnt? i can see alot of u2 fans passing on this at least until a price drop if it stays as is upon release.

i remember in the first u3 beta you could shoot the shotgun while in the air now you can but its so slow and theres always ths strange stall between when you kill someone and they finally die and drop.

the hammer is useless ive shot those thing and peoples feet only to see them lay on the ground for a few and then finally blow up.

[quote name='lokizz']they want to appeal to a bigger crowd so if you make it play more mainstream maybe more people will buy it who normall wouldnt? i can see alot of u2 fans passing on this at least until a price drop if it stays as is upon release. [/QUOTE]but they aren't going to capture the CoD crowed (Lets not lie to each other here its who they want) by removing the L1 button from the game... At least I don't see how the CoD crowed could be intrigued by that.

Anyhow, I'm on break right now but I'll be online again this morning... (till about 1030 CST) So If someone wants to party up (preferably with a mic) I would love the company. (Misery in all.)

I still have fun, but glad to hear that what I was thinking is true in terms of the weapons. I have played so much Uncharted MP... and now when I grab a shotgun or pistole, I might as well be signing up for death. They used to always be worth something... now I lose with them every time.

Weapons balance is way off.

Pretty bummed that the co-op MP stuff is not in this "beta" or whatever mode it is we're suffering through. I LOVED playing alongside other people against the AI, not strictly against other players. The team-based modes are fine, but everyone is just so damn gung-ho about mowing you down, they're not as fun as I thought they would be...

Still will pick up the game for the SP and co-op stuff, just maybe not right away (with Black Friday on the horizon).

anyone else like the uncharted 2 mp maps better than these? in the u2 maps, things were pretty much a mirror image of themselves on both sides. now with how the new maps are, there is pretty much no real place to hide. which in turns makes everyone run around like a chicken with their head cut off blind firing away. theres no strategy at all.

i read somewhere that you're stats in this subway beta will carry over to the final mp. anyone know if your treasures will transfer too?

[quote name='8bitArtist']anyone else like the uncharted 2 mp maps better than these? in the u2 maps, things were pretty much a mirror image of themselves on both sides. now with how the new maps are, there is pretty much no real place to hide. which in turns makes everyone run around like a chicken with their head cut off blind firing away. theres no strategy at all.[/QUOTE]

guns are nerfed bigtime i was using an m9 last night aimig my shots and kept dying at the hand sof people just running and blind firing. health is too high and the long guns are weak and some of the levels are shit.

the one where theres a desert storm is very fucked up as is the beginning of the subway.

The mp to this game isn't bad, but overall I liked the mp to Uncharted 2 better. This one feels like most other games and they have made it more

competitive. Which is a good thing for most people and I'll still play it, but overall I like Uncharted 2 mp better. I know I'm weird and doubt many agree.

I really love it so far; I would say it's a lot harder to just pick up and play than the second one though. I wonder how many maps are going to be on the disc? I really hope it's not just those five. Right now I'm level 25.

I am now level 10 and I have to say I am done with this game. I like the idea of the multiplayer but this is terrible. Health is way to high and hit detection is all fucked up and it seems to be even worse on objective based game types. I liked one map and the rest are pretty mediocre. The dessert map is by far the worse, there is hardly any spots on that map where you can spawn and not be in the sight of someone from the enemy team. I am going to play the campaign but that is going to take a while since I haven't even played the first one.

[quote name='8bitArtist']anyone else like the uncharted 2 mp maps better than these? in the u2 maps, things were pretty much a mirror image of themselves on both sides. now with how the new maps are, there is pretty much no real place to hide. which in turns makes everyone run around like a chicken with their head cut off blind firing away. theirs no strategy at all.[/QUOTE]

I still think my favorite maps are all UC2 maps... These maps remind me of UC2 DLC maps which are absolute crap. (I play plunder allot so I can tell you which maps have an unfair advantage.)

Anyhow, having been added to the list of people whose primary account now locks their PS3 up for now good reason I find myself using an alt account to play with family and the game has just gotten absolutely worse... Its scary how much your booster/mods make the game better... (but still crap)

And, as much as it pains me to say... I don't see this games MP making a comeback.

Oh, and if someone thinks there skill needed in this game... I went 21-12 with the KAL-7 and never once hit the L1 button to aim. Oh and my accuracy for that round was... 47.8%

Just freaking stupid and undefended. :booty:

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I still think my favorite maps are all UC2 maps... These maps remind me of UC2 DLC maps which are absolute crap. (I play plunder allot so I can tell you which maps have an unfair advantage.)

Anyhow, having been added to the list of people whose primary account now locks their PS3 up for now good reason I find myself using an alt account to play with family and the game has just gotten absolutely worse... Its scary how much your booster/mods make the game better... (but still crap)

And, as much as it pains me to say... I don't see this games MP making a comeback.

Oh, and if someone thinks there skill needed in this game... I went 21-12 with the KAL-7 and never once hit the L1 button to aim. Oh and my accuracy for that round was... 47.8%

Just freaking stupid and undefended. :booty:[/QUOTE]

i havent played plunder on these new maps at all and im really hesitant too. plunder was nice with u2 cuz like i said, the maps were even for the most part. these will clearly have an advantage from one side to the next. i havent played the mp in 3 days and i really have no desire to and if i do ever play it again, it will be on hardcore with no boosters... but i fear even then people wont really aim their gun.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i havent played plunder on these new maps at all and im really hesitant too. plunder was nice with u2 cuz like i said, the maps were even for the most part. these will clearly have an advantage from one side to the next. i havent played the mp in 3 days and i really have no desire to and if i do ever play it again, it will be on hardcore with no boosters... but i fear even then people wont really aim their gun.[/QUOTE]

ive never been a fan of plunder but i tried it in u3 beta 2 and it sucks because again everyone just runs around blindfiring like mad and if you try to aim and shoot a long gun youre dead before you know it. no strategt just run shoot run shoot. until i hear theyve made changes im done with u3 no point in being so pissed off i almost throw my controller.

though i did try u2 today and shit it was perfect comparatively.

I feel like the mechanics in Uncharted 2 mp were great, I don't know why they tweaked it. Stuff like the amount of health, the grenades, aiming/accuracy, etc, it all felt right.

As for the maps, it seems like in U3 they wanted to emphasize the vertical/climbing aspects and maybe that's why they increased the health, so you're less of a sitting duck while climbing. I agree though, overall the maps aren't too great, especially the first part of those 2 part maps like the train. And I played Yemen for the first time and it's just terrible.

[quote name='lokizz']ive never been a fan of plunder but i tried it in u3 beta 2 and it sucks because again everyone just runs around blindfiring like mad and if you try to aim and shoot a long gun youre dead before you know it. no strategt just run shoot run shoot. until i hear theyve made changes im done with u3 no point in being so pissed off i almost throw my controller.

though i did try u2 today and shit it was perfect comparatively.[/QUOTE]

if youre carrying the idol, you can melee with it now and its a 1 hit kill no matter what. that MIGHT make plunder a little more tolerable, but not by much.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']New update. Haven't tried it yet myself, but hopefully stopping power keeps the blind fire melee combo to a minimum.[/QUOTE]Played it for a few hours this morning (all the time I had for gaming) even after I told my Uncharted buddies I was going to take a break from that broken game today... (My gears ranking is slacking.)

I still have complaints but all seem to be minor now... It plays like Uncharted should for the most part now and I think for the first time since the beta started I feel like I had fun playing the beta.

Note: No freezing on my primary account today so I'm not sure what its like without the various attachments.

That said I worked on leveling up boosters today so I didn't play any outright powerful combinations today... (I will never get my Daredevil booster leveled... I cannot remember to taunt.)

Oh, and my team decimated another team in Team Deathmatch. 25-3 just on the train section of London Underground.

bread's done
Back