Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

Yeah, I've only been on the handing end of one power play, I've been lucky enough to have the rest handed to me. They really can change the tide of the match.

The other team during one match got 3 of them, still won 50-29. ;)

just play hardcore

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I was referring the the business end of a PP someone else got. That's why he's bashing them - because us who are good enough demolish players like him[/QUOTE]

you arent going to demolish someone with a rpg. stfu

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I was referring the the business end of a PP someone else got. That's why he's bashing them - because us who are good enough demolish players like him[/QUOTE]

Why would he complain if he's benefiting from them?

I've already said that power plays are complete bullshit. It rewards bad, casual players who aren't good at the game. I could understand a smaller advantage like extra ammo or maybe a bottomless clip, but double damage? Turning everyone into skeletons and then turning friendly fire on? They're ridiculous.

I'm not sure what it does but reading Gamestop's exclusive perk it sounds like complete bullshit too.

Regardless, I'm usually the top player on my team, so I'm happy about that, and I think the game and all of its new elements will be fantastic in the final product

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Regardless, I'm usually the top player on my team, so I'm happy about that, and I think the game and all of its new elements will be fantastic in the final product[/QUOTE]

Top player going 11-6 is nothing to be happy about.

[quote name='Trakan']Top player going 11-6 is nothing to be happy about.[/QUOTE]

exactly. just means his team is of below average to average players

finally got to level 25 wasnt as hard as i thought itd be. btw when it comes to getting the stuff for completeing 10 or 5 of certain matches do you have to win said matches or do you just have to finish the game?

[quote name='Cerebral_One']There needs to be a meter for your sprint time.

The kickback button should be changed to the down arrow and the high five button to the up arrow.

Power play ruins the game. They added too much stuff and the normal game is not fun anymore because of it. Once it starts getting good it's turned into a mess by power play and some of the kickbacks. I would've preferred 16 player matches with more weapons and types of grenades and no power play at all unless there was only one type of power play per match.

The paid boosters should be removed, it makes it unbalanced.

It reminds me of Shadowrun for 360. Too much superfluous crap.[/QUOTE]

power plays are worthless imo i never notice them except for those ones that have an enemy or ally show up and you can protect them. outside of those the only other one i noticed was the cursed one that seems to have been removed.

i think the one thing peopel will really hate is overtime.

[quote name='Trakan']Top player going 11-6 is nothing to be happy about.[/QUOTE]

The best I ever did was 17:3 in U2, but when I'm top player in a match with less than 2x kills to deaths, I'm happy. I only have 2 days a week to play games, so I'm not an OCD person who must perfect everything.

K/D has taken a great turn for the better since I started doing Hardcore. 16/4 and 18/9 are the best, 13/10 is the last one I did.

I like the HP where it is. I prefer a game where you can take some damage and have a chance to fight back or escape instead of basically who sees who first. I think the Power Plays would be ok if it was 30 seconds instead of 60. Also, they should NEVER come up when a team has less than 10 kills to win. As for kickbacks and paid boosters...most people are probably only going to get a kickback once or maybe twice a match and I can see the paid boosters MAYBE being a problem when someone has bought everything else and has a ton of money left over. I don't think any of them are game breaking though.

I would prefer if you had to pick up weapons and grenades with triangle still. As it is now I don't even pay much attention to where grenades or ammo is anymore. Maybe some of that is due to 1 grenade as default and just running into ammo without searching, which makes it kind of pointless. I loved U2's game play of trying to grab nades/weapons with triangle before someone else, I haven't seen any of that in U3.

No. I don't like power plays because they completely change the game play during matches. PP's reward both teams, see what I wrote below. If it was something such as extra ammo or bottomless clip like Trakan mentioned, it would be a lot better.

Overtime, matches more of what you're saying because someone who's good should be able to beat anyone who's bad when it hits overtime.

[quote name='Amblix']Yeah, I've only been on the handing end of one power play, I've been lucky enough to have the rest handed to me. They really can change the tide of the match.

The other team during one match got 3 of them, still won 50-29. ;)[/QUOTE]

I read that when the other team gets a power play for them, the team without the power play gets double $ or something for kills. So power plays reward both teams, but destroy the, current match, game play.

[quote name='Killbomb']I like the HP where it is. I prefer a game where you can take some damage and have a chance to fight back or escape instead of basically who sees who first. I think the Power Plays would be ok if it was 30 seconds instead of 60. Also, they should NEVER come up when a team has less than 10 kills to win. As for kickbacks and paid boosters...most people are probably only going to get a kickback once or maybe twice a match and I can see the paid boosters MAYBE being a problem when someone has bought everything else and has a ton of money left over. I don't think any of them are game breaking though.[/QUOTE]

Agree about HP. RE kickbacks, I've gotten at least 3 in a match a few times. I guess kick backs aren't that bad once you get used to them in the game.

Does the movement feel more sluggish compared to U2 for anyone else? I don't know how to describe it but it feels a lot less fluid.

they need to limit PPs to teams being down AT LEAST by 10 kills. ive already had the other team be down by only 7 kills and get one.

also, with ones that double damage or let the other team see your position, they need to be nerfed to either 30 seconds or 45 seconds. not 60 seconds. going to get to the point where a double damage comes up, ill just hide and camp somewhere until it goes away.

Is it me or did they remove the weapons automatically targeting opponents when you're within melee range?

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Does the movement feel more sluggish compared to U2 for anyone else? I don't know how to describe it but it feels a lot less fluid.[/QUOTE]

Ya they slowed the movement down due to including the ability to sprint. The game feels awfully slow now. They should make it the same speed as it was in U2 or at least get it pretty close and maybe make sprint faster without it screwing up the frame rate. I also noticed that melee kills seem to reach farther than in U2 (too far imo) and there is a longer pause between shooting shotgun and the death animation, feels/looks strange.

Im loving the Dragon Sniper+Arm Mini (Or whatever that Uzi is called) combo :D. Though, i feel like im getting a lot of rage directed at me for constantly Shoryuken'ing over the body's of people i killed for extra ammo.

I'm pretty disappointed by the multiplayer so far. I loved Uncharted 2 MP, but this feels so slow and the climbing mechanics aren't worked out yet, so I've been having a lot of trouble. That and I can't figure out why grenades seems to explode so quick sometimes. I really hope the final product is WAY better than this

Wow, this multiplayer is amazing.
Can't wait for the actual game!

And what does the Facebook stuff do? I can't get mine to connect. Gull!

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Agree about HP. RE kickbacks, I've gotten at least 3 in a match a few times. I guess kick backs aren't that bad once you get used to them in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see getting 3 if you're using one that only requires 7 medals. I use RPG which takes 14 and I've gotten it twice a few times but never 3.

[quote name='8bitArtist']they need to limit PPs to teams being down AT LEAST by 10 kills. ive already had the other team be down by only 7 kills and get one.

also, with ones that double damage or let the other team see your position, they need to be nerfed to either 30 seconds or 45 seconds. not 60 seconds. going to get to the point where a double damage comes up, ill just hide and camp somewhere until it goes away.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this. I think EVERY Power Play should be no more than 30 seconds though. The timing of them can be bad too as I posted earlier. Had a team get one when the score was low 40s to mid 30s and that is way too late since the Power Play can decide the winner or loser.

The movement feels fine to me. It has been a while since I played UC2 though. One thing they really need to do is ADD STATS! It really sucks not being able to see my K/D or W/L records.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Wow, this multiplayer is amazing.
Can't wait for the actual game!

And what does the Facebook stuff do? I can't get mine to connect. Gull![/QUOTE]

It's turned off for now due to errors.

If its on you can use your Facebook friends list on top of PSN friends list to find people to play with.

[quote name='lokizz']finally got to level 25 wasnt as hard as i thought itd be. btw when it comes to getting the stuff for completeing 10 or 5 of certain matches do you have to win said matches or do you just have to finish the game?[/QUOTE]

I believe complete for competitive, but unsure about coop. I just went with win all 10 matches to make sure and finishing all 10 waves in coop before the time limit expires. As for the level cap, you can still keep progressing since I've seen others 30+ (including myself). However, you do not get any new unlocks.

[quote name='Supplice']I believe complete for competitive, but unsure about coop. I just went with win all 10 matches to make sure and finishing all 10 waves in coop before the time limit expires. As for the level cap, you can still keep progressing since I've seen others 30+ (including myself). However, you do not get any new unlocks.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about the level cap thing since I saw a level 26 earlier tonight. It's cool that you can keep going past 25 even though it's just a number.

A few things that have nagged me so far...

Damage, is near Halo/Gears damage needed to kill some one, definately nothing like Uncharted 2's. Needs to be lowered a bit, even with the bullet damage paid booster it takes a ridiculous amount of shots to kill someone.

Power Plays should be limited to 2 a match maximum for either side.

How the fuck do all the level 25+ players magically shit grenades out of there asses and lfing them behind them a bood 40 feet? Can we make this an earlier level booster?

The heroes get a huge advantage at the start of air strip. I love the scenario shit, but the villians are at a pretty bad disadvantage (imagine fat kid at top of hill in school). Put some positions on the back ramp where the villains can at least take cover, widen the side entrances and put a food cart there or something, give them a fucking chance to get in the fucking plane.

Oh and since i'm on the subject, don't give the villains a random ass fucking spawn in front of the cover position in the back of the plane, because instant deaths are so fucking fun!

[quote name='Amblix']
The heroes get a huge advantage at the start of air strip. I love the scenario shit, but the villians are at a pretty bad disadvantage (imagine fat kid at top of hill in school). Put some positions on the back ramp where the villains can at least take cover, widen the side entrances and put a food cart there or something, give them a fucking chance to get in the fucking plane.[/QUOTE]

I will respectfully disagree with you here. Mainly because I've had at least three games where I start off on the terrorist side and rack up three or four kills to start the match. Since the hero side is usually looking towards the back of the plane or there's only one person guarding a side door, making it easy to flank and wreck them. And sometimes they'll respawn right in front of you in the plane... which is weird but it happens.

I really like that whole map scenario thing like you said but they need to work out the little issues like that.

I don't know what to think of power plays either. A lot of people are complaining about it and I tend to agree with them. They do make the matches slightly more interesting... but you can't reward players for doing poorly. That's the exact thing that people hated about Modern Warfare 2 with the death streaks. I don't think it should be in regular team deathmatch but I wouldn't mind if there was a "power play" playlist in matchmaking. Something like that. Or at least make it so it's not as rewarding for the losing team. Limit the rewards to monetary value or extra medals for kickbacks, don't directly give them bonus points for sucking.

[quote name='illmatic21']
I don't think it should be in regular team deathmatch but I wouldn't mind if there was a "power play" playlist in matchmaking. Something like that. Or at least make it so it's not as rewarding for the losing team. Limit the rewards to monetary value or extra medals for kickbacks, don't directly give them bonus points for sucking.[/QUOTE]

Why not visit the hardcore playlist? No power plays there. :booty:

LOL The BETA has been out a total of 2 days and you're already considering yourself a "good player".

I haven't played enough to understand the power plays and what exactly they do, but I agree that more of UC2 is not a bad thing, the stuff I HAVE seen in UC3 so far make me feel like they did indeed add some extra stuff that really wasn't needed, but kind of messes with the gameplay.

And WTF is up with the ridiculous amounts of bullets people take?!?!?!!

[quote name='hustletron']LOL The BETA has been out a total of 2 days and you're already considering yourself a "good player".

I haven't played enough to understand the power plays and what exactly they do, but I agree that more of UC2 is not a bad thing, the stuff I HAVE seen in UC3 so far make me feel like they did indeed add some extra stuff that really wasn't needed, but kind of messes with the gameplay.

And WTF is up with the ridiculous amounts of bullets people take?!?!?!![/QUOTE]

http://uncharted.neoseeker.com/wiki...in_Uncharted_3:_Drake's_Deception_Multiplayer

And Uncharted 2 has been out since 2009, and I'm not the worst player in that one. Yeah, I have my bad matches, but we all have those in all games. And I mentioned the U3 MP feels exactly like U2, plus the couple new elements (that I don't have any real problem with). I think it mixes things up from the same asshole who's always camping in the Village with the sniper rifle - usually played by me :lol:

[quote name='Supplice']Why not visit the hardcore playlist? No power plays there. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Because they don't bother me that much. And my point was that power plays should be in a special game type, not the main one.

I really hate how i am outside the hangar and i have to go inside to actually see what is inside because i can not just go by and peek if there are enemies. If I pass by and all i can see is dark. Like suddenly all the light inside disappears.
Instead..i have to actually expose myself by going inside and see if anybody is inside.

Ugh
That really annoys me and my eyes.

Hey Naughty Dog..
why dont you get it over with and make my character scream "Hey is anybody here? i am about go in. shoot me!" every time i have to step inside to check for enemies

The only PP I've experienced are 2X damage, exposed and marked man
Exposed and marked man aren't bad to defend imo they generally make the losing team more aggressive which can easily backfire on them
2X damage I've never been on the receiving end of
I've never seen exposed
I agree that it should be if the match is > 10kills different or something and put a cap on it like 2 a match
But still I've been having plenty of fun with this beta, I was never really a fan on UC2 MP [boo! hiss!] I got it late and I always died in a matter of seconds with this game at least you can recover if you misstep

[quote name='Amblix']A few things that have nagged me so far...

Damage, is near Halo/Gears damage needed to kill some one, definately nothing like Uncharted 2's. Needs to be lowered a bit, even with the bullet damage paid booster it takes a ridiculous amount of shots to kill someone.
[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much how it was in the beginnings of UC2. Everyone was bitching about it taking too many bullets to kill somebody so I think they permanently lowered HP after a few trial runs. Do people really want everything to be like CoD where whoever sees the other guy first wins almost all the time?

In the UC3 beta, I think people are missing the fact that the AK-47 has a lot of recoil if you just hold the trigger. Of course it's going to take a whole clip to down somebody if you're just holding down the trigger instead of using controlled bursts. I use the gun that fires in 3 round bursts (forgot the name) and 2 bursts is enough to kill somebody without the paid booster. The thing I think needs to be addressed is headshot damage. If I put 3 bullets in somebody's head, they should go down.

The only Power Play I think that is really broken is double damage. That one should definitely be no more than 30 seconds and ONLY if a team is down by like 20 or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to fix the sniper rifle damage, it shouldn't take 3 shots to kill if you're not hitting them in the head. I've hit guys twice with it and been hit twice by someone with it and not died. The AK-47 damage seems okay. Maybe every gun, including sniper will seem fine if there are mods or boosters to increase their damage, but I personally would probably choose a different booster to use as long as it's balanced.

I don't think the power plays are that bad. They only last a minute from the ones I've seen and even the really bad ones can be held at bay with smart play, pretty much running away the whole minute.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I don't think the power plays are that bad. They only last a minute from the ones I've seen and even the really bad ones can be held at bay with smart play, pretty much running away the whole minute.[/QUOTE]

Precisely why they suck. Who wants to go from having a fun match to just chasing the other team or running away from them.

[quote name='Amblix']A few things that have nagged me so far...

Power Plays should be limited to 2 a match maximum for either side.

How the fuck do all the level 25+ players magically shit grenades out of there asses and lfing them behind them a bood 40 feet? Can we make this an earlier level booster?

The heroes get a huge advantage at the start of air strip. I love the scenario shit, but the villians are at a pretty bad disadvantage (imagine fat kid at top of hill in school). Put some positions on the back ramp where the villains can at least take cover, widen the side entrances and put a food cart there or something, give them a fucking chance to get in the fucking plane.

Oh and since i'm on the subject, don't give the villains a random ass fucking spawn in front of the cover position in the back of the plane, because instant deaths are so fucking fun![/QUOTE]

its the cluster bomb kickback i love it.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Precisely why they suck. Who wants to go from having a fun match to just chasing the other team or running away from them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can see it that way. But I'd much rather play a close, nail biting game than a landslide beatdown.

and in U2. That happened all the time with a squad of 4 or 5 teaming up on randoms and destroying them.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Yeah, you can see it that way. But I'd much rather play a close, nail biting game than a landslide beatdown.

and in U2. That happened all the time with a squad of 4 or 5 teaming up on randoms and destroying them.[/QUOTE]

I don't think a close game should be artificially created though. It's like rubber band AI in a racing game. If you're getting your ass beat by a full squad then back out and try to find another game.

[quote name='Killbomb']I don't think a close game should be artificially created though. It's like rubber band AI in a racing game. If you're getting your ass beat by a full squad then back out and try to find another game.[/QUOTE]

But those power plays can still be held at bay, like I was saying. Yeah, the frequency of close matches will be more common (which is a good thing, imo) but the better players will always win.

I mean I was in a match where the opposing team had around 5 PP because they were getting demolished and they still couldn't mount any sort of comeback.

[quote name='Amblix']The heroes get a huge advantage at the start of air strip. I love the scenario shit, but the villians are at a pretty bad disadvantage (imagine fat kid at top of hill in school). Put some positions on the back ramp where the villains can at least take cover, widen the side entrances and put a food cart there or something, give them a fucking chance to get in the fucking plane.[/QUOTE]

I think it goes on how you play it. The group I run with 9 times out of 10 we'll take the plane over and get the shiny medal, we always get to be the villains for some reason.

What I usually do is jump onto one of the trucks that goes to the side entrance, perch there, waiting for a possible victim and snipe them, then run over there and start spraying with the uzi. Or toss a grenade by a cluster of heroes, hopefully damaging them.

So far I'm having a blast with this beta, I can't wait to see what they put out in the next week or w.e. and of course this is a day one purchase. I gots to know what happens to Drake in the campaign.

I sure am glad their servers went down during a match where I had already collected 5 Treasures and the match still had over 10 mins or 25 kills left in it.

they really need to tone down on the blind fire accuracy. im tired of people running around with the micro spraying and just running in circles.

[quote name='8bitArtist']they really need to tone down on the blind fire accuracy. im tired of people running around with the micro spraying and just running in circles.[/QUOTE]

It's better than U2 where you just get near someone and press the shoot button, but blindfire is only when you're in cover anyways... I still can't figure out if it auto-aims when you're right next to someone, sometimes it seems it does but usually it doesn't. And wtf is up with the pistole, I thought that was for only close range but I've been shot and killed with it from 4xshotgun length away.

I'm sick of the people who camp during 2v2v2 mode in the top of the building near the zip line. I can't wait to get the spread grenade, contra style their asses.

the blind fire is just as bad in this as it is in u2. and it does auto aim. ive already been falling in the air and just pressing the shoot button and raining bullets on someones head and killing them without aiming.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I think it goes on how you play it. The group I run with 9 times out of 10 we'll take the plane over and get the shiny medal, we always get to be the villains for some reason.

What I usually do is jump onto one of the trucks that goes to the side entrance, perch there, waiting for a possible victim and snipe them, then run over there and start spraying with the uzi. Or toss a grenade by a cluster of heroes, hopefully damaging them.

So far I'm having a blast with this beta, I can't wait to see what they put out in the next week or w.e. and of course this is a day one purchase. I gots to know what happens to Drake in the campaign.[/QUOTE]

You make it sound too easy. I'll admit it isn't impossible but there usually someone waiting at every entrance so you can't get in unless you kill that person whose usually hiding behind cover. Which is annoying since its hard to aim when the truck keeps moving every three seconds. That's really my only gripe though. I'm really enjoying the beta too. I just think that part is too skewed towards the heroes.

bread's done
Back