Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

oh yeah u3 is back. they dialed down the health as far as i can tell so im sure youll see less running and blind firing lol.

I'm going to be playing this game a lot more since I like much better after the update. If anyone wants to play some games with me my PSN is JG5253

[quote name='8bitArtist']i really dont notice much of the "stopping power" they are talking about.[/QUOTE]

I've played a few matches and i noticed the difference. A few times people would try and rush me and i was able to gun them down before they could reach me for the melee kill. I still got killed by blindfire every so often (which is to be expected) but not as much as before.

Is blindfire only when you're in cover or is it also when you're near someone on foot. Whenever I try to blindfire near someone on foot the game still requires me to aim.

Blindfire is whenever you shoot without using L1 to aim. Running up to people and sprinkling a little blindfire + melee is the bee's knees.

Finally got a code, I don't go to subway much so my brother gave it to me.

Then I realized I claimed the wrong prize. "Uncharted Drake Subway Skin." :drool:

So, I went to Subway to get a code myself and I'm currently downloading, can't wait.

*Grilled Chicken sandwich + lays, ftw.

I got a couple codes for Drake's Subway skin that I don't need. PM me. No lurkers!
EDIT: Codes gone.

Great game though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naughty Dog has done a great job fixing the game since the start of the promotion. If you played at the beginning and disliked it, you should give it another go. I heard more maps are coming this week.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']Naughty Dog has done a great job fixing the game since the start of the promotion. If you played at the beginning and disliked it, you should give it another go. I heard more maps are coming this week.[/QUOTE]
Exactly how many of the same players do you see on an average night playing though? If you see a LOT of the same people playing, then yeah, it's definitely NOT gonna be for me EVER.;)

I don't like being the newbie getting killed via head shot or because someone is hiding inside a wall or someone has some 'perk' turned on that gives them an unfair advantage.:whistle2:#

Now if ND makes it so low level players are matched with only other low level players(and I'm not talking about people who switched to a different PSN name and made a new account on the beta to go back to a lower level/rank just to fuck with newbies), then I might play it.

I really love this game; I just hit 35 so I hope they up the level cap soon also more maps would be good. I was playing a map on London underground a few hours ago and we were on the trains when all the sudden the environment around the train just turned completely gray and it looked like the train was just flying through the clouds; it was trippy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Exactly how many of the same players do you see on an average night playing though? If you see a LOT of the same people playing, then yeah, it's definitely NOT gonna be for me EVER.;)

I don't like being the newbie getting killed via head shot or because someone is hiding inside a wall or someone has some 'perk' turned on that gives them an unfair advantage.:whistle2:#

Now if ND makes it so low level players are matched with only other low level players(and I'm not talking about people who switched to a different PSN name and made a new account on the beta to go back to a lower level/rank just to fuck with newbies), then I might play it.[/QUOTE]

I see different players in each match except when players and I decide to stay together for the next match.

I hate that too. No one has done glitches yet. The perks can be frustrating but I found some perks that are useful too.

The matchmaking seems better than U2. It does suck though when you run into people who are in parties.

If I were you (and I may do this myself) I would play coop to level up then jump into competitive so you can avoid trying to grind against high levels.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']If I were you (and I may do this myself) I would play coop to level up then jump into competitive so you can avoid trying to grind against high levels.[/QUOTE]
That's my other problem though. I'm more of a run n' gun/ spray n pray type of player. So regardless of if I level up to the max level or not I'm still playing 'like a newb'.

I've heard people complain about how I play on GTA competitive for a long time now. Between my shitty internet connection(people have accused me of 'lag switching', whatever the hell that is) to the fact that I will usually wander off out of the area just to find a vehicle so I can use that to help me out in getting kills.

People take their mp games far too seriously and to me that just sucks the fun right out of them.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's my other problem though. I'm more of a run n' gun/ spray n pray type of player. So regardless of if I level up to the max level or not I'm still playing 'like a newb'.

I've heard people complain about how I play on GTA competitive for a long time now. Between my shitty internet connection(people have accused me of 'lag switching', whatever the hell that is) to the fact that I will usually wander off out of the area just to find a vehicle so I can use that to help me out in getting kills.

People take their mp games far too seriously and to me that just sucks the fun right out of them.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like anti-social multiplayer gaming. I do a lot of that myself against strangers, especially the ones that whine, bitch, or harass people. But to each their own. If that's how you like to play that shouldn't be a problem to people. Some people just sit and do sniper. You could mute everyone. They have a new gun in U3 that's hard to aim, low accuracy, but has very high spray n pray stat, KAL 7.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']What did they add?[/QUOTE]

the flooded ruins but sans rain and water but now with lava and the highrise at night there may be more but thats all ive seen.

man, the highrise was the absolute worst map in u2

i just fired this up and it prompted me to download patch 1.01... guess i never downloaded it before. i assumed all the shit they fixed were just hot fixes. now i guess ill see if there is stopping power to my bullets.

anyone else have trouble with cans? i dont have a sounds coming through my tritton ax720. i havent tried the mixamp yet.

[quote name='enufs8d']anyone else have trouble with cans? i dont have a sounds coming through my tritton ax720. i havent tried the mixamp yet.[/QUOTE]

Not me... but you might want to play around with the audio settings... Also if you use both HDMI and Optical Audio make sure you have the option (inside the PS3) for both to be used at the same time...

Sound Settings>Audio Multi Out - On.

That's great news! Starhawk looks like one of the best games post-2011.

[quote name='lokizz']the flooded ruins but sans rain and water but now with lava and the highrise at night there may be more but thats all ive seen.[/QUOTE]

Oh I haven't seen the ruins yet but I did play the highrise a bit yesterday.

[quote name='8bitArtist']man, the highrise was the absolute worst map in u2

i just fired this up and it prompted me to download patch 1.01... guess i never downloaded it before. i assumed all the shit they fixed were just hot fixes. now i guess ill see if there is stopping power to my bullets.[/QUOTE]

I hope they put all the maps from U2 into U3. If not on release then in DLC. If they're going to have highrise at release they should put make the better maps available too. Even better would be updating the U2 maps with more stuff.

i dont like a single map in u3. i liked how the u2 maps were pretty much a mirror of each other.

i just cant get into this game. if i play like a fuckhead and camp the power weapons i have a 2-3+ kd. if i play regular i barely get a 1 kd if that.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i dont like a single map in u3. i liked how the u2 maps were pretty much a mirror of each other.[/QUOTE]According to some knowledgeable people on the ND forums the DLC maps (not including the Fort) where all designed for UC3 first and then reverted back to Uncharted 2 as sort of a 'taste of the future.'

Now, as knowledgeable as this guy is I'm not sure I can fully believe that... A)I don't think UC3 MP was anywhere close to be in alpha stage when those maps where released so I think its a little bit of a marketing ploy but you cannot ignore the similarity... ND hasn't made a map with anything close to symmetry since the maps on UC2 disc... So maybe there is some truth in that statement.

And really those are the maps I miss. I get really pissed/annoyed when I'm trying to play a game of plunder and its just obvious the maps aren't close to being fair.

Long tangent about the maps and plunder:
London Underground, Villains have to throw the plunder treasure across two train tacks while navigating the shooting gallery above while dodging the occasional train that darts by with little to no warning.

Airstrip, Villains again have to deal with congested paths, another shooting gallery from the rooftop, oh and a turret. (Granted, the turret can be used for defense but you mostly see it used by the heroes...

Syria, this map just blows for everything else minus plunder so I've played few games on it even while playing plunder... (Honestly, I've seen this map lose a vote by a 9-0 margin.) I do think the map favors the heroes but only slightly.

Chateau, fairer than most of the maps but again the heroes have great sight lines on the villain's box while the heroes' box is rather accessible but well protected.

High Rise; like Syria its a horrible map for everything minus plunder... but the villains have to carry treasures upwards through the twisting maze... Heroes box is on the lowest level and it is easier to throw treasures downward than carry them upwards. (And most of the time it does come down to using the stairwell on the villains' side.)

Flooded Ruins/Volcanic Ruins, really I think the names themselves are enough to speak of their Plunder evils but I will go on.. With the possible sole exception of Museum there is not a worse Plunder map ever made... It favored the villains in UC2 but seeing the above it might not this time.

Oh, and I've spent the bulk of the previous beta spawning as the villains and I've spent the bulk of the new beta spawning as the villains...

yeah feel bad for those who lke plunder most of the new maps are too unbalanced to work well wth it.especally the desert one. question when you unlock drakes ak through 3 team deathmatch you get other stuff unocked too right?

Just started playing UC3 mp and I was matched up with nothing but level 35 and I was level 2. Hopefully match making gets better when the game is released. I enjoyed the few games of plunder that I played and made it to level 5 in no time and enjoyed it even more after match.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Just started playing UC3 mp and I was matched up with nothing but level 35 and I was level 2. Hopefully match making gets better when the game is released. I enjoyed the few games of plunder that I played and made it to level 5 in no time and enjoyed it even more after match.[/QUOTE]

May be because so many people are level 35 now. In the time I've spent on U3 the matchmaking is significantly better than U2 was. Could be coincidence hope not.

[quote name='lokizz'] question when you unlock drakes ak through 3 team deathmatch you get other stuff unocked too right?[/QUOTE]

you only get what you accomplished in treasure sets. if you find all the stupid pieces for the set, you only get that unlock. 2 vs 2 vs 2 DM sucks because there are 3 sets of treasures. Hardcore is even worse with no treasure modifiers. I just hate this beta because I must have gotten plenty of crappy duplicate subway crap. The treasure sets are a really bad version of McDonald's Monopoly where you can Park Place are a dime a dozen but you need a miracle to find Boardwalk.

I have gotten flynn's m9 (4 piece treasure set) and gold weapons (2 piece set) that aren't in the beta!

[quote name='combatrhombus']Just started playing UC3 mp and I was matched up with nothing but level 35 and I was level 2. Hopefully match making gets better when the game is released. I enjoyed the few games of plunder that I played and made it to level 5 in no time and enjoyed it even more after match.[/QUOTE]
Its not going to get any better. I suggest the team objective rooms. If you drop into hardcore, its pretty much all 35ers. If you haven't noticed, I'm just trying to pick up treasure sets in the different rooms. I think I got most of the plunder and TDM stuff.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Not me... but you might want to play around with the audio settings... Also if you use both HDMI and Optical Audio make sure you have the option (inside the PS3) for both to be used at the same time...

Sound Settings>Audio Multi Out - On.[/QUOTE]

I havent tried my cans again. But they were working for bc2, black ops, bf3 beta. So I don't know why they wouldnt work for u3. I optical out for the tritton. I have the ps3 on mutli so that my tv output sounds and trittons get the message. When I last tried my cans, I got nothing from the cans. Then I turned up the volume on the tv. There was sound coming from the tv. Afterwards, I fired up bf3 beta and it was perfect on the trittons.

Anyways, hit me up for some plunder. I have a paltry 9 plunder scores this beta. But I have been treasure hunting full time.

[quote name='enufs8d']you only get what you accomplished in treasure sets. if you find all the stupid pieces for the set, you only get that unlock. 2 vs 2 vs 2 DM sucks because there are 3 sets of treasures. Hardcore is even worse with no treasure modifiers. I just hate this beta because I must have gotten plenty of crappy duplicate subway crap. The treasure sets are a really bad version of McDonald's Monopoly where you can Park Place are a dime a dozen but you need a miracle to find Boardwalk.

I have gotten flynn's m9 (4 piece treasure set) and gold weapons (2 piece set) that aren't in the beta!

Its not going to get any better. I suggest the team objective rooms. If you drop into hardcore, its pretty much all 35ers. If you haven't noticed, I'm just trying to pick up treasure sets in the different rooms. I think I got most of the plunder and TDM stuff.[/QUOTE]

are you using that teasure booster? theres a booster that ups your chance of getting a treasure when you open chests and if someone drops one when they die. i was able to get all the ones for 3 team deathmatch yesterday but hardcore is going to be work.

diff treasure sets can only be gained in certan game types once i figured that out thats what ive been doing.

[quote name='lokizz']are you using that teasure booster? theres a booster that ups your chance of getting a treasure when you open chests and if someone drops one when they die. i was able to get all the ones for 3 team deathmatch yesterday but hardcore is going to be work.

diff treasure sets can only be gained in certan game types once i figured that out thats what ive been doing.[/QUOTE]

Yep nonstop treasure booster level 2 slot 2. I wish I wouldnt get all that subway crap.

[quote name='enufs8d']Yep nonstop treasure booster level 2 slot 2. I wish I wouldnt get all that subway crap.[/QUOTE]

yeah im so damn tired of seeing subway treasures in that damn game. once you complete the set they shouldnt pop up anymore.

[quote name='gunstar808']Didn't realize you could only redeem the Subway cash code once. Here is an extra one:

8JH6-HENT-P6J5 [/QUOTE]

Thanks, I grabbed this.

Damn, I guess I waited too long to go to Subway. Picked up lunch today and they said the code cups they had were gone in no time.

I'll take an extra code if anyone has one :D

I love Eddy's AK soooooooooooo Much! Like Omg! I completed Flynn's M9 treasure set in plunder, to my dismay it did not unlock. In reality I just wanted to see what it can do seeing as how it was the only gun to require 4 pieces of treasure. Even though I don't use it, I have Elena's G-mal on a loadout

[quote name='woodcan']Damn, I guess I waited too long to go to Subway. Picked up lunch today and they said the code cups they had were gone in no time.

I'll take an extra code if anyone has one :D[/QUOTE]

Hmm my Subway has plenty of the cups, but not the other codes. Tomorrow, if I go there for lunch I'll grab the cup.

Just to make sure, the cup code is ONLY for the multiplayer beta right? You need the other codes for the unlocks?

bread's done
Back