Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

[quote name='sunghost']I don't consider that a "promise". They said you can leave them a note so that they could update you on the situation or resend you the email (assuming they've sent them out, which they obviously haven't yet). It was more like a possibility that they'd send emails by the 13th.[/QUOTE]
I agree, they probably only sent this as a way to make whoever emailed them feel like something was getting done.

[quote name='sir-fly']they want the game so bad because they missed out on the first few uncharted 3 giveaways a few months back and this is cheapassgamers[/QUOTE]

isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? Usually cheapness and patience go hand and hand... you dont get cheap CE's next week... in some cases you don't get hem in 4+ months. Just about every element of being cheap is holding off till you deem the item buyable.

[quote name='admiralvic']isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? Usually cheapness and patience go hand and hand... you dont get cheap CE's next week... in some cases you don't get hem in 4+ months. Just about every element of being cheap is holding off till you deem the item buyable.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight. Under $10 new or used is my motto. The gaming industry is so over-saturated now that it's hard to justify buying any game at full retail. That's the very reason why companies produce so many limited/collector's editions now, because many gamers are content with more and cheaper.

Anyway, I'm concerned about the Amazon GC's. Sure, it takes a while with the physical game copies, but I'd expect the $3 digital gift cards to come in a more timely fashion.

[quote name='admiralvic']isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? Usually cheapness and patience go hand and hand... you dont get cheap CE's next week... in some cases you don't get hem in 4+ months. Just about every element of being cheap is holding off till you deem the item buyable.[/QUOTE]
your the moron for worrying about what others worry about on the internet:applause:

and with that said i will not waste another post on you ever.

1) To the CAG who reported post 1297: you are way too sensitive; chill out, this is the internet.

2) To sir-fly: Learn how to spell. You are ="you're," "your" = possessive. That's fourth, maybe fifth grade spelling & grammar. Nice job making yourself look like a moron.

Way to go guys, you've brought the wrath of Gwennie down upon us. ;)

Seriously, though. If the Subway winners (also PrizeLogic) are still waiting for UC3 from late October/ early November, then don't expect to hear anything soon regarding this one. PrizeLogic does all their stuff in batches (not including the time and logistics and mailing out thousands of prizes per promotion). Emailing them over and over will not speed up the process.

Bottom line, don't expect to see anything for months. Heck, I'll be surprised if an email even comes within another month.

[quote name='guinaevere']1) To the CAG who reported post 1297: you are way too sensitive; chill out, this is the internet.

2) To sir-fly: Learn how to spell. You are ="you're," "your" = possessive. That's fourth, maybe fifth grade spelling & grammar. Nice job making yourself look like a moron.[/QUOTE]

so this is the spelling bee now?? your a hater

[quote name='sir-fly']so this is the spelling bee now?? your a hater[/QUOTE]

That's what you called me when I correctly pointed out you violated the rules of a different contest. :hot:

[quote name='fmz65']Hmm a quick question about the gift cards... my address isn't on FB, how am I supposed to get my address to them?[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to send everyone an email requesting their shipping information.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Was it specified that the gift cards would be digital? They might be printed.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that they're digital, there'd be absolutely no additional use for them to be printed/shipped (it's not like we have amazon B&M). It'd just waste time and maybe shipping costs.

[quote name='sunghost']I really hope that they're digital, there'd be absolutely no additional use for them to be printed/shipped (it's not like we have amazon B&M). It'd just waste time and maybe shipping costs.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in the mail. Some of the survey sites send my Amazon credit in the mail and I've never really understood why.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them come in the mail. Some of the survey sites send my Amazon credit in the mail and I've never really understood why.[/QUOTE]

Sending via mail can cut down on people with multiple accounts. When codes are emailed there isn't much preventing people from cheating and using a lot of accounts with unique email addresses. Even IP addresses can easily be changed. When you require a physical address it limits abuse.

[quote name='louiedog']Sending via mail can cut down on people with multiple accounts. When codes are emailed there isn't much preventing people from cheating and using a lot of accounts with unique email addresses. Even IP addresses can easily be changed. When you require a physical address it limits abuse.[/QUOTE]
They also could just wait for the mailing address to cut down on abuse by people with multiple account and then email them.

[quote name='louiedog']Sending via mail can cut down on people with multiple accounts. When codes are emailed there isn't much preventing people from cheating and using a lot of accounts with unique email addresses. Even IP addresses can easily be changed. When you require a physical address it limits abuse.[/QUOTE]

The contest was limit 1 per person, not 1 per household. The rules already make it easy for people with multiple accounts to abuse the system, except in this case a little bit of fraud is required for people who live alone.

[quote name='Blade']The contest was limit 1 per person, not 1 per household. The rules already make it easy for people with multiple accounts to abuse the system, except in this case a little bit of fraud is required for people who live alone.[/QUOTE]

No, This contest is one per household. I copy the official rules for all of these type of contests in case there is a problem.

rulesunchartedcopy.th.jpg
rulesunchartedcopy.jpg

http://imageshack.us

[quote name='sir-fly']your the moron for worrying about what others worry about on the internet:applause:

and with that said i will not waste another post on you ever.[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOD, I need to check this thread more often. This is the best little bit of unintentional comedy I've seen in a while. "No, you're the oxymoron!"

I had received an e-mail from Prizelogic in response to a question and the said that all e-mails would be sent out by the end of business today. Did anybody else receive one? I did not get anything.

[quote name='PieterMc']I had received an e-mail from Prizelogic in response to a question and the said that all e-mails would be sent out by the end of business today. Did anybody else receive one? I did not get anything.[/QUOTE]

Nope nothing here. Another empty promise.

Dear "Find the Ring" participant,

Congratulations! You have been selected as a potential winner in the Uncharted 3 "Find the Ring" Contest, sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Pending verification, your prize will include:

-Uncharted 3 Game

-(2) $3 Gift Cards

In order to remain eligible for this prize, please respond to this message with your first and last name, and also full shipping address. Once this is received, we will begin the verification process to ensure full compliance with the official rules for this promotion. Once you have been verified, additional shipping details will be provided. Your deadline for submission of this information is 5:00 p.m. EST Friday January 27, 2012. Failure to respond by this time will result in a forfeited prize.

Congratulations once again, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Justin Michalek
Project Coordinator
www.prizelogic.com

Woot. Got this email 30 minutes ago.

[quote name='Arakias']I just got an email from shipping information as well. Just a standard U3 for me but I'm content.[/QUOTE]

same here. just got the email from them asking for my full name and shipping address around 5:21 CST

Heres email

Congratulations! You have been selected as a potential winner in the Uncharted 3 "Find the Ring" Contest, sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. Pending verification, your prize will include:

-Uncharted 3 Game

In order to remain eligible for this prize, please respond to this message with your first and last name, and also full shipping address. Once this is received, we will begin the verification process to ensure full compliance with the official rules for this promotion. Once you have been verified, additional shipping details will be provided. Your deadline for submission of this information is 5:00 p.m. EST Friday January 27, 2012. Failure to respond by this time will result in a forfeited prize.

Justin Michalek
Project Coordinator
www.prizelogic.com

(o) 248-936-2331 (f) 248-936-2640
(e) [email protected]
25200 Telegraph Rd. suite 405, Southfield, Michigan 48033

[quote name='MrPiggles']Funny, I haven't received mine. What was the subject line of the email?[/QUOTE]
Mine was "Find the Ring Promotion Notification"

Literally JUST got the email. I entered this topic to see if anyone got the email and saw that quite a few of you guys did. I go to check my email and BAM! There it is!

Sent my info ASAP! I've been yearning for a new game for quite some time now! Thank you my fellow CAG'ers for allowing me to win the game! Couldn't have done it without ya!

[quote name='The Bryant']Literally JUST got the email. I entered this topic to see if anyone got the email and saw that quite a few of you guys did. I go to check my email and BAM! There it is!

Sent my info ASAP! I've been yearning for a new game for quite some time now! Thank you my fellow CAG'ers for allowing me to win the game! Couldn't have done it without ya![/QUOTE]

What was the subject line and details of the email?

Just checked my email; the shipping info request came in about an hour ago. FYI, I "won" my prizes before the reset occurred.

Subject Line: Find the Ring Promotion Notification
Sender: [redacted]@prizelogic.com

Seems legit, so I'll be sending in my info tonight!

got mine as well and I was a pre-reset winner.

edit *****Your deadline for submission of this information is 5:00 p.m. EST Friday January 27, 2012. Failure to respond by this time will result in a forfeited prize. *****

THEY DON'T GIVE MUCH TIME DO THEY?

anyone has a screenshot of official rules I just wanna double check. I was at a friends house playing it at the same time, but I also logged on from several other IPs (including my home one) to play. I hope they don't force me to forfeit the prize.

bread's done
Back