Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End

Maybe I'm missing something but per the instructions, when you start your "new game" you're supposed to carry over your stats. But if you start a chapter, kill a few enemies to get get accuracy up (step 6), where would I see that? B/c kill 4-5 enemies without missing, save game to new menu, exit to the main menu, check my status and it's the same as it was from when it was carried over from my original save that I beat the game with... 

Am I missing something? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm missing something but per the instructions, when you start your "new game" you're supposed to carry over your stats. But if you start a chapter, kill a few enemies to get get accuracy up (step 6), where would I see that? B/c kill 4-5 enemies without missing, save game to new menu, exit to the main menu, check my status and it's the same as it was from when it was carried over from my original save that I beat the game with...

Am I missing something?
Under statistics from the pause menu. From what I remember, you create a new game carrying over treasures and stats, start it and save after a few seconds into the cinematic, then exit to the main screen, load the epilogue from chapter select without saving and then exit out after a few seconds of the mini-game, then encounter select, shoot and kill one enemy then save on save 2, exit to the main menu, load the epilogue without saving and play through the whole thing. When the credits roll you should see all 3 trophies pop.

People are saying you can still get sharpshooter in patch 1.4 but they fixed the other things. IDK what is correct anymore because I wasn't able to select epilogue in 1.4 per the steps above, so I'm not sure if there's another way to do it or what. All I do know is I can go 15-20 and 5 with blindfire in MP still. :rofl:

Under statistics from the pause menu. From what I remember, you create a new game carrying over treasures and stats, start it and save after a few seconds into the cinematic, then exit to the main screen, load the epilogue from chapter select without saving and then exit out after a few seconds of the mini-game, then encounter select, shoot and kill one enemy then save on save 2, exit to the main menu, load the epilogue without saving and play through the whole thing. When the credits roll you should see all 3 trophies pop.
I don't get it... I can do the first bit to play the epilogue (w/o saving) but when I exit back to the main menu, I don't see the option to select an encounter. The chap select is still there but no encounter select.

I even deleted the game install, re-installed the game and still nothing. :whistle2:k

EDIT* Updated to 1.04 and got the sharpshooter trophy... but no speedrun. I guess I'd need to delete my install and everything to get speedrun. I think I wasted more time doing this and I would have, had I just done it normally.:lol:

That's the same problem I had with the encounter list! Maybe 1.04 didn't fix it then. IDK why it does that TBH and I just had to assume the patch fixed it since it wasn't working the same way. I'll have to try again tonight then, thanks!

The unpatched game does not have the encounter option, that was added with 1.02 apparently... so that was my problem. I never bothered to update the game, at all (I thought I did) so I had to jump right to 1.04. The glitch fully only worked during patches 1.02 to 1.03. 

With that said though.. I would think the speedrun/crushing glitch would still work, if you deleted the game/installed though it's worth noting the game installs progressively so if you delete the game and try to jump from prologue to episode, there's a long install involved. 

Even with Overwatch I'm still playing Uncharted's multiplayer. At least enough to complete the daily challenges. It's nice that you can bank up to three daily challenges. That way you don't have to play daily. It's more time efficient since you can possibly work towards more than one challenge in a single game.

I complained about having to grind to unlock LP points, but it's actually kind of fun grinding towards unlocking modifiers. I'm about 50 cintamani stone uses away from getting the modifier that revives teammates to full health. I want to make a healer loadout. I'm already thinking 'heroes never die' when I use the stone.

I think it must mean something that UC4 is my first ever Platinum. I never bothered with other games. It just wasn't a thing for me. Also, UC4 is the first time I have ever played multiplayer. I'm getting my a$$ kicked, but still. The closest I usually get on trophy percentages is 60-70%. So there is that, for what it is worth. Now I just need to figure out the customizations and such.

Holy crap... I must be getting old. I don't remember having so much trouble with one area with any other Uncharted crushing runs before, but I'm getting my ass handed to me in the jungle areas in chap 13.  

I also feel like this game's got a ton of collectibles. I think I might just say fuck it and use the exploit. 

Holy crap... I must be getting old. I don't remember having so much trouble with one area with any other Uncharted crushing runs before, but I'm getting my ass handed to me in the jungle areas in chap 13.

I also feel like this game's got a ton of collectibles. I think I might just say fuck it and use the exploit.
There are sooooooooooooooo many enemies without checkpoints sometimes. I really hated it TBH and I happily exploited cuz fuck all that noise.

There are sooooooooooooooo many enemies without checkpoints sometimes. I really hated it TBH and I happily exploited cuz fuck all that noise.
No kidding. I got through half of the area and thought I hit a checkpoint but nope, there's like 2nd part with an armored chaingun enemy, a RPG enemy, and 2-3 enemies with rifles. I was able to take out all but the armored enemy before I ran out of bullets/grenades and in trying to go over to the enemies I just killed to get more ammo, I got killed and it sent me back all the way to the beginning.

I get crushing is supposed to be challenging but this game's seriously feels like it's overkill. I was thinking I would use more stealth but that's just a waste of time since you'll probably down 1-2 before you're spotted out of nowhere and the barrage of enemies come in.

Playing on Hard, I had the worst time with the ruined mansion area where your only cover is a few pillars and enemies pour out from all sides to kill you. Trying to move from the pillar would get me killed 50% of the time, so being pinned and having all the enemies sniping at me (with rifles and grenade launchers even) while two heavy machine gunners advanced was ridiculous. I rage quit the game for a day over that retardation.

lol. been there. yeah, why there isn't a checkpoint there I do not understand. I died many many times on my crushing playthrough there. (I didn't use any exploits.) It was a PITA. Especially when other shorter areas do have checkpoints.

Playing on Hard, I had the worst time with the ruined mansion area where your only cover is a few pillars and enemies pour out from all sides to kill you. Trying to move from the pillar would get me killed 50% of the time, so being pinned and having all the enemies sniping at me (with rifles and grenade launchers even) while two heavy machine gunners advanced was ridiculous. I rage quit the game for a day over that retardation.
Ooo...this killed me a lot too. As soon as I got control I rolled right and then dashed up the ramp to the upper level and across the beam so that I was directly above where I first started. The armored machine gunners don't come up there so you just have to worry about guys rushing you across the beam and snipers mostly...although later, some will get up on the ledge to your left. But still, that worked best for me.

Why don't you just turn on autoaim and use the 1 hit kill pistol? It doesn't effect the plat
I did all of the other Uncharted plats legitimately, without using shortcuts so I wanted to do this one the same. But that ain't gonna happen... crushing in this game is significantly more difficult than in any other game in the series, regardless of whether you try to use stealth or not. Stealth is nearly impossible on crushing and/or requires an excruciating amount of patience.

I just unlocked an unlimited ammo bonus and am using that.

I just finished this game last night. Wow, what a perfect, satisfying and bittersweet ending?  They made it pretty clear that this really is the last go for ole' Nathan Drake.  So perfect.

I just finished this game last night. Wow, what a perfect, satisfying and bittersweet ending? They made it pretty clear that this really is the last go for ole' Nathan Drake. So perfect.
Did you ever played the Last of Us yet? Good time to pick up the remastered PS4 version for $15 at Best Buy if you haven't.

Man, doing some of the clean up trophies and I forgot how tedious these can be... like the vertical drop one, where the easiest way to do it is to kill one enemy and restart a checkpoint 30 times. 

Yeah, Naughty Dog has a funny way of sucking the fun out of a game with trophies. I stopped after U2 for even bothering.

This game just seems so much worse than the others... seems like there's more "collectibles" (more treasures, plus conversations, notes, and journal entries) on top of the standard stupid shit like get X number of kills with Y, or do 1, 2, 3 and 4, in that order.  

I'm all about Chloe and all but I feel like this is being handled by "team B" at ND. I'm not against them continuing the Uncharted franchise and who knows, maybe they'll take a different approach to it. 

i find this weird to be a stand alone game. they still need to do the uncharted 4 single player dlc which at first i assume this was it.

are they saying stand alone though, like how first light was a stand alone compared to second son?

i find this weird to be a stand alone game. they still need to do the uncharted 4 single player dlc which at first i assume this was it.

are they saying stand alone though, like how first light was a stand alone compared to second son?
I believe this is the single player DLC they marketed before the game came out. This might be the one and only. And yes, it's a standalone, so people won't need to have UC4 to play this.

I believe this is the single player DLC they marketed before the game came out. This might be the one and only. And yes, it's a standalone, so people won't need to have UC4 to play this.
That seems to be the case. This is the first of the DLC for the Explorer's pack... but doesn't really explain how (or if) it's included with people who get the Triple Pack before it was replaced with the Explorer's Pack.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-arrives-next-year-on-ps4/

I remember a dev posting in the Uncharted MP forums that those with the Triple Pack got upgraded to the Explorer Pack back when the first MP content dropped. 

Uncharted 4 - Survival DLC is now up for download in an update. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pajI_GSiLtA

survival is pretty fun, but like with everything, playing with randoms makes you want to smash your head against a wall. :wall:
True. It's what made me solo all of Moderate with the AI until my friends got on. The mode is quite challenging at least, more so than the other Uncharted arenas.

Right now, we are a little halfway done with the Crushing playlist and it has been a grenade spam fest by enemies. :whee:

When is this going to be 19.99 game? Sheesh! Been holding off. im only interested in SP. i could care less with MP.

Finished Crushing with all 30 stars. :D/ It wasn't that bad except for the grenade spamming on siege portions. I'm looking forward to hardcore in the future. :D

Protip: Use the M-14 Custom.

Do you recommend rebuying/playing this on PS4 if one has already beaten it on PS3? Are the enhancements worth a revisit?
I'd say no. I bought mine on PS3 late in the cycle and never got around to it. Traded it in for the PS4 version. My understanding is the game is the same.

However, ONE big difference is that the PS4 version has the Left Behind DLC on-disc. That was a huge thing for me as I despise DLC/digital titles. I'm all about tangible, on-disc media (old school that way). That was another reason I was happy to wait to play it on the PS4 and trade my PS3 one in.

As for UC4 - I'm also just interested in SP. A part of me felt like I should wait for the GOTY edition that includes the game PLUS the Nadine standalone story BUT then again, it looks like Naughty Dog might be selling that as a stand-alone title instead of simply as DLC. Hope so as I may be buying UC4 this week.

No doubt one of my resolutions next year will be to buy NO games .... until Nov. 2017 :)

did you farm for level 5 weapons? im half way through 3 star crushing
No, we all had level 2-3 weapons when we started the run. For the later stages, two Dorados and one Indra combo will help clear out Boss trash pretty quickly.

yeah i had no idea who he was lol. i friended Valin via pstrophies website and i guess they knew each other. i dont really bother with ranked all that much. too campy for me.

I should come back to the multiplayer. I bought the Explorer's Pack for The Lost Legacy, but I should see what I can get with the multiplayer currency that is also included.

I thought the multiplayer was great. It's just Overwatch dominated my game time in the months after it's release.

Not a PS4 hater. Hell I own a 20th anniversary PS4…but is anyone kind of disappointed in this game? It feels like naughty dog just can't match uncharted 2's high watermark. What a freaking great game.

Not a PS4 hater. Hell I own a 20th anniversary PS4…but is anyone kind of disappointed in this game? It feels like naughty dog just can't match uncharted 2's high watermark. What a freaking great game.
Nope. To me this was as good as 2 if not better

Nope. To me this was as good as 2 if not better
This game is kind of mixed bag for me. I like how the shooting mechanics match UC2…3 had horrible changes, but I find the campaign to be way too easy. I mostly play for the campaign and occasionally to plunder.

Amazing game.  I think part of what made 2 so amazing was its set pieces were fresh then and no one had seen games like that which married narrative and graphics in that way.  It's not that UC4 is less impressive, it's that what it does isn't as awe-inspiring because since UC2, other games have imitated it.  Now, our expectations are I think in some ways unreasonable.  There are only so many ways to do UC before it goes sci-fi, which is why I think it was amazingly well done, true to character, and a fitting end to the franchise.

bread's done
Back