[Updated 10/14] Gamestop/EB Marketing Plan 10/16 to 11/5 Trade 3 Get $10 Ends 10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry, but no good game trading promos this time in marketing. For those of you waiting to get rid of a system, now is the time to do it for some extra credit.

Trade Values according to the Wiki.

(Green means it is starting on 10/16)
(White is a continuation from last marketing period)
(Red means it is ending on 10/15)

Trade Promos

Promo: "Trade in your Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox 360 and get $20 extra in credit" Systems must be fully functional and have all hook-ups with the controller. This deal does not get extra bonuses.

Promo: "Trade in your old Xbox and get $80 credit towards an Xbox 360 console."
This works on both the Pro package and the core system.

"Power Trade Offer" Trade any games towards the reservation or purchase of the following 4 games, receive and extra 20% trade credit (excluding hardware).
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube or Wii versions)
- Gears of War (Regular or Collectors)
- Final Fantasy XII (Regular or Collectors)
- All other Titles get a 10% increase when all credit applied to preorder

Promo: "Extra $10 trade-in credit with the trade-in of 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games"
Customers trading in 3 PS2, XBOX, GC, DS or PSP games receive an extra $10 trade credit. Customers can mix formats. For example, 2 PS2 games and 1 XBOX game can receive the total extra $10. 2006 and earlier sports, all wrestling and all demo discs are still excluded from this offer.
THIS IS STACKABLE WITH THE EDGE/GAMESTOP CARD.

Promo Extended: "Get any new or used XB360 game for $9.99 when you trade-in 2 Xbox 360 Games" Trade exclusions include all 2006 and older sports titles, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Project Gotham 3, Ridge Racer 6, Outfit & Amped 3. Offer good on any XB360 game $59.99 or less.

==================================================

Sales

Promo: "Get Auto Assault free with purchase of any PC game"

Promo: "PSP 1GB Rapid GX Memory Stick Duo for $79.99" (this may be $69.99 in store after looking at the price earlier today)

Promo: "World of Warcraft for $19.99"

Promo: "Buy Guild Wars Online and Get Guild Wars Online Factions (SKU-646502) for $29.99"

Promo: "PSP 2GB Memory Stick Duo for $79.99"

DVD Offers (No expiration)

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $10"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $5.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $20"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $9.99

Promo: "Purchase 3 Used DVDs for $30"- offer good on all used DVDs priced at $12.99 price point.

Events your store may be doing... Call ahead of time to make sure.

Event: "Gears of War Preview" Select stores will be staying open late on 10-21 in order to show off Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The showing will start at 9 PM and last approximately 15-20 minutes from what I can tell.

Event: "Final Fantasy XII Costume Contest & Midnight Opening" Some stores may end up doing a costume contest for the release of Final Fantasy XII. Participants may dress up as any Final Fantasy character of their choosing (Prizes may be available, although I'm not to sure about it). Some stores may also be participating in a midnight opening for Final Fantasy XII.

I think I've covered everything that is available this time around. If anyone discovers that something is missing, please post in the thread or the even better bet is to PM me so I can add to the list accordingly.

[quote name='mattcube64']^^^^ I'm pretty sure all three games are on one disc. I'm not positive, though...[/quote]

no they are in three seperate discs

[quote name='boyboy1080']i have a question. the tom clancy classic trilogy they have at kmart for $4. could you seperate the 3 discs to get the extra ten?

has anyone tried it?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, I've been able to trade it in twice as 3 separate games. Today, I had my last one and got denied, so I took it back and will take it next time. Ask them to do it without the case, if they ring it up by SKU, it will count as one.

My trade-in value report for the wiki (a few differing $$ amounts)

all :ps2::

# + # + # = # beforevalue + $10bonusvalue + 10%Edgevalue = finalvalue

Star Ocean 3: 7 + 3 + 1 = 11
Radiata Stories: 7 + 3 + 1 = 11
Tekken Tag: 2.50 + 4 + 0.65 = 7.15
SSX 3: 4 + 3 + 0.70 = 7.70
Beyond Good & Evil: 3 + 3 + 0.60 = 6.60
ATV Off Road Fury: 1 + 4 + .50 = 5.50

total: 48.95

different from the wiki are SO3 ($8) and ATVORF ($1.50). And I didn't argue that 10% of $1 is ten and not fitty cent.

Big Trade!!! Today: I got the 3 for $10 extra, 10% Edge, AND!!!! the 30% for preordering The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii (I just used their copy of GI)

**: Not part of 3/10 deal

icongamecube.gif

Paper Mario: $9
Donkey Konga 2: $3 (Down $5 from Wiki)
Mario Party 4: $11
Geist: $4
**Madden 2002:$1
iconps2_r2.gif

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
We Love Katamari: $12
Tony Hawk 3: $1
**NCAA 05 Football: $1
**Madden 06: $3
**Madden 04: $1
**Madden 03: $1
Gauntlet Dark Legacy: $4
God of War: $9
Goldeneye Rogue Agent: $3
Alien Hominid: $6
007 Nightfire: $2
Tekken 5: $7
iconds.gif

Brain Age: $8
iconxbox_r2.gif

Prince of Persia: SOT: $2.50

Then the cashier manually added the 30% extra ($45.34!!!). Then I was going to return some accesories for Store Credit, but then they cashier said that I could only get as the trade-in amount plus edge. I traded in 2 DK bongos for $3.30 each, a broken PS2 Controller for $3.30, and a defective Gamecube controller (1st party wired) for $7.70.

With all of that traded in, edge added, 3/10 added, 30% manually added, I came up with a Grand Total of... $218.26!!!. The cashier then subtracted $52.49 (Zelda pre-order cost) leaving me with $165.77 credit. Adding that to my existing EB Edge Credit, I now have $249.03 + Zelda Wii preordered; all for trading in shitty old games, and some defective controllers.:D:D:D

just got back.

all psp

traded these:
death jr - $7
gripshift - $6
wipeout - $4 (damn)
lumines - $8
darkstalkers - $5
mega man - $7
(not including $10 bonus)

didnt trade:
katamari - $14

got $57 for my stuff (with 2x $10 bonus) and dropped it all on gears of war le.

oh yea, and they wouldnt stack any deals.

i'll probably go back and trade in tomorrow: me and my katamari (psp), r-type final (ps2) and pikmin (gc), and get another $10

[quote name='pop311']Big Trade!!! Today: I got the 3 for $10 extra, 10% Edge, AND!!!! the 30% for preordering The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii (I just used their copy of GI)

**: Not part of 3/10 deal

icongamecube.gif

Paper Mario: $9
Donkey Konga 2: $3 (Down $5 from Wiki)
Mario Party 4: $11
Geist: $4
**Madden 2002:$1
iconps2_r2.gif

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
We Love Katamari: $12
Tony Hawk 3: $1
**NCAA 05 Football: $1
**Madden 06: $3
**Madden 04: $1
**Madden 03: $1
Gauntlet Dark Legacy: $4
God of War: $9
Goldeneye Rogue Agent: $3
Alien Hominid: $6
007 Nightfire: $2
Tekken 5: $7
iconds.gif

Brain Age: $8
iconxbox_r2.gif

Prince of Persia: SOT: $2.50

Then the cashier manually added the 30% extra ($45.34!!!). Then I was going to return some accesories for Store Credit, but then they cashier said that I could only get as the trade-in amount plus edge. I traded in 2 DK bongos for $3.30 each, a broken PS2 Controller for $3.30, and a defective Gamecube controller (1st party wired) for $7.70.

With all of that traded in, edge added, 3/10 added, 30% manually added, I came up with a Grand Total of... $218.26!!!. The cashier then subtracted $52.49 (Zelda pre-order cost) leaving me with $165.77 credit. Adding that to my existing EB Edge Credit, I now have $249.03 + Zelda Wii preordered; all for trading in shitty old games, and some defective controllers.:D:D:D[/quote]

great scam on the controllers

[quote name='ureadyforacold1']great scam on the controllers[/quote]

Yea, now if someone goes to buy those controllers, they are going to end up making 2 trips to the store because someone knowingly traded in broken controllers. Sorry, but even though I know many want to make money out of this, trading in stuff that you know is broken is wrong IMO.

[quote name='pop311']Does the cover of GI that has the 30% have the kid from"The Bully" on it? Can some one scan the coupon please?[/quote]

You can't use a scan of the coupon, it is a contruction paper that is printed on. A printout on normal paper would be obvious it is a copy. Plus, the magazine is the Devil May Cry issue (October).

[quote name='allout1986']Yea, now if someone goes to buy those controllers, they are going to end up making 2 trips to the store because someone knowingly traded in broken controllers. Sorry, but even though I know many want to make money out of this, trading in stuff that you know is broken is wrong IMO.[/quote]Actually, I wanted to return them fo rcredit, but I wasn't allowed.

If at first you don't succeed...

Got my DS Tiger Woods taken in as part of the Trade 3 deal tonight, along with Hot Shots Golf Open Tee (which the other store SHOULD have taken). I wish I had my ESPN College Hoops 2K5 with me, dammit!

Hehehe I guess I should never mention then that I traded in a crap Xbox controller I got from a local shop for $3 or $4 and well, it was when they had one of their former trade deals.

Thing is, with Gamestop absorbing so many chains nowadays, it'll make returning those horrid condition controllers easier.

Either way, I feel no remorse about giving EB my crap systems and controllers in the past. Hell, the one store never tested systems for a while, so I could've traded my opened 'dead' PS2 I took apart to base components for a while in for credit on a 'working' system.

With their horrid trade prices, I would feel no remorse, it would be like 'getting even' a little bit.

OK, for a while there we had several people updating the wiki (though mostly it was me and Botticus). Now it seems no one is doing it! I went back about 5 pages and updated everything. There's more stuff back further - someone else can dig through that. I'll try to keep it up to date from here on (though I'd appreciate any help!).

A few GC games went up quite a bit. For example, PoP WW went from $4 to $8!

Anyway, it is up to date TO HERE, but only from about page 49...

[quote name='io']OK, for a while there we had several people updating the wiki (though mostly it was me and Botticus). Now it seems no one is doing it! I went back about 5 pages and updated everything. There's more stuff back further - someone else can dig through that. I'll try to keep it up to date from here on (though I'd appreciate any help!).

Anyway, it is up to date TO HERE, but only from about page 49...[/quote]

Sorry, io. I was trying to help keep it up-to-date, but people post so often in this thread, it's pretty difficult.

[quote name='yukine']Sorry, io. I was trying to help keep it up-to-date, but people post so often in this thread, it's pretty difficult.[/QUOTE]

I'm just as guilty as everyone else - I hadn't done it in a while either :lol:. I just wanted to bring it up because I thought maybe everyone thought someone else was doing it, and I don't want people to stop posting the values if they see they aren't being added. SO, keep those prices coming, we'll get 'em in there one way or another.

[quote name='io']OK, for a while there we had several people updating the wiki (though mostly it was me and Botticus). Now it seems no one is doing it! I went back about 5 pages and updated everything. There's more stuff back further - someone else can dig through that. I'll try to keep it up to date from here on (though I'd appreciate any help!).

Anyway, it is up to date TO HERE, but only from about page 49...[/QUOTE]

DUDE, I don't know what you're talking about. I've been updating it about every few days....

Questions about the EB Edge card thing...

Can you sign up for it and immediately get to use it for the additional 10% on trade-ins? If not, how long does it take to arrive.

Should I bother with 2 weeks before 3/10 deal ends? Read somewhere here that it is going bye bye at the end of the year anyway. What happens to it then? Does it convert to a GS equivalent?

Thanks!

I bought my Gamestop Get More Card this past March and every time I try to trade it in they tell me its expired. I looked at the card after I traded in today, and the moron marked it for expiration March 06. I have been turned down multiple times and they always eventually let me use it, but is there something I can do for them to change it to the correct day?

I tried to trade in a Max Payne I bought from them, but they said the disc was to scratched up. I played it once since i bought it! I think the guy messed up on my trade in's but it was for the good.

EDIT: NVM I did the math, he added the extra on another game.

Here are trade in values

SW BF 2 $8
SOCOM 3 $7
Max Payne 2 $.50

[quote name='Hibiwa']Questions about the EB Edge card thing...

Can you sign up for it and immediately get to use it for the additional 10% on trade-ins? If not, how long does it take to arrive.

Should I bother with 2 weeks before 3/10 deal ends? Read somewhere here that it is going bye bye at the end of the year anyway. What happens to it then? Does it convert to a GS equivalent?

Thanks![/quote]You pay $15, get the Edge(immediatly) and a subscription to Game informer. If you are trading in or buy, the 10% is added(or subtracted) that transaction.

[quote name='Manning']I bought my Gamestop Get More Card this past March and every time I try to trade it in they tell me its expired. I looked at the card after I traded in today, and the moron marked it for expiration March 06. I have been turned down multiple times and they always eventually let me use it, but is there something I can do for them to change it to the correct day?[/quote]

Bring in a copy of your Game Informer magazine in... or at least a cut out of the postal information. It has your card number on it along with the expiration date.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hehehe I guess I should never mention then that I traded in a crap Xbox controller I got from a local shop for $3 or $4 and well, it was when they had one of their former trade deals.

Thing is, with Gamestop absorbing so many chains nowadays, it'll make returning those horrid condition controllers easier.

Either way, I feel no remorse about giving EB my crap systems and controllers in the past. Hell, the one store never tested systems for a while, so I could've traded my opened 'dead' PS2 I took apart to base components for a while in for credit on a 'working' system.

With their horrid trade prices, I would feel no remorse, it would be like 'getting even' a little bit.[/quote]

lol theres a difference between 'getting even' with a gamestop and screwing other people over. trading in mass amounts of games for more than they sell them at is getting even, selling in broken hardware that someone else would buy is not getting even

Some price updates for the wiki, all traded this morning:

PS2
Escape from Monkey Island $4
Sega Superstars $2.50
Manhunt $2
Beyond Good & Evil $3
Marc Ecko's Getting Up $6

Gamecube
Metroid Prime $1.50
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker $7

Xbox
Urbz $2.50
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction $7
Lego Star Wars $9
Burnout 2 $2
Carve $1

[quote name='pop311']You pay $15, get the Edge(immediatly) and a subscription to Game informer. If you are trading in or buy, the 10% is added(or subtracted) that transaction.[/quote]

Didn't know the 10% off for buying too. Thanks for the info. Now I have to scrounge up some more games to bring in.

On the Wiki, Need for Speed Most Wanted XBOX was $14 on 6/14/06, but I only got $8 a few days ago -- even though someone else said they got $14 recently. It wasn't updated with my trade-in price so if anyone else can prove otherwise, Im going with store/region/supply fluctuation. (Griping cause I'm jealous.)

[quote name='Zon27']DUDE, I don't know what you're talking about. I've been updating it about every few days....[/QUOTE]

OK, well, that's great, but you didn't mark the thread with where you updated to (which is what we were doing before so the next person would know where to start). And many of the Kmart games people have been trading for weeks still had June or July prices on them. You can take the next update - start from my last post :lol:.

I was banned today from trading in at any EB/Gamestops in my area by the DM, I found it out today when I took a stack of games in to trade this morning. What sucks is I was told I was banned for trading to many of the same game in at the same store, even after I asked if I that would be a problem. I was also told by the guy working that the DM was at a conferance in Dallas and when he gets back he is going to call me about voiding out my credit.

I know this does not really but this time around I didnt even flip games between one EB to another it was all K-Mart games and games from my own collection. I did flip some games in July when they had that bonus for Kingdom Hearts 2, but that was really it.

I ended up trading in the 9 I was going to trade at EB this morning at the local mom-n-pop place and only got $44.00 in credit there when i would have got at least $65.00 at the EB.

Me and my wife go to Altoona, PA alot to visit her mom I already called and their EB has another DM, do you think I will have a problem trading in there?(I only have 6 more games to trade in, all from K-Mart)

[quote name='ajh2298']I was banned today from trading in at any EB/Gamestops in my area by the DM, I found it out today when I took a stack of games in to trade this morning. What sucks is I was told I was banned for trading to many of the same game in at the same store, even after I asked if I that would be a problem. I was also told by the guy working that the DM was at a conferance in Dallas and when he gets back he is going to call me about voiding out my credit.
[/QUOTE]

Man, that seriously sucks... I didn't think EB did that kind of crap - it sounds like something GR used to do (about a year ago - even they have stopped now). What is this about "voiding out your credit"? Are they seriously going to take away your credit? They had better give back every one of the games you traded in if they are going to do that. I can't believe they can or will actually do that - maybe they are just being jerks about it and trying to scare you.

It is all very wierd though - I hope it works out. Which game, in particular, were they claiming you traded too many of? I know I've done 4-6 copies of some of the Kmart games spread across a few stores (and probably no more than 2 or 3 at any one store). I really didn't think EB cared about that sort of thing as long as the games came from other places. Now, maybe, they really think you are flipping - so you want to clear that up. I know a few cases of the GR bannings were because they thought people were trading in stolen games. Maybe receipts and all that will clear it up.

Otherwise, if they just don't like getting multiples of the same game I could see them banning you from trading more, sure, but to void your credit?? That can't be possible.

Well, the first Gamestop told me "no" about adding an additional 30% onto the 3/$10 deal. I figured I'd tray my luck at the other Gamestop just two minutes down the street. I'm sure glad I did! The associate let me do the 3/$10 deal (except on X360 games, which I had 4 of, and affected two of my sets, darn!)

I think how he did it was:

Base price + 10% MORE card + 3/$10 + 30% preorder bonus = total

I traded in:

GCN

Geist $4
Sonic Mega Collection $4
Mega Man Anniv $5
SSX3 $4

Xbox

Max Payne 2 $.50
Sega GT/ JSRF $1
Star Wars Clone Wars: $1
Sonic Mega Collection Plus $6

Xbox 360

Call of Duty 2 $12
Chromehounds $18
Tomb Raider $11
Need for Speed MW $10

DS

Animal Crossing $15
Star Fox $20
Mario Kart $20

TOTAL AFTER BONUSES: $219.84 (!)

I preordered in full RESISTENCE (PS3), ZELDA (Wii), RED STEEL (Wii), and GEARS OF WAR CE (X360) for only $9.14 out of my pocket. While it sucks I had to get rid of a bug chunk of my collection, I really don't think I'd play most of those games ever again. This way, I can most likely afford both a PS3 and Wii this holiday because I won't have to buy any games for them.

[quote name='io']Man, that seriously sucks... I didn't think EB did that kind of crap - it sounds like something GR used to do (about a year ago - even they have stopped now). What is this about "voiding out your credit"? Are they seriously going to take away your credit? They had better give back every one of the games you traded in if they are going to do that. I can't believe they can or will actually do that - maybe they are just being jerks about it and trying to scare you.

It is all very wierd though - I hope it works out. Which game, in particular, were they claiming you traded too many of? I know I've done 4-6 copies of some of the Kmart games spread across a few stores (and probably no more than 2 or 3 at any one store). I really didn't think EB cared about that sort of thing as long as the games came from other places. Now, maybe, they really think you are flipping - so you want to clear that up. I know a few cases of the GR bannings were because they thought people were trading in stolen games. Maybe receipts and all that will clear it up.

Otherwise, if they just don't like getting multiples of the same game I could see them banning you from trading more, sure, but to void your credit?? That can't be possible.[/QUOTE]

What kills me is the guy said it is part of their trade-in policy that they can only accept 1 of the same title per person, not per trade per person. I just want to know where is this so called policy posted and where could somebody read it.

It isn't up to you to know their store policy. If that's their policy, there is no reason their employees shouldn't know it and prevent you from trading multiples on the spot when you bring the trades in, not months after the fact. Heck, since they keep track of everything on their computer, they should be able to do that quite easily.

If they try to void your credit, you should take them to court. They don't have a right to undo a deal weeks or months later.

[quote name='stevecrime']It isn't up to you to know their store policy. If that's their policy, there is no reason their employees shouldn't know it and prevent you from trading multiples on the spot when you bring the trades in, not months after the fact. Heck, since they keep track of everything on their computer, they should be able to do that quite easily.

If they try to void your credit, you should take them to court. They don't have a right to undo a deal weeks or months later.[/QUOTE]

What buggs me the most is I asked the store manager last week and I quote "I have like five copies of each of these 3 games, I got them really cheap at K-Mart will that be a problem" And then he replied, "No just dont bring them all in on 1 day and it wont be a problem".

[quote name='xboxowns']So the Extra 10 credit deal doesn't apply to GBA games? Goddamnit.[/quote]

I think it does, I took in Wario Twisted and it worked.

[quote name='ajh2298']What buggs me the most is I asked the store manager last week and I quote "I have like five copies of each of these 3 games, I got them really cheap at K-Mart will that be a problem" And then he replied, "No just dont bring them all in on 1 day and it wont be a problem".[/quote]

That is how it used to work. Used to be, if you spread out when you traded them in, then you should have been fine. The DM must have had an eye on the store and noticed what was going on. So you can't really blame whoever told you that because that is usually how it was possible.

I don't understand why it matters. They are just going to turn around and make more money then what they gave you. Wish I knew someone who would explain the need for this "rule".

As long as they dont touch my credit I dont care, like I said i only have 6 more games to trade in and I should have no problem trading them in Altoona next week.

[quote name='ajh2298']I was banned today from trading in at any EB/Gamestops in my area by the DM, I found it out today when I took a stack of games in to trade this morning. What sucks is I was told I was banned for trading to many of the same game in at the same store, even after I asked if I that would be a problem. I was also told by the guy working that the DM was at a conferance in Dallas and when he gets back he is going to call me about voiding out my credit.

I know this does not really but this time around I didnt even flip games between one EB to another it was all K-Mart games and games from my own collection. I did flip some games in July when they had that bonus for Kingdom Hearts 2, but that was really it.

I ended up trading in the 9 I was going to trade at EB this morning at the local mom-n-pop place and only got $44.00 in credit there when i would have got at least $65.00 at the EB.

Me and my wife go to Altoona, PA alot to visit her mom I already called and their EB has another DM, do you think I will have a problem trading in there?(I only have 6 more games to trade in, all from K-Mart)[/QUOTE]

Get a lawyer ready if they try to void your credit and not give your games back. That's some serious bullshit.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I think it does, I took in Wario Twisted and it worked.[/QUOTE]

GBA games MOST DEFINITELY do not count, but as always, you can get the odd clerk or two to accept them. Consider yourself very lucky though - I'd figure them taking GBA games is way less likely then old sports games.

[quote name='ajh2298']As long as they dont touch my credit I dont care, like I said i only have 6 more games to trade in and I should have no problem trading them in Altoona next week.[/quote]
Man, that sucks. I can't see how they could legally take your trade credit without returnng your games. Then again, I haven't read the full text of the trade agreement.

So you just got in trouble because you traded multiple copies at one store? I've traded in several copies of some Kmart games, but only one copy per store. I think I'll keep it that way on future trades, hopefully I'll be safe that way. And here I thought I wasn't going to have to deal with that sort of thing anymore when I stopped trading at GameRush.

[quote name='elmyra'] And here I thought I wasn't going to have to deal with that sort of thing anymore when I stopped trading at GameRush.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this sounds a lot like what was going on at GR last year - certain managers and DM's interpreting the trade agreement with all these bizarre rules and then banning people based on that. The only rule spelled out in the agreement was a max of 2 copies of a game PER DAY - but some interpreted that, somehow, to mean 1 copy ever :roll:.

And as for the credit theft - I dealt with this situation recently at GR. A clerk had accepted a few games that shouldn't have qualified for their $5 bonus. I signed the trade agreement and thought that was it. The manager then reviewed the trade (days later), and REMOVED $15 from my account. I went in several times and no one bothered to tell me. I only noticed when I went through receipts to check on my total credit. Of course, I would never have traded the 3 games he removed the bonus credit for, as some were under $1 otherwise. He talked to his "loss prevention" guy and said he was justified in doing this - but this ONE time, he game me the credit back. Now, apparently, it is MY responsibility to ensure that the clerks follow all their own rules.

But it seems asinine that they can take back credit that you SIGNED for as part of the trade transaction. They said they couldn't give my games back even - as all trades are final. Well, if that's the fucking case, you can't remove credit a week later either!

I am not really worried about losing the credit, I think the EB clerk was just blowing smoke up my ass. I wanted to try and call another EB in the area that I have not been to as of yet just to see if such a banning has taken place, but I dont even know how to ask that over the phone, and not make it seem a little weird.

where can i find the gamestop/ebgames trade agreement? isnt the credit stored on your edge card/trade receipts, how do they void those without access to them? worst thing i can see happen is if they take away the promotional credit and let u keep the credit that you wouldve gotten...which would suck just as much.

Are you only supposed to get a 10% bonus if you actually APPLY trade-in credit towards a pre-order?

The guy told me I'd get 10% extra if I simply put $5 down to preorder something. I reserved myself a copy of Guitar Hero 2 and, with that added 10% bonus to the credit I got by trading stuff in, I think I actually made around $2 by doing so.

Hmm!

[quote name='Capt Dirty Jack']Are you only supposed to get a 10% bonus if you actually APPLY trade-in credit towards a pre-order?

The guy told me I'd get 10% extra if I simply put $5 down to preorder something. I reserved myself a copy of Guitar Hero 2 and, with that added 10% bonus to the credit I got by trading stuff in, I think I actually made around $2 by doing so.

Hmm![/quote]

nice

When they say no old sports titles 2006 and older do they also mean extreme sports titles. Would THPS, NBA street, etc, work with the trade 3 get $10 deal.

[quote name='io']But it seems asinine that they can take back credit that you SIGNED for as part of the trade transaction. They said they couldn't give my games back even - as all trades are final. Well, if that's the fucking case, you can't remove credit a week later either![/quote]
Unless these chains have a clause in the trade contract allowing them to modify the terms after the fact, I doubt they can legally take your credit once the trade has been completed. That having been said, I also doubt many people who trade games have the resources to challenge them in court over a few dollars.

[quote name='elmyra']Unless these chains have a clause in the trade contract allowing them to modify the terms after the fact, I doubt they can legally take your credit once the trade has been completed. That having been said, I also doubt many people who trade games have the resources to challenge them in court over a few dollars.[/quote]

just because people trade games in dosent mean they are poor, they are just on the lazy side or on the smarter side (like a good amount of us here);)

and i believe ajh2298 has over $1000 in credit so it would be ideal to persue some legal advice if it came down to it

did WELL today...

changed $92 of GameRush credit into $146 dollars of EB credit using 9 of the used PSP games from GR

let me stack the 3/$10, 30% preorder for Gears and 10% Edge card.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back