*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasuke543']Is there a way I can order BF3 online and have it shipped to my local store? I really wanted BF3, but came in late for the party! :([/QUOTE]

you can order bf3 through bestbuy.com

[quote name='shadowkast']I almost got the witcher free...but i screwed up because i was also trying to get the tshirt thrown in for free (wish i still think should have happened. No one is going to buy those shirts at $49.99). That's when she realized she forgot to scan the actual game. Almost walked out with dead island steel book and witcher for $5!!!![/QUOTE]

So then did you get the shirt since you paid for Witcher?

[quote name='trunks982']im still waiting for my issue.[/QUOTE]

this, I got my membership in early June and still haven't got an issue :(

So I had a bad experience trying to use the "$10-off Used Game 29.99+" coupon today.

Tried to use it on a copy of :360:Kinect Star Wars @ 29.99.

Sticker had a 39.99 sticker, and rang up as such. Mentioned to the cashier that the website listed it as 29.99 (which is how I found out about it), so she checked and dropped it down to 29.99. Handed her the coupon, but the transaction rang up as if the price was still 39.99 base.

I thought this wasn't right, politely said as much, and there was a manager near by that explained that since it was a 'price match', they couldn't do both 'discounts'. This seemed like complete BS, and again I politely said as much, since it's not a price match if you're honoring your own price. The excuse she repeated was that she could only do what the computer did, logic be damned.

Needless to say, I didn't pick up the game. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I was under the assumption BBY honored their online price as a policy now, not as a "bonus" discount/service.

[quote name='sasuke543']Is there a way I can order BF3 online and have it shipped to my local store? I really wanted BF3, but came in late for the party! :([/QUOTE]

I don't think so if you're trying to use the coupon since the coupon is for in-store use only. I saw someone mention that they went to the store and had them place an order from the store for Witcher and got the coupon to work so you can most likely do the same for BF3

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']So I had a bad experience trying to use the "$10-off Used Game 29.99+" coupon today.

Tried to use it on a copy of :360:Kinect Star Wars @ 29.99.

Sticker had a 39.99 sticker, and rang up as such. Mentioned to the cashier that the website listed it as 29.99 (which is how I found out about it), so she checked and dropped it down to 29.99. Handed her the coupon, but the transaction rang up as if the price was still 39.99 base.

I thought this wasn't right, politely said as much, and there was a manager near by that explained that since it was a 'price match', they couldn't do both 'discounts'. This seemed like complete BS, and again I politely said as much, since it's not a price match if you're honoring your own price. The excuse she repeated was that she could only do what the computer did, logic be damned.

Needless to say, I didn't pick up the game. Has anyone else had an issue like this? I was under the assumption BBY honored their online price as a policy now, not as a "bonus" discount/service.[/QUOTE]

This happened during the Fable III coupon last month. In store it was 18.99 or something and online the price was 14.99. If you tried to PM online and scan the coupon, it would take it off the original price. You need a manager override if you to do both since the computer will only do one or another and like you've just experienced, you may get a manager who won't do it.

[quote name='trunks982']im still waiting for my issue.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I called @gamer's customer service and they told me that since I recently changed my address I may need to wait for USPS to forward it.
However, I changed my address in the system at least a week before the magazine started coming out, so I'm pretty sure that they had my correct address by the time it got shipped.
I'll wait till tomorrow, if it doesn't come I'll go to the store and explain my situation.

Question: I've never been a fan of non-horror, non-Bioshock FPS games. I started playing CoD Black Ops recently, and I'm not liking it very much. It feels like a Michael Bay movie. Is BF3 any better?

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']This happened during the Fable III coupon last month. In store it was 18.99 or something and online the price was 14.99. If you tried to PM online and scan the coupon, it would take it off the original price. You need a manager override if you to do both since the computer will only do one or another and like you've just experienced, you may get a manager who won't do it.[/QUOTE]

Lame. I just don't consider it a PM in the first place, I guess, but a mistagged item. Thanks for the heads up, btw.

[quote name='confoosious']Just started prototype2. Is the indicator that tells you where to go there the whole game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The city is fairly big so you pretty much need it or you'll never finish the game. Enjoy the game. If you like inFamous then you should like this game too.

Question, everytime I purchase something at BBY they always say that my GCU expires 9/12/12 which is what it says on my RZ also. So I logged on to my @Gamer acct and it says expires 12/1/12. Does that mean that my extra 10% trade in expires 9/12 but I will still be receiving the @Gamer Mag til Dec? I'm confuse.

[quote name='jr1016']Question, everytime I purchase something at BBY they always say that my GCU expires 9/12/12 which is what it says on my RZ also. So I logged on to my @Gamer acct and it says expires 12/1/12. Does that mean that my extra 10% trade in expires 9/12 but I will still be receiving the @Gamer Mag til Dec? I'm confuse.[/QUOTE]

I think that's how it works. My RZ account says my Unlocked status expires on 9/19/12 but my @GAMER account says the January issue will be my last if I don't renew (which I will). Since the coupons can be used without the Unlocked membership, it would be acceptable to keep receiving the magazine after the GCU expiration.

[quote name='YBX87']you do realize you can not use the coupon on the premium edition of bf3 with the coupon, right?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it work? It doesn't say that it'll work for collector's editions and yet it does. I see no reason why you can't justify getting the premium for 30 bucks.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Think I may have gotten a free :360: Prototype 2 by mistake. Looked at my receipt and it shows the $30 off coupon applied to the total, but either the game dropped in price or the associate never rang the game. Website still shows $49.99 and that was the tag in store, but I only paid $15+tax for Witcher 2 & Dead Island Riptide Steelcase reservation...

The only other thought was that it was a launch "radnet" copy. Not sure if this has a different SKU for BB, but maybe it was clearanced out at $29.99? I would think even if it was $29.99 it should show $29.99 on the receipt and then further below the $30 off, but I suppose it's worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Are they giving out the steelbooks before pick up/release?

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Why wouldn't it work? It doesn't say that it'll work for collector's editions and yet it does. I see no reason why you can't justify getting the premium for 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I believe someone posted earlier (waaaaay earlier) exactly which LE's worked with the coupons and which didn't. But I couldn't find the post quick enough, so take that with a grain of salt.

Otherwise you actually got me to think about the possibility of it working long enough, that I realized that even after getting my vanilla copy for $10 I'd still have to shell out $50 for the DLC, so it'd be $60 regardless. Whew run-on-sentence....

Now I play the waiting game...

You can play and VERY much enjoy BF3 with the vanilla it's well worth the MSRP and a absolute steal at $10. Actually if you really are a newbie it may be more fun with vanilla for a bit as all the vets will be on Armored kill when it releases in 2 weeks on PS3

That said I have premium and itching for the 360 to get the expansio this week. Surprised to see a shelf of BF3 when I finally got around to going in with coupon today. Grabbed on to Ebay to some poor soul. ;)

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah. The city is fairly big so you pretty much need it or you'll never finish the game. Enjoy the game. If you like inFamous then you should like this game too.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'll finish it and trade it into amazon. Thanks.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah. The city is fairly big so you pretty much need it or you'll never finish the game. Enjoy the game. If you like inFamous then you should like this game too.[/QUOTE]
And see, I enjoyed Prototype more than I did inFamous. But that was largely due to the 'good or bad' thing inFamous tried doing and the fact that they padded the damn game with the shard collectibles thing. Albeit a lot of games do that shit now, some even adding in a couple hundred or MORE items(see: Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs, etc, etc).

Oh and btw, I looked like 3 times for this post on this thread and finally realized you changed your avatar.:whistle2:#

Still waiting for my issue as well. I just signed up on August 17th so I don't see any reason why I would have any trouble receiving the September issue.

[quote name='Odinsfury']Still waiting for my issue as well. I just signed up on August 17th so I don't see any reason why I would have any trouble receiving the September issue.[/QUOTE]

I signed up in june and this month's issue was my first. I think next month's, if not a November issue might be your first. Same time frame for your welcome coupons.

If you log in Gamer site it tells you which issue they sent you.

I just changed my address so I'm probably screwed for this month. Considering changing to digital. Has any digital member received their coupons?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']If you log in Gamer site it tells you which issue they sent you.

I just changed my address so I'm probably screwed for this month. Considering changing to digital. Has any digital member received their coupons?[/QUOTE]

Just go to the store and explain to them why you haven't recieved your mag and they'll more than likely give it to you

3rd trip to BB

Witcher 2-9.99
Prototype 2-19.99
Battlefield 3 LE- 9.99

went to GS got a little over $60, grabbed used copy of Madden 13, used Pepsi code, OTD for $34 and 26 to the card.

Also, cashier didn't take my coupons again, tempting to wait for P2 to drop even more and do a 4th.

Picked up 3 copies prototye 2 for a total of 30 and hand them out as gifts to a few friends and also picked up mass effect 3 collector edition for 30 :)

[quote name='smacd101']So then did you get the shirt since you paid for Witcher?[/QUOTE]

No luck, girl tried everything and to talked to everyone to no avail

[quote name='shadowkast']No luck, girl tried everything and to talked to everyone to no avail[/QUOTE]

Lol , cat did it to himself stop your crying.

[quote name='pun123']3rd trip to BB

Witcher 2-9.99
Prototype 2-19.99
Battlefield 3 LE- 9.99

went to GS got a little over $60, grabbed used copy of Madden 13, used Pepsi code, OTD for $34 and 26 to the card.

Also, cashier didn't take my coupons again, tempting to wait for P2 to drop even more and do a 4th.[/QUOTE]

of course the 50% tiv will be over at gamestop tomorrow, so if your waiting for prototype to drop to flip another may not be worth it.

[quote name='jedex']Picked up 3 copies prototye 2 for a total of 30 and hand them out as gifts to a few friends and also picked up mass effect 3 collector edition for 30 :)[/QUOTE]

howd you get prototype 2 for $10?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']howd you get prototype 2 for $10?[/QUOTE]

Best buy in san Antonio has prototype 2 for 40 with the coupon (-30 dollars) becomes 10.

[quote name='Althax']I wish wish wish I could get bf3 for 10$.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried going to the store and ask if they can order one for you with the coupon? I know somebody reported that that worked for him.

Lol I thought "hey I will save time and call bestbuy and see if they have these games in stock", but of course transferred and no one picks up phone at either of 3 stores, I dunno I rarely have any luck via phone with bestbuy, almost worst then Wal-mart.

[quote name='jedex']Picked up 3 copies prototye 2 for a total of 30 and hand them out as gifts to a few friends and also picked up mass effect 3 collector edition for 30 :)[/QUOTE]

how? wouldn't it be 20 after the coupon?

The (new) copy I got from Amazon wasn't sealed.

[quote name='Zygote']anyone
know if the mass effect collector edition supposed to be sealed? the copy i saw has a big sticker over the spine[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pun123']3rd trip to BB

Witcher 2-9.99
Prototype 2-19.99
Battlefield 3 LE- 9.99

Also, cashier didn't take my coupons again, tempting to wait for P2 to drop even more and do a 4th.[/QUOTE]
Did you pay for those games at BB with cash or credit? Either way, you should've also tried to see if they could've applied the $10 off a $29.99 or more coupon code that's out there now that doesn't expire till the 30th of this month. But that still sounds like a lot of work and hassle for a game that will likely be $40 or less new in about 3-4 months.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you pay for those games at BB with cash or credit? Either way, you should've also tried to see if they could've applied the $10 off a $29.99 or more coupon code that's out there now that doesn't expire till the 30th of this month. But that still sounds like a lot of work and hassle for a game that will likely be $40 or less new in about 3-4 months.[/QUOTE]

i think thats what he meant by pepsi code, though its really from Coke.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ahhh ok. I thought there were two seperate codes. Although I think there is a 25% off one that allegedly stacks too.[/QUOTE]

that one you have to buy with PUR points.

[quote name='sgaldis']Just noticed your new custom title, Cheapest. You sure know how to carry a grudge, don't you? :)[/QUOTE]

I just saw it and I don't even understand it. Why the animosity? Didn't the guy lose his job? He turned K-Mart into the #1 retailer on here while he was working and when he left, barely anyone even talks about them anymore. Is it because he got rid of the $2 clearance of super shitty games that IATCG loves to hoard?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I just saw it and I don't even understand it. Why the animosity? Didn't the guy lose his job? He turned K-Mart into the #1 retailer on here while he was working and when he left, barely anyone even talks about them anymore. Is it because he got rid of the $2 clearance of super shitty games that IATCG loves to hoard?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I guess clearance titles were universal across the board. Same price in any given state. After SHC-Gamer, clearance titles comes down to manager's discretion. I think that's how the story goes.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I just saw it and I don't even understand it. Why the animosity? Didn't the guy lose his job? He turned K-Mart into the #1 retailer on here while he was working and when he left, barely anyone even talks about them anymore. Is it because he got rid of the $2 clearance of super shitty games that IATCG loves to hoard?[/QUOTE]

It's because IATCG is a petty little bottom feeder who is angry that someone else made something of himself when he can't. Does more need to be said?

(I'm sure IATCG will whine to the mods that i'm attacking him but his custom user title and his previous remarks about how he was ecstatic that Josh lost his job is completely out of line.)

bread's done
Back