*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
Is BB giving the welcome packets in store now? I could have sworn I heard someone mention it a while back. When renewing my @gamer sub today i asked for the packet and he had no idea what i was talking about he even checked memos and called ppl from other stores to double check.

Hey will Best Buy do price adjusting? I picked up Prototype 2 with the coupon or 30 and I'd love to get 10 more off it. Sadly I can't find my receipt, but I did print out the receipt from the Reward Zone site and the game is still sealed. Will I have a problem?

That's because IATCG has no real social life so he takes it out on anonymous people on the internet, what else does he have to do besides play video games and troll on forums

[quote name='AteBit']Is BB giving the welcome packets in store now? I could have sworn I heard someone mention it a while back. When renewing my @gamer sub today i asked for the packet and he had no idea what i was talking about he even checked memos and called ppl from other stores to double check.[/QUOTE]

I think they will do this eventually but for the time being they will get mailed to you after a few weeks (expect to wait awhile though).

[quote name='sgaldis']Just noticed your new custom title, Cheapest. You sure know how to carry a grudge, don't you? :)[/QUOTE]
I was wondering when/if someone would notice it actually.:lol: I've been changing it about once a week for the last couple of weeks or so.
[quote name='gettinmoney662']I just saw it and I don't even understand it. Why the animosity? Didn't the guy lose his job? He turned K-Mart into the #1 retailer on here while he was working and when he left, barely anyone even talks about them anymore. Is it because he got rid of the $2 clearance of super shitty games that IATCG loves to hoard?[/QUOTE]
I hate to sound like some of the newer newbies, but I came to CAG for cheap games and paying MSRP in cash + a coupon for another MSRP or near MSRP game wasn't my kinda deal. Both clearance AND the MSRP/coupon deals could've co-existed, but apparently not since corporate only gave a set budget and the 2-3 year old titles I'd have never bought for full price but would take a chance on for $5 took a back seat.
[quote name='confoosious']It's because IATCG is a petty little bottom feeder who is angry that someone else made something of himself when he can't. Does more need to be said?

(I'm sure IATCG will whine to the mods that i'm attacking him but his custom user title and his previous remarks about how he was ecstatic that Josh lost his job is completely out of line.)[/QUOTE]
Nah. I'm not like some of the other lil bitches on here who gotta hit the report button when someone hurts their widdle feelings. Although I have reported some people who got temp banned or silenced and decided to make an alt account(see: ijustw1n, who came back as istillwin) but that's only because I don't like them.:evil:

And supposedly your pal Josh still works for SHC, just not in gaming. At least that's what I've heard.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I hate to sound like some of the newer newbies, but I came to CAG for cheap games and paying MSRP in cash + a coupon for another MSRP or near MSRP game wasn't my kinda deal.[/QUOTE]

So because you didn't like the deals, you are happy someone lost their job and put fuck them in your user title? Wow, you are a piece of shit.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So because you didn't like the deals, you are happy someone lost their job and put fuck them in your user title? Wow, you are a piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

Obama has done it to millions, vote him out!

[quote name='pun123']Obama has done it to millions, vote him out![/QUOTE]

Hey it's better than saying "fuck it" after a hurricane rips a state to shreds and kills thousands of people but lets not get this started

I Feel @Gamer threads wouldn't be a thread until we get a senseless argument and clean up! Quick! Everyone type something stupid in reference to the current argument because it'll get deleted anyways!

[quote name='bajingo']Boo. Let's go back to talking about why some people are able to get prototype 2 for $10 and some aren't.[/QUOTE]

I actually would love to know this since i just paid $20.

oh nevermind i just saw that it was someone's store had it on sale for $40. Just lucky for them.

Pretty good game for $20.

[quote name='confoosious']What a troll. You're really sad, you know that?[/QUOTE]
I could say the same about you for pointing out when I repeat stuff or bring up how X was $Y at such and such place and you come back with your oh so brilliant 'time machine' line. Like I said before, you're my stalker on here. But eh, everybody needs a hobby I suppose, huh?;)
[quote name='gettinmoney662']So because you didn't like the deals, you are happy someone lost their job and put fuck them in your user title? Wow, you are a piece of shit.[/QUOTE]
While I may have initially wished for him to lose his job, I do hope he was able to get another one if he was laid off completely from SHC and I have heard that he is still working for them but just not in the same position.

For you to wish someone loses their job is messed up, especially in these hard times and tough economy. But all over video game stuff? That you didn't get? Grow up.

So was just enjoying a battlefield 3 multiplayer game and the game froze my ps3...is this normal? Are you guys having the same issues? I played 3 games no problems last night, and now this, wtf ?

[quote name='mars009']So was just enjoying a battlefield 3 multiplayer game and the game froze my ps3...is this normal? Are you guys having the same issues? I played 3 games no problems last night, and now this, wtf ?[/QUOTE]
Don't be too alarmed, it's normal. It froze on me in SP. last time even Deus Ex froze on me.

[quote name='TooPoor']Don't be too alarmed, it's normal. It froze on me in SP. last time even Deus Ex froze on me.[/QUOTE]

You do know every time the PS3 freezes, it damages the PS3 in some way right?

[quote name='mars009']So was just enjoying a battlefield 3 multiplayer game and the game froze my ps3...is this normal? Are you guys having the same issues? I played 3 games no problems last night, and now this, wtf ?[/QUOTE]

Did this search on Google:"battlefield 3 froze ps3 2012" and there are a number of topics on it. Must be annoying.:whistle2:# I remember when I used to go in the Lockwood store on PS Home and it used to freeze, causing me to have to reboot!:bomb:

http://community.eu.playstation.com...lefield-3-keeps-freezing-my-PS3/td-p/16094579

[quote name='JayRooster']You do know every time the PS3 freezes, it damages the PS3 in some way right?[/QUOTE]

only if you shut it off using the switch on the back.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']only if you shut it off using the switch on the back.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I forgot to mention only if you do a hard reset it can damage your ps3

[quote name='JayRooster']Oh yeah I forgot to mention only if you do a hard reset it can damage your ps3[/QUOTE]

I assume hard resets are gone on the slim since the only way to do a reset is to press the power button, and it doesn't have the power switch in the back like the fatty did. I just went ahead and pressed the power button, and as always ps3 did a beep and turned off. I'll take a break for a while, and will try to play again today. As I said I played 3 BF3 multiplayer games last night with 0 issues, so I found that kinda weird.

Ok, sorry for the rant :whistle2:#

[quote name='Desousa93']Are they giving out the steelbooks before pick up/release?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they had a bulk-out display of maybe 20 or so steelbooks of Riptide and you get it when you drop the $5 reservation fee. Similar to what they were doing with AC3. Kinda neat artwork on the sb too.

Dead-Island-Riptide-Steelbook.jpg

[quote name='intoxicated662']For you to wish someone loses their job is messed up, especially in these hard times and tough economy. But all over video game stuff? That you didn't get? Grow up.[/QUOTE]
I said initially, but after a while I didn't want him losing his job. Again though, from what I've heard he is still with SHC but just not in the gaming department or heading it.
[quote name='JayRooster']You do know every time the PS3 freezes, it damages the PS3 in some way right?[/QUOTE]
So then that means I intentionally damaged my PS3 10x or more by playing online co-op with three other people on Dead Island. Just fuckin' great. THIS is exactly why I refuse to buy many new games at MSRP anymore, since some companies release a buggy as shit game and then patch it till Doomsday.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think I had any issues when playing the single player, but the mp for that game is a buggy pos that they gave up trying to fix after a while.

FYI: When I start getting freezing issues on my PS3, I do either restore file system or rebuild database and that solves any freezing issues for a while.

You can do that from the safe mode menu on the PS3. Here's a link to a FAQ telling you how to get there.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/14/keep-your-ps3-safe-with-this-guide/

Shifting topics back to coupons... What are folks using their $10 off used coupon? The selection at my two local BBs is pretty sparse. I really don't know if I will take advantage of that coupon this month, especially with GS's $10 off coke code, at least their selection is better (already snagged a Madden 13 and GR:Future Soldier).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

So then that means I intentionally damaged my PS3 10x or more by playing online co-op with three other people on Dead Island. Just fuckin' great. THIS is exactly why I refuse to buy many new games at MSRP anymore, since some companies release a buggy as shit game and then patch it till Doomsday.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think I had any issues when playing the single player, but the mp for that game is a buggy pos that they gave up trying to fix after a while.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I don't care what you have to say

[quote name='mars009']I assume hard resets are gone on the slim[/QUOTE]
I thought this too, but the day after I bought a slim last fall Arkham Asylum froze on bootup after I watched its behind the scenes videos in the xmb section, the button wouldn't reset the system so I was forced to pull the plug due the lack of power switch on the back.

I got one of those system check errors when I powered it back on.

[quote name='JayRooster']Cool, I don't care what you have to say[/QUOTE]
Yet you took the time to comment on it and quote my post.;) That right there tells me otherwise.:booty: Good to know I have yet another fan.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yet you took the time to comment on it and quote my post.;) That right there tells me otherwise.:booty: Good to know I have yet another fan.[/QUOTE]

You keep on thinking what you like lol

[quote name='mars009']I assume hard resets are gone on the slim since the only way to do a reset is to press the power button, and it doesn't have the power switch in the back like the fatty did. I just went ahead and pressed the power button, and as always ps3 did a beep and turned off. I'll take a break for a while, and will try to play again today. As I said I played 3 BF3 multiplayer games last night with 0 issues, so I found that kinda weird.

Ok, sorry for the rant :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I think if it beeps 3 times it means it's doing a hard reset but I'm not sure

[quote name='strait edge follower']Are people getting on iatcg nuts and overreacting to him again ? Lol

Anyway 10$ for witcher 2 sounds great ! Too bad my stores wont get more bf3 copys for over a week[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure youre on his nuts since you're defending him

But yeah Witcher 2 is awesome, I bought 2 yesterday, one for me and my brother

[quote name='JayRooster']Pretty sure youre on his nuts since you're defending him

But yeah Witcher 2 is awesome, I bought 2 yesterday, one for me and my brother[/QUOTE]

Whats the gameplay like ? Ive never played part 1 or 2. For 10$ it seems like its worth a shot

[quote name='strait edge follower']Whats the gameplay like ? Ive never played part 1 or 2. For 10$ it seems like its worth a shot[/QUOTE]

It's so fun, I haven't put it down since I got it yesterday it's that good

[quote name='JayRooster']Pretty sure youre on his nuts since you're defending him

But yeah Witcher 2 is awesome, I bought 2 yesterday, one for me and my brother[/QUOTE]
the fuck is up with this guy?

[quote name='kouleefoh']the fuck is up with this guy?[/QUOTE]
My money is on him being a formerly banned CAG who had a beef with me prior due to all the attention he gives my responses at times.

[quote name='kouleefoh']the fuck is up with this guy?[/QUOTE]

Nothing? Lol let me guess, you feel so cool and superior because you've been a member of a video game forum longer than I have

[quote name='JayRooster']Nothing? Lol let me guess, you feel so cool and superior because you've been a member of a video game forum longer than I have[/QUOTE]

OK, I usually leave people alone, but you need to calm down. I've seen your name more than anyone elses the past week. Most of the time it is fighting or questions.

[quote name='JayRooster']Nothing? Lol let me guess, you feel so cool and superior because you've been a member of a video game forum longer than I have[/QUOTE]
no, just wondering why you're trying to rip on everyone tonight. You're trying too hard

[quote name='slowdive21']OK, I usually leave people alone, but you need to calm down. I've seen your name more than anyone elses the past week. Most of the time it is fighting or questions.[/QUOTE]

This.

When new people come they always overreact smh. Oh well

Anyway i would have gotten prototype but i beat it already. My bestbuy has a bunch of steel books so it would have been better. Ill just get it for a flip or trade when the time is right i guess

You're so cool. Can we be friends? We can take long walks out on the beach together, eat cotton candy, and lick each other's toes.

JayRooster, pls. Pls, JR.

[quote name='kouleefoh']no, just wondering why you're trying to rip on everyone tonight. You're trying too hard[/QUOTE]

I'm trying too hard on the Internet? Lmao

bread's done
Back