*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']My oldest wants this game for Xmas and that's a good idea. I think I will partake. Thanks! I'll put the $30 credit, combined with $20 RZ certificate into $50 amazon credit.

Hmm. No sign of KH:DDD at toysrus.com. Hopefully it's in store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you should be able to find it in store, hopefully. I believe the day lasts through the week. I picked up mine on sunday and it worked easy enough.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Why can't every month be a winner? Do you think it is out of line for someone to expect that?

Hey, maybe it is. Maybe gaming covers such a wide variety of genres and systems it would be impossible to please everyone, but I think they could do better. More coupons that work for all titles. Coupons like buy one get one half off type stuff. A five buck voucher for any preorder. Coupons off more digital content.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they make every month an objectively good month compared to months they have had before. If it was a free service, there would maybe be less reasoning to say anything, but it isn't. It isn't going to affect my shopping at BBY, and how they want to handle people facing the choice of renewal for their service is none of my concern, but I am of course entitled to my 2 cents on the matter. Maybe someone from BBY is reading this thread, after all.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is unreasonable. You know why? Cause everyone is different. What appealed to you last month might not appeal to someone who is psyched about this month.

You expect to be a focus group of one. That's not possible. Also CAG isn't the entire game buying universe.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I've never played a Call of Duty game, but it can't hurt to try.
Is there a certain one I should play first before jumping into these two?[/QUOTE]

when its come first person shooter games, it does not matter, unless you are planning to play it for the single player only. most ppl who buy call of duty games, play it for the multiplayer online experience.

If that second set of coupons is true.....looks like I have to re-up my subscription now.

Mine lapsed a few days ago and I was just going to sit it out for a few but I'd like that 3ds KH coupon & the $10 off used as there is a game I'd pick up.

So....how do I handle re-upping to get everything?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I've never played a Call of Duty game, but it can't hurt to try.
Is there a certain one I should play first before jumping into these two?[/QUOTE]If you're playing for the story, play COD4->MW2->MW3. Black Ops has its own story

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']If that second set of coupons is true.....looks like I have to re-up my subscription now.

Mine lapsed a few days ago and I was just going to sit it out for a few but I'd like that 3ds KH coupon & the $10 off used as there is a game I'd pick up.

So....how do I handle re-upping to get everything?[/QUOTE]Just go to the gaming area and sign up exactly like you did the first time. There isnt a special way to do it for resubscribing that I know of yet.

[quote name='Brother Daz']
Just go to the gaming area and sign up exactly like you did the first time. There isnt a special way to do it for resubscribing that I know of yet.[/QUOTE]

Will I receive a new welcome packet and everything?

I never actually signed up in store.....BB sent me of the first few issues of the magazine and I mailed in the card to subscribe.

Around a year later I got a letter in the mail informing me I was going to receive an additional year subscription and become GCU for free.

I haven't payed for the magazine since that initial payment by mail.

So just go to the Gamer Desk and sign up....will I be given a copy of the new mag on the spot? What about welcome packet (I never got one the first time)? And do I have to pay/sign up for GCU?

Any help is appreciated as I haven't had to bother with this in quite a while.

EDIT:

I just got on the @Gamer customer service website and put in my account # info to log in...it says my subscription doesn't expire until November 2012 which means I have two months left. But it's not showing me as a GCU member?

How do I go about fixing that issue?

[quote name='confoosious']Yes it is unreasonable. You know why? Cause everyone is different. What appealed to you last month might not appeal to someone who is psyched about this month.

You expect to be a focus group of one. That's not possible. Also CAG isn't the entire game buying universe.[/QUOTE]
Do you think that I think everyone who buys games in the world is a CAG? I hope not.

So you do not think they can offer more "blanket" deals that cover wide swaths of stock? Maybe some coupons for used games, more for digital titles, a percentage off accesories... and that is me just thinking off the top of my head. I think they can. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I hope I'm not offending you by suggesting they could have better deals, I don't want you to take my thoughts on the deals personally.

Edit: I don't think I should have to say this, but I don't mean a 100 percent satisfaction rate among 100 percent of subscribers. I mean working towards that and trying their best to get as close to that each month a they can. A 100 percent satisfaction rate among 75 percent of subscribers would be better to me than a 50 percent satisfaction rate among 100 percent of subscribers, and I think this is something they can reasonably acheive by keeping an ear to the ground with sites like ours and gamers in general through things like surveys of purchase trend charts, or whatever else.

As far as mentioning CAG, I was talking about the deals in relation to CAG and how the average user here would percieve a CoD sale, when I assume most people here probably already own the games they want to own. I do think however that even outside of this site the majority of people who want a CoD title have probably already gotten it, and a lot of those within the first 3 months whatever title was out. In regards to my last paragraph, it is my personal opinion that instead of trying to appeal to a comparably small amount of people (those who don't have the CoD titles listed, whose hurdle was waiting for the price to go down, who are also GCU members), they could easily cover a more broad spectrum to please more people.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']Will I receive a new welcome packet and everything?

I never actually signed up in store.....BB sent me of the first few issues of the magazine and I mailed in the card to subscribe.

Around a year later I got a letter in the mail informing me I was going to receive an additional year subscription and become GCU for free.

I haven't payed for the magazine since that initial payment by mail.

So just go to the Gamer Desk and sign up....will I be given a copy of the new mag on the spot? What about welcome packet (I never got one the first time)? And do I have to pay/sign up for GCU?

Any help is appreciated as I haven't had to bother with this in quite a while.[/QUOTE]The guys back in the gaming department "should" know everything to do.

Yeah just go to the gaming desk and they'll scan a brochure for the GCU membership. Its $14.99 that you'll need to pay right then. You also get a current issue of the mag when you sign up. I dont know if anyone that has renewed has recieved another welcome packet yet since we've just been starting the first of the renewals but I think I remember reading on here that we do get another welcome packet.

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you're playing for the story, play COD4->MW2->MW3. Black Ops has its own story

Just go to the gaming area and sign up exactly like you did the first time. There isnt a special way to do it for resubscribing that I know of yet.[/QUOTE]

Black ops has some ties to world at war but other than that I agree with your recommendation

I was going to attempt to type some logical comment to get people to stop complaining but hell, whiners will whine. Like the other guy said, my wallet is cheering for this bad month. haha

[quote name='darkvulture']i don't see how they can be real

the old coupons don't end until 10/5 coupons have never overlapped[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Didn't, even, think about that.

[quote name='loxthefox']2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$10 off Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
$10 off Angry Birds Trilogy (all systems)
$20 off F1 (doesn't say what year, assuming the new one)
$30 off Triton Warhead headset
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
$10 off 1 preowned game $29.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's SOMETHING in that batch, at least, that would interest me. Angry Birds Trilogy.

Possibly, a $10 F1, lol.

I like the pacing of Modern Warfare 1 & 2. The missions feel more polished, you feel more integrated into the action (where your teammates seem quite competent when they fight; unlike Modern Warfare 3, where you could have one enemy remaining in a section, and it's apparent your teammates deliberately miss), and it's less rail shooter-y (it's not a constant push towards one destination after another; you might go into a house, leave, and then come back to it).

[quote name='therealdanhill']Why can't every month be a winner? Do you think it is out of line for someone to expect that?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

[quote name='therealdanhill']So you do not think they can offer more "blanket" deals that cover wide swaths of stock? Maybe some coupons for used games, more for digital titles, a percentage off accesories... and that is me just thinking off the top of my head. I think they can. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I hope I'm not offending you by suggesting they could have better deals, I don't want you to take my thoughts on the deals personally.[/QUOTE]

Every single one of those coupons would be worthless to me. What appeals to you does not appeal to everyone. Furthermore, there is usually a reason for a coupon for a particular game. Offering money off any game would be ridiculous from Best Buy's point of view. Most people would probably use it on brand new games that Best Buy knows they could have sold for full price anyways.

Nothing for me AGAIN. That's 2 months in a row. The only time I got to use some coupons was when I signed up in late July, and picked up Kingdom of Amalur for $10 and COD: MW3 for $20 at the same time. Looks like I signed up too late for the Reward Zone gimmicks. When they first started in March/April or so there were a ton of awesome deals for around $10. Not any more it looks like. I'm pretty disappointed that I signed up and paid money for the subscription. As it stands now, I'm definitely NOT going to resubscribe when my subscription runs out. :shame:

I think it's perfectly plausible for better deals to come back, maybe not this next month, but the magazine gives them the option to clear out any new games that haven't sold particularly well or to do a flash sale on older games they need to clear out for space requirements. I wouldn't entirely count out @Gamer just yet ...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Every single one of those coupons would be worthless to me. What appeals to you does not appeal to everyone. Furthermore, there is usually a reason for a coupon for a particular game. Offering money off any game would be ridiculous from Best Buy's point of view. Most people would probably use it on brand new games that Best Buy knows they could have sold for full price anyways.[/QUOTE]
Of course, that was just one example, but those types of deals would be worthwile to a larger variety of people. And I'm not saying just have those, just throw those in so everybody is happy. My crude percentage scenario (I don't know if you read it) describes exactly what I mean.

[quote name='etcrane']I think it's perfectly plausible for better deals to come back, maybe not this next month, but the magazine gives them the option to clear out any new games that haven't sold particularly well or to do a flash sale on older games they need to clear out for space requirements. I wouldn't entirely count out @Gamer just yet ...[/QUOTE]
Right, we're coming up on the biggest release time of the year. BB will overstock lots of those titles, meaning they will need to clear out that stock eventually. Dont write of Gamer yet.

[quote name='Gosha']You guys should just do the 2 for 40 on Kingdom Hearts 3DS right now at Toys R Us. You can trade the extra copy into Best Buy for $30.[/QUOTE]
So this is an in-store only deal? I can't seem to find it online. Is there a flyer or something I can show the Toys R Us guys?

[quote name='Woocls']So this is an in-store only deal? I can't seem to find it online. Is there a flyer or something I can show the Toys R Us guys?[/QUOTE]

some posters posted that the deal is regional, so ymmv. your best chance is to price match at bestbuy

[quote name='kouleefoh']I was going to attempt to type some logical comment to get people to stop complaining but hell, whiners will whine. Like the other guy said, my wallet is cheering for this bad month. haha[/QUOTE]

same here i still need to sort through the newegg preorders i made and decide what is keepable and what i can expect to be on sale later.

Too bad they wouldn't do a $20 off Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition, since that comes with the VIP maps, the DLC voucher for BF1943(which I could give to my one buddies nephew) and I think some other stuff.

I just noticed they had 3-4 copies of that in stock today.

By the way, for those still hoping to use the :ps3:Battlefield 3 coupon for this month to get the game for $10, you might want to recheck your local BB stores. Mine had in 3-5 copies of the vanilla edition today.

[quote name='ghettoqball']Shooters are pretty much the only type of game I DON'T play. This is bullshit[/QUOTE]

Good thing none of them are shooters, unless you want to count sleeping dogs

[quote name='YBX87']some posters posted that the deal is regional, so ymmv. your best chance is to price match at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

but what do I have them PM? I don't know where this deal is advertised? This is the first I've heard of it.

[quote name='shadowkast']Good thing none of them are shooters, unless you want to count sleeping dogs[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize there was a second list of games that had been posted. Well, I suppose that's a little better. At least there's some variety with that group. Nothing that really interests me though.

[quote name='Waheed']
$15 12-month subscriptin for xbla, posa, and digital
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing this is a typo and it's actually $15 *OFF* a 12 month XBL subscription, right?

Is there a certain one I should play first before jumping into these two?[/QUOTE]
If you plan on playing the online portions of the games;
I play World at War and it is loaded with hackers and modders. Over the last few weeks I have been able to play games without them entering matches and ruining them, but the internet reasoning is that it's because school has resumed, so online jerks are busy doing other things as the summer has ended. Weekends are supposed to be more problematic, as I have encountered. Cheaters exist in both the Nazi zombie modes, and in the competitive games.

I've consistently read that Call of Duty 4 is worse with how many hackers and modders are in the games. I know that 4 and World at War run off the same resources, so that's why both are so full of both types of cheaters.

If you plan on playing them just for single player, or in matches just with friends, you should be fine.

The coupons are not that bad if the mentioned games goes on sale and stack with these coupons; with that said, I don't think I will be using any of the coupons unless the price drop super low.

What are the chances Mass Effect 3 drops to $10 at this point? Should I just go get it for $20 right now?

[quote name='Bmvc1']What are the chances Mass Effect 3 drops to $10 at this point? Should I just go get it for $20 right now?[/QUOTE]

Slim and none....and slim just committed suicide.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad they wouldn't do a $20 off Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition, since that comes with the VIP maps, the DLC voucher for BF1943(which I could give to my one buddies nephew) and I think some other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Careful ... the DLC vouchers have expiration dates of anywhere from last year to early this year.

I actually received the voucher just before it expired a little more than a year ago, and it was already invalid. I spent a month going back and forth with EA to get the DLC that I paid for ... and ultimately, they couldn't even figure it out. So, they gave me my pick of any free game from their recently launched Origin digital distribution system.

... and then I'm not sure what happened after that, but I had read where some Killzone 3 DLC vouchers that were expired were revalidated by Sony in Sept of last year, so I tried my BFBC2 code (after the expiration date) and it finally worked.

[quote name='flix1']Careful ... the DLC vouchers have expiration dates of anywhere from last year to early this year.

I actually received the voucher just before it expired a little more than a year ago, and it was already invalid. I spent a month going back and forth with EA to get the DLC that I paid for ... and ultimately, they couldn't even figure it out. So, they gave me my pick of any free game from their recently launched Origin digital distribution system.

... and then I'm not sure what happened after that, but I had read where some Killzone 3 DLC vouchers that were expired were revalidated by Sony in Sept of last year, so I tried my BFBC2 code (after the expiration date) and it finally worked.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I know some DLC codes do expire(my LBP2 CE Muppets pack:bomb:), which to me is so stupid if the servers are still up to be able to support them.:roll:

[quote name='Bmvc1']What are the chances Mass Effect 3 drops to $10 at this point? Should I just go get it for $20 right now?[/QUOTE]
They are $12.99 (good) used at amazon

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good to know. I know some DLC codes do expire(my LBP2 CE Muppets pack:bomb:), which to me is so stupid if the servers are still up to be able to support them.:roll:[/QUOTE]

crapppp....did all the LBP2 CE codes expire?? I still havnt opened mine...damn it...

Yeah. I think unfortunately the codes are all expired from the LBP2 CE. Although I traded my one buddies nephew for some of the $5 games from @Gamer months ago(Rage, etc) for his LBP2 Special Edition that came from his PS3 bundle last Christmas. I could swear that some of the parts for the Muppet stuff is on there.

That by itself is a $20 game now cuz I think that was one of the ones Sony reduced when they announced the price drop on the GH titles and Gamescom.

I'll look into CoD4 then, thanks you three.

[quote name='loxthefox']2 batches of coupons this month! Here are the coupons for the Oct. issue:

$10 off Dead Island GOTY
$15 off Sleeping Dogs
$10 off Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
$10 off Angry Birds Trilogy (all systems)
$20 off F1 (doesn't say what year, assuming the new one)
$30 off Triton Warhead headset
$20 off Razer Naga Mouse
$10 off 1 preowned game $29.99 and up.[/QUOTE]

I'm slightly confused by this. But hey, two magazines works for me. Shame Dead Island's GotY edition just went back up to 29.99 though. Would have been a steal for 9.99.

Yes. But Mass Effect 3 has an online multiplayer code, which a used copy at Amazon will not include. The multiplayer is very fun and additive, and all the DLCs multiplayer are free.

[quote name='kouleefoh']They are $12.99 (good) used at amazon[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Self_Possessed']anyone from Puerto Rico knows if this applies too???? always those discounts won't apply to us :([/QUOTE]

Yes, they apply (since June). The game reps in plaza Carolina seem more knowledgeable about it. You can sign up for @gamer and use the coupons.

[quote name='Gosha']You guys should just do the 2 for 40 on Kingdom Hearts 3DS right now at Toys R Us. You can trade the extra copy into Best Buy for $30.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Woocls']but what do I have them PM? I don't know where this deal is advertised? This is the first I've heard of it.[/QUOTE]
Ok, found this deal on their website. I just need to track down a copy of the AD and I'm in business.

What If I own a game that a coupon is coming out for, the game is still sealed, do I need to return and re buy with the coupon or get a price adjustment?

bread's done
Back