*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flix1']On the flipside, after posted I decided to look through my extensive backlog ... and I found at least 2 EA games with past expiration dates for the online codes. One was March 31, 2012 for Dragon Age II and the other was 8/29/12 for SSX.

I entered them in last night and both were still valid, so YMMV.[/QUOTE]
I think the Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network code is another one that 'expired' but is still valid. I haven't checked mine lately.

[quote name='donbaloo']Was the battlefield coupon in the August or September issue?[/QUOTE]

It is in the September issue (the cover is Resident Evil 6)

For those with their Gamer's Club Unlocked about to expire like mine, if you renew in store and they have the "special" Call Of Duty issue with the $15 off coupons for PS+/XBL on the counter, ask them to scan that issue with the renewal as it WILL ZERO OUT!!!!

Again, if your GCU is up for renewal soon(mine was set to expire in two days), then have them scan the $10 COD issue with the renewal and IT WILL ZERO OUT!!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those with their Gamer's Club Unlocked about to expire like mine, if you renew in store and they have the "special" Call Of Duty issue with the $15 off coupons for PS+/XBL on the counter, ask them to scan that issue with the renewal as it WILL ZERO OUT!!!!

Again, if your GCU is up for renewal soon(mine was set to expire in two days), then have them scan the $10 COD issue with the renewal and IT WILL ZERO OUT!!![/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if you can renew early and do this? I wanted the $15 PS Plus coupon, but my renewal isn't until sometime in March.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Does anyone know if you can renew early and do this? I wanted the $15 PS Plus coupon, but my renewal isn't until sometime in March.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious too. Mines up in December actually. How does this magazine zero out? And is the one at the counter relly any different than the ones we will be receiving?

Im also wondering if this cancels out any other promotions. Suposedly your supposed to get a $5 RZ cert for renewing, although the people at my store havent heard anything about that

^_^x KD

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those with their Gamer's Club Unlocked about to expire like mine, if you renew in store and they have the "special" Call Of Duty issue with the $15 off coupons for PS+/XBL on the counter, ask them to scan that issue with the renewal as it WILL ZERO OUT!!!!

Again, if your GCU is up for renewal soon(mine was set to expire in two days), then have them scan the $10 COD issue with the renewal and IT WILL ZERO OUT!!![/QUOTE]

Note that I tried to use the $15.00 off coupon for PSN subscription, and it did not work properly. It required an override for me.

[quote name='mza49311']I just signed up for a sub at the very end of Aug, I figured itd take a month to get the mag in the mail, have yet to receive one, but does this mean I have to wait another month? I didn't get my welcome coupons or whatever either yet figured theyd come with the first mag...[/QUOTE]
You can find out here when your first issue will be, you should have gotten a welcome e-mail with your account number. I signed up near the end of august and my first issue is scheduled to be in october.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1349122093519&lsid=22751508135018325&vid=1

I Got to admit...all these @Gamer threads (are we at 3 or 4?) is getting goddamn confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im really confused about this magazine now. This is ONLY in store? Does that mean that subscribers will NOT be getting a magazine this month? or are there 2 seperate issues this month? Either way, that seems like bullshit if thats the case. Especially if subscribers get nothing this month

I also still dont understand how renewing your subscription will supposedly make this issue free. What the hell is going on?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']Im really confused about this magazine now. This is ONLY in store? Does that mean that subscribers will NOT be getting a magazine this month? or are there 2 seperate issues this month? Either way, that seems like bullshit if thats the case. Especially if subscribers get nothing this month

I also still dont understand how renewing your subscription will supposedly make this issue free. What the hell is going on?

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]
It's like this. This month there are two magazines. One is standard for Gamers Club members. It is also what we will get in the mail. The other is the special Call of Duty edition which we will NOT get in the mail. If we want it, we have to pay $10 in store. But, there is a glitch. If you renew and buy the magazine, the price of the magazine will zero out, just like it would with the regular magazine. Savvy?

[quote name='Fukurou']It's like this. This month there are two magazines. One is standard for Gamers Club members. It is also what we will get in the mail. The other is the special Call of Duty edition which we will NOT get in the mail. If we want it, we have to pay $10 in store. But, there is a glitch. If you renew and buy the magazine, the price of the magazine will zero out, just like it would with the regular magazine. Savvy?[/QUOTE]

So if you renew a magazine subscription you get a free issue of the one in store? I thought that wasn't the case. I had remembered seeing people complain that when they signed up they didn't get a free issue at the time. If thats the case i kinda see how that works i guess. But i thought you didn't get a free issue with subscription/renewal. What should i ask the guy at the counter to do?

Not sure if its worth the hassle, but i am due for a subscription renewal. I would only use the PSN/Xbox codes possibly. My subscription is up in December i believe. Can you renew a few months early? The people at my store are idiots. All the people that worked in gaming and knew what they were doing are gone and its just some old people that dont know WTF theyre doing now. I recently had a guy tell me I wasn't @gamer unlocked o_O

^_^x KD

Just to keep it simple, all you have to know is that if you renew, it supposedly gives you the magazine for free. You are supposed to get that months issue for free when you sign up, but people have had problems in the past with employees.

Ask the guy, when you renew, to scan the COD issue as well, because you read online it's free with a renewal. If it zeros out, then you get it, if not, you don't. I also agree it is BS that we don't get the COD issue. Enuf said to blame him for it.

Major kudos to guys at bes buy 50th st northern blvd in New York. Walked for battlefield 3 And me3 with the voucher, I saw the cod special issue and asked to see it, I told him I didn't want the magazine because its ten bucks. But the employee noticed that I am a member and gave the magazine for free. Thanks. The gentleman's name was Jonathan.

This particular store had plenty of bf3, me3 but not lollipop or dark2.

Finally joined Unlocked today to get in on the $20 cert promo. The guy went to the back and brought out some special COD gamers club magazine. Got one with my Unlocked sub. Awesome!

Also just wanted to mention, when the guy scanned the COD mag with my sub order, it didn't zero out. He had to get the manager to override the price.

That is weird. That's at least two instances of the COD mag not zeroing out. But I know it zeroed out with my renewal earlier.

For the record, here's the order in which they scanned the items on my receipt:

Gamer's Club Unlocked pamphlet barcode
COD magazine
Reward Zone card

After those three it lists the 10 issue @Gamer subscription underneath the RZ info and that's zeroed out as well.

So if any of those three are MIA from your receipts, that may be why it didn't package out.

Also the rep had to go into the system and select between the physical or the digital/email version of the magazine sub somewhere within the transaction.

Well... it wasn't nearly as easy as claimed here. Granted my BB seems to be staffed with utter morons now that all the competent people have quit, but it took me an hour to priceadjust my copies of Lolipop chainsaw and renew my @gamer mag. They couldn't get the COD issue to ring up and were calling around and trying to figure it out forever, before the guy just said F it and pennied it out.

So just a warning, seems it doesn't ring up right and if you got idiots working at your store it will be a headache. Ungh, i need a physical @gamer unlocked card. Is there a way to get a physical copy of this? They always have to ask for my number

^_^x KD

If you signed up last year, they sent you a barcode sticker to place on your Reward Zone card that I believe they're supposed to scan to show you're in the GCU.

It was in with your welcome packet, assuming you ever received one.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That is weird. That's at least two instances of the COD mag not zeroing out. But I know it zeroed out with my renewal earlier.

For the record, here's the order in which they scanned the items on my receipt:

Gamer's Club Unlocked pamphlet barcode
COD magazine
Reward Zone card

After those three it lists the 10 issue @Gamer subscription underneath the RZ info and that's zeroed out as well.

So if any of those three are MIA from your receipts, that may be why it didn't package out.

Also the rep had to go into the system and select between the physical or the digital/email version of the magazine sub somewhere within the transaction.[/QUOTE]

My guess is for the people that it didn't zero out for; they didn't let it go to the final step when they hit total

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you signed up last year, they sent you a barcode sticker to place on your Reward Zone card that I believe they're supposed to scan to show you're in the GCU.

It was in with your welcome packet, assuming you ever received one.;)[/QUOTE]

While the stickers do have the GCU logo on them, the barcode is the same as the one on your RZ card, so scanning your RZ card should have the same effect. The "welcome packet" even says: "One member number for all. Don't forget that your Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked membership number is the same as your Reward Zone membership number."

[quote name='typesdragon']So where is the standard October issue? and what coupons are in there?[/QUOTE]

There's a thread for that

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you signed up last year, they sent you a barcode sticker to place on your Reward Zone card that I believe they're supposed to scan to show you're in the GCU.

It was in with your welcome packet, assuming you ever received one.;)[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'll be getting a new barcode, my card is shot!!! I guess the thing is like 10 years old though

Hmmm, no mention specifically indicating the MW3 Hardened Editions are invalid with the $20 off MW3 coupons...will have to give it a shot to get one for $30

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, no mention specifically indicating the MW3 Hardened Editions are invalid with the $20 off MW3 coupons...will have to give it a shot to get one for $30[/QUOTE]

That would be a great deal considering all the DLC. I'm surprised they are still in stock.

I also noticed the new idiots working at BBY, took half an hour to buy ME3 yesterday w/ coupon and RZ cert.

Why not keep competent employees around rather than remodel the layout BBY?

[quote name='georgebot84']I also noticed the new idiots working at BBY, took half an hour to buy ME3 yesterday w/ coupon and RZ cert.

Why not keep competent employees around rather than remodel the layout BBY?[/QUOTE]

1) Most of the gamers club people were disbanded and sent to other sections.

2) The other sections also have to now cover gaming, so you get people from appliances.

3) Some of them may have gone back to college.

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm glad I'll be getting a new barcode, my card is shot!!! I guess the thing is like 10 years old though[/QUOTE]
I actually have my old RZ card still and it's a different quality plastic compared to the RZ Silver one they sent me(still trying to figure out how I got upgraded to RZ Silver).

The silver one is a heavier less flexible plastic and it's more heavily laminated.

Even with all of my trades last year before my ban I'm trying to figure out where I got $2500 worth of purchases on my account.

Although judging by the confusion some other CAG's are expressing in how they became RZ Silver for this year or more I'm guessing that BB is upgrading many people to give them a 'taste' of the program for that year or so.

yeah, I got it for some mysterious reason. I buy all of my stuff via trade in credit so it couldn't have been based on cash/credit card purchases. I suppose it could have been associated with GCU membership as I joined in Sept 2011 (got silver in March of this year). That's the only thing I could think of.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, no mention specifically indicating the MW3 Hardened Editions are invalid with the $20 off MW3 coupons...will have to give it a shot to get one for $30[/QUOTE]

Which best buy still has hardened editions left over in LA? I would go snag one up if there are any.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but here are the coupons for 10/7 to 11/3.

a4ce4b69afb3cdd99b5c984a2b376f179812db19.JPG

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually have my old RZ card still and it's a different quality plastic compared to the RZ Silver one they sent me(still trying to figure out how I got upgraded to RZ Silver).

The silver one is a heavier less flexible plastic and it's more heavily laminated.

Even with all of my trades last year before my ban I'm trying to figure out where I got $2500 worth of purchases on my account.

Although judging by the confusion some other CAG's are expressing in how they became RZ Silver for this year or more I'm guessing that BB is upgrading many people to give them a 'taste' of the program for that year or so.[/QUOTE]

That's it. I had a mod confirm that they randomly give frequent visitors a year of silver to entice them for a year. I got mine at the end of last year 2011 through 2013.

Great perks with the 60 day PM window and free expidited shipping on all orders! Means I can order those $2 clearance DS games for my daughter and not have to pay $5 for shipping a $2 item...

Mine is up in Feb of 2013 and with the way I'm only trading in now I doubt I would make the $2500 to trigger another year, especially since the trade-in credit doesn't count really.
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Is this in store? Any information on this would be helpful.[/QUOTE]
There's usually little spots on either side of the counter behind the trade-in registers in media in Best Buy.

In one of those spots is usually a stack of pamphlets advertising the Gamer's Club and the Gamer's Club Unlocked. There's two barcodes in the pamphlet, one that is for the freebie version and one that's for the paid version.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Yes, they apply (since June). The game reps in plaza Carolina seem more knowledgeable about it. You can sign up for @gamer and use the coupons.[/QUOTE]
any word on San juan? or any of the north area...carolina its a bit far from me...but i can still try to go there :)

So for anyone on the fence concerning Lollipop Chainsaw, It is campy fun indeed, I used the mystery 5$ BB coupon to bring mine down to 15$, well worth it I think.

[quote name='Self_Possessed']any word on San juan? or any of the north area...carolina its a bit far from me...but i can still try to go there :)[/QUOTE]

The coupons work at the stores in Hato Rey and Rio Hondo, and I think some of the people there know how to sign you up, but I have had good experiences in Carolina more often. I used a coupon to get the prototype 2 ce in Carolina, with no problems, although I haven't tried to use the welcome packet coupons yet.

I just signed up for the Unlock today. I tried to get the COD mag as my free mag and it didn't take. As a girl was ringing me up one of the video game department guys came up and said that the COD mag wasn't one of the ones that was free with membership. I kindly said that I read online that it was saying it was and I know people who got it. He didn't doubt what I was saying, but said that was weird because it shouldn't. I suggested that could we at least try it, he said sure if it does it does... It didn't. :whistle2:|

For the record here how it was rung up,

Gamer Club Unlock
Reward Zone Card
COD Mag

While disappointed, I wasn't going to make a fuss about it. At least they were willing to try it. Guy asked me if I still wanting to sign up considering. I debated for a second, then he asked if I was just getting for the coupons. I replied yeah I was going to use the 15 off PS+ one. I figured 15 either way I may as well sign up for the Unlock then. He then asks so you don't care about the actual magazine. I said yeah. The guy then says well if you sign up and buy the PS+ right now, we'll let you scan the coupon in the book for the PS+. We can do that just not give you the actual COD magazine then just the regular magazine. SCORE!!

I signed up, they just scanned a coupon out of the COD book, and gave me my discounted PS+ and regular mag.:D

For the record the PS+ Coupon wouldn't scan right for me either and they had to manually adjust it.

Afterwards I then picked up Lollipop Chainsaw for 20 and my niece grabbed ME3 for 10 with the coupons out of the regular mag. I also priced matched a Target sale for copy of The Dark Knight Returns part 1 on Blu Ray to shave off two bucks off the Best Buy price. I was just going to walk next door and get it, but figured what the hell.

This is the best example of the customer service they need to keep doing. That one simple act made me from walking out of the store not buying anything to me not only dropping more money in the store, but also actually swerve me from going to a competitor. Stuff like this keeps me coming back.:lol:

Can anyone comment on the cloud storage that PSN+ offers? Is it any good? I'm interested in getting the coupon for the 15 dollars off so I can sell my ps3 for a new one.

[quote name='Jampack200']Can anyone comment on the cloud storage that PSN+ offers? Is it any good? I'm interested in getting the coupon for the 15 dollars off so I can sell my ps3 for a new one.[/QUOTE]

Cloud storage works fine, but it's only a small part of the reason to get PS Plus. The real selling point is the "free games" but cloud storage is a nice feature. The cloud storage does not seem to work the same was as it does for Xbox Live (unless I have missed something). All game saves are done on the console and then uploaded to the cloud nightly (automatically) or you can manually copy to/from cloud at any time. I haven't seen a way to directly play from the cloud save like Xbox allows, but I may not know what i'm doing...

If you are just wanting PS Plus for a one time console transfer, a USB drive is a much more economical option.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']That would be a great deal considering all the DLC. I'm surprised they are still in stock.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to update the thread the other day, but this worked. I took the $49.99 CoD MW3 Hardened Edition (PS3) that I had picked up on clearance at $49.99 a week or so prior in to get a price adjustment for the $20 off coupon plus use a reward cert, and while it took some time because the customer service line was long and the first person didn't know how to perform the transaction, after a few minutes another employee came up, returned the original purchase, re-scanned the game, coupon and the reward cert and I got it for $19.99.

Even beat the amazing price I got on it a few weeks after it had come out late last year on clearance at Target, where I did a return rebuy on the same HE version for PS3 for $29.98 minus an addition $5 off $25 or more purchase card they were handing out.

Not for nothing, but the new magazine, not the CoD one, is pretty terrible. The games are fairly decent, but the amount off is really bad. $10 off? $15 off? $20 off? Where's the $30 off? Where's the $40 off? Lame.

Great post. Now watch all these so called veterans here come and bash you with word like "entitlement" and for complaining.

I'm with you. These coupons sucks, and I can't see Best Buy dropping so much from sales so that the games are $10 after the coupons.

And no. You paid for a product that guaranteed at least $100 in savings with every issue, so you should expect some good deals right? They might as well tell you that you can save thousands of dollars off MSRPs and then give you coupons for $10 to $20 off these over-priced items, so that no one is able to take advantage of them.

The coupons had been great when the magazine started out. The past 2 months sucks. Only a last minute drop for ME3, which everyone was anticipating to pick up for $10 at the beginning of the magazine cycle, saves this month's magazine from being a disaster.

[quote name='Fukurou']Not for nothing, but the new magazine, not the CoD one, is pretty terrible. The games are fairly decent, but the amount off is really bad. $10 off? $15 off? $20 off? Where's the $30 off? Where's the $40 off? Lame.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why everyone feels they are entitled to good deals just because they pay for a service that is supposed to give you good deals. Typical CAG mentality.

bread's done
Back