*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='parkerwilson']What If I own a game that a coupon is coming out for, the game is still sealed, do I need to return and re buy with the coupon or get a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that you'd need a return/rebuy. I'm not sure that I've heard of anyone using a coupon and was just price adjusted.

I renewed subscription yesterday. They had that CoD issue, but they wouldn't give it to me because they said that is a special issue dedicated for the release of the next game.

This CoD issue is $10. It is not part of the @GAMER subscription set of issues.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I renewed subscription yesterday. They had that CoD issue, but they wouldn't give it to me because they said that is a special issue dedicated for the release of the next game.

This CoD issue is $10. It is not part of the @GAMER subscription set of issues.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, $10 not wasted on the worst @gamer yet. I'm more than ok with it not replacing our mag for the month.

[quote name='donbaloo']Is that right? 15 dollars for 12 month gold subscription? Or 15 off?[/QUOTE]

It has to be $15 off. $15 total for a year of PS+ or XBLG would be the best deal ever posted, even better than when Target accidentally sold PS+ annuals for $20 around this time last year.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']It has to be $15 off. $15 total for a year of PS+ or XBLG would be the best deal ever posted, even better than when Target accidentally sold PS+ annuals for $20 around this time last year.[/QUOTE]
Actually I think the PS+ subscription cards from Target due to the ad mistake were $14.39 apiece.

10$ for the call of duty mag ? fuck that !!!!! I doubt that there will be any good call of duty sales to stack those coupons with so thats 10$ saved for me lol. I wish that the other mag was here already cause sleeping dogs is on sale for 39.99 right now

Well regardless of how good a deal was available last year I'm in need of gold now. If that listing is correct, even with the price of the mag being 10, that's gold for 25. Any better deals right now?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I know, by a full 61 cents too! It's almost like we shouldn't even give a shit if they were $15 because there was such a better deal in the past.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='wrxsti_fan']So $20 off black ops is going to be $40-20, right? because if it stays at $20, I won't get it as I've already got it.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, what? Why would you get it at any price if you already have it?

For us savvy gamers I honestly don't see why why we would buy the CoD issue.

$10 saved. No brainer. Only if there is some sale to stack with where it could work in our favor would I purchase those games.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']For us savvy gamers I honestly don't see why why we would buy the CoD issue.

$10 saved. No brainer. Only if there is some sale to stack with where it could work in our favor would I purchase those games.[/QUOTE]

So how about helping a savvy gamer find Xbox gold for less than $25. :)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I know, by a full 61 cents too! It's almost like we shouldn't even give a shit if they were $15 because there was such a better deal in the past.[/QUOTE]

A human calculator!:applause: Grab you a time machine and put that money toward a McDouble!:applause:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']A human calculator!:applause: Grab you a time machine and put that money toward a McDouble!:applause:[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're insulting me or yourself.

[quote name='sinned47']My best buy refused to sell me a copy of the magazine stating that they stopped doing that in order to get more subscriptions :([/QUOTE]

Wtf??

Tried to use a second BF3 coupon today that came from a friends mag (already used mine) and the system wouldn't take the coupon... Any chance BBY finally has limited the @Gamer coupons to one use per account to avoid coupon fraud?

[quote name='aspen1284']Tried to use a second BF3 coupon today that came from a friends mag (already used mine) and the system wouldn't take the coupon... Any chance BBY finally has limited the @Gamer coupons to one use per account to avoid coupon fraud?[/QUOTE]
it could be the case, but i have not purchase a second bf3 with the coupon/

[quote name='aspen1284']Tried to use a second BF3 coupon today that came from a friends mag (already used mine) and the system wouldn't take the coupon... Any chance BBY finally has limited the @Gamer coupons to one use per account to avoid coupon fraud?[/QUOTE]

I do not think so that happened. I was able to buy a second copy no problem.

I was able to buy two copies of BF3 Premium editions using two coupons in two separate transactions on my account after overrides on Tuesday.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I renewed subscription yesterday. They had that CoD issue, but they wouldn't give it to me because they said that is a special issue dedicated for the release of the next game.

This CoD issue is $10. It is not part of the @GAMER subscription set of issues.[/QUOTE]
Holy wow. Unbelievable.
[quote name='donbaloo']So how about helping a savvy gamer find Xbox gold for less than $25. :)[/QUOTE]
Not so savvy if you're asking for help lol.

Seriously though I need help too. And PSN Plus for under 25 if you could.

[quote name='donbaloo']So how about helping a savvy gamer find Xbox gold for less than $25. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='therealdanhill']Holy wow. Unbelievable.

Not so savvy if you're asking for help lol.

Seriously though I need help too. And PSN Plus for under 25 if you could.[/QUOTE]

Check your local TRU. The silver cards (13 month gold) in blister packs are $17.98.

I used a second coupon today for BF3. Not sure what happened. Separately I'm glad a month isn't wasted on a bunch of CoD crap.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']$10 for a magazine? What the hell are they thinking?[/QUOTE]
They are obviously thinking about the unsavvy gamers and/or the ones that only play CoD.

You know... The ones that bought the MW3 hats and shirts on release for $20+.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']For us savvy gamers I honestly don't see why why we would buy the CoD issue.[/QUOTE]I'm to blame for the sponsered mag idea & it's not geared towards us(CAG's) at all but will benefit us in the short/long term. BB receives money for the issue(sponsered) & more money for the issues purchased($10 vs $5). This added money means profit for BB based on GC & should increase GCU memberships & visibility thus strengthening the GC. This will allow BB to offer more aggressive gaming deals & not just limited to GCU.

Think of it this way Activision & other game companies that you may or may play will allow BB to offer more $20 coupons vs $10 ones more RZ coupon deals & even more $15-$20 GC & RZ offers(which obviously benefits us CAG's). All these additional deals are going to subsidized by the "masses" who WILL BUY the $10 mag. And to be honest if the sales stack right($5-$10 COD games) there will be plenty of CAG's putting up $10 for the mag too.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']$10 for a magazine? What the hell are they thinking?[/QUOTE]^^^big picture it's all about a better GC with more deals & more months like March(Rage/ME2/Bulletstorm $5 ea, $1 B:AC) which is what we all want. More months where games like Sleeping dogs, Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Amazing Spider-Man, Dragons Dogma hit $10-$15 & this wiill get us there.

[quote name='sinned47']My best buy refused to sell me a copy of the magazine stating that they stopped doing that in order to get more subscriptions :([/QUOTE]Report the store they're not allowed to do that there's a $5 price right on the mag which would make no sense if it was only geared towards subs which would make the mag free.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub
Don't let it slide pm me with the info if you're not going to follow-up with it

[quote name='kerouac kid']Check your local TRU. The silver cards (13 month gold) in blister packs are $17.98.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll look into that! If they don't have it though, the 10 dollar mag and $15 for 12 months listed here here may be my only (quick) option.

[quote name='sinned47']My best buy refused to sell me a copy of the magazine stating that they stopped doing that in order to get more subscriptions :([/QUOTE]
LOL. Well, some stores don't get a lot of the mags I guess. But to flat out deny a sale like that is retail suicide.

[quote name='Enuf']I'm to blame for the sponsered mag idea & it's not geared towards us(CAG's) at all but will benefit us in the short/long term. BB receives money for the issue(sponsered) & more money for the issues purchased($10 vs $5). This added money means profit for BB based on GC & should increase GCU memberships & visibility thus strengthening the GC. This will allow BB to offer more aggressive gaming deals & not just limited to GCU.

Think of it this way Activision & other game companies that you may or may play will allow BB to offer more $20 coupons vs $10 ones more RZ coupon deals & even more $15-$20 GC & RZ offers(which obviously benefits us CAG's). All these additional deals are going to subsidized by the "masses" who WILL BUY the $10 mag. And to be honest if the sales stack right($5-$10 COD games) there will be plenty of CAG's putting up $10 for the mag too.

^^^big picture it's all about a better GC with more deals & more months like March(Rage/ME2/Bulletstorm $5 ea, $1 B:AC) which is what we all want. More months where games like Sleeping dogs, Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Amazing Spider-Man, Dragons Dogma hit $10-$15 & this wiill get us there.

Report the store they're not allowed to do that there's a $5 price right on the mag which would make no sense if it was only geared towards subs which would make the mag free.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub
Don't let it slide pm me with the info if you're not going to follow-up with it[/QUOTE]

Sponsored.:grouphug:Lol.

I hope Best Buy does well with that COD issue. They deserve it. That's a huge franchise. Hopefully they are promoting it/have it displayed well.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']They are obviously thinking about the unsavvy gamers and/or the ones that only play CoD.

You know... The ones that bought the MW3 hats and shirts on release for $20+.[/QUOTE]

Those kind of things I can understand. Clothing has a purpose. You'd have to be pretty unsavvy to spend $10 on a fancy advertisement.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Those kind of things I can understand. Clothing has a purpose. You'd have to be pretty unsavvy to spend $10 on a fancy advertisement.[/QUOTE]

How many kids play COD. Imagine a kid and his Mom go to best but to buy COD:
"Mommy, i want this magazine too"
*mom flips through it* "wow son, look at all these coupons. This is totally worth $10"
*checks out with magazine and say just one of the games to use a coupon (maybe 2 because she's enticed by the coupons)
Best buy employee: "would you like to become an unlocked member for $15 and get this other magazine on the spot for free plus ten more?!"
*mom walked in with the intention of spending $60 to buy get son COD. Instead she walked out spending $60 which netted her the game along with two magazines full of other coupons.

It's win win for everyone and I'm sure that is the exact customer/scenario best but is looking for. Not everyone is a CAG but i wouldn't say said mom was being unsavvy ya know

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Those kind of things I can understand. Clothing has a purpose. You'd have to be pretty unsavvy to spend $10 on a fancy advertisement.[/QUOTE]Let's look at it this way say you were going into BB intending to buy B:AC, Bulletstorm, Rage & ME2 which would cost $90 + tax but by paying $10 for the mag you'd get all of them for $35 including the mag wouldn't you get the mag. At that point it's up to the rep to close the deal & convince you to become unlocked stating that these are just some of the deals that the sub nets. I own all the COD titles but if a BB ad leaks & there's some $5-$15 deals I'll get it. The $10 is nothing more than trading in 2 copies of DJ Hero(Wii) but I've already stacked a good amount of credit so $10 is nothing. Not to mention I'm sure one of my CL regs will happily pay $20-$25 for a copy of MW3.

I don't really see how the $10 COD mag "should increase GCU memberships", since it is totally disconnected from GCU. You don't get the COD mag sent to you as part of GCU. You can't get the COD issue for free as the first issue of your subscription like you could with the regular mags. GCU subscription doesn't even discount the cost of the COD issue, which IMO would have been the obvious route to go if you wanted to force people to pay for it separately.

All you're left with is an upsell of a separate $15 subscription right after they decided to buy the COD issue for $10, which to me is actually worse than a naked upsell because then the customer starts to wonder why the COD issue is so much more expensive and not covered by the GCU subscription.

I hope it works out and lots of suckers buy the COD mag, but the execution of this is bizarre to me.

[quote name='phoenixlau']I don't really see how the $10 COD mag "should increase GCU memberships", since it is totally disconnected from GCU. You don't get the COD mag sent to you as part of GCU. You can't get the COD issue for free as the first issue of your subscription like you could with the regular mags. GCU subscription doesn't even discount the cost of the COD issue, which IMO would have been the obvious route to go if you wanted to force people to pay for it separately.

All you're left with is an upsell of a separate $15 subscription right after they decided to buy the COD issue for $10, which to me is actually worse than a naked upsell because then the customer starts to wonder why the COD issue is so much more expensive and not covered by the GCU subscription.

I hope it works out and lots of suckers buy the COD mag, but the execution of this is bizarre to me.[/QUOTE]it's really simple
Foot traffic is the 1st thing they want & since you can only get this issue in-store mission accomplished. B/C of the large discounts that the coupons provide $15-$20 & they're getting multiple coupons of high "value" it's easier to sell the low cost of $25(mag +sub) with promise of more deals like this for a whole yr.

Also, just b/c this issue isn't part of the GCU doesn't mean the next one won't be. If they try to trot out 4-6 sponsered issues not included in the GCU for $10 I'll most definitely be the 1st person razing holy hell. At that point I'd rather them charge $25-$30 for GCU & give more aggressive coupons($30 vs $20) along with 16-18 issues per yr(1 reg per month & 4-6 special issues).

I'm cool with paying more but the benefits I'd expect($10 for $150, 20% off used games, 4 coupon packs) will more than make up for it.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

[quote name='shadowkast']How many kids play COD. Imagine a kid and his Mom go to best but to buy COD:
"Mommy, i want this magazine too"
*mom flips through it* "wow son, look at all these coupons. This is totally worth $10"
*checks out with magazine and say just one of the games to use a coupon (maybe 2 because she's enticed by the coupons)
Best buy employee: "would you like to become an unlocked member for $15 and get this other magazine on the spot for free plus ten more?!"
*mom walked in with the intention of spending $60 to buy get son COD. Instead she walked out spending $60 which netted her the game along with two magazines full of other coupons.

It's win win for everyone and I'm sure that is the exact customer/scenario best but is looking for. Not everyone is a CAG but i wouldn't say said mom was being unsavvy ya know[/QUOTE]

I guess it makes for a good opportunity to introduce people buying the CoD games to the magazine, but it seems like it would make more sense to try to use the game to sell a magazine that is included in a subscription than it would be to use the game to sell a $10 magazine, and then trying to sell a $15 subscription (one that for some reason, does not include the issue they are trying to sell you) on top of that.

Seems overly complex, and a much more complicated sales pitch than the way they've been doing it... offer cheap magazines that are an even better value if you subscribe. Instead, of one or the other, they have to sell you on both.

Plus, at $10, you'd have to find a pretty diehard CoD fan to sell it to if you want to sell to anyone not interested in buying it purely for the coupons.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good to know. I know some DLC codes do expire(my LBP2 CE Muppets pack:bomb:), which to me is so stupid if the servers are still up to be able to support them.:roll:[/QUOTE]
On the flipside, after posted I decided to look through my extensive backlog ... and I found at least 2 EA games with past expiration dates for the online codes. One was March 31, 2012 for Dragon Age II and the other was 8/29/12 for SSX.

I entered them in last night and both were still valid, so YMMV.

Hey, quick question. I already used the coupons from my subscription that was mailed to me, and it was taken up. Can I buy another magazine to use the Prototype 2 or Battlefield 3 coupon?

[quote name='Bankotsu']Hey, quick question. I already used the coupons from my subscription that was mailed to me, and it was taken up. Can I buy another magazine to use the Prototype 2 or Battlefield 3 coupon?[/QUOTE]
Definitely; the coupons aren't tied to your account directly, so as long as you're willing to pay for additional magazines, you're free to use as many of the coupons as you like.

I just signed up for a sub at the very end of Aug, I figured itd take a month to get the mag in the mail, have yet to receive one, but does this mean I have to wait another month? I didn't get my welcome coupons or whatever either yet figured theyd come with the first mag...

[quote name='mza49311']I just signed up for a sub at the very end of Aug, I figured itd take a month to get the mag in the mail, have yet to receive one, but does this mean I have to wait another month? I didn't get my welcome coupons or whatever either yet figured theyd come with the first mag...[/QUOTE]

You clearly signed up too late to get the September issue, and I haven't seen any reports of people receiving the October issue yet, so you may still get October.

Welcome coupons are mailed separately, apparently in batches. It took 10 weeks to get mine, several weeks after the first magazine.

thanks for the info, I figured it takes forever to get the first mailed copy, just didn't know if this COD special mag is in replacement of October's mag and subscribers aren't getting a copy, since the posts I've gotten a chance to read state this copy isn't being given to regular subscribers.....now if I can just figure out who to contact to find out about my 10 dollars from that order 50 dollars online for pickup at store get 10 dollar best buy deal, havent gotten anything on that either, lol thanks again!

Edit: And I just saw the post for the October issue coupons so nevermind lol

bread's done
Back