*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Investor']I regularly collapse buildings on Kharg's Island and Grand Basar killing multiple enemies and friendlies. My best kill as 7 when two enemies squad were camping and spawing on each other. I was trying to kill 2 snipers in a building with my rpg and collasped the entire building on them. That was very cool.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I may yet have to play BF3 online then.:D

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Sweet, I will be using the $10 off $299 and up used game.

All the stores near me have Skyrim used on 360 $44.99 used. So Ill get the 10% of for RZ, $10 off for the coupon, plus 2 - $10 off (equaling $20 off) from ordering online and doing in store pickup. So I will be getting Skyrim on 360 for roughly $10.

I am not waiting for the PS3 version anymore to get the DLC. I used to have skyrim for PS3 (cheap from Gamefly, used coupons before I cancelled it) and it was filled with too many bugs and glitches which I know the 360 doesn't have nearly as many, if at all.

I hated those bugs where the item or person I was to meet just was not there. I just wanted to throw my controller. And then still no dawnguard and hearthfire (which looks AWESOME) probably wont be out for a while if at all for PS3!!!

I just hope I am being safe in picking up Dishonored for PS3. Or should I go with 360 since it is bethesda.[/QUOTE]
Damn $10 off a $299 used game lol, but I know that's a typo. I'm not sure if you will be able to use your gamer coupon for the in-store pickup. You will need a manager override to do that and the coupon says only for in-store purchases.

Got my mag. Gonna go instore and pretend like I never got it and see if they hook me up. BF3 will be mine on monday and ima see if they pm lollipop and let me use the coupon aswell.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Got my mag. Gonna go instore and pretend like I never got it and see if they hook me up. BF3 will be mine on monday and ima see if they pm lollipop and let me use the coupon aswell.[/QUOTE]

i am awaiting my mag, but i was hoping to do the same with lollipop chainsaw. are you able to PM and then get the $20 off? if so it would only be $20 which would be sweet

[quote name='erdmanski1341']i am awaiting my mag, but i was hoping to do the same with lollipop chainsaw. are you able to PM and then get the $20 off? if so it would only be $20 which would be sweet[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but officially no.

[quote name='usagi']Damn $10 off a $299 used game lol, but I know that's a typo. I'm not sure if you will be able to use your gamer coupon for the in-store pickup. You will need a manager override to do that and the coupon says only for in-store purchases.[/QUOTE]

I think you misread the post. I got the coupons (the 2 - $10 off) from doing in store pickup from previous purchases. You know the spend $50 or more and do in store pickup you get $10. I did it twice. So I am not sure where I will need a manger override as I am looking at the coupon as I type this and it states:

MUST PRINT TO REDEEM SAVINGS CODE IN STORE. Or, use the Serial and PIN to redeem it online.

PLEASE TREAT THIS SAVINGS CODE LIKE CASH AND SAFEGUARD IT ACCORDINGLY

Cashier Instructions: Tender as a gift card. Scan the barcode. When prompted for CID, key in the Savings Code PIN.

Again, you misread the post.

I should go through just the four pages of this thread(at 100 posts per page) and see how many times people have asked if you can PM the price at another retailer at BB AND use a coupon from @Gamer on that same game.

People bitch about fanboy comments and 'off topic' stuff and have a mod clean that sorta stuff up, but never once consider to check and see if a question has been answered before asking it for the 90th time.

I'm willing to bet this same questions been asked about 20-30 times in 2-3 months in the @Gamer coupon threads.

I was just making a point. This is another usual reason why threads get bloated very fast on here besides OT chatter and arguing, yet NOTHING is ever done about it.:roll: Although if I could have it my way, every CAG would actually read or skim the threads for answers to their questions.

But this just comes back to my stance that some here just want the deals and want everything handed to them without having to take some initiative for themselves. Case in point: People bitched incessantly about how a thread I used to maintain(penny guides) was formatted and how it was 'hard to understand' or they'd bitch about it not being updated quickly enough for them. Yet when I offered to let them take over that thread from me, no one would step forward to do it who had bitched about it.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Hoping to get prototype 2 and mass effect 3 for $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

Totally.

Got mine today. I'll probably use the top four coupons.

5977384F-DDD1-4848-8DA1-8C11C1F9112D-3685-000003793F13E132.jpg

I'll probably get Prototype 2 and if Lollipop Chainsaw drops in price, I'll get that, too. Hell, I might go after the other two as well.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Got mine today. I'll probably use the top four coupons.

5977384F-DDD1-4848-8DA1-8C11C1F9112D-3685-000003793F13E132.jpg
[/QUOTE]
If BB fixes the system back to how it used to be, where you could use the @Gamer coupon in conjunction with a weekly sale price on pre-owned games then I would have a use for that $10 off $29.99 one.

But as it stands, I'd be in for a $10 Prototype 2, $10 BF3 and maybe a $10 Lollipop Chainsaw(though I am kinda zombie'd out after Dead Nation, Dead Island and putzing around in Dead Rising 2). I'll likely wait and hope BB doesn't go under and see if they eventually do a $5 Mass Effect 3 after coupon to go with my $5 Mass Effect 2.;)

Went and picked up Prototype 2 today to make sure I get one of the steelbooks that are still in the Best Buy near me. Then will return rebuy some time next week.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] I'll likely wait and hope BB doesn't go under and see if they eventually do a $5 Mass Effect 3 after coupon to go with my $5 Mass Effect 2.;)[/QUOTE]

Would it be possible to price match Gamestop and then use the coupon?

[quote name='Wrong']Would it be possible to price match Gamestop and then use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Try reading pretty much any page of this thread, you aren't the first to ask.

[quote name='Nick45']Try reading pretty much any page of this thread, you aren't the first to ask.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Sorry and thanks.

[quote name='krashhole']Prototype 2 is $49.99. So $30 off would make it $20, not $10. Or is Prototype 2 going on sale Sunday for $39.99?[/QUOTE]
We all just want it for $10. Doesn't mean it will be.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but did anyone notice in the reviews that they reveal the new Zen Studios pinball Popcap based game early (its plants vs zombies)

So what's the protocol about price-adjusting within the 30-day window? Say I pick up Prototype 2 @ 40 bucks (20 after coupon) on Sunday, and then it goes on sale for $30 2 weeks later. Will they honor the normal price-adjusting policy, or count it as 'double-dipping' or something?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']So what's the protocol about price-adjusting within the 30-day window? Say I pick up Prototype 2 @ 40 bucks (20 after coupon) on Sunday, and then it goes on sale for $30 2 weeks later. Will they honor the normal price-adjusting policy, or count it as 'double-dipping' or something?[/QUOTE]
They won't even honor the price match policy period if you used a coupon. The only way it will work is if you do a return and rebuy with coupon. Unless you have more than one coupon you will only be able to return and rebuy once.

Does anyone know if you need the Gamer Zone Plus to use the coupons? My brother gets those magazines he never use them but we use different Reward Zone accounts.

Also does anyone know if Lollipop Chainsaw is still $60 at BB cause everywhere else is $40 want to get that, BF3 and Prototype 2.

[quote name='MissRiot0721']Does anyone know if you need the Gamer Zone Plus to use the coupons? My brother gets those magazines he never use them but we use different Reward Zone accounts.

Also does anyone know if Lollipop Chainsaw is still $60 at BB cause everywhere else is $40 want to get that, BF3 and Prototype 2.[/QUOTE]

I saw it at bb today for 60

[quote name='MissRiot0721']Does anyone know if you need the Gamer Zone Plus to use the coupons? My brother gets those magazines he never use them but we use different Reward Zone accounts.

Also does anyone know if Lollipop Chainsaw is still $60 at BB cause everywhere else is $40 want to get that, BF3 and Prototype 2.[/QUOTE]

It's Gamer Zone Unlocked, but no. You can have just the Gamer Zone and you'll be fine using the coupons

[quote name='AukeySeven']I saw it at bb today for 60[/QUOTE]

Okay I guess I'll wait for a price drop before I use the coupon.

[quote name='Geco17']It's Gamer Zone Unlocked, but no. You can have just the Gamer Zone and you'll be fine using the coupons[/QUOTE]

How do I know if I have a Gamer Zone? I know I have Premier Silver but I'm not sure if I sign up for Gamer Zone.

Nevermind I do have it XD thanks.

[quote name='Tsel']We all just want it for $10. Doesn't mean it will be.[/QUOTE]

It's not just that we want it for $10 it's that paying more than $10 for a game at Best Buy is strange now.

This.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']It's not just that we want it for $10 it's that paying more than $10 for a game at Best Buy is strange now.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine in the mail today. I would hope that we could all agree that this month's issue has THE MOST useless coupon on the computer games for Macs only. Of course I'm sure somebody already mentioned (and if not I am now) that you can usually register Mac Steam products as PC so if they're Steam-able...

People actually play games on their computers still?:razz: I've never wanted to bother with them myself and that's why I prefer consoles, since I don't have to tweak my settings or buy more memory for my PS3 just to play X or Y game as opposed to PC gamers.:booty:

[quote name='DemonsMaster']It's not just that we want it for $10 it's that paying more than $10 for a game at Best Buy is strange now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']This.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely this. If you have anything else to do with your life for fun, no reason to buy a video game for more than $10 or so anymore. Best Buy has us spoiled. At least it has spoiled me anyway.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People actually play games on their computers still?:razz: I've never wanted to bother with them myself and that's why I prefer consoles, since I don't have to tweak my settings or buy more memory for my PS3 just to play X or Y game as opposed to PC gamers.:booty:[/QUOTE]
This is one of the few times I have to completely agree with you. I never got into PC gaming since I couldnt stand not being able to just turn on the game and start playing. And back in the day you had to load the games with what seemed like an endless line of floppy disks. What a pain in the ass. And then to play the best games you have to upgrade your system? Horse Shit I say! :) I am too lazy and cheap to do all that!

[quote name='htz']They won't even honor the price match policy period if you used a coupon. The only way it will work is if you do a return and rebuy with coupon. Unless you have more than one coupon you will only be able to return and rebuy once.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get them to pricematch when I used a coupon. I picked up Fable when it was $20 used w/ $10 off coupon, making it $8 or so. I checked and the price dropped to $15 so I had it adjusted, getting $5 back to make the total cost of it $3.

This is one of the few times I have to completely agree with you. I never got into PC gaming since I couldnt stand not being able to just turn on the game and start playing. And back in the day you had to load the games with what seemed like an endless line of floppy disks. What a pain in the ass. And then to play the best games you have to upgrade your system? Horse Shit I say! I am too lazy and cheap to do all that!

:rofl: You guys are too much.

I mean, would I rather play this:

justcause2trailer5.jpg

Or this:

dmDla.jpg

$30 off Prototype 2 for PS3 & Xbox 360
Includes Prototype 2 and Prototype 2 - Blackwatch Collector's Edition

$30 off Battlefield 3 for PS3
Includes Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 3 Limited Edition (Not Premium Edition)

$20 off Mass Effect 3 for PS3, ,Xbox 360 & PC
Includes Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 3: N7 Collector's Edition

$20 off Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 & Xbox 360
(No Limited Editions)

$15 off Select Mac Titles (Civilization V GOTY, Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum, Call of Duty 4, Rage: Campaign Edition, Star Wars Mac Pack, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)
Offers limited to specific titles listed

$15 0ff Pre-owned Madden NFL 12 or NCAA Football 12 for PS3 & Xbox 360
(No Limited Editions)

$10 off Any Pre-owned Game $29.99 or above
Any title in the pre-owned category on sale for $29.99 or above

$20 off Tritton Primer Wireless Headset for Xbox 360
Tritton Primer headset SKU: 4525611
I got Mike from BB to post more info on the @gamer coupons regarding if collectors edition work on certain coupons. If the OP or MOD can edit the 1st post with this info, it would be helpful to fellow CAGs.

So yes Blackwatch collectors edition for prototype 2 and Mass Effect 3 N7 collectors edition do work with the coupons if you can find them in stock.
icon10.gif

Good news about Prototype, but bummer that the Battlefield coupon won't work on the Premium edition. I got my very first magazine in the mail today as well, despite my @Gamer account saying the next mailing date was September 2nd. I'm in for BF3, Mass Effect 3, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Prototype 2 if they go $10 or less.

Definitely good news on the Prototype LE. Though I wouldn't mind getting the ME3 CE, but that is highly unlikely that there are any available. I am also hoping for a sale on Lollipop Chainsaw. Too bad Tekken vs SF never went on sale.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People actually play games on their computers still?:razz: I've never wanted to bother with them myself and that's why I prefer consoles, since I don't have to tweak my settings or buy more memory for my PS3 just to play X or Y game as opposed to PC gamers.:booty:[/QUOTE]

:roll: :booty: haha

I really never had an issue because since I'm into photography and graphic design I usually need to update my computer about every 5 years anyway. During that time I'm usually good to go unless I fry something. I just see it as worth it, I mean my GPU cost less than a console and even if you add in the ram it's less than a console. But with the same PC I get on the internet, watch tons of movies, edit my photos, create logos, edit movies, etc etc.

I built this computer for under $800 and it'll run BF3 nearly maxed out. Since that game was one of the benchmarks at the time I bought it, I should be good to go for a while.

I can, however, sympathize with the people who just don't want to mess with it. If you don't know what you're doing it's very daunting and will be far more expensive then is actually required.

[quote name='pacifickarma']So, you'd rather play the watered-down version of a game on a machine using 7-year-old tech?[/QUOTE]
Yep. And apparently you do to as I see you have Live and PSN accounts.
[quote name='Scorch']
:rofl: You guys are too much.
[/QUOTE]

I loved Just Cause 2. Great game (one of my all time favorites) for PS3 and I am sure just as good on PC and 360.

[quote name='htz']I got Mike from BB to post more info on the @gamer coupons regarding if collectors edition work on certain coupons. If the OP or MOD can edit the 1st post with this info, it would be helpful to fellow CAGs.

So yes Blackwatch collectors edition for prototype 2 and Mass Effect 3 N7 collectors edition do work with the coupons if you can find them in stock.
icon10.gif
[/QUOTE]
Cool. Though I'm guessing now that the P2 collector's edition will vanish even before the coupons go live. ;)

[quote name='jazzman']Definitely good news on the Prototype LE. Though I wouldn't mind getting the ME3 CE, but that is highly unlikely that there are any available. I am also hoping for a sale on Lollipop Chainsaw. Too bad Tekken vs SF never went on sale.[/QUOTE]

Might not happen aswell for Lollipop. Who knows. All i know ima try to pm gs's sale price and use the coupon monday. :hot: My store has a prototype ce edition but its $80, fuck that. Ill await a $10 price for the regular version and flip that bad boy

[quote name='htz']I got Mike from BB to post more info on the @gamer coupons regarding if collectors edition work on certain coupons. If the OP or MOD can edit the 1st post with this info, it would be helpful to fellow CAGs.

icon10.gif
[/QUOTE]
Thanks htz. :)

Only one BB farthest from my area shows "In Store Only" for ME3 N7 CE. Wasn't expecting it to be OOS everywhere, so as tempting as it is, I might just get ME3 instead or just wait for a drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wrencrest']I loved Just Cause 2. Great game (one of my all time favorites) for PS3 and I am sure just as good on PC and 360.[/QUOTE]
I got back into JC2 for a lil while. A friend and I kept making and uploading videos to YouTube from it. About the only reason I would try to play JC 2 on PC would be to try out the user made multiplayer mode.
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Might not happen aswell for Lollipop. Who knows. All i know ima try to pm gs's sale price and use the coupon monday. :hot: My store has a prototype ce edition but its $80, fuck that. Ill await a $10 price for the regular version and flip that bad boy[/QUOTE]
Again using a coupon while PMing another stores' price is highly YMMV. So consider yourself lucky if you get a manager who doesn't give a crap and comes over and approves both portions of that transaction.:booty:

[quote name='jazzman']Though I wouldn't mind getting the ME3 CE, but that is highly unlikely that there are any available.[/QUOTE]

YMMV obviously, but I was at the Pleasant Hill, CA store yesterday and there were still two :ps3: ME3 CEs sitting on the shelf with a $50 pricetag. I might snag one if I can get there before someone else does after the coupons go live (still waiting on digital delivery).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Again using a coupon while PMing another stores' price is highly YMMV. So consider yourself lucky if you get a manager who doesn't give a crap and comes over and approves both portions of that transaction.:booty:[/QUOTE]

That I do know. My BB gives to shits about pm'ing but this may be asking for alittle too much. I post my results on monday:booty:

bread's done
Back