*UPDATED* Best Buy @ Gamer - 9/30/12 - 11/10/12 | Wikified

Waheed

CAGiversary!
For those of you who are wondering the cover of this months @gamer is CoD, hence the CoD themed discounts.

NOTE : These coupons will be in a special edition of @Gamer that sells in-store for $9.99 and will NOT be shipped to Gamer Club Unlocked Members.

$20 Off Call of Duty Blops (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (ps3 / xbox 360)

$20 off select gunnar optics for gaming

$15 off hauppauge HD-PVR2

$15 off 12-month subscription for xbla, posa, and digital

$15 off 12-month subscription for psn, posa, and digital

$10 off CoD: MoD 2 for (ps3 / xbox 360)

$30 off turtle beach call of duty: black ops 2 tango headset

This link is going to be outdated shortly but I'm leaving it here as there are a few days left.
Link to what versions the coupons apply to
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/September-Gamer-Coupon-Offers/td-p/568694
Updated : http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Rewar...all-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

Last edited by a moderator:
I play BF3 on 360, but I think I may try my hand at getting a PS3 copy of the Premium Edition for $30 and then just find someone with a 360 copy that wants to trade. Wishful thinking on my part though.

Are people finding it easier to use the BF3 coupon on the premium edition, or is it still very YMMV to get a manager's override at this point? Don't want to buy another magazine just to get denied at the register.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Success! Was able to get $30 off BF3 Premium on PS3 with the coupon. I ended up going to the front register, had a newish employee ask a busy manager about the coupon not working, he simply gave the ok to override after looking at the screen and coupon. Total was $5.07 out of pocket after using the last of my gift card. Seems you may have better luck with people who don't work in the game department and don't know the difference of the versions.

photo12lu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me. YMMV

[quote name='sasuke543']I know this ain't the right place to ask, but does anyone have a spare BF3 online pass that I could use?[/QUOTE]

I have one. Just pm me if you still need it.

For those of you waiting for Prototype 2 to drop in price, the TIV is at $9 right now so $20 is a good price. I just beat it and platinum'd it the other day. Today I traded it in at $19.80 so I basically only paid a dollar or two for the game after taxes.

I tried getting the premium edition yesterday but with no luck. I wanted a second copy for my brother, and we'd both get the maps, but the gaming guy had to be there at the register training the noob.

[quote name='mars009']Dang tried to getb the premium and it was a no go. I'm jealous of the ones that got it to work :bomb:[/QUOTE]

it is not suppose to work, unless you get a manager override. different sku

Gawd dammit ... got all excited when I saw Tiger Woods 13 was $39.99, anxiously ran to check my coupons to see how much would be taken off ... and quickly realized Tiger was offered in August's coupons. :whistle2:(

well, what happened to me? sign up on the 29th. They gave me the August magazine (because the other was not out yet). Told me to come back later to pick up the September issue. I did and was able to use the coupon to buy the Prototype2 (they even threw in the steel case). so nice deal!

I received my welcome pack today and I joined in early August. Still waiting for my first @gamer issue, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plastik3000']I received my welcome pack today and I joined in early August.[/QUOTE]

Early/mid July for me, and still waiting for my September issue to get here.

I kinda regret signing up, if the magazines are always going to be this late. The coupons are great and all. But if the magazines aren't going to get here until the 3rd week into the month, the coupons are rendered worthless because all the games will be sold out by then.

[quote name='henryVIII']Early/mid July for me, and still waiting for my September issue to get here.

I kinda regret signing up, if the magazines are always going to be this late. The coupons are great and all. But if the magazines aren't going to get here until the 3rd week into the month, the coupons are rendered worthless because all the games will be sold out by then.[/QUOTE]

Just switch to digital

I signed up in the beginning of September 2011 and received my first mag on time in the beginning of the next month and haven't ever had a late issue. I just renewed last week and got a confirmation email the next day, so we'll see if I continue to have good luck with @Gamer.

[quote name='xenozfan2']You mean this? (don't worry they are just hams ;)
mLkk3.gif
[/QUOTE]

I've been sitting here at my computer this whole time staring at this since you posted it four days ago.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I signed up in the beginning of September 2011 and received my first mag on time in the beginning of the next month and haven't ever had a late issue. I just renewed last week and got a confirmation email the next day, so we'll see if I continue to have good luck with @Gamer.[/QUOTE]
I guess most of us who signed up from the beginning have renewed. Was it confirmed whether or not renewals get any bonus (not the 250 RZ points) like the welcome packet?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I've been sitting here at my computer this whole time staring at this since you posted it four days ago.[/QUOTE]

Haha it's a great gif. In googling here more, I wasn't overly impressed with her though. Save 2 big exceptions. :)

When I signed up they gave me the current issue in store w/o me even having to ask and then next month's issue came promptly on time. Sucks for people who don't get it right away though.

I dont get why i still havent received my issue, i have always received my issue on time until the september issue. CAn you guys check but i found it odd that i went in the "report missing issue" section, and it said that i should have received my October 2012 issue....does that mean they already mailed those? i hope these guys arent screwing with my account..im a bit worried i wont get october either. i just want to see if anyone elses account is showing this..the gamers program is cool but they make you work to receive your stuff..i still havent received my "welcome" pack which im still trying to work out with best buy. I mean you pay for this stuff, u expect no problems, sigh.

I joined 8/10/12 and still haven't gotten my welcome package or sep issue. I can't even access my account on the @gamer site either as I don't know my account number. Have yet to receive my first issue in the mail and the welcome email only shows my rz number. I've even tried rz number as account number and it came back with nothing.

[quote name='ghozt']I joined 8/10/12 and still haven't gotten my welcome package or sep issue. I can't even access my account on the @gamer site either as I don't know my account number. Have yet to receive my first issue in the mail and the welcome email only shows my rz number. I've even tried rz number as account number and it came back with nothing.[/QUOTE]
Hit the "Forgot your password?" link. Put in your email address. If they have you in their system they will send you an email. The account number will be in the email.

my subscription expired early Sept and I received this mag. I renewed my subscription last week as well but did not get a mag for renewing (would have been the mag I just got in mail as well which has meh coupons).

Does anyone have an idea if my original sub's last mag is this issue or next? Also I'll have to go back to a store and request a free mag of next month's as well

After a no go at the first Best buy on the Premium edition the second best buy went off without a hitch.....

Didnt need a manager overide or anything, unless the bored looking kid at the cashier was a manager, but I doubt it.....

Looked like from what I saw on his screen he treated it as a manufacturer coupon(MFG) and just entered the amount and it was good to go, my reciept looked just like the one the CAGer posted a page ago....

Had to pay tax for the full 60 dollars which around here came to about 5.50 which sucks, but after I trade in my old copy of BF3 for eight bucks this made the Premium edition only 22 bucks before taxes, not bad...

Sucks that I already have return to karkand dlc but oh well, the fact I get four more DLC and the perks of the Premium membership is badass

[quote name='roundhouse']You can get $18.90 by trading BF3 into Amazon rather than the 8.40 at BBY. BBY's tiv is horrible for BF3 on PS3 because of the @Gamer coupon.[/QUOTE]

Does amazon have a limit to how many copies of a title they accept person/account?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Does amazon have a limit to how many copies of a title they accept person/account?[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe it is 2 copies of each game per console every 3 months.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']After a no go at the first Best buy on the Premium edition the second best buy went off without a hitch.....

Didnt need a manager overide or anything, unless the bored looking kid at the cashier was a manager, but I doubt it.....

Looked like from what I saw on his screen he treated it as a manufacturer coupon(MFG) and just entered the amount and it was good to go, my reciept looked just like the one the CAGer posted a page ago....

Had to pay tax for the full 60 dollars which around here came to about 5.50 which sucks, but after I trade in my old copy of BF3 for eight bucks this made the Premium edition only 22 bucks before taxes, not bad...

Sucks that I already have return to karkand dlc but oh well, the fact I get four more DLC and the perks of the Premium membership is badass[/QUOTE]

Dang I am going to give it another go this weekend, since last weekend the manager I know was out for the day. I really want to get the Premium if possible...so jealous :cold:

Just renewed my GCU subscription while buying Borderlands 2. The clerk was ringing me up, the prompt popped up, and I gave in. But once I got home, I looked at the receipt and I actually got the subscription for $13.99 instead of the normal $14.99. It says there was some $1 cert right under the GCU purchase but I have no idea where that came from. I know it's just a dollar and not that big of a deal, but I was pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Hell yeah! Looks like I'll be trading in BF3 while it's still worth something. Then getting it for $10. And will grab Prototype 2 and ME3 of they're $10 each.[/QUOTE]

Damn this guys was the first post...jinxed it for us on the 10 bucks actin like he knew ot was gonna be ten...still hopin for ten bux on both

Finally got my welcome package in the mail for being Unlocked, lol. Signed up in mid-July and actually got my September issue before the welcome package. Weird how that works.

Anyway, none of the coupons interest me unfortunately.

Hopefully next week we see a sale on Lollipop Chainsaw.

[quote name='klimb22']Hit the "Forgot your password?" link. Put in your email address. If they have you in their system they will send you an email. The account number will be in the email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that worked. Looks like my first issue is going to be mailed out Oct 1. Guess no BF3 for me.

Finally got around to checking with them about my missing magazine for Sept. and turns out it was sent back as undeliverable to them with a ripped label. They didn't have anymore to send out, so they extended my subscription to March 2013 (added 3 months). Can't fault them for the sh!tty service the USPS provides and at least they gave me some compensation. Kind of wish they would have done more after receiving the mag back, but I imagine they receive tons back from people who don't change address or have issues.

So far there hasn't been anything from the mag that I'd be interested in unless Prototype 2 or Lollipop Chainsaw drop and I can get them for $10 each. If that happens I'll just buy a mag in store and use the coupons then.

**Edit**
Just thought to myself that it'd be cool if they had a way to send my coupons digitally since they can't resend the mag....

I found a glitch in the system I used this months coupons on two separate games but a few days later I decided I did not want them since I bought them for the sake of it. Here's the kicker I received the full face value for both games . For example if I spent 90 and used a fourty dollar coupon I should only receive 50 dollars if I return the item but in my case I received all 90 dollars in two separate occasions. Only thing I can think off is the cashier didn't realize a coupon was used but I did let her know she refunded me too much.

[quote name='jedex']I found a glitch in the system I used this months coupons on two separate games but a few days later I decided I did not want them since I bought them for the sake of it. Here's the kicker I received the full face value for both games . For example if I spent 90 and used a fourty dollar coupon I should only receive 50 dollars if I return the item but in my case I received all 90 dollars in two separate occasions. Only thing I can think off is the cashier didn't realize a coupon was used but I did let her know she refunded me too much.[/QUOTE]

Probably just a dumb cashier. It happens.

A while back I did a return and rebuy for something that I paid for in part with RZ certificates. I didn't realize it at the time, but when the cashier processed it, she didn't do it right and I ended up getting the RZ certificates credited back to me, because she handled it as if I paid entirely in cash.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Finally got around to checking with them about my missing magazine for Sept. and turns out it was sent back as undeliverable to them with a ripped label. They didn't have anymore to send out, so they extended my subscription to March 2013 (added 3 months). Can't fault them for the sh!tty service the USPS provides and at least they gave me some compensation. Kind of wish they would have done more after receiving the mag back, but I imagine they receive tons back from people who don't change address or have issues.

So far there hasn't been anything from the mag that I'd be interested in unless Prototype 2 or Lollipop Chainsaw drop and I can get them for $10 each. If that happens I'll just buy a mag in store and use the coupons then.

**Edit**
Just thought to myself that it'd be cool if they had a way to send my coupons digitally since they can't resend the mag....[/QUOTE]

hate this company, gave me only one month...and they told me to shove it and go buy a mag, but buying a mag defeats the purpose of a sub. they extended me one month only. but funny thing is they told me they had no more to send out. then a few days later, i find a brand new mag sent to me certified mail, a bit late as all my local best buys ran out of the bf3s...and im not about to go tryin to defraud bb in to getting the premium edition.

Still no magazine for me with address change. What's everybody's experience with digital copy? I figure it would be quicker and no worry about the mail.

[quote name='paayter']hate this company, gave me only one month...and they told me to shove it and go buy a mag, but buying a mag defeats the purpose of a sub. they extended me one month only. but funny thing is they told me they had no more to send out. then a few days later, i find a brand new mag sent to me certified mail, a bit late as all my local best buys ran out of the bf3s...and im not about to go tryin to defraud bb in to getting the premium edition.[/QUOTE]

So you're upset that they sent you the magazine you were missing via certified mail AND extended your subscription by one month? I'd say you got the best of both worlds...

[quote name='klimb22']Hit the "Forgot your password?" link. Put in your email address. If they have you in their system they will send you an email. The account number will be in the email.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, sir. This helped me log on and figure out what the problem was. I hadn't received any issues yet, despite having signed up over two months ago.

It turns out, they had a really old address on file for me, even though I gave them my new address when I signed up in July. Thanks to your suggestion, I was able to log on and update my address. It shows the Oct issue already shipped, unfortunately, so I think I am SOL for that one too.

Thanks again.

[quote name='cheapfrag']So you're upset that they sent you the magazine you were missing via certified mail AND extended your subscription by one month? I'd say you got the best of both worlds...[/QUOTE]

cheapfrag, i dont think you understand too well...think about it i got my magazine 3 weeks in to the month...meaning all the bf3s near my local best buys have been snatched, all the blackwatch ce's have been snatched. ive had to call 3 or 4 times send a few emails all for something ive already paid for and should have been delivered on my doorstep with no work, so no cheapfrag i did not get the best of both worlds, i actually had to work for something i paid for. dont get it twisted. its the principle not what i ended up with..because what i ended up with, is worthless, do you get it now?

bread's done
Back