*updated* Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos (& Pikmin2) $14.99 each @ Target B&M (YMMV)

munch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
I'm not sure if this should go into the bragging forums or here. i went to my newly opened Target in Auburn, Alabama yesterday and found Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. it wasn't on clearance or anything, just behind the glass with a regular price tag of $14.99.

the game sells for $49.99 w/bongos at other places. Head out to Target to see if you can get in on this awesome deal!

*UPDATE*
i went back to target last night and they restocked Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. i'm guessing they are going to keep these prices for all recently opened stores. same goes for pikmin 2.

everyone who has a recently opened store nearby might want to go back and check to see if they have more in stock. this is a really good deal, and if anyone missed out on this intially, you should go back and look again.
*UPDATE*

[quote name='MorPhiend']DK2 and Pikmin 2 receipt scans, please!!! :D

And congrats on the finds, guys.[/QUOTE]

i'll try and put up both later today. the receipt doesn't say Donkey Konga 2. instead it says something like GC set. i'll have it up later in the day

[quote name='munch']i'll try and put up both later today. the receipt doesn't say Donkey Konga 2. instead it says something like GC set. i'll have it up later in the day[/QUOTE]

Does it at least have the UPC listed?

I can confirm this deal. Purchased at a new Target in Florida having Grand Opening this weekend for $14.99. Sticker on shelf said $14.99. Had 2 on shelf, 3 in stockroom. Item number on receipt appears to be 207140570, described as GC SFT. Thanks Munch and Cheapssgamer for this sweet deal!

[quote name='littlemonkey']I can confirm this deal. Purchased at a new Target in Florida having Grand Opening this weekend for $14.99. Sticker on shelf said $14.99. Had 2 on shelf, 3 in stockroom. Item number on receipt appears to be 207140570, described as GC SFT. Thanks Munch and Cheapssgamer for this sweet deal![/QUOTE]

Where in Florida...? That's so annoying when people forget to leave what city.

Didn't the OP confirm he got his at a new Target also? Maybe this is just for grand openings?

[quote name='Roufuss']Where in Florida...? That's so annoying when people forget to leave what city.

Lots of things are annoying, like assuming someone forgot to mention the city.
Tell you what Rou...it's starts with a T and the second letter is A. Let's see...Tamarac...Tampa...Tallahassee boy that's lots of driving.

SPOILER ALERT!!
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

Tampa : P

[quote name='littlemonkey'][quote name='Roufuss']Where in Florida...? That's so annoying when people forget to leave what city.

Lots of things are annoying, like assuming someone forgot to mention the city.
Tell you what Rou...it's starts with a T and the second letter is A. Let's see...Tamarac...Tampa...Tallahassee boy that's lots of driving.

SPOILER ALERT!!
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

Tampa : P[/QUOTE]

Now I'm going to pick your brain a little more... where at in Tampa?

[quote name='Roufuss'][quote name='littlemonkey']

Now I'm going to pick your brain a little more... where at in Tampa?[/QUOTE]

Let me see...there's that big road that runs by that other road....dang!
I am so terrible with directions.

Tampa Central Walters Crossing
Corner of Dale Mabry and I-275
813-262-0244

Can I get you some coffee now? How bout a back rub? : P

[quote name='littlemonkey']Tampa Central Walters Crossing
Corner of Dale Mabry and I-275
813-262-0244

Can I get you some coffee now? How bout a back rub? : P[/QUOTE]

I don't live in Tampa so I don't keep up to date on which Target's are opening there :p

Thanks though, I know exactly where this is.

Yeah sounds like something only for grand openings. When my local Target opened a few years ago they didn't have any deals like that :(

[quote name='littlemonkey']I can confirm this deal. Purchased at a new Target in Florida having Grand Opening this weekend for $14.99. Sticker on shelf said $14.99. Had 2 on shelf, 3 in stockroom. Item number on receipt appears to be 207140570, described as GC SFT. Thanks Munch and Cheapssgamer for this sweet deal![/QUOTE]

Went to this same Target, and got the LAST copy of Donkey Konga 2 (I called ahead and had one put on hold). I was going to grab an extra copy to sell on CAG, but they were completely cleaned out... the girl checked the computer and it listed 1 on the floor (which was mine) and 0 in the stockroom.

The receipt is useless, since it just says GC SFT as mentioned above and has a completely different SKU number than that on the Donkey Konga 2 box, so I can't PM this anywhere, and Target dosen't price match anywhere, not even their own store I believe.

Went to this same Target, and got the LAST copy of Donkey Konga 2 (I called ahead and had one put on hold). I was going to grab an extra copy to sell on CAG, but they were completely cleaned out... the girl checked the computer and it listed 1 on the floor (which was mine) and 0 in the stockroom.

The receipt is useless, since it just says GC SFT as mentioned above and has a completely different SKU number than that on the Donkey Konga 2 box, so I can't PM this anywhere, and Target dosen't price match anywhere, not even their own store I believe.

Confirmed as well... snagged the last one, luckily I called and put it on hold.

Cashier scanned it through the computer, it was the last one in the entire store, and the receipt is worthless for PM's - the sku number on the receipt is different than the one on the box, plus it says GC SFT as noted above.

Not sure if other Target's will PM their own receipt, since they are anal about everything else.

[quote name='Roufuss']Confirmed as well... snagged the last one, luckily I called and put it on hold.

Cashier scanned it through the computer, it was the last one in the entire store, and the receipt is worthless for PM's - the sku number on the receipt is different than the one on the box, plus it says GC SFT as noted above.

Not sure if other Target's will PM their own receipt, since they are anal about everything else.[/QUOTE]
dude, are you feeling ok?

[quote name='Santurio']dude, are you feeling ok?[/QUOTE]

Site is acting real glitchy for me... I didn't even see that the same message went up 3 times, since it just started hanging when I hit reply.

Deleted the extra two :p

OP, you deserve a good deal after the way Auburn got screwed by the BCS last year. How can you go undefeated in the toughest conference in America and not get to play for a National Championship? I'm not even an Auburn fan and that pissed me off!

[quote name='BIG5']OP, you deserve a good deal after the way Auburn got screwed by the BCS last year. How can you go undefeated in the toughest conference in America and not get to play for a National Championship? I'm not even an Auburn fan and that pissed me off![/QUOTE]

i know it man. your bringing up bad memories for me. :) wow, it's really weird hearing someone from the north actually admitting that the SEC is toughest conference.

anyways, i've been playing the hell out of DK2. i also picked up Pikmin 2 yesterday. my store had about 3904267 copies of it, so i was glad about that.

like Roufuss said, the receipt is worthless because it just says GCN SFT, but i'll fix the title to include Pikmin 2.

This deal is active at the Tallahasse, FL Target on Thomasville Road. As expected, it opened recently. They were behind the glass but there was no price sticker, so I asked for a price check and sure enough they were 14.99. I ended up getting 3; 2 for me and 1 for a local friend. There are still multiples there so if any Tallahasseans want to head out I'm sure they'll still be there.

Does anyone have any input on how Donkey Konga (1 or 2 or JB) is when played with 3 or 4 people. I've never played with more than 2 people but I was contemplating picking up 2 more to have a full set of drums. If you have any experience, let me know.

Thanks and good luck to those with new Targets.

[quote name='Trakan']Nothing at mine either. It opened a couple of months ago.[/QUOTE]

I suspect this is for grand opening stores, i.e only a few days old.

The Target in Tampa had signs everywhere that was like "NOW OPEN!" and "GRAND OPENING DEAL!!"

This might be one of those unadvertised deals to get people into the new stores to check them out. I have to say, this new Target in Tampa was the nicest Target I have been in, in my entire life.

When I got home from buying the games I had a flyer in the mail advertising a Grand Opening at the Target I had just been to. I thought it was a month or two old but maybe I was wrong.

[quote name='yeldarb367']

Does anyone have any input on how Donkey Konga (1 or 2 or JB) is when played with 3 or 4 people. I've never played with more than 2 people but I was contemplating picking up 2 more to have a full set of drums. If you have any experience, let me know.

[/QUOTE]

i've played with three and it is so much fun. if you go to the concert menu (i think) it's a blast.

[quote name='yeldarb367']This deal is active at the Tallahasse, FL Target on Thomasville Road. As expected, it opened recently. They were behind the glass but there was no price sticker, so I asked for a price check and sure enough they were 14.99. I ended up getting 3; 2 for me and 1 for a local friend. There are still multiples there so if any Tallahasseans want to head out I'm sure they'll still be there.

Thanks and good luck to those with new Targets.[/QUOTE]

I recommend picking up extension cables for the bongos, since they tend to be a little on the short side. Pre-owned ones from EB work perfectly, and they were $1.49 before SAVER & PPLAY15 & EDGE each.

[quote name='shrike4242']I recommend picking up extension cables for the bongos, since they tend to be a little on the short side. Pre-owned ones from EB work perfectly, and they were $1.49 before SAVER & PPLAY15 & EDGE each.[/QUOTE]

i 2nd that. i wish nintendo would have made their cords more like the xbox. i'll be ordering those today.

[quote name='munch']I'm not sure if this should go into the bragging forums or here. i went to my newly opened Target in Auburn, Alabama yesterday and found Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. it wasn't on clearance or anything, just behind the glass with a regular price tag of $14.99.

the game sells for $49.99 w/bongos at other places. Head out to Target to see if you can get in on this awesome deal![/QUOTE]

Holy shit man, I'll check the Montgomery AL Target tonight before I get a few drinks. Maybe it'll be the same price there as well

[quote name='Skylander7']Holy shit man, I'll check the Montgomery AL Target tonight before I get a few drinks. Maybe it'll be the same price there as well[/QUOTE]
Did it open within the last few weeks?

[quote name='yeldarb367']Did it open within the last few weeks?[/QUOTE]

Nope, about a year ago. Auburn is 45 minutes away from here, so it's worth checking out

You may or may not have read all the posts, but those who have found this deal, including me, found it at stores that are, or were recently, having a Grand Opening. Might want to call ahead.

[quote name='yeldarb367']You may or may not have read all the posts, but those who have found this deal, including me, found it at stores that are, or were recently, having a Grand Opening. Might want to call ahead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just called and no go. Damn... I'm guessing it's sold out at the Auburn Target, so no luck for me. Oh well, one hell of a deal for the OP IMO.

[quote name='Skylander7']Yeah, I just called and no go. Damn... I'm guessing it's sold out at the Auburn Target, so no luck for me. Oh well, one hell of a deal for the OP IMO.[/QUOTE]

thans, man. they are officially out of them at the target here. they still have Pikmin 2 for $14.99, which is worth the drive.

I went to my Target and they Donkey Konga 2 w/ Bongos, Donkey Kong Jungle beat w/ bongos, and the bongos by themselves. All of them regular price. this is getting dissappointing for me. Target doesn't have it for sale in my area nor the Wal Mart near me.

[quote name='Watto11107']I went to my Target and they Donkey Konga 2 w/ Bongos, Donkey Kong Jungle beat w/ bongos, and the bongos by themselves. All of them regular price. this is getting dissappointing for me. Target doesn't have it for sale in my area nor the Wal Mart near me.[/QUOTE]

That's because it's only at Targets which recently opened, it seems.

God, no new store openings ever happend around me... that's when they have the insane-est prices.

[quote name='Skylander7']Yeah, I just called and no go. Damn... I'm guessing it's sold out at the Auburn Target, so no luck for me. Oh well, one hell of a deal for the OP IMO.[/QUOTE]

Did they scan it? I was thinking about hitting that store tomorrow & doing a barcode printout scan, but if you've had them scan it then there's no point.

They've been dry in the M'gomery store w/ clearances lately. They had a Xbox Outlaw Golf 2 for about $10 a few weeks back, but that never dropped below that & then disappeared (I didn't think it was worth $10, so either someone else did or it dropped & I missed it ;) ).

[quote name='argyle']
They've been dry in the M'gomery store w/ clearances lately. They had a Xbox Outlaw Golf 2 for about $10 a few weeks back, but that never dropped below that & then disappeared (I didn't think it was worth $10, so either someone else did or it dropped & I missed it ;) ).[/QUOTE]

Yeah it has been dry, I checked it today, and there was almost nothing going on in the clearance bin - I found a deck of Transformers playing cards for .93 - no games at all! The last game I saw in there was NHL2k5 for 4.98 a week or so ago. Have you happened to notice if they have pikmin 2 on sale at the monal store??

[quote name='munch']thans, man. they are officially out of them at the target here. they still have Pikmin 2 for $14.99, which is worth the drive.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had money to have you pick me one up...:cry:

Hmm I needa check my Target for this, even though I already have DK2 w/ bongos, but extra bongos are nice :)

[quote name='suko_32']Has anyone who got DK2 for 14.99 tried Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/Bongo?[/QUOTE]

The shelf tag for Jungle Beat clearly says 54.99, right next to the one that says 14.99 for Donkey Konga 2.

[quote name='suko_32']Has anyone who got DK2 for 14.99 tried Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/Bongo?[/QUOTE]

I checked out of curiosity, and Jungle Beat was still the same price.

Anybody willing to pick me up a Pikmin 2? (Since I'm pretty sure nobody will be able to find anymore Konga 2's...)

bread's done
Back