*updated* Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos (& Pikmin2) $14.99 each @ Target B&M (YMMV)

munch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
138 (100%)
I'm not sure if this should go into the bragging forums or here. i went to my newly opened Target in Auburn, Alabama yesterday and found Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. it wasn't on clearance or anything, just behind the glass with a regular price tag of $14.99.

the game sells for $49.99 w/bongos at other places. Head out to Target to see if you can get in on this awesome deal!

*UPDATE*
i went back to target last night and they restocked Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos for $14.99. i'm guessing they are going to keep these prices for all recently opened stores. same goes for pikmin 2.

everyone who has a recently opened store nearby might want to go back and check to see if they have more in stock. this is a really good deal, and if anyone missed out on this intially, you should go back and look again.
*UPDATE*

[quote name='botticus']It is a good deal, but I have to weigh the deal against the likelihood that the games will be cheap enough soon that I can buy them and actually use the bongos.[/QUOTE]

Check out my ebay auction for Donkey Konga 2. I expect it will sell for pretty cheap (no more than the $15 I paid) and I'm giving 50% off shipping to CAGs.

Auction Link

[quote name='Backlash']Check out my ebay auction for Donkey Konga 2. I expect it will sell for pretty cheap (no more than the $15 I paid) and I'm giving 50% off shipping to CAGs.

Auction Link[/QUOTE]

I will investigate, thanks.

They only had the bongos for $15 at my Target on clearance. No sign of the Donkey Konga 2. If anybody is willing to send me Donkey Konga 2 w/o the bongos (you can keep them) for around $12 please PM me.

[quote name='shipwreck']Can we move this to deal discussion or something? Hasn't this deal been over for a long time now?[/QUOTE]

No. Read post #183 (by me). I just bought a set for $15 at a new Target on Monday (two days ago). Also there have been several reports of restocking at some locations.

[quote name='Backlash']No. Read post #183 (by me). I just bought a set for $15 at a new Target on Monday (two days ago). Also there have been several reports of restocking at some locations.[/QUOTE]

this is gonna be an odd request, i have extra copy of donkey conga 1, anyone wanna trade with copy of donkey conga 2? no bongo just the game.. thanx

Just got 2 pairs of the bongos for 14.98 each today at my Target! Wasn't expecting a markdown at that store since it wasn't exactly newish.

Wouldn't of kept an eye out if OP didn't post this find! Thanks OP! :)

[quote name='Quigoni']Just got 2 pairs of the bongos for 14.98 each today at my Target! Wasn't expecting a markdown at that store since it wasn't exactly newish.

Wouldn't of kept an eye out if OP didn't post this find! Thanks OP! :)[/QUOTE]

awesome, glad to hear this deal is still alive in some places. i think my target is wiped clean.

Is this price listed on the box?

Assuming that my target has DK2 for $15, if I call them up, will they tell me the discounted price or the original price?

[quote name='Slick1237']Is this price listed on the box?

Assuming that my target has DK2 for $15, if I call them up, will they tell me the discounted price or the original price?[/QUOTE]

if you're target is new, i.e. opened around the end of july, you probably have it at $15. i'd call and check, but they will not PM another target store.

What the poster above was probably referring tow as just the bongos themselves for $15, where they are clearanced out at many Targets. I'm debating getting a set or two, but I haven't gotten any of the games yet, so I'm kinda holding out to see what I get.

Hmmmm...well my Target isn't exactly "new". I don't get why new Target stores have this deal, but older one's don't, could this be that the newer Target stores have more updated price lists and the older Targets will be getting the newer price lists in the future? Or is this just a lucky find...

Well if anyone checks out a Target in Milwaukee, WI. Let me know if you find anything.

a target in Monroe,ny just opened...supposed to be opening sunday but was there today since i saw shopping carts in the lot...saw dk2 but it was marked $49.99 and i didnt ask yet since the electronics department was dead...will ask next time though but not getting my hopes up...

This deal is surprisingly still alive! I got Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos for $14.99 at the new Pinellas Park, FL Target that just opened last Saturday! Glad I was still able to get in on it. No Pikmin 2 to be found though.

The placement of this new Target is puzzling since there is an old Target less than one mile away that's still open. So now there's two Targets practically a mile apart!

[quote name='GunstarRed']This deal is surprisingly still alive! I got Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos for $14.99 at the new Pinellas Park, FL Target that just opened last Saturday! Glad I was still able to get in on it. No Pikmin 2 to be found though.

The placement of this new Target is puzzling since there is an old Target less than one mile away that's still open. So now there's two Targets practically a mile apart![/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this! A Target just opened by my house a week ago or so. I'm going to try and check this out later today. I was just wondering if this deal was still alive. Thanks again!

anyone have any insight on how this works? a new target opened last week and they had many 'new store deals' for various different items and departments, but none for video games(the closest things were those jak(?) pacific plug and play controllers). I tried scanning Donkey Konga 2 w/bongos and it came up at full price at their scanners. Do they have to total it for the sale to register or anything like that? is there a special SKU?

I stopped today at the new Super Target that opened off Alico Road in Fort Myers, Florida. They had one copy of DK2 marked at 49.99. Didn't have it scanned since the grand opening was this week (Figured there would be no reason to post an old price).

P.S. 1st time I've seen a Super Target. Very nice. Multiple aisles of videogames.

^^^ The Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos I purchased at a new Target store was clearly marked $14.99 on the price tag under the case it was in. I was shocked they had any left since the price was right there. It scanned in at $14.99 as well before the cashier hit total.

From reading some of the posts in this thread, it seems to even be a YMMV deal even at new Targets that just opened. Maybe it is only valid at new regular Targets and not new Super Targets. I can't explain why some new stores have the deal and some don't.

I picked up a set of bongos at my local target 2 nights ago for $7.98. There was only the one in stock. I did see some DK2's in the case but when I had them scanned they were still 49.99.

So, check your local targets as the price on the Bongos may have been knocked down again.

Anyone want to sell me their used or new Donkey Konga 2 game without Bongos? Or anyone want to go pick one up for a Target for me? I'll absolutely pay you for your time. I just want the game also, so you'd get FREE bongos! PM me

-Adam

bread's done
Back