Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='knightsdwn']The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that's awesome.

So i can just walk in, pay 5 bucks for the steelbook and then just forget about the preorder right? So steelbook=5 dollars? Never preordered from BB before so yea.

[quote name='darrenaw9']So i can just walk in, pay 5 bucks for the steelbook and then just forget about the preorder right? So steelbook=5 dollars? Never preordered from BB before so yea.[/QUOTE]
thats how it looks

[quote name='proKoyeon']i would love to see some actual pictures from people who have picked one up[/QUOTE]

That is an actual scan of the steelbook from somebody who picked one up

I went to my local Best Buy but the guy said he had them in the back and when he came back he said he wasn't supposed to put them out until March 10th. Guess i'll hit up the other best buys around my house to see if i can get one there.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I went to my local Best Buy but the guy said he had them in the back and when he came back he said he wasn't supposed to put them out until March 10th. Guess i'll hit up the other best buys around my house to see if i can get one there.[/QUOTE]
lol I was told the box says March 5th, someone earlier said there BB's box says March 6th, and now yours is March 10th. I wonder if the employees are even looking at the right boxes. I'm pretty sure its suppose to be March 5th to coincide with the massive reveal tomorrow at 5PM by ubisoft.

[quote name='traxstar']why would that guy pay 45 for it when he can get it at bb for 5$[/QUOTE]

I'll take "He's an Idiot for $100."

Just got off the phone with the BB in City of Industry, CA. Sales rep said she didn't know anything about a steelbook, so I guess I'll wait until the 10th to check it out so that I don't end up driving there for nothing.

[quote name='htz']lol I was told the box says March 5th, someone earlier said there BB's box says March 6th, and now yours is March 10th. I wonder if the employees are even looking at the right boxes. I'm pretty sure its suppose to be March 5th to coincide with the massive reveal tomorrow at 5PM by ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

To the guys credit he literally brought out the steelbook and showed me that it said in the back "Sell between March 10th - ?" forgot till when but the actual thing did say March 10th. The guy also told me he only had around 25 steelbooks total so i would keep my eyes open for those of you who really want this and dont wanna risk not getting one. Im gonna keep checkin until i get my copy lol

[quote name='kaaaaiiii']Just got off the phone with the BB in City of Industry, CA. Sales rep said she didn't know anything about a steelbook, so I guess I'll wait until the 10th to check it out so that I don't end up driving there for nothing.[/QUOTE]

FUNNY, i just called them too, they said it'll be out tmr...however i work tmr. if you happen to check by and they have it, pm me?

Question Assassins Creed fans.

I am really wanting to play ACIII because of its theme that it will be taking on.

I will admit playing only the first level or so of the first Assassins Creed and I didn't come back after that. Of course, that was about 4 or 5 years ago and I want to give the franchise a fair chance. Is it required to play Brotherhood and Revelations or will it be just fine for me to play AC and ACII?

[quote name='ral1121']
I will admit playing only the first level or so of the first Assassins Creed and I didn't come back after that. Of course, that was about 4 or 5 years ago and I want to give the franchise a fair chance. Is it required to play Brotherhood and Revelations or will it be just fine for me to play AC and ACII?[/QUOTE]

Well, first of all, AC3 uses an entirely different engine than the previous games. So if you didn't like the gameplay in the previous games, the one in AC3 will be vastly different.

Second, if you only care about the story, then read a wiki or watch some Youtube videos to catch up. It's not like Mass Effect; your choices in the previous games don't matter as you can't import any game saves.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='ral1121']Is it required to play Brotherhood and Revelations or will it be just fine for me to play AC and ACII?[/QUOTE]

usually I see people saying you can skip the 1st game. You should prob play 2, but you can probably skip brotherhood (though it very nicely expands on 2) and I haven't touched revelations yet. but everything in AC is recapped in the other games.

[quote name='ral1121']Question Assassins Creed fans.

I am really wanting to play ACIII because of its theme that it will be taking on.

I will admit playing only the first level or so of the first Assassins Creed and I didn't come back after that. Of course, that was about 4 or 5 years ago and I want to give the franchise a fair chance. Is it required to play Brotherhood and Revelations or will it be just fine for me to play AC and ACII?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much required to know Desmond's part of the story, but the none of the three core games related in terms of the main character.

In all honesty, I would just flat-out skip the first game and go right into II, Brotherhood, and then Revelations.

man that steelbook looks sick! i wont be getting it though. not worth the 45 min drive to BB to pre order a game i have no intentions of buying on day 1. hell i just started AC2 today!

[quote name='htz']If you buy Revelations for PS3, I think all copies still come with AC1 for free.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt that only for the first batch or something?

[quote name='sublime90']man that steelbook looks sick! i wont be getting it though. not worth the 45 min drive to BB to pre order a game i have no intentions of buying on day 1. hell i just started AC2 today![/QUOTE]

man 45 minutes to a best buy!? Seems like I cant go 5 minutes without seeing a best buy on the side of the freeway.

Damn, I was at my BB today and I forgot to check if they had them out yet. I'll go back tomorrow since I have a feeling these wont last very long. I'm just going to pre-order for the steelbook, and then wait for a sale on the game. Five bucks seems like a fair price to pay IMO.

[quote name='djricekcn']FUNNY, i just called them too, they said it'll be out tmr...however i work tmr. if you happen to check by and they have it, pm me?[/QUOTE]

I will be at school all week and won't be back until Friday - I'm hoping they won't run out by then.. that would certainly be a sad day for me.

[quote name='Geco17']Opinions on this being standard in the CE version of this game? Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]

Never. Ubisoft has never released one in the US, at least not for the AC series. They only care about the foreign markets.

[quote name='Romeo']Never. Ubisoft has never released one in the US, at least not for the AC series. They only are about the foreign markets.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I might just take the hour long bus ride to my nearest BB since I won't be home from school for two weeks.

[quote name='Geco17']Thanks for the info. I might just take the hour long bus ride to my nearest BB since I won't be home from school for two weeks.[/QUOTE]

No problem at all. I was just at a best buy hours ago, just saw this thread now... bleh.

[quote name='advanced']Probably going to get this. Anybody know what size box it is: 360 or PS3? I don't personally care, but I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

G1, DVD, Xbox... the system the series is meant to be played on. ;)

Thanks, Romeo. I'm stoked for this even though I've never played a single AC game. Might make me go pick up a few of the ones used to play through before this comes out.

Either way, I want that box.

[quote name='advanced']Thanks, Romeo. I'm stoked for this even though I've never played a single AC game. Might make me go pick up a few of the ones used to play through before this comes out.

Either way, I want that box.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. You're talking to the biggest AC fan there is, I own essentially every collectable, from the smallest trinket pre-order promo to the 1 of 200 Italian Attakus statue.

This is Just a thought for everyone planing on buying the game at some point...black Friday will be only 3 weeks after the game releases so you could price if the game happens to go on sale then (which it most likely will).

[quote name='Romeo']You're welcome. You're talking to the biggest AC fan there is, I own essentially every collectable, from the smallest trinket pre-order promo to the 1 of 200 Italian Attakus statue.[/QUOTE]

Do you own the Assassin's Creed II steelbook? Those go for crazy amounts of $$ now.

bread's done
Back