Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']You're welcome. You're talking to the biggest AC fan there is, I own essentially every collectable, from the smallest trinket pre-order promo to the 1 of 200 Italian Attakus statue.[/QUOTE]

pics of said collection? do u have the brotherhood codex edition?

[quote name='barrit']Do you own the Assassin's Creed II steelbook? Those go for crazy amounts of $$ now.[/QUOTE]

No, just the AC Collection steelbook.

Off the top of my head, I have every CE released, every action figure, every statue, all pre-order bonuses, 7/11 cups, pins, keychains, comics, novels, belt buckle, Ubisoft White Edition Encyclopedia, all strategy guide, 6ft store standees, and even the White PSP-3000 AC edition.

[quote name='technicalstylez']pics of said collection? do u have the brotherhood codex edition?[/QUOTE]

One thing I don't do is import... I didn't want things in my collection I can't use that were region locked. The only AC item I imported was the AC Collection Futureshop steelbook.

[quote name='Vap']This is Just a thought for everyone planing on buying the game at some point...black Friday will be only 3 weeks after the game releases so you could price if the game happens to go on sale then (which it most likely will).[/QUOTE]

You can't price match Black Friday pricing at Best Buy, not sure if you can anywhere for what matter. If you can, then people will buy weeks in advance based on leaked deal info and just go in for a PM.

SKU # is 4860513

The $5 down payment is for the game not the steelbook.

You can get a refund after 2 months.

There is no G2 size for the PS3.

Street date is Saturday, March 10th.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']SKU # is 4860513

The $5 down payment is for the game not the steelbook.

You can get a refund after 2 months.

There is no G2 size for the PS3.

Street date is Saturday, March 10th.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You can't price match Black Friday pricing at Best Buy, not sure if you can anywhere for what matter. If you can, then people will buy weeks in advance based on leaked deal info and just go in for a PM.[/QUOTE]

Oh..didn't know that...it sucks but makes sense.

awesome. looking at that video it looks like they replaced the rp rating sign with an M. that is awesome if im seeing it right. gonna get that steelcase tuesday when i get my N7 case. woot
n then pickup the game for $20 a month or so after release...

[quote name='Velo214']awesome. looking at that video it looks like they replaced the rp rating sign with an M. that is awesome if im seeing it right. gonna get that steelcase tuesday when i get my N7 case. woot
n then pickup the game for $20 a month or so after release...[/QUOTE]

Mine has an RP on it.

Street date is the 10th? Looks like people are getting them already so I hope I can nab one on Tuesday when I go to get some ME3 CEs. I'll end up cancelling the preorder down the line too.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Street date is the 10th? Looks like people are getting them already so I hope I can nab one on Tuesday when I go to get some ME3 CEs. I'll end up cancelling the preorder down the line too.[/QUOTE]

Better hurry, they were going quickly :lol: haha jk. They have plenty of them, plus I think some stores may have not received/opened their boxes of them yet.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wait so just put $5 down and that's it right?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The preorder card is on the backside shrinkwrapped with the steelcase.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Better hurry, they were going quickly :lol: haha jk. They have plenty of them, plus I think some stores may have not received/opened their boxes of them yet.[/QUOTE]
If the four or five closest Best Buys weren't all an hour away in either Florence or Columbia, I would have gone now. It makes me wish I was back home in Kansas City where I could damn-near crawl to a Best Buy from my house.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If the four or five closest Best Buys weren't all an hour away in either Florence or Columbia, I would have gone now. It makes me wish I was back home in Kansas City where I could damn-near crawl to a Best Buy from my house.[/QUOTE]

I'm from Florence. They didn't know anything about the steelcases. I just happened to see the display in the Lexington store today.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I'm from Florence. They didn't know anything about the steelcases. I just happened to see the display in the Lexington store today.[/QUOTE]
Ah. Haven't ever been around too much of Lexington. I'm already going into Columbo on Tuesday with a buddy and my daughter to grab ME3 and Jimmie Johns sandwiches, so it will be nice if I can find them at one of the stores on Two-Notch or the one by the Columbiana Mall. I don't even have a specific store planned out yet. Whichever one we hit first that has ME3 CE's available will be the one I look for this case at.

No offense intended about SC since you are from Florence, but man do I hate this state. I can certainly see why it would appeal to people and I know a lot of people enjoy Sumter being in the middle of Columbo, Myrtle Beach, Flo, ATL, Augusta, Charlotte, and Charleston...but it's not for me. Living in KC suburbs and then Korea before here has spoiled me. Having to drive 2 hours for a UFC event or concert or to get to the beach or whatever does not appeal to me with the way people drive around here.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Ah. Haven't ever been around too much of Lexington. I'm already going into Columbo on Tuesday with a buddy and my daughter to grab ME3 and Jimmie Johns sandwiches, so it will be nice if I can find them at one of the stores on Two-Notch or the one by the Columbiana Mall. I don't even have a specific store planned out yet. Whichever one we hit first that has ME3 CE's available will be the one I look for this case at.

No offense intended about SC since you are from Florence, but man do I hate this state. I can certainly see why it would appeal to people and I know a lot of people enjoy Sumter being in the middle of Columbo, Myrtle Beach, Flo, ATL, Augusta, Charlotte, and Charleston...but it's not for me. Living in KC suburbs and then Korea before here has spoiled me. Having to drive 2 hours for a UFC event or concert or to get to the beach or whatever does not appeal to me with the way people drive around here.[/QUOTE]

You might want to call around about the CE. The Spring Valley/NE Columbia Best Buy might have a PS3 CE. The rep there said she ordered one and didn't want it or something. You should also check the out the Best Buys with a Target beside/close to them. I would hit the Target first and then the Best Buy.

I may be a native, but even I know this state is retarded. We elected someone governor because Sarah Palin endorsed her. We have idiots running just about everything. However the state wouldn't be so bad if they did shit right.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You might want to call around about the CE. The Spring Valley/NE Columbia Best Buy might have a PS3 CE. The rep there said she ordered one and didn't want it or something. You should also check the out the Best Buys with a Target beside/close to them. I would hit the Target first and then the Best Buy.

I may be a native, but even I know this state is retarded. We elected someone governor because Sarah Palin endorsed her. We have idiots running just about everything. However the state wouldn't be so bad if they did shit right.[/QUOTE]
I already have a 360 CE coming in from Amazon that I nabbed last week when they popped up for 5 minutes or so early in the morning. My buddy wants a PC CE and I want some to sell is all.
I'm gonna hit Walmart at midnight and if there are none at any Best Buy's, I'll try a Target or two. It's no big deal if I can't find one though. Getting a PC version for my buddy will be the tough find, since no one around here carries PC games outside of Target it seems.

EDIT: And no matter how much the state could do right, I love the cold and snow. It will still be humid and warm here. So there is no way I could like it here. Although later in life I am moving to the Philippines to settle down and it is the complete opposite of what I look for in weather. I was taking 2 to 3 showers a day last time I was there...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I already have a 360 CE coming in from Amazon that I nabbed last week when they popped up for 5 minutes or so early in the morning. My buddy wants a PC CE and I want some to sell is all.
I'm gonna hit Walmart at midnight and if there are none at any Best Buy's, I'll try a Target or two. It's no big deal if I can't find one though. Getting a PC version for my buddy will be the tough find, since no one around here carries PC games outside of Target it seems.

EDIT: And no matter how much the state could do right, I love the cold and snow. It will still be humid and warm here. So there is no way I could like it here. Although later in life I am moving to the Philippines to settle down and it is the complete opposite of what I look for in weather. I was taking 2 to 3 showers a day last time I was there...[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye out for a PC CE for you. I plan to just hit up Target and Best Buy. I should have a 360 CE waiting for me at Best Buy. Hopefully it's pulled that night or early morning so it's not sold to someone else.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You can't price match Black Friday pricing at Best Buy, not sure if you can anywhere for what matter. If you can, then people will buy weeks in advance based on leaked deal info and just go in for a PM.[/QUOTE]

My local Best Buy has let me PM Black Friday deals for years, going as far back as when I used to work there in 2000-ish.

Every year I do exactly what you are warning against. I go in on Tuesday or Wednesday pick up what I want then price match sometime on Friday afternoon. A few years ago I made out huge, got over $2000 refunded to me.

The only price match limitation I've ever run into is on the door buster items which they won't PM at all. Granted, a new release like that may end up as a DB item rather than part of the overall BF sale.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Gonna head out this morning and see if my Best Buy has any of these Steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

They should. I was told they would start selling them this morning.

[quote name='mrclutch']I'll take "He's an Idiot for $100."[/QUOTE]

No offense, but people pointing fingers at other people are the idiots. Just because someone paid a premium for something you can get cheap it doesn't mean you're the smart one. If you're so smart why don't you have the kind of money like the "idiots" do? Why so many CAGs flipping pennies/petty dollars here? Is it really smart or stupid? People paying premiums for stuff (like CAGs paying for Apple products) are getting values in other areas. Just be blessed that there are people out there make you happy (like paying $40 for your $5 copy of this steelbook case).

[quote name='Serpentor']No offense, but people pointing fingers at other people are the idiots. Just because someone paid a premium for something you can get cheap it doesn't mean you're the smart one. If you're so smart why don't you have the kind of money like the "idiots" do? Why so many CAGs flipping pennies/petty dollars here? Is it really smart or stupid? People paying premiums for stuff (like CAGs paying for Apple products) are getting values in other areas. Just be blessed that there are people out there make you happy (like paying $40 for your $5 copy of this steelbook case).[/QUOTE]
was it you that bought it? lol ouch

[quote name='InvaderZim']They should. I was told they would start selling them this morning.[/QUOTE]

I got yesterday at my local BB. The cover looks awesome.

I hope these don't go too fast or something, so I can just grab one when I pick up my ME3 preorder... my store doesn't seem to have much preorder traffic... guy even offered the ME3 collectors edition for preorder the other day (at least he thought he could). In retrospect I probably should have taken him up on that...

[quote name='GUNNM']was it you that bought it? lol ouch[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sarcasm, but no... I'm just pointing out that people are being so ungrateful these days. I would never call my customers "idiots." I call them people with good taste, thanks for their business.

I admit they are not wise with their money, but it's because of people that pay the premium price that us cheap customers can benefit.

For example, if a store has 100 units of a game that they paid $20 for and they sell 50 of them for $60 they spent $2,000 to get them and made $3,000 on just those 50 games. They then put the game on sale for $30 which is when we buy it. The store sells the other 50 units for a total of only $1,500, making the total sales for all 100 units $4,500 which is more then double their investment, not bad if you ask me. But if they sold all 100 units at $30 it's a meager $1,000 profit, not enough to pay off the expenses involved in getting/stocking/selling said game.

I so want one of these, but can't get one until next week! I wonder if there will be any pre-order dlc bonus for pre-ordering with Best Buy. I kind of wish this was available at Gamestop because the Best Buy near me closed.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']I got yesterday at my local BB. The cover looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one having problems? I preordered the game just this morning when my BB opened, but the guy at the game counter insisted "you'll get the preorder bonus when the game arrives." I went back and forth with him on this but he simply wouldn't listen.... very frustrating.

To be clear: the steelbook is a preorder bonus ONLY and should be in stores RIGHT NOW, right? (Yes, I read the thread, just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding).

Thanks in advance for any help -

From my experiences from pre-ordering from Best Buy, the steelbooks should be on the shelves. You pick them up and buy them. At the same time, you're pre-ordering a copy. They get your info, and you keep that receipt until the game/movie comes out. Once it comes out, you bring that receipt and you pay the remaining amount.

From experience, whatever doesn't sell at BB, the preselling dvd/bd cases, they will penny them out. The BD sized steelbook cases usually all gone by then, but for the DVD sized ones you have higher chances... If I see one at the BB store I probably going to get it, but I don't really care though. Cool swag, but it's $5 and the game will be cheaper enough...

The Best Buys I visited did not have them out on the shelves. You have to ask for them. They keep them in a box under the counter. So if you don't see them, ask.

The case is freakin amazing. Best pre-order bonus ever.

The trailer just posted on Facebook talks about the steelbook at the end and it has Best Buy and Gamestop also, any word when Gamestop will have these?

bread's done
Back