Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']Gamestop should be getting them today or tomorrow, one of my Gamestops has them already.[/QUOTE]

Looks like mine didn't have them in today.
just called them, i'll check back in tomorrow.

Gamestop is WAY closer to me than best buy.

Actually my gamestop gets their packages later in the day, since i'm going to the midnight I might try again.
Possible they'll have them in by then.

It's kinda funny cause I'm calling everywhere and all of the employees are clueless about the Steelbook, I wish they hired real gamers for this kind of stuff.

[quote name='Kaiser499']It's kinda funny cause I'm calling everywhere and all of the employees are clueless about the Steelbook, I wish they hired real gamers for this kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]

LOL so true, more often than not that's the case.
To many times have i asked about something and the employees don't have a clue that it started or was available.

Can't complete blame them though, sometimes corporate emails are really slow.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']LOL so true, more often than not that's the case.
To many times have i asked about something and the employees don't have a clue that it started or was available.

Can't complete blame them though, sometimes corporate emails are really slow.[/QUOTE]

I don't even keep up with Assassin's Creed stuff and I know about it.

[quote name='Kaiser499']It's kinda funny cause I'm calling everywhere and all of the employees are clueless about the Steelbook, I wish they hired real gamers for this kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]

lol the problem is that the majority of real gamers would rather be gaming than working at best buy.

Amazon is offering the Steel Book now.
If I were you i'd preorder a copy from them now, just in case you aren't able to find one.

That's one i'm doing.

Went to my BB and they had none out, asked the guy working in games, he had no clue but he went in the back to look. He came back with a whole display and set it up, just wanted to point out that the offer is only good through 3/17 and the store didnt have a ton only enough to fill the display

Interesting... does Best Buy and other b&m retailers do promos like this often where they give you a special case up front?

Would be nice if Amazon gets some nice exclusives for AC3, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless there's some really crazy awesome b&m exclusives, I'll stick to buying online like I usually do.

amazon is offering the steelbook as well.

[quote name='wolve']Interesting... does Best Buy and other b&m retailers do promos like this often where they give you a special case up front?

Would be nice if Amazon gets some nice exclusives for AC3, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless there's some really crazy awesome b&m exclusives, I'll stick to buying online like I usually do.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wolve']Interesting... does Best Buy and other b&m retailers do promos like this often where they give you a special case up front?

Would be nice if Amazon gets some nice exclusives for AC3, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless there's some really crazy awesome b&m exclusives, I'll stick to buying online like I usually do.[/QUOTE]

usually only BB does this in advance. Blu-rays usually. worth the $5 for the steelbook imo.

I went to BB, they hadn't received them yet - the guy said he'd give me a call when they get them in, but in reality, I am going to call him each day until they get in.

I'll probably order another copy as a gift or trade bait, just to get another case.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Amazon is offering the Steel Book now.
If I were you i'd preorder a copy from them now, just in case you aren't able to find one.

That's one i'm doing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I pre-ordered as well incase I have no luck at BB later.

[quote name='Kaiser499'][quote name='technicalstylez']amazon is offering the steelbook as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you don't get it until launch.[/QUOTE]

I can wait, and actually don't care much about the steelbook. I am interested to find out if and what they will include with an LE.

I just added the pre-order to my cart on BB.com and then removed the game from the cart and was able to just purchase the SteelBook for 5.00 flat w/free shipping. I really hope it goes through, if so it might be a good way to get one without having to pre-order the game.

Not for games, they steer away from up front items.

Btw my local store had a display setup for these SBs, so local store's gaming department should at least be aware of the promo. The back of the SB has a pamphlet stating the conditions and it specifically states " the $5 is for the game itself." it even states MSRP is $59.99 - $5 preorder = $54.99 at time of purchase. Of course with legal talk saying MSRP may change.

The receipt doesn't list the SB, so dont be a douche and return the preorder and keep the case. Just consider it being $5 for a SB that would otherwise retail for $20+.

BTW this steelbook is AWESOME!!! Good quality and one of the better SB art I have seen

[quote name='knightsdwn']The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.[/QUOTE]
lol, nice to know there is a fellow CAG in my area, I frequent this one and the rt17 north store. If u go to the 17n store, watch out for a fat ass customer service guy, marc I think, major, major asshole.

[quote name='technicalstylez']amazon is offering the steelbook as well.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I checked last night when I saw this thread but they didn't have anything about it then. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='knightsdwn']The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.[/QUOTE]

They officially should be giving out the preorder bonus as of today, because they updated their preorder kiosk systems last night. If you go to the preorder kiosk it will have the preorder bonus listed in there stating you will get the SB today.

Also most stores were sent out promotional signage/displays for the SBs, as such they were SUPPOSED to be set up for today. They are pushing this for the ME3 buyers, which I have to say I like. Great business concept. "Hey preorder here today and you WALK OUT with this awesome Steelbook. No waiting like Amazon. No hoping like GS. Just instant satisfaction,"

[quote name='Slight Defect']lol, nice to know there is a fellow CAG in my area, I frequent this one and the rt17 north store. If u go to the 17n store, watch out for a fat ass customer service guy, marc I think, major, major asshole.[/QUOTE]

I don't regularly frequent Jersey but I was in the neighborhood for a Sonic run ;)

I'll make sure to avoid that douche when I'm in the area again.

so I went in to my local BB today trying to get the steel book. guy I talked to said yes when I asked him if I would be getting the steelbook right now if I did the preorder. after I paid and didn't get it, I went back and asked him what's going on and he tells me I get it when I come back to pick up the game..very annoyed I just said okay and left. so now my question is, can I take my receipt to another BB that has it and get the steelbook or will I have to do another preorder cause I really want to have this now. if any fellow cag can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

btw thanks op

Thanks. Just ordered one and waiting to see if they will send confirmation without having to buy the game. Saves me a trip and I'm willing to bet I can find a better deal on the price of the game.

[quote name='Illmatic73']Here is the direct link to the steelbook at BB:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ASSASSI...CategoryId=pcmcat50300050014&id=1218558348493

I do not know if anyone has posted this but there might be someone who cannot make it Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Not too sure about ordering the steelbook by itself online from BBY. Gamestop seems to be the best way to go for those of us with a far away BBY.

Gamestop's online info:
"Store Customers: Steel Book will be available at time of reserve."

This promotion may very well lead to a new record number of canceled/abandoned pre-orders for one game. With all things considered: No CAG should pay $60 for an AC game.

[quote name='Kerig']Not too sure about ordering the steelbook by itself online from BBY. Gamestop seems to be the best way to go for those of us with a far away BBY.

Gamestop's online info:
"Store Customers: Steel Book will be available at time of reserve."

This promotion may very well lead to a new record number of canceled/abandoned pre-orders for one game. With all things considered: No CAG should pay $60 for an AC game.[/QUOTE]

Apparently this link shows the store's with the steel book.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/stor...2&utm_campaign=ac3_exclusive&cid=soc_10000001

[quote name='mrcheeses']Wow they stick a American Flag in there so more Americans would want to buy @_@[/QUOTE]

Yeah, why else would there be an American Flag on the cover of a game set in the American Revolution. :roll:

I have not read all the replies, BUT, you can get the steelbook with pre order at Amazon, Best Buy or Gamestop. Sorry if this was already said, but if you are like me and want to order it from Amazon, you can.

[quote name='mrcheeses']Wow they stick a American Flag in there so more Americans would want to buy @_@[/QUOTE]

Same logic. "Wow they stick a person on there so more people would want to buy @_@"

I am sure it's just a selling tactic and has nothing to do with the games content.

I got an update on my order from the BB website that says this:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 10/30/2012. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this order by checking your order status.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

Willing to bet they are going to hold the steel books until the actual release date then if ordered online.

I got to say it's pretty odd they left the "Rating Pending" icon on there. Everyone knows it will be rated M. Oh well, still going to get this. I wish they would have left it off completely, but hey the US is actually getting a freaking steelbook!!, so I'll stop bitching ;]

[quote name='shadow17x']I got an update on my order from the BB website that says this:

Willing to bet they are going to hold the steel books until the actual release date then if ordered online.[/QUOTE]
Got the same thing, just going to cancel that one and try other options. I'm not off until 5 today so hope I can find one.

Just pre-ordered mine from Best Buy. They did not have any steel books. Should I try Gamestop tomorrow?

[quote name='Booj']Just pre-ordered mine from Best Buy. They did not have any steel books. Should I try Gamestop tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to try today. GS made an announcement on their Facebook page:

Ignite the American Revolution in Assassin’s Creed III! Pre-order now and get a FREE collectible SteelBook(tm) case with art by award-winning comic artist Alex Ross! Quantities are limited so stop in to your local GameStop today!

bread's done
Back