Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
This is available at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon. At Best Buy and Gamestop when you pre-order a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 or 360 for $5 and you get a free G1 (DVD size) steelbook, there is no blu-ray/PS3 sized case out as of now.

At amazon if you pre-order the PS3 or 360 Assassin's Creed 3 you get the same steelbook (based on all info currently available), but it is shipped when Assassin's Creed 3 is released, which is late October.

As of now most, if not all, Gamestops should have this on the floor in some way to promote the game. Best Buy should as well, but some people are reporting that the street day for Best Buy is 3/10 and are being denied them until that day.

As per usual, at some Best Buy's and Gamestops the employees are unaware of the exact details and are denying customers these for incorrect reasons.

Here is an image of it based on what the link above is showing
gallery_30_10_219709.png

I really like the way it looks I just wish there wasn't the RP thing there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post the Best Buy link without the click redirect site crap? Those sites are blocked at my work, so I can never access links posted here... drives me crazy :bomb: :whistle2:(

[quote name='mrcheeses']Wow they stick a American Flag in there so more Americans would want to buy @_@[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being set in America all set around the American Revolution...

You're right. Just so us Americans will be more apt to buy it.

[quote name='ets']can you cancel a pre-order? and get the case for free?[/QUOTE]
This... ? does the steel book show up on the receipt?

[quote name='sublime90']i see amazon has the offer as well. i did what i said i wouldnt. pre ordered AC3[/QUOTE]

Preorder doesn't mean buying...

Actually I might get AC3 at BBY because I know within 45 days it will be $40 or less.

[quote name='k1ngster']This... ? does the steel book show up on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Stop being so frickin cheap. Accept that you are getting a great steelbook for $5.

[quote name='vherub']wow, people already putting these up on ebay[/QUOTE]

Not surprised... Hopefully they are smart enough to make sure that they state "no game with purchase"

Picked it up his morning, the gaming supervisor didn't even know they released today. And do I have a story for everyone...

I get my steelbook and go to checkout. I gently place it on the counter and the rep scans it, then asks 'oh is this one of those steelbook things' and TAPS HER FINGER ON THE FRONT OF IT. She ended up denting it twice and scratching the plastic with her nail.

[quote name='Romeo']Picked it up his morning, the gaming supervisor didn't even know they released today. And do I have a story for everyone...

I get my steelbook and go to checkout. I gently place it on the counter and the rep scans it, then asks 'oh is this one of those steelbook things' and TAPS HER FINGER ON THE FRONT OF IT. She ended up denting it twice and scratching the plastic with her nail.[/QUOTE]

Here's a trick I used to do in my action figure collecting days. If I knew I couldn't do self checkout and there were at least two of the same thing I wanted (and no security devices), I would have the person checkout the one I didn't want and then go back to the aisle before walking out and taking the one in the condition I wanted. ;)

Grabbed one in Westwood. They had the display with about 50 copies out. It's a pretty awesome steelbook, and I prefer this art to the announced cover art. Can't wait for 10/30.

[quote name='shadowkast']Thanks, full display up at my store. I see these sitting around like the cars 2 steelbooks[/QUOTE]

Nah all of these will be on eBay by tomorrow.

No one cares about Cars 2 though the AC series is immensely popular.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Can someone post the Best Buy link without the click redirect site crap? Those sites are blocked at my work, so I can never access links posted here... drives me crazy :bomb: :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
All the links are like that so CheapyD gets referel money

[quote name='KtMack23']All the links are like that so CheapyD gets referel money[/QUOTE]

And most of them insert the referral info into the link automatically, so even if someone posts it without that in there, it will show up with it.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being set in America all set around the American Revolution...

You're right. Just so us Americans will be more apt to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I totally expect this game to sell well, especially the Xbox 360 version in the U.S.A.! :lol:

Anyway, I pre-ordered at Gamestop and it still says the "RP" as in rating pending on mine if that matters to anyone.

Edit: Gamestop guy was like you can either open it or keep it sealed. I wonder if this thing will be worth keeping sealed?

The more I look at this thing, the more I want it. So bad ass looking. And hell fucking yes, the American Flag in the background absolutely makes it better. USA bitches!

Picked mine up at gamestop as well today.

Funny Story I had walked in just as they were opening the boxes for them and displaying the cases. I preorder the game and ask "So I get one of these cases right?". the rep had no clue what I was talking about and the person behind her said I don't think so these are just for display. (there was like 50+ cases common sense would dictate that's a bit much for display)

I told them gamestop.com and the facebook page said otherwise, but they just weren't sure so they didn't give me one. I didn't think much of it since I knew I was right and lo and behold 5 minutes later they call me on my phone and tell me to come get one.

They were nice during the whole process though and I didn't cause any problems myself. Everybody won. If anything I just blame myself for coming in so dang early. I have a 99% feeling I was the first to get a case.

Just got one at my local gamestop. There was a mom and kid preordering it and the cashier didn't know what was in it since their shipment just arrived. After the mom and kid left I preordered it and opened the case in front of them. I was pretty sure it was empty, and it was, but the cashier felt bad since he told the kid there might be something inside it.

Just snagged two at my Gamestop finally, I'm keeping one and I'll trade the other one for a Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steelbook if anyone's interested.

Grabbed 2 at Gamestop just now as well. Called 2 local Best Buys and spoke to 3 different people, none of which had any idea about this promotion or even that you could pre-order Assassins Creed 3.

I just came back from Bestbuy. The girl working in the Videogames department said that she was about to send the box back and did not know about the promotion.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I ended up picking up 3 at my local gamestop a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]
gonna make a fort?

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I ended up picking up 3 at my local gamestop a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

This is why the case will disappear quick, hoarding and greed.

I plan to get multiple... one from each retailer since they have unique SKUs.

[quote name='Romeo']This is why the case will disappear quick, hoarding and greed.

I plan to get multiple... one from each retailer since they have unique SKUs.[/QUOTE]
don't procrastinate they're on shelves now

[quote name='Romeo']This is why the case will disappear quick, hoarding and greed.

I plan to get multiple... one from each retailer since they have unique SKUs.[/QUOTE]
what the hell

does gamestop let people get their money back after cancelling a per-order or at least let them use that money towards other purchases that aren't pre-orders?

Just got back from my BB run (Madison, WI west side) and they had a display out with the Steelbooks. The display was already down to about 1/3. A buddy who works there said they had been moving pretty well already today.

As an aside, I also nabbed several of the @Gamer magazine coupon deals while I was there - Arkham City for $10, Bulletstorm for $5, Rage for $5, and Mass Effect 2 for $5. Had to settle for a 360 copy of ME2, the PS3 version was already sold out.

[quote name='United_Korea']does gamestop let people get their money back after cancelling a per-order or at least let them use that money towards other purchases that aren't pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure that every place has to refund your money down if you cancel a pre-order unless you specifically agree to some sort of contract with a liquidated damages notice.

FWIW, the "fine print" on the back of the Steelbook insert from Best Buy says:

NOTE: The $5.00 deposit is toward the purchase of the game. All deposit certificates MUST be redeemed at Customer Service. Deposit certificate is not redeemable past the expiration date. If not redeemed by 10/1/2012, the receipt may be refunded at Customer Service."

I got two from BB and one from GS and I plan on canceling those and sticking with an amazon pre-order. I noticed the slip for the BB and GS ones are different, so I am wondering about amazons. I figure I'll open one of the two GS cases and have three unique ones sealed.

going to do a lot of running around tomorrow.

so there are two types out - one with M and other RP? I'm guessing the case is the same for either preorder?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']going to do a lot of running around tomorrow.

so there are two types out - one with M and other RP? I'm guessing the case is the same for either preorder?[/QUOTE]

they all have RP on them

Went earlier to my local best buy to check on the ME3 pre-orders and the steelbooks are out just like the gaming manager said they would yesterday. He joked about how everybody was coming in today picking one up and that he didn't even get the chance to get the cardboard display stand up so he just stacked the few he has left by the register.

Receipt should say "pre-sell" if they did the pre-order correctly, where the $5 deposit goes towards the game, making it $54.99 when you pick it up and the steelbook being free. *Pics within spoiler tag
20u7kmp.jpg

tarbys.jpg

16lb71s.jpg

Just an FYI. For those of you planning to hold on to sealed cases, you do know there's glue/adhesive on the back side right? That cardboard on the back is (for whatever stupid reason) glued to the bottom of the case.

I can see these cases being more valuable as time goes on, but I'm sure the adhesive on the back will do more harm to the back of the case as well. I took mine off as soon as I got it and I can still see where they applied the adhesive. Don't know why they needed both the glue and the shrinkwrap, retards.

[quote name='CaseX']Just an FYI. For those of you planning to hold on to sealed cases, you do know there's glue/adhesive on the back side right? That cardboard on the back is (for whatever stupid reason) glued to the bottom of the case.

I can see these cases being more valuable as time goes on, but I'm sure the adhesive on the back will do more harm to the back of the case as well. I took mine off as soon as I got it and I can still see where they applied the adhesive. Don't know why they needed both the glue and the shrinkwrap, retards.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Sealed is always better for resale.

Just got mine from Gamestop--keeping it sealed until October rolls around. Worried about pre-ordering from Amazon as I may upgrade to CE once they announce it.

bread's done
Back