Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

[quote name='The Crotch']Okay, I've reverted the Wiki. Be careful when you guys fuck around with that stuff! Everyone, be sure to look it over - one member got deleted from the list accidentally, and the kill counts might be a bit out of date. Make sure everything's up to date on there.

EDIT: Nice work, Joliet. Now we just need to change the text on there... I'd like to see bite marks in place of the "Gamer" bit of "Cheap Ass Gamer", with "Survivors" scribbled in behind. If that ain't too much to ask.

EDIT2: Everyone, make sure you add Adam to your contacts. Have him as a different colour. Only engage him if you think you can kill him.

EDIT3: Fullmetal, MTBackus - I had to delete your revisions. Please check the Wiki to see what you need to add and be frigging careful about it.[/QUOTE]

Uhh... All I did was edit my kill count and link Adam's profile...

[quote name='Technique']Uhh... All I did was edit my kill count and link Adam's profile...[/quote]? Unless you're Fullmetal, I never said you messed thigns up...

Joliet: I think Eutychian's is the only one that's down at the moment.

Ran over to Eutychian's, secured the doors, and attacked a zombie down to 18 HP. There's only 2 inside the hospital, 9 outside, 9 outside the Auto Shop, 3 outside the Hallett.

If shit absolutely hits the fan, I'd recommend hauling ass to Caiger Mall.

~HotShotX

[quote name='The Crotch']Any corpses on the ground, HotShot?[/quote]

None inside the hospital, a few outside, including 2 CAGs.

Also, I updated the OP with a list of priorities. Read over them.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Ran over to Eutychian's, secured the doors, and attacked a zombie down to 18 HP. There's only 2 inside the hospital, 9 outside, 9 outside the Auto Shop, 3 outside the Hallett.

If shit absolutely hits the fan, I'd recommend hauling ass to Caiger Mall.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Zombie in Euty's is now down to 10HP.

Awesome. Our group is getting pretty huge. I'm gonna suggest finding a stable IRC/chatroom/messenger thing for when we carry out maneuvers and need to communicate real time. OP material, too. I forget what we used last time when CAG was broken and we scrambled into Bale Mall, but we could use that if there's nothing else.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Seems kinda boring at first, I tried to make it to the HQ area but I ran out of turns . Guess I'll get there tomorrow.

Any general tips?[/quote]

Get your ass into a building and out of sight if you don't want your ass munched on :)

Check the OP for helpful guides, info, etc.

aTOH, I second the notion of a chatroom when looking to plan organized movements. I'd choose IRC, as most ppl probably have that. We just need a server and a room.

~HotShotX

[quote name='The Crotch']? Unless you're Fullmetal, I never said you messed thigns up...

Joliet: I think Eutychian's is the only one that's down at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I'm MTBackus.

I hate dealing with IRC. I'd do it if i had to, but i wish we could find something else. Though i admit i can't think of anything else.

[quote name='JolietJake']I hate dealing with IRC. I'd do it if i had to, but i wish we could find something else. Though i admit i can't think of anything else.[/QUOTE]

I used to also, but the new look is kind of nice in my opinion.

Technique: Right, I thought so. The reason I got rid of your modifications was because they came after Fullmetal's. I later modified your kill-count after undoing FMF's damage.

Re: IRC, I do have mIRC on my main computer for some reason. Never really used it. I could see using it to coordinate stuff here, though the forums certainly have their use.

[quote name='Technique']Where should I go to wail on zombies? I'm in Euty's.[/quote]

Try looking outside. Also, if you have Free Running, get inside the Hallett Building. St. Euty's has fallen a few times recently, so it's not wise to spend the night there.

~HotShotX

Barricading.

EDIT: And if we have any scientists in our group, I'd like you guys to learn to revive zombies as soon as humanly possible.

[quote name='The Crotch']Barricading.

EDIT: And if we have any scientists in our group, I'd like you guys to learn to revive zombies as soon as humanly possible.[/QUOTE]

Picked up Barricading. Sleeping in Hallet now.

Good. Any time a building is breached by zombies, barricading should be priority the first. Any healing, killing, and dumping should only be done once barricades have been erected.

you guys have got me interested, i'm going to have to start playing this.

i've got an irc server if you guys want to use it. it'd be about 99% private, the only people who go there are my friends and myself, and i could try to keep them out of your hair.

server is irc.tetrametrics.com

i've also got a java room available at http://www.tetrametrics.com/javachat.htm

you could join and create CAS and CAC rooms or whatever. until i hear you do or don't want to i'll enter and idle in #UrbanDead

and i guess i should say it just so people know. once connected type /join #urbandead to get into the actual room. type /nick desiredname to change your name.

[quote name='The Crotch']Barricading.

EDIT: And if we have any scientists in our group, I'd like you guys to learn to revive zombies as soon as humanly possible.[/quote]

I'm a Level 2 doctor (only have Free Running and Diagnosis), and I wouldn't mind picking up the NecroTech Employment and Lab Experience as my next two skills. I have 112 XP right now, so I should be able to get both by the end of the day.

[quote name='IvanHood']I'm a Level 2 doctor (only have Free Running and Diagnosis), and I wouldn't mind picking up the NecroTech Employment and Lab Experience as my next two skills. I have 112 XP right now, so I should be able to get both by the end of the day.[/quote]

Sounds good, Darvall has 2 NecroTech facilities in the area, so having a few CAGs with access to it would be a good idea.

~HotShotX

I've got Diagnosis, Freerunning, and Basic Firearms. I'm about 1/3 leveled up, it won't take long since I've been getting FAKs very often and since there are tons of zombies in the area healing has been a great source of XP.

I was thinking Hand-to-Hand combat next, or perhaps I should grab a speciality skill like NecroTech Employment? At least that way I'm on my way to being able to revive.

[quote name='The Crotch']Technique: Right, I thought so. The reason I got rid of your modifications was because they came after Fullmetal's. I later modified your kill-count after undoing FMF's damage.

Re: IRC, I do have mIRC on my main computer for some reason. Never really used it. I could see using it to coordinate stuff here, though the forums certainly have their use.[/quote]

I did damage? All I did was add my name to the list. If that did any damage then I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional.

• wajda- said "The zombies here could use a revive, if anybody can help them out. At very least, try not to kill them...too much." (13 hours and 31 minutes ago)
  • zack runningham+ said "look alive people, theres 2 zombies in here, 4 outside, and 15 next door!" (12 hours and 44 minutes ago)
  • zack runningham+ shot you with a pistol for 5 damage. (12 hours and 44 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. (12 hours and 43 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 43 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 43 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 43 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 43 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 43 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 42 minutes ago) ...and again. (12 hours and 42 minutes ago)
  • You took a Headshot from zack runningham+ the Zombie Hunter! You will need to spend an extra 5AP to stand up. (12 hours and 42 minutes ago)
Dumb fuck.

I just killed 2 zombies (if anyone updates recently, bring my tally to 3 if you can, thanks)...

I'm down to 32HP though in the Hallet so if anyone wants to heal me 18 for a nice number of XP, go right ahead.

St. Euty's is ruined and now i can't free run/ find any FAKs there. Somebody needs to repair the building, dump the body outside, then barriacde.

[quote name='JolietJake']St. Euty's is ruined and now i can't free run/ find any FAKs there. Somebody needs to repair the building, dump the body outside, then barriacde.[/QUOTE]

There's 3 zombies in there. They're going to have to leave before anyone can repair.

[quote name='Technique']There's 3 zombies in there. They're going to have to leave before anyone can repair.[/quote]Yeah i just saw that on a return trip, got a couple of hits off one before leaving.

So, are we gonna take Euty/Hallett back tonight? Now that we have a sort of dedicated chat thing (Thanks, TBroo!), it should be easy to coordinate it. I have enough ammo to kill a couple, and should have enough AP to use it =/

Okay, what's the status of everything at Saint's Row? I take it Eutychian's is still a zambah building. Did the Hallet survive the night?[quote name='fullmetalfan720']I did damage? All I did was add my name to the list. If that did any damage then I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional.[/quote]Not really sure how it happened, but the "members" table got moved into the "enemies" table. Don't worry about it, it was a quick fix.

EDIT: And I think I'll have a chat with Zack there, if he's still around when I get back.

TC: Eutys' is still down, Matheos' is down, Pius' is up for the time being. All 3 have zeds outside. Also down is the Rippon Building, which is to the right of St. Pius's. Hallet is still fine and EHB with a few zombies outside, but those zeds seem to be going in a line, so it seems like only a matter of time before they attempt an attack.

When I spoke to everyone, I don't remember seeing that Zack guy there, and he was gone a few minutes after he killed Geno, so I think it was just a case of him running in, seeing zombies, thinking we're idiots for having them inside out extremely heavily barricaded building, attacking, and getting the hell out. But, you can never tell here. ;)

Alright. I see the Hallet's still in good shape. Did it take any damage last night?

Also, Zack's right beside the Hallet. I yelled at him for killing Mrh Cows, though you're right - he might not have known.

[quote name='The Crotch']Alright. I see the Hallet's still in good shape. Did it take any damage last night?

Also, Zack's right beside the Hallet. I yelled at him for killing Mrh Cows, though you're right - he might not have known.[/QUOTE]

Can I attack him? *Grin*

I have a syringe, but I'm out of AP. It'll take me a few hours to be able to revive you.

EDIT: He's with the fire department, so attacking our little cow-tipping friend probably isn't a good idea. Well, unless he reacts poorly. We'll see.

I'm up in Darvall Heights, but I don't have Free Run yet and some dummy has overbarricaded Hallett so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll have to hope that the hospital is safe, and that you guys can revive me if need be. :)

Actually, the Hallet is supposed to be heavily barricaded. Zombies about, and all.

Make sure you move imdwalrus the hell away from here. The game weakens your character if you have two accounts in close proximity.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'm up in Darvall Heights, but I don't have Free Run yet and some dummy has overbarricaded Hallett so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll have to hope that the hospital is safe, and that you guys can revive me if need be. :)[/quote]

try lance towers. im there now and the place is only quite strongly barricaded. check that its heavily barricaded now the people in there with me upped the barricadde while i was gone.

bread's done
Back