Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Not really. We've got some police in our group, I think. It'll just take you a bit longer to get going.

Or you could just restart. I recommend Lab Assistant. Useless in a fight to start with, but EXP growth is steady and they can learn to revive before any other class in the game.

Alright. Set "Cheap Ass Survivors" as your group and don't sleep in Ridleybank. Check the Wiki for designated "entry points", though you should keep in mind that things may be a little different when you get there. Stay out of buildings with deep red text on the front. The highest barricaded building you can enter is "Very Strong" - anything Heavy or above blocks you.

As for combat? You don't actually fight. You just walk into a horde of zombies and extract their DNA. When you learn to revive, this will actually be useful, as it lets you avoid "rotters" who would have you waste your syringe and target allies.

EDIT: Dammit, the Wiki's down. I'll add you at a more reasonable hour.

I got up early this morning at around 4:30 and decided to check, I guess I missed all the action. Hallet was VSB when I checked, so I used up my AP to get it back up to VSB. I don't remember seeing any deaths when I logged in, nobody died in the Hallet last night, right?

Crotch, a question about barricading: Is it based off percentages or something else? For instance, it took me a bunch of AP to get the 'cades back up at the Hallet, sometimes it would say something like "You found a soda machine, but couldn't find a place to put it." Sometimes, it'd say something like "You used a wooden plank to barricade the door" but the barricade level didn't go up. So, is it based on percentages, like searches or attack accuracy, or is there a set number of times you need to click to make it go up a level, like HP?

Damn... finally got killed. My first death. :cry:

I was holed up in Pius and the barricades didn't hold up, looks like eleven of survivors died in there last night.

I'm at Salopia Row waiting for a revive, I put a request in so hopefully it won't take long.

shit, wasn't paying attention and I passed outside of The Strothert Building

shit, got this which is something I haven't done

Warning: You only have 8 moves left today.

In order to keep the server running smoothly and to prevent multi-character abuse, players are only allowed to hit the Urban Dead site 160 times from a single machine (or IP address), per day. Either:whistle2:

* you've used your limit up yourself,
* you're sharing a computer or a network with someone who's used up the IP address's limit, or
* you're using an ISP (such as AOL) that reuses a very small range of IP addresses.

See the FAQ for a fuller explanation of this, and some workarounds if it's your ISP's problem.

These HOW bastards need a beating. If we can't do it alone we should see if any neighboring groups want to launch a concentrated attack.

im almost at 50 ap and im at the lance towers. if any of you are in the area and need help lemme know before i go out to get exp. i can help out fixing buildings and rebarricading them right now the lance towers is only very strongly barricaded.

Okay, looks like most of us survived the night. Pius' didn't, but at least the Hallet is still okay. Still 30 zombies in the general area of Eutychian's, and probably more on the ground. Gothic, I went out to revive you, but you were on the ground. Fart Bubble, you're right near us. As soon as you can, get in to Lascelles Library. I'll see if the CDF is planning on doing an attack on Eutychian's tonight and when.

I'm dead on Doon Avenue, now I get to wait for my ap to rise so I can stand up and try to find somewhere to revive myself

ah fuck, guess I'm done with the game till midnight

Is Hallet being abandoned in favor of Freeman Towers?

I went to check out Euty's and there were 2 zombies inside and one dead body. Doors were wide open. I tossed the body and closed the doors but got attacked by one of the zeds and got infected. I escaped back to Hallet and could use a heal if only to cure the infection.

I don't think we're abandoning the Hallet... yet. With these guys zerging, things get a hell of a lot trickier than I thought they were. I... don't really know what we're doing for now.

You started a character? That guy's level 37...

What's happening? We're holed up in the Hallet Building (an unimportant office building) on the north-west corner of a place called "Saint's Row". The place is under siege by a group of zerging zombies (an awesome couple of words to include in a tongue-twister, by the way) called the "House of Wax". We've been getting help mostly from the Crossman Defence Force, with a bit of the local fire department, MCDU, etc.

Oh i didn't say I just started him. I finished 'leveling up' months ago. The only reason I'm still so low is I don't go out hunting much. I'm over in Foulkes. Born there ya know. Founded Foulkes Village Heroes. Little known fact about us. I didn't realize i have Heros spelled wrong until someone actually put it in their group.

Quick update on St. Matheos's: I was hunting for FAKs in there throughout the day, and a zed just brought down the barricades and took me down to 8 HP. I barely had enough AP to head next door to the Rippon Building. On a side note, I am two FAKs away from being able to revive, and I already have one syringe.

You have a % chance of finding something every time you search. Different depending on the object and the building.

Matheos' has two zombies in it, no humans. Light barricades.

Yo, Crotch, have you heard any word from the CDF or whoever else might be interested in pummeling the HoW? I'm almost at 50 AP, and don't want to overload.

Also people, we have a (temporary?) IRC room up if you guys want to idle/chat in it--

EDIT: WE DO??!??!?!

i closed the doors on matheos. theres 2 zombies inside and a few outside. when i get my ap up ill go in with free running and kill them off and rebuild the place.

[quote name='The Crotch']If we were to do an attack soon, I'd be able to get in. Doesn't look like the CDF is planning anything tonight.[/quote]

Crotch, you up for giving them hell? Meet me in the IRC chat. Anyone up for tagging along, meet there.

~HotShotX

[quote name='The Crotch']I don't have IRC on this computer. You'll have to run things.[/quote]

Try using the IRC links above, or download mIRC.

~HotShotX

Damn, man, java takes even longer to DL than mIRC. I'm on dial-up, remember.

I'll get mIRC.

EDIT: fuck that noise. You guys use the chat. I'll stick with this bullshit.

Hmm. I just thought of something. This will be irrelevant unless someone has a toolbox.

Does anyone have a toolbox?

EDIT: And construction... fuck. I dropped my toolbox the other day so I could carry more not-toolboxes.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hmm. I just thought of something. This will be irrelevant unless someone has a toolbox.

Does anyone have a toolbox?

EDIT: And construction... fuck. I dropped my toolbox the other day so I could carry more not-toolboxes.[/quote]

Crotch, just come join the chat, I'll PM you our current plans, do not post them in the thread.

~HotShotX

Update (1/22): Good work tonight guys, the 9 of us split into two teams (6 Support, 3 Attack), and performed the following:
Support: Pius > Refuel Generator > Find FAKs > Retreat/Heal
Attack: Eutychian > Clear Zed Inside > Dump Bodies/Shut Doors > Retreat

Final Results:
Support: 22 FAKs Found / 20 Used (100 XP Gained)
Attack: 1 Zed (50hp->1hp, not a confirmed kill), 1 Zed killed (119 XP Gained)

Next IRC Meeting: 10pm EST

~HotShotX

[quote name='The Crotch']Note: There was one zombie sitting inside Eutychian's when I came on clean-up with 15 HP and a flak jacket. He has been removed.[/QUOTE]

Good, let's try to keep Euty's clear for tomorrow so we can repair and barricade.

bread's done
Back