Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

The Hallet's barricades are only at "heavy", guys. Someone get those 'cades up. I'm heading back to Freeman for the night. Good luck, everyone.

EDIT: The IRC meeting time is the exact same as the Church of the Resurrection's designated attack time. Multi-tasking time indeed.

[quote name='Technique']Good, let's try to keep Euty's clear for tomorrow so we can repair and barricade.[/quote]

We've got a lot of clearing to do before repairing and barricading Saint's Row becomes a priority. There's still about 20-25 Zombies outside, and I believe that if no one really needs healing tomorrow night, it'll be good hunting for everyone.

~HotShotX

Keep in mind that they have the habit of standing back up again once cleared out. You only stop a horde by convincing them that they're not gonna make any gains. That means no dying, and no losing buildings. Just killing doesn't work - kill, repair, rebuild, all at once.

Little help, Wolfkin?

According to the Sacred Ground Policy, all cemetaries are treated as revive points. However, not everyone (see: my zombie group) respects that policy. The CDF said that the revive point at Nurten is back up, though. Try that.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Coincidentally, BK Tawa is chillin' with me in Pius.[/QUOTE]

if he is there tell him thank you from necro rump

Not good.
* A zombie brought down the last of the barricades. (54 minutes ago)

-insert long string of attacks against me

* X began to rebuild the barricades, using a vending machine. (32 minutes ago)

You are inside the Hallett Building. The building has been heavily barricaded.

There are only two zeds outside, so we're not in any danger yet. Euty's is at the same level with two zeds outside as well. Seems like things are calm in the immediate area, the horde must be near the other hospitals.

Just got to Hallet.

9 Zed outside St. Euty's, 1 was active.
2 Outside Hallet.

Shut the doors on St. Euty's, leaving 1 Zed inside @ 22HP

Out of AP for now.

OK, I finally have Lab Experience and I am currently in Hallett with two revivification syringes. I'm going to wait here and stock AP, so just send me a PM if you need a revive.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Not good.
* A zombie brought down the last of the barricades. (54 minutes ago)

-insert long string of attacks against me

* X began to rebuild the barricades, using a vending machine. (32 minutes ago)[/quote]

Did you survive the attack? I was worried that getting the generator up and running in Pius would draw attention. It's too bad you can't take them back down once you are finished.

Some changes to the game:

"23rd January 2008

* The dead are learning the priorities of beseiged survivors, and are keeping near the doorways once inside a safehouse. While zombies are inside a building, they will lurchingly attempt to block anyone dragging barricade materials to its entrance.
* Survivors should watch their step when free running across the icy rubble of the city - falling from a ruined building now carries a risk of injury.
* In the thin, cold air, the drifting miasma of rot and decay grows sharper and clearer. Zombies taking the deep breath of scent death are now given a visual representation of the surrounding city. "

I went out of town trying to find a nice place to stock up on some KATN items and ended up playing around with the page a little. One thing I found goofy...

When I click the "FAK to.....XYZABC person" it gives a drop down list of names, some of which are bold. Does this mean that those people are not at full health? Does it mean their on your contacts list? Anyone know?

Also, I updated my survivors info a bit. I figured it'll make some laugh, if they get it. I'll be back from Quarlesbank within a day or two. Until then, survive on.

Did someone repair Euty's? It looks like it isn't grayed out anymore. I don't want to spend the AP to go out and look since I am gonna stockpile for tonight's activities.

Adam Carolla sighting in Freeman Towers!

Edit: Looks like he just killed Crotch and ran away after he noticed I was hacking at him.

SHUTTLEBANK at FABIAN GENERAL HOSPITAL.

Shuttlebank is the NE bordering city of Darvall Heights. FGH is close to the center of Shuttlebank. It will take you roughly 12ap to get there from Hallet.

(Info has been deleted as per the CAS Ninja-Stealth Policy)

rywateska: Good work, we'll take care of it tonight if necessary. Meeting in the IRC chat at 10pm EST. In the meantime, I need a rez inside Hallett. Rywata, I'm going to need a proper update on Adam's status at the meeting, please be there.

crystalklear: Good effort, but don't waste the AP unless you've got a weapon and BOTH accuracy increasing skills for that weapon. We've got all the time in the world to make his life hell. For now, focus on levelling up and making yourself more destructive.

From now on, do not talk about him about him in the forums, in case he watches us. All relevant chatter will take place in the nightly meetings. If you want in, you will be there tonight at 10pm EST.

Also, the Hallett barricades are now VSB, build them back up.

~HotShotX

Arthur, please delete your post so that the information about said identity can be hidden. It's a part of the CAS NSP.

FGH is heavily barricaded. Also, someone has called out "Donkey" for his actions. He may leave after reading so.

[quote name='rywateska']Arthur, please delete your post so that the information about said identity can be hidden. It's a part of the CAS NSP.

FGH is heavily barricaded. Also, someone has called out "Donkey" for his actions. He may leave after reading so.[/quote]

Done - and thanks for the info.

Woke up to find a zombie sitting beside me in the towers. Started to attack then I read what I had missed overnight and saw it was Timur.... :cry:

EDIT: Just caught up reading all that's went on since I last was on. Damn I always miss all the fun. I'm always at work at night while yall are active and i'm sure not every who plays can make that 10pm est. If we aint talking about stuff in this thread I wonder if it's possible to idle in that chat thing so those who can't be around can still keep up with the rest of the group.

Spent the day weakening random zombies and stocking up on pistol clips, i've got 55% accuracy so yea i'm ready to play tomorrow. :D

Has anyone read the game changes?

23rd January 2008

• The dead are learning the priorities of besieged survivors, and are keeping near the doorways once inside a safehouse. While zombies are inside a building, they will lurchingly attempt to block anyone dragging barricade materials to its entrance, with variable success.
  • Survivors should watch their step when free running across the icy rubble of the city - falling from a ruined building now carries a risk of injury.
  • In the thin, cold air, the drifting miasma of rot and decay grows sharper and clearer. Zombies taking the deep breath of scent death are now given a visual representation of the surrounding city.

[quote name='$hady']Woke up to find a zombie sitting beside me in the towers. Started to attack then I read what I had missed overnight and saw it was Timur.... :cry:

EDIT: Just caught up reading all that's went on since I last was on. Damn I always miss all the fun. I'm always at work at night while yall are active and i'm sure not every who plays can make that 10pm est. If we aint talking about stuff in this thread I wonder if it's possible to idle in that chat thing so those who can't be around can still keep up with the rest of the group.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, feel free to idle in the room. Tyler (TBroo) is always idling there, and I'm usually idling from awake time to sleep time.

It's about time because being a zombie sucks. You can't really do anything unless you act in a pack or find some sucker sleeping outside.

[quote name='rywateska']SHAQ FU!

SHAQ FU is the NINJA PLEASE!. SHAQ FU is close to the center of WOMBAT'S HERE FOR THE CHILDREN. It will take you roughly NINETY ASTRONOMICAL UNITS to get there from Hallet.

(Info has been deleted "properly this time" as per the CAS Ninja-Stealth Policy)[/quote]
Guys, don't even state the location. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. We'll leave the discussion to the chat room only. So, if you want in on it, show up.

Aside from that, good name for the policy, I like it.

• Steve the Medic shot you with a shotgun for 10 damage. (2 hours and 47 minutes ago) ...and again.
  • Steve the Medic shot you with a pistol for 5 damage. (2 hours and 45 minutes ago)
Looks like Steve came in, saw me as a zombie, and shot me. I needs a Rez!

~HotShotX

Hallet is still VSB so we need someone to barricade it up further. Also, I noticed a generator was set up but do we need it? It has no benefit that I know of in a regular building and if it is fueled, it will just tip off zeds that survivors are holed up inside.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Hallet is still VSB so we need someone to barricade it up further. Also, I noticed a generator was set up but do we need it? It has no benefit that I know of in a regular building and if it is fueled, it will just tip off zeds that survivors are holed up inside.[/quote]

Exactly, do not fuel the generator.

~HotShotX

• Shady DeVille said "Whoa what the hell! Nobody kill the zombie he's friendly." (2 hours and 43 minutes ago)
  • JerichoHill killed a zombie. (2 hours and 8 minutes ago)
I think we should get somebody to graffiti up any buildings we occupy to let people know that if our buildings are EHB, full of active players and have a zombie or two inside, then they're clearly friendly. Just saying it doesn't seem to cut it, since people keep running in after the fact and killing CAS members (again). Maybe a good idea?

I'm idling in the chat and will definitely be around tonight, no matter what. I'm at 37 AP right now, so I'm prepared for anything.

[quote name='modium']
  • Shady DeVille said "Whoa what the hell! Nobody kill the zombie he's friendly." (2 hours and 43 minutes ago)
  • JerichoHill killed a zombie. (2 hours and 8 minutes ago)
I think we should get somebody to graffiti up any buildings we occupy to let people know that if our buildings are EHB, full of active players and have a zombie or two inside, then they're clearly friendly. Just saying it doesn't seem to cut it, since people keep running in after the fact and killing CAS members (again). Maybe a good idea?

I'm idling in the chat and will definitely be around tonight, no matter what. I'm at 37 AP right now, so I'm prepared for anything.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this guy (JerichoHill). His profile says he's a part of the House of Wax Asshats. Good? Bad?

[quote name='aTOH']I was wondering about this guy (JerichoHill). His profile says he's a part of the House of Wax Asshats. Good? Bad?[/quote]Huh, I definitely didn't notice that. I'd assume it's bad, but isn't the House of Wax a zombie group? Besides, this guy's just sitting there in the same building with us, for hours. He could be lulling us into a false sense of security, albiet kinda poorly...

Don't mind me, I had a zombie dream last night. :cry:

[quote name='modium']I think we should get somebody to graffiti up any buildings we occupy to let people know that if our buildings are EHB, full of active players and have a zombie or two inside, then they're clearly friendly. Just saying it doesn't seem to cut it, since people keep running in after the fact and killing CAS members (again). Maybe a good idea?[/quote]

Agreed, if anyone has a spray can, please paint the following inside Hallett:

"CAS HQ: Cades EHB, Don't kill Z unless cades gone"

~HotShotX

Don't kill Z unless cades low. There are times when a person - especially me - will put barricades up to stop more zombies from entering when I don't have the AP to clear a building.

[quote name='The Crotch']Don't kill Z unless cades low. There are times when a person - especially me - will put barricades up to stop more zombies from entering when I don't have the AP to clear a building.[/quote]

Agreed, if anyone has a spray can, please paint the following inside Hallett:

"CAS HQ: Cades EHB, Don't kill Z unless cades low."

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Agreed, if anyone has a spray can, please paint the following inside Hallett:

"CAS HQ: Cades EHB, Don't kill Z unless cades low."

~HotShotX
[/QUOTE]

Done.

bread's done
Back