Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

I'm an idiot, could someone PM me instructions on how to get to the chat? I had just been clicking on the links in the thread before.

Edit: I have mIRC, I just need to know the server.

[quote name='IvanHood']I'm an idiot, could someone PM me instructions on how to get to the chat? I had just been clicking on the links in the thread before.

Edit: I have mIRC, I just need to know the server.[/quote]

irc.sixstiches.com
#urbandead

Aside from that, good work tonight everyone. We cleared out a lot of the surrounding areas, and it seems the zombies are congregating at other locales (such as the Crossman PD). It looks like we will have to travel a bit tomorrow night for hunting.

~HotShotX

I'll start saving my AP until night, I usually use it sometime in the afternoon and then I forget about the IRC chat.

Fear not, for I would like to participate!

[quote name='Mike23']I'm gonna bring my zombie self to the Hallett. Can anyone revive? Crotchy?[/quote]
If you're still a zombie, I can revive you at the Hallett.

I can't make tonight's meeting but I am checking out the neighborhood right now. 22 21 zeds outside Pius but it seems to be holding up. Euty's is sitting at VSB.

Also racked up a second zombie kill. Woo! Gained 35 XP tonight with the kill and some good rolls with the fireaxe. Getting the melee upgrade just made this game a helluva lot more fun.

I also got clawed for 3 damage so someone can earn 5 XP healing me, I'm back in Hallet, AP completely spent.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've got 89XP, should I buy a skill or should I just hold off (I'm a scientist)?[/quote]

There's really no reason to "save EXP" in this game, get skills as soon as you can.

Start with Free Running, as you'll need that to enter heavily barricaded buildings. Then Hand to Hand combat, then Axe Proficiency.

~HotShotX

I can't be the only one here who plays as a zombie...

... can I?

[quote name='Brak']I can't be the only one here who plays as a zombie...

... can I?[/quote]

Nope, ColdShotX tends to wander around West Boundwood/East Boundwood. We do need to organize the undead ranks into a particular area. I recommend the East Boundwood area, I just don't know where yet.

~HotShotX

I'm in an area where there's - at least - 200 zombies.

I forgot where, though.

[quote name='Brak']I'm in an area where there's - at least - 200 zombies.

I forgot where, though.[/quote]

We'd probably want an area with less zombies and more survivors. East Boundwood has a ton of survivors in heavily barricaded buildings, and little to no zombies.

Depending on our numbers, we could start on the lesser barricaded end of EB, and move in.

~HotShotX

HotShot: Remember, Fart's a scientist - combat skills take extra EXP. That would be a reason to hold off. Regardless, free running is probably the first thing you should get.

[quote name='Brak']I can't be the only one here who plays as a zombie...

... can I?[/quote]If you're desperate for company, come help out my zombie clan. We're fighting a group of Warhammer nerds in some cathedral. It's gone badly ever since they called in another group of humans to help - pretty pussy behaviour, seeing as how they already outnumbered us.

Don't think I'll be able to make it again tonight so I went ahead and burned 30 or so AP, killed a zombie outside Euty's and leveled up. I'm gonna grab diagnosis so I can hopefully use these FAKs I have and level up again soon.

Got free running.. seems like a waste since I could have gotten 2 other skills for the same price, but whatev. Now I can enter more buildings... hooray

I don't know if I'm just having a run of bad luck, but I'm having a much harder time finding anything at the gun store than at Crossman PD, even with bargain hunting. Maybe I should try the SW corner..

[quote name='The Crotch']Is there a generator running? That's very important to the search.[/quote]

Generator is running, I'm having awesome luck. I currently have:

4 Pistols, each loaded with (6,4,6,4) bullets
2 Shotguns, each loaded with (2,2) shells
1 Pistol Clip (6 bullets)
11 Shotgun Shells

and I'm only at 80% encumberance.

~HotShotX

God dammit, man. That's great.

I generally hold a large number of loaded shotguns and no spare shells for them, plus a few loaded handguns and a spare clip for each. Shells just have too high of encumbrance.

Not that you should drop yours. 11 shells is great.

[quote name='JolietJake']So whats on for tonight? Saint's Row seems pretty clear now.[/quote]

Pius had 21 zombies there last night, and we cleared only about 5. What's its status now?

~HotShotX

Yeah, There's still that PD out east that HotShot was talking about. We'll send someone to scout later on.

Not it.

EDIT: Lascelles is down? Well, that's one place to go, then.

bread's done
Back