Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Hey Grey, haven't seen you in a while. When you get revived, come over and meet us in Darvall Heights. And can you link me to your character's profile?

[quote name='JolietJake']I need major healing in the hallet if anyone wants the EXP.[/quote]

I healed you the rest of the way up, JJ. Tried to heal you ck64, but you were already full.

11 XP from Construction and then it is back to getting Military skills.

still zombied, and i got re-killed by someone, so lost half my ap pretty much..gar..im hanging around Rathbone Cinema if anyone wants to try and revive..if not.its cool, ill keep lumbering around :)

For those who weren't around last night - we decided to make a move to the Caiger Mall, as the Saints' Row seemed a little calm. We could always go back there if you guys wish, or I/we could start looking for new targets.

I've been getting transmissions from the radio inside the wagner building. Some folks were asking for help. I can keep an eye on it and see where help may be needed.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've got 103 xp points, any suggestions on what the next skill should be (all I've got is free running and I'm a scientist)?[/quote]

depends on how you go about getting exp. im a fireman so i went with hand to hand combat to up my ability to get exp from axe attacks. i also just got necro tech status and im working towards the lab tech upgrade so i can make syringes and use them to get exp. construction is a good one to have too since you could be in a situation where you need to rebarricade something. id suggest looking through the skills list and seeing what works best for you.

Arg, playing this late at night recently and accidentally PK'd 2 people already. Of course I apologized and said they can PK me back whenever they feel like it, but I don't know if they can hear it.

I need the info on how to get into the chat if thats how were doin it from here on out.

Also, I've been chillin at the malls so let me know when/where the next strike is happening and I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

I'm currently stocking up on ammo to load my 5 shotguns and 8 pistols. I'm also thinking of bringing a radio transmitter back with me from the mall. Not that we'll use it to talk with ourselves, or a branch office if we expand, but we can listen in on the Caiger Mall frequency or any other point of interest.

I'm also thinking planting a generator in Hallett will draw some attention to us, and make things a bit more interesting.

In addition, what's the current interest in getting Cheap Ass Corpses up and running? I'm going to make a new thread in the Lifestyle & Off-Topic forum to discuss this.

~HotShotX

Finally found a radio transmitter. I'm now stocking AP, and will be returning tonight with the following:

5 Shotguns (2,2,2,2,1)
9 Pistols (6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,4)
3 Pistol Clips
1 Radio Transmitter (cha-ching)

Someone mind stocking a generator and some fuel in the meantime?

~HotShotX

[quote name='The Crotch']Dammit. Modium, log on now - the bank got busted into last night, and you're sitting out on the street with 10 HP.[/quote]I'm dead now. :oops:

10 zombies outside Matheos - Matheos Ruined
6 zombies outside Pius - Pius cades down
5 zombies inside Pius with 7 survivors.

Lots of wounded players inside the hospitals, about 8-9 total. Only one of ours is John Ingram.

~HotShotX

arrgggh. I didn't realize there was a CAG clan for Urban Dead.

Sob, I'm dead and Im in a middle of nowhere. I might make a new char.

Holy shit - I've finally got free run. :shock:

In the hospital right now (the one that starts with an "E"), and I could really, really use a heal. :D

Hey all, I've been checking out Urban Dead all night long on the Wiki and am considering giving it a go. I have zero exp. in MMO's despite some of my best friends efforts and my own love of traditional RPG's. This one seems cool due to its low-tech, underground flavor.

Understanding my lack of experience and general unfamiliarity with the system, do you think that this is something that I would enjoy? How much dedication (time-wise) is needed to be a part of this game? As a rookie, which character classes are beginner friendly?

Sorry for all the questions, based on CAS UD Wiki page and the previous posts here I thought this would be a perfect time and place for honest, helpful opinions. I'll check back on this thread and thanks in advance for any response(s).

I'd start with a Fireman, and you only need to dedicate maybe like 5 or 10 minutes a day as you're restricted by AP (Action Points) which you can only accumulate a maximum of 50 of and you regenerate 1 AP every 30 minutes. So it's best just to play once in a day.

All: Matheos' got ransacked last night. I used what little AP I had to take a few swings at the lone zombie inside, but he is still at 44 HP. Don't know if we want to wait and retake it tonight, or see if someone can finish him off now.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Holy shit - I've finally got free run. :shock:

In the hospital right now (the one that starts with an "E"), and I could really, really use a heal. :D[/quote]

Healed you up Gothic.

[quote name='IvanHood']All: Matheos' got ransacked last night. I used what little AP I had to take a few swings at the lone zombie inside, but he is still at 44 HP. Don't know if we want to wait and retake it tonight, or see if someone can finish him off now.[/quote]

Just ventured out. Looks like we have 17 zeds outside Pius (VSB) and 5 zeds outside of Matheos which as Ivan said, is ruined. I think we'll have some work to do tonight. Pius is probably going to be ruined sometime today so I would move to Hallet or Euty's if anyone is currently in there.

Damn, I was in Pius healing some people up and then had to leave so while I was gone they brought down the barricades and killed me.

I had a bunch of AP to use, damnit. :cry:

Edit: Wow, got revived in like 25 minutes. The DEM Revive Request thing works quite well, quite efficient I must say.

[quote name='gareman']sorry i missed the meetup...how do I get into the CAS headquarters.[/quote]Until you get the skill "Free Running", you don't. You can only walk into buildings that are "Very Strongly Barricaded" - you need FR to get from inside those to heavier buildings. Lascelles Library and St. Pius' Hospital are your best bets. I'd stay in Lascelles, as it's less of a target.

EDIT: Chuckie? On the issue of time dedication - it really depends. I log on twice a day generally - once during our designated attack time, and once earlier to see if I'm still alive (same for my zombie character). Depending on the pace of things, I'll blow through all my AP in a couple of minutes or drag things out over a half an hour. Really, most of the time is spent on the metagaming portion - organization of attacks and such.

if any of you end up in Chudleyton club hodson last time i checked was vsb so any of you could get in it regardless of having free running or not. but be careful theres been alot of zombies about of late.

... and a lot of you guys missed it. Regardless, we managed to clear out Pius' and rebarricade it.

Thanks to every single shotgun shell HotShot was carrying.

Well at least I know you all are up and running, not that I could have done much anyway. I decided to give it a go. I am creating a character as we I type. I guess my start point will be randomly generated? If so, where should I head off to, and what should I know/do to get involved with the metagaming aspect for future endevours?

PS- I think I'll take yukine's advice and start w/ a fireman unless the group has a need for some other class, wish me luck in my first night in Malton!

[quote name='chuckie88']Well at least I know you all are up and running, not that I could have done much anyway. I decided to give it a go. I am creating a character as we I type. I guess my start point will be randomly generated? If so, where should I head off to, and what should I know/do to get involved with the metagaming aspect for future endevours?

PS- I think I'll take yukine's advice and start w/ a fireman unless the group has a need for some other class, wish me luck in my first night in Malton![/quote]

Your starting point will be random, all of us are located in Darvall Heights, check the OP for a list of resources online that'll help you get started.

~HotShotX

I started in Old Arkam in the Newmarch Sq. Fire Station, looks like I'm gonna' be hoofin' it for a bit. After poking around awhile I holed up in Rudleybank for the night, didn't really find much action but I got a sense for the game and I think I'll like it. As I'm coming up from the Southwest corner of the city I wondered if anyone had any recent experience in the zones en route to Darvell Heights, spots to avoid or checkout?

Sorry I haven't participated in the nightly meetings, guys, but NMH is taking up my nighttime gaming at the moment. But I am at #2 now so it should be over soon ;)

I hacked a zed to death outside the library and should be able to get enough XP for pistol training tomorrow.

Motherfucker, PK'ed by KingRoach while I was in Pius.
  • A zombie brought down the last of the barricades. (2 hours and 39 minutes ago)
  • daemon93 began to rebuild the barricades, using a vending machine. (2 hours and 26 minutes ago)
  • KingRoach shot you with a shotgun for 10 damage. (2 hours and 21 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again.
  • KingRoach shot you with a pistol for 5 damage. (2 hours and 21 minutes ago) ...and again.
  • You were killed by KingRoach. (2 hours and 21 minutes ago)
  • KingRoach dumped your body out onto the street. (2 hours and 20 minutes ago)

[quote name='IvanHood']Motherfucker, PK'ed by KingRoach while I was in Pius.
  • A zombie brought down the last of the barricades. (2 hours and 39 minutes ago)
  • daemon93 began to rebuild the barricades, using a vending machine. (2 hours and 26 minutes ago)
  • KingRoach shot you with a shotgun for 10 damage. (2 hours and 21 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again.
  • KingRoach shot you with a pistol for 5 damage. (2 hours and 21 minutes ago) ...and again.
  • You were killed by KingRoach. (2 hours and 21 minutes ago)
  • KingRoach dumped your body out onto the street. (2 hours and 20 minutes ago)
[/quote]

Is he still there? I'd love to take a few pistols to him.

~HotShotX

[quote name='yukine']Unfortunately, no.

I was going to go whack him with a fire axe a few times but I couldn't find him.[/quote]
Very well. KingRoach has been blacklisted. If anyone sees him, kill on sight.

~HotShotX

Remember, no matter how exciting Super Tuesday might be, we are all meeting at 10pm EST in the chat for tonight's raid.

~HotShotX

Not that I'm in close enough proximity to particapate in the daily plans yet but I would appreciate all of the chat info. for when I get up there. Please send the complete info as I'll have to download and set up any and all applications as a new user. Thanks in advance.

EDIT- Currently I have fallen in with some Thompson Mall Sec. group members in Ruddlebank but will continue making my way North to the Darvell Heights area. I hope to move 1 or 2 suburbs closer tonight. I also added my character to the CAS Wiki page, I hope that's cool.

Modifying the Wiki to keep it - especially your personal info - up to date is heavily encouraged.

Sending PM info out to pretty much everyone right now...

bread's done
Back