Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Can't make the party tonight either, but I went on a little spree on my own. There were 2 zeds outside Euty's and I managed to hit one enough to get my XP up to purchase Axe Proficiency. Used that new skill to take kill the zed. Racked up about 40 XP on that little trip.

I still have around 7 FAKs if anyone needs healing after tonight's activities.

Euty's has been broken into. 3 Zeds and one human inside.

EDIT: I killed two. One's left. Barricades are light. I won't be able to help in the raid tonight or tomorrow.

Done Searching, here's my final count:

5 Pistols (6,4,6,4,6)
4 Shotguns (2,2,2,2)
6 Pistol Clips
8 Shotgun Shells

62 Pistol Rounds (Potentially 310 Damage)
16 Shotgun Shells (Potentially 160 Damage)
100% Encumbered

~HotShotX

Did a little early exploring this morning. 5 zeds outside of Euty's (got one down to around 35 HP). Euty's is sitting at Lightly Barricaded. Around 22 zeds outside Pius which is ruined.

lol, looks like ColdShotX took a beating this morning:

• Mama's Daughter punched you for 1 damage. (2 hours and 9 minutes ago) ...and again. (2 hours and 8 minutes ago)
  • LOU RUCKUS fired a flare gun at you for 15 damage. (2 hours and 6 minutes ago)
  • LOU RUCKUS stabbed you with a knife for 2 damage. (2 hours and 6 minutes ago) ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again. ...and again.
  • Mama's Daughter punched you for 1 damage. (2 hours and 6 minutes ago)
  • LOU RUCKUS stabbed you with a knife for 2 damage. (2 hours and 6 minutes ago) ...and again. (2 hours and 5 minutes ago) ...and again. (2 hours and 5 minutes ago)
  • Mama's Daughter punched you for 1 damage. (2 hours and 5 minutes ago) ...and again.
  • LOU RUCKUS stabbed you with a knife for 2 damage. (2 hours and 5 minutes ago) ...and again.
  • You heard a loud and distant groaning 1 block to the east and 4 blocks to the south. (1 hour and 34 minutes ago)
  • Terry Dailey fired a flare gun at you for 15 damage. (21 minutes ago)
  • You took a Headshot from Terry Dailey the Zombie Hunter! You will need to spend an extra 5AP to stand up. (21 minutes ago)
Aside from that, HotShotX is back in the Hallett. I'm stocking AP for tonight.

~HotShotX

have any of you ever tried setting traps for zombies? maybe set up a generator in a building ( since they say when you cut on a generator they can see that building as lit up) then have the place as heavily barricaded as possible. you leave the building with the generator lit up so that way a bunch of them come in to attack the barricades wasting ap and then when theyre stuck there with no way to attack back you come in and do some damage to whoever is there? just an idea.

[quote name='lokizz']have any of you ever tried setting traps for zombies? maybe set up a generator in a building ( since they say when you cut on a generator they can see that building as lit up) then have the place as heavily barricaded as possible. you leave the building with the generator lit up so that way a bunch of them come in to attack the barricades wasting ap and then when theyre stuck there with no way to attack back you come in and do some damage to whoever is there? just an idea.[/quote]

Certainly possible. On most nights we attack we tend to come out unscathed, since the zed aren't online. But setting a trap/barricading zombies inside a building would be humourous.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Certainly possible. On most nights we attack we tend to come out unscathed, since the zed aren't online. But setting a trap/barricading zombies inside a building would be humourous.

~HotShotX[/quote]Not possible. While zombies can't directly exit, they can still leave a barricaded building by clicking on an adjacent block, just like us.

Still, "barricade strafing" - setting up dummy targets for zombies - is a practice supported by some. Far more dangerous is the "Cade and Ruin" strategy of some Death Cultists (humans who help zombies). When a Cultist is infected (either through a bite or revivification), he will free-run into a building and barricade it up as high as it can go. The infection will kill him, and he will ruin the building, turning it into a "pinata". The only way to secure the building is to bash the barricades down from the outside and kill the "candy" inside. Very irritating.

hell yeah i got necro tech employment now. that pluss 40 percent axe efficency should help me to level up alot quicker. question though is it every time you use a necrotech needle on a zombie that you get 10 exp? and is there some kind of rule on using them on zombies without them wanting to be rejuvinated?

You can use them on any zombie that doesn't have Brain Rot, but reviving enemies is considered bad form. Make sure you do DNA scans first to avoid Rotters. They always take 10 AP to use and net 10 EXP. You can manufacture them for 20 AP, though it's easier to search.

EDIT: Also, you still need Lab Experience to use them.

[quote name='The Crotch']You can use them on any zombie that doesn't have Brain Rot, but reviving enemies is considered bad form. Make sure you do DNA scans first to avoid Rotters. They always take 10 AP to use and net 10 EXP. You can manufacture them for 20 AP, though it's easier to search.

EDIT: Also, you still need Lab Experience to use them.[/quote]

shouldnt take too long i dont think. this last level i went up i earned pretty quick with fak's and my improved axe skills. once you get a hand of things and a few essential skills its not that hard to get leveling. thanks for the info btw that will be the next skill i purchase.

1: You get to use ankle grab.
2: "Combat revives" are very frowned-upon.
3: If they play as death cultists, you can be in big trouble.

[quote name='The Crotch']1: You get to use ankle grab.
2: "Combat revives" are very frowned-upon.
3: If they play as death cultists, you can be in big trouble.[/quote]

do zombies tend to steer clear of necrotech people due to the possibility of being revivied in retaliation for being attacked? talk about karma theyre trying to kill one of them and get revived by them in the midst of other zombies only to be attacked by their zombie comrades lol. i guess the best course of action is to sit close to revive spots and gain exp that way. heres to hoping down the line they create a kind of scientific group that turns humans into zombies that way you can do the herbert west thing and pretend youre in the reanimator.

[quote name='lokizz']do zombies tend to steer clear of necrotech people due to the possibility of being revivied in retaliation for being attacked?[/quote]Not really. Combat revives are rare - and if you kill a combat reviver, that's one less syringe in the neck you have to worry about. Besides, all dedicated zombie players have Brain Rot, so revivification doesn't matter. For what it's worth, my zombie clan targets scientists heavily, declaring them "evilutionists" and "Z!NNARZ".

[quote name='lokizz']talk about karma theyre trying to kill one of them and get revived by them in the midst of other zombies only to be attacked by their zombie comrades lol.[/quote]As we've noticed, the opposite happens regularly.

There's also the matter of Dual Natured characters, like my human used to be. If killed, they play zombie - if revived, they play human. Understandably, they're zombie more than human.

I don't have a lot of AP tonight, used a lot of it looking for a pistol. Ended up with a pistol clip and no gun. Maybe i can throw the bullets.

[quote name='csidegamer']Can someone PM the IRC info plz?[/quote]

Sent. And I won't be on tonight, but I will catch you guys tomorrow.

Alright, finally stocked up on a sufficient amount of ammo. Won't be able to do anything tonight. Holed up in the building east of Freeman Towers with no AP.

Dammit, people - stop using your AP outside of the predetermined attack time! I can understand if you can't make it or need to search for stuff, but you did yours, like... ten minutes ago, Geno. And you're even in the chat room!

Welcome. Need the link to your profile. Ask me if you need any help. Read the Wiki. Make sure you set CAS as your group. Don't sleep outside or in Ridleybank. Read the Wiki more.

[quote name='The Crotch']Dammit, people - stop using your AP outside of the predetermined attack time! I can understand if you can't make it or need to search for stuff, but you did yours, like... ten minutes ago, Geno. And you're even in the chat room![/quote]I've got enough crap that I need to be doing that I didn't have time to worry about coordinating with you guys tonight, so went ahead and used my AP up. Also, I'm using a BNC so just because I'm showing as there doesn't mean I'm actually there -- it'll stay connected even if I close IRC.

crap, i died..im in roftwood, i think its a church..oh feces :(!
if anyone can revive, awesome! if not, ill wait a day or 2 and look for a cemetary

bread's done
Back