Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

I get a bounty put on me for killing a zombie sympathizer.:lol:

Are we running anywhere for cover right now? I was in BG earlier when they hit it, but no one took any shots at me.

Since my revive, I've bought Free Running (my first human skill) and racked up three quick zed kills. I'm almost able to buy my next skill - I'm thinking either Hand To Hand Combat (since I'm a consumer, anything helps out when swinging an axe), Construction, or Diagnosis. Thought about continuing on with the shopper skills, but I may hold off on those. Any suggestions?

I've found that I'm money with the flare gun - three shots, three hits. :)

I say go for shopping first, it'd help you find FAKs and/or guns/ammo quickly. Then either go Diagnosis or the attack tree starting first with firearms. Personally I'd choose pistol over shotgun. Construction if you don't care about exp and want to help asap with the cading. But I would probably go with Shopping and search strictly for FAKs for now. Just pm or speak in the IRC, asking those with diagnosis or those who are injured on who to heal.

[quote name='The Crotch']Okay, what's all this noise about Swing Your Pants? Do you guys have evidence he is anti-survivor?[/quote]

I guess just the fact that he is RRF. He was involved with the pinata of the NTs the other night. He was also with yosemiteclimber at the time who is the leader of RRF's Gore Corps. We've been killing this guy since last week if I remember correctly - I think he is just getting tired of it and decided to report one of us as a PK'er just to screw with us.

[quote name='The Crotch']Okay, what's all this noise about Swing Your Pants? Do you guys have evidence he is anti-survivor?[/quote]Dude is RRF, he's been causing trouble at the NTs and helping the GC.

Guess he thought he'd label me a PKer.:roll:

cool, got revived by someone named Hiro Antihero

this is nice

mandem said "Hah! You stupid Mrh? Cows! All you do is stand at revive points begging for a needle! Why not move 1N and RUIN the Copeland building! Go on..you know you want to."

oh and Dick Weiner, if you are still there in about 5 hours, I'll be able to revive you. I only have 8 ap left

[quote name='Maklershed']8 zeds in the NW corner of banana grabber again![/quote]
I went to help and only found 1 zed, i and some other guy took him out.

Weird stuff going on. I wonder if they are coming in infected and then letting themselves die and attacking? A zed destroyed the generator in SE BG, not a human. The cade levels appear to be fine so I'm thinking it has to be infected RRF or something.

SE is powered again so if you need to search the mall, head to that area. The other two gennys need fuel.

2 zeds already inside the SE corner. I think I might just stay and die just to get my zed skills. But I would ask that the rest of you either stay and fight. Or if the coordinated effort proves futile, hightail it out of there.

[quote name='option.iv']2 zeds already inside the SE corner. I think I might just stay and die just to get my zed skills. But I would ask that the rest of you either stay and fight. Or if the coordinated effort proves futile, hightail it out of there.[/quote]

Just lucked out and killed that one with my first attack, dumped the body

[quote name='sp00ge']Great... out of IP hits for the day. I'm in SE BG, I hope I survive.[/quote]

I'm right there with ya cowboy. I'll try to help protect but I'm afraid I can only be a meat curtain until about 9pm tonight. That attack earlier this afternoon left me out of AP.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm right there with ya cowboy. I'll try to help protect but I'm afraid I can only be a meat curtain until about 9pm tonight. That attack earlier this afternoon left me out of AP.[/quote]

As long as we can hold off until 7:30p, when the hit counter resets, I'll be fine. I have almost 40 AP in reserve, so after the hit counter resets, I'll be able to help anyone who may need it.

I'm in the SE, no zeds in sight. Seems that some folks in the mall are on and taking care of them as they move in.

I'm low on AP for now, but by tonight i should be around 30 AP. Attacking in the NW used up a lot of AP, damn flak jacketed zeds.

I'm doing everything I can to not use AP until tonight. I keep wanting to check stuff out but starting the night with 15-20 AP isn't cutting it.

The problem is I have absolutely no ammo so I won't be much use until I can scrounge some up - which is gonna take AP...

[quote name='JolietJake']Dude is RRF, he's been causing trouble at the NTs and helping the GC.

Guess he thought he'd label me a PKer.:roll:[/quote]You got proof he's Gore Corps? Link to his profile, maybe? 'Cause I can go appeal your Rogues Gallery entry.

[quote name='The Crotch']Gore Corps are RRF.

Arthur already appealed and was shot down, as the guy was not in the Rogues Gallery list when you killed him. Weak.[/quote]I thought the GC were a subset of the RRF or something.

Either way, let them try and get me.:twoguns:

The Gore Corps are the human wing, yes, but they do not have distinct profiles or anything.

And yeah, fuck that noise. As much as I like taking the big bounties, Swing Your Pants is dead if I see him.

But let that be a lesson to you guys: if you see PKing or PKer behaviour, take a screenshot of it and report it to Brainstock.

Yeah, as I've mentioned before I play this game as bare bones as is possible. I haven't ever even been to the Rouge's Gallery.

As far as I'm concerned, killing any member of a zombie clan, especially one with the words Gore Corps in their description is fair play.

Too bad we don't have swingy in our sights again right now! I second Crotch's claim, we kill that whiny bizznatch on sight.

That being said, I only have 10 pistol rounds and 5 shotgun shells in the chamber. I have 45 ap so I can gain a few still.

Is there a coordinated attack occuring tonight or should I just barge into BG on my own?

[quote name='The Crotch']The Gore Corps are the human wing, yes, but they do not have distinct profiles or anything.

And yeah, fuck that noise. As much as I like taking the big bounties, Swing Your Pants is dead if I see him.

But let that be a lesson to you guys: if you see PKing or PKer behaviour, take a screenshot of it and report it to Brainstock.[/quote]

Yeah, I tried to intervene, but like you said, Rogue's Gallery is based on bounties. Since Swing had none, Joliet is technically PK'ing with is bullshit.

Anyway, kill who you need to kill, human or zed alike. We need to try to keep our current turf free of these mofos.

I've already been screenshotting destruction of generators and that kind of stuff.

Okay, night shift is here...well, at least I'm home from work.

I have 40 AP at the moment. I've got my lunchbox and I'm armed real well.

I'm going to sit and just let my AP increase until the meeting, or something happens. I saw zeds kept destroying the genny in NE BG. Must be infected RRF, because I didn't see the 'cades crumble.

I'm very disappointed with Swing's actions. By reporting Jake, he's just being a whiny little bitch, and greatly lowering my respect for the RRF and the Gore Corps.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm very disappointed with Swing's actions. By reporting Jake, he's just being a whiny little bitch, and greatly lowering my respect for the RRF and the Gore Corps.[/quote]

Quit playing on the radio...

Fear not though, for one of those RRF bastards got pwned right in the face, Leeroy style. DON'T RUN INTO THE WHELP EGGS, UNLESS YOU WANT THE AXE, BITCH!

[quote name='chuckie88']Plume: Want to make a combat run?

I'm packing some shells just itching to be fired![/quote]

Where're you thinking about going?

Where ever the targets are! I'm a few SE of the Leafy bldg. but don't mind hoofin' a bit.

I haven't done any scouting today so I have nothing in mind, if you know of a target I'm game.

I'm fine with taking out GC, RRF regulars, or any other zombies. Just give me something to shoot.

[quote name='chuckie88']Where ever the targets are! I'm a few SE of the Leafy bldg. but don't mind hoofin' a bit.

I haven't done any scouting today so I have nothing in mind, if you know of a target I'm game.

I'm fine with taking out GC, RRF regulars, or any other zombies. Just give me something to shoot.[/quote]

I'm probably going to wait an hour or so. Maybe someone knows something at the meeting. Plus, I'm going to try to get some food into me in the meantime.

No didn't see anyone else, checked the two FD, PD and leafy. am resting up on ap before i decide where to hang out at later. Did a few heals an a revive to CAG members.
Have more syringes if anyone needs a revive and lots of FAKS. Am low on the killing skills building up to that still.

Thanks for the update, saves me from checking into those bldgs, nobody of note in the bank by the pd or the adjacent library either.
All bldgs that I checked near the leafy one are clear except for the member of The Dead mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Just found the RRF GC guy that I witnessed PKing yesterday:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=142077

He's in the church 2 SW of BG, at 60hp, and most likely has a flackjack.
I could use some backup if anyone wants in on the action.

[quote name='chuckie88']Thanks for the update, saves me from checking into those bldgs, nobody of note in the bank by the pd or the adjacent library either.
All bldgs that I checked near the leafy one are clear except for the member of The Dead mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Just found the RRF GC guy that I witnessed PKing yesterday:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=142077

He's in the church 2 SW of BG, at 60hp, and most likely has a flackjack.
I could use some backup if anyone wants in on the action.[/quote]

Do you still need a hand?

NM, I killed him and tossed his ass out the window.

There were 24 zombies outside NW Pole Mall around 8:30PM.

I put one on his ass.

I want some advice on combat. Does anybody agree with this equation in terms of HP damage per AP used with maxed out combat skills?

Shotgun vs. Zombie w/o flak (10HP / (1AP to find shell + 1 AP to load shell + 1AP to fire)) > Pistol vs. Zombie w/o flak (5HP / (1/6AP to AP to find bullet + 1/6AP to load bullet +1AP to fire)) > Axe vs. Zombie (3HP / 1AP to swing) > Shotgun vs. Zombie w/ flak (8HP / (1AP to find shell + 1 AP to load shell + 1AP to fire)) > Pistol vs. Zombie w/ flak (4HP / (1/6AP to AP to find bullet + 1/6AP to load bullet +1AP to fire))

In other words, it is better to swing an axe at a flak jacketed zed than to shoot at him.

Wow, Plume! That was quick, I had no idea what was going on, it all happened so fast.:whee:
Now I need somebody else to attack gol' darn it...anyone have any ideas?

Father: I also have no idea what you're talking about.;)
Actually, the thing that you're forgetting is the % chance to hit.
When leveled up, the axe is 40% while the guns are at 65%.
That makes a big difference when deciding what to strike with.

EDIT: The FD Northern entry point to BG is under attack, 11 zeds inside another 1/2 dozen outside.
There's also a bunch of humans standing around outside so they may suicides feeding their horde.
I took an indoor zed down to the mid-teens in hp and secured the doors but I'm sure that won't last.
Not sure of my schedule this weekend but I'll try to check in when I can. As always, g'night and good luck.

[quote name='chuckie88']Wow, Plume! That was quick, I had no idea what was going on, it all happened so fast.:whee:
Now I need somebody else to attack gol' darn it...anyone have any ideas?

Father: I also have no idea what you're talking about.;)
Actually, the thing that you're forgetting is the % chance to hit.
When leveled up, the axe is 40% while the guns are at 65%.
That makes a big difference when deciding what to strike with.[/quote]

I don't fuck around. :lol: (Actually, I had a great hit ratio...only missed a couple times, but his flak jacket was absorbing, too.) I then returned to where I was and spent the rest of my AP restocking and remanaging my inventory. (I hate it when my weapons are not fully loaded at any given time.)

Father, you have to take into account that the percentages are just averages. The Axe never needs to be loaded nor do you need to hunt for ammo, but you can't get as high hit percentage nor deal as much damage. I have had times where I swung my ax ten times and hit every time and I have had times where I missed ten straight shots. (Last night or the night before, I tried to take on a PKer and could not land a shot for the life of me.)

It comes down to how you want to play. If you want to make the most of the "math," you could go with axing a flaked zed. In the end, it just comes down to if the random number generator is favoring you or not.

It also doesn't hurt to factor in how 'urgent' your AP needs are -- if you're waiting around without much to do save restocking or killing stray ferals your AP is a lot less valuable than it is in the middle of a siege. So it's not really as simple as straight math, and when you've got a horde on your ass you'll definitely be happy for those extra damage a pistol or shotgun will give you.

bread's done
Back