Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']There were 24 zombies outside NW Pole Mall around 8:30PM.

I put one on his ass.

I want some advice on combat. Does anybody agree with this equation in terms of HP damage per AP used with maxed out combat skills?

Shotgun vs. Zombie w/o flak (10HP / (1AP to find shell + 1 AP to load shell + 1AP to fire)) > Pistol vs. Zombie w/o flak (5HP / (1/6AP to AP to find bullet + 1/6AP to load bullet +1AP to fire)) > Axe vs. Zombie (3HP / 1AP to swing) > Shotgun vs. Zombie w/ flak (8HP / (1AP to find shell + 1 AP to load shell + 1AP to fire)) > Pistol vs. Zombie w/ flak (4HP / (1/6AP to AP to find bullet + 1/6AP to load bullet +1AP to fire))

In other words, it is better to swing an axe at a flak jacketed zed than to shoot at him.[/quote]
Yeah, but if you're already at a mall with shopping/bargain hunting it'll add at most 16-20AP for searching for pistol ammo and 24 left to kill a person with flak. Not including movement ap, finding loaded firearms, etc. But otherwise, if you are far from a mall or the mall is not powered, I'd suggest going with axe instead.

http://www.herbsofwar.com/test/combatstats.html

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Thanks for the feedback.

NW BG has 3 remaining zeds inside. They aren't active, but neither are the people inside.[/quote]

Looks like the zeds have been taken out. They are definitely parachuting infected humans into the mall and then dying on purose in a semi-coordinated manner. I think a lot of the infected are waiting for generators to come online, using enough AP to die from infection, and then trashing the generators. Just little stuff like that to annoy us. If you see anyone with seriously low HP, FAK 'em b/c at least it will cure their infection and defeat their strategy.

I also ran into Canker Sore (RRF GC) in a building to the N of BG. I'm pretty sure it was the warehouse. He has a Rogue's Gallery bounty of 10 on his head but I don't have the weapons or AP to do anything about it.

On the plus side, my alt was finally revived after a week and half of sitting at a RP! That has to be a record.

Man, I made a big tactical error. I wasnt paying attention to my ap and now I'm sleeping outside of 1s of SE BG. Hopefully I dont find myself dead before I can get back in. And hopefully it's not EHB.

[quote name='suko_32']I'm where you're at, but as a zed, but no one else is there.[/quote]

Thanks for not attacking me :lol:. I'm inside now.

Good tip on the location of Canker Sore Arthur, he was in the warehouse as you thought.
BG is presently zed-free so needless to say, he is no longer in the land of the living.

Barely pulled it off though as I hit with only 1 of 5 shotgun blasts and used all of my pistol rounds with about the same success %.
When he reached 6hp I was down to 6ap. Use the old knife attack for the first time. 3 straight stabs and it was over.

Dumped his body and retreated to SE BG by the skin of my teeth with exactly 1ap to spare.
Also notified that I was reaching the days hit max as I dumped his body, cutting it close all around!

I had a good outing with my zombie alt today as well so I'm happy with UD at the moment.
With no hits, ap, or ammo I'll just be waiting out the day I guess.

Plume: Are you giving up on your first CAS UD character in favor of Pixie?I'm pretty sure it is considered bad form to have 2 alts in 1 clan.
Plus the game allegedly screws you over or something if they're too close to each other in proximity in Malton.

I think I second Maklershed's :whee:because I have no idea what that flare gun thing means.

Unless of course you mean that you scored it in UD in which case I applaud you:applause:Brak.

Thanks.

Yeah; I headshot'd a zombie with my flare gun.

Humiliation kill!

I have 130xp at the moment. Do I get pistol training, shotgun training, diagnosis, necrotech employment, or save it for the next time I become a zombie?

Pistol training is a good choice, lots more bang for your buck over shotguns. 1 clip = 6 rounds and less encumbrance.

After my battle with that GC fool I must rely on the clan for my defense, here's to hoping that BG's SE corner holds out!

I thought this was funny.

Since your last turn:
  • Naa broadcast "Anasazi id=1043575 Bellamy [55,80] also Bugsbilby id=855807" from here, on 26.82 MHz. (1 hour and 25 minutes ago)
  • Bartholomew Kuma killed Naa. (1 hour and 6 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "According to a recent survey undertaken amongst people" (43 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "suffering from depression, many felt much better after" (43 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "eating a banana. This is because bananas" (43 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the" (42 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "body converts into serotonin," (42 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "known to make you relax, improve your mood" (41 minutes ago)
  • 26.82 MHz: "and generally make you feel happier! Have a banana TODAY!" (41 minutes ago)

A note on defending malls: it fucking sucks, especially with the update that allows zombies to block barricading even when they're offline. If you really wanna do it, do rounds whenever you log on, and sleep in the corner with the fewest people. Remember that killing zeds outside only gets you EXP - it doesn't really set them back any.

[quote name='Brak']Thanks.

Yeah; I headshot'd a zombie with my flare gun.

Humiliation kill![/quote]

:applause:

That is my favorite way to kill someone. I don't know if it is the low percentage of hitting, or just the thought of the "Breakfast Club attack," but I try to do that whenever I can.

Oh yeah, Chuckie, Pixie is my wife's character. She is having a lot of trouble, since she is still level 1 with no skills. She gets locked out, so she asked me to level her up a little and at least get free running.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']3 inside NW BG. Knocked one down to 17 HP.[/quote]

Clear now. Oh, and Plume, if you and your wife are coming from the same IP (which I assume would be the case), then you are going to supposedly suffer from system-induced negative RNG if you are in the same suburb.

EDIT: 41 zeds outside SW BG.

I wish they would increase the AP penalty of headshots to like 10, they of course then can adjust the percentages of how often it occurs rather than 100%

Yukine: I agree that would be a good idea, headshot shouldn't happen 100% of the time.

Plume: Arthur's right, 2 characters in the same area are alleged to cause RNG issues, that wouldn't help Pixie's plight at all.

I think gothic walrus and reinfeld should be removed from the wiki page, they are pretty low level and have strikes through there names.

I think it's safe to say they are no longer playing, I'll send them both a PM just to be sure though.

I'm pretty sure most of those people are already off the Wiki. Or are just inactive alts of people still playing.

Besides that, anyone can edit the Wiki. If they're inactive (save for Lieutenant Dan - Reinfeld? - who I talked to already about this), drop 'em.

Those three are already off the list, chuckie88.

I PMed Gothic Walrus and kdjayo and both have left UD so they were removed from the member list. I PMed Reinfeld but I guess you already discussed it with him.

We are now at 38 members.

[quote name='yukine']I PMed Gothic Walrus and kdjayo and both have left UD so they were removed from the member list.[/QUOTE]
I'm gone for now, but I'm planning on starting up again eventually. This semester has been killing me, but I should have more time during the summer. :)

I don't think you had any records, even so I can restore them and add you back to the member list when you have the spare time to be active.

I'm going to PM the other members as to supply a class and then edit the wiki accordingly.

I may have just witnessed a pking. I took a screenshot as evidence. 31337roxxor (not a part of any group) killed spot_munster. What should I do about that?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']"Breakfast Club attack"[/QUOTE]
I hadn't looked at it that way. :lol:

[quote name='The Crotch']Yukine: Remember when counting our numbers that sp00ge's wife and Pixie just joined us.

Geno: Yes. Yes it is.[/quote]

Oh, I'm just going by who is on the member list.

You ought to add them.

[quote name='yukine']Oh, I'm just going by who is on the member list.

You ought to add them.[/quote]

My wife should be counted as a merc, as we're both on the same IP. I don't want both of us to get banned for having multiple accounts in the same clan.

[quote name='The Crotch']NW BG is clear as of right now. 54 zeds outside.[/quote]

:shock:

I know I was saying we should stand our ground yesterday but that was when it was around 30. This is a whole different kettle of fish. Do we hold?

bread's done
Back