Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs From Battle Edition (All Platforms) $34.99 at Amazon

Brought at $40.16 late last night. I knew it wasn't going to survive for long below $40. It's plateauing at $61.63 for the Amazon price right now. See you guys in a couple of weeks.

Makes me sad when a genuinely great series (with a few missteps) does this poorly. I still haven't had time to dive into this game yet but it was one of the freshest games I played this decade. Reminded me of Ring of Red, if anyone remembers that sorely overlooked near-launch PS2 game.

So sad that this style of games aren’t enjoyed anymore.
I hope there is an Xcom 3
I don't think it's so much that they aren't enjoyed, pretty sure this game did well with critics and is generally liked by fans of the series. These types of games were never particularly popular on consoles, to begin with, and with so many games coming out anymore at varying degrees of quality and prices, something like Valkyria Chronicles 4 is just not going to sell over the larger releases that came out around it.

I don't think it's so much that they aren't enjoyed, pretty sure this game did well with critics and is generally liked by fans of the series. These types of games were never particularly popular on consoles, to begin with, and with so many games coming out anymore at varying degrees of quality and prices, something like Valkyria Chronicles 4 is just not going to sell over the larger releases that came out around it.
Exactly. I loved VC1 and want VC4, but can't bring myself to buy it because of all the other great games coming out.

I wish they released games like this back when I had a Gamecube and had slim JRPG pickings.

Currently flat-lining below $45 right now. It will probably drop below $40 in the next week if you keep an eye out.

I mean this type of game seems better on mobile to me. It's just personal preference!

Plus you get the discount on the first game in the Eshop if you own this one. I don't know if it applies to the physical version, but if it does, I am going to get that one too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I Got mine on One because as far as I can tell the game plays same on all platforms, but I have a bunch of black controllers and a doggo skin will help bring some diversity.

Also I'll probably end up buying it again digitally when it hits Humble regardless.

ah shit do I want this? damn. Maybe? I liked the first game well enough. I wish BB would lower the price on the collectors ed they have in stock locally.

Got it thanks. Was tempted to get the PS4 version over the Xbox (since I care less about covering up the PS4 controller than the Scorpio), but was worried it would never get played.

Standard ver is still $19.99 currently. The artbook and tank is easily worth the extra $15. From unboxing vids I've seen, you get a bonus dlc code too!

I bit the on Xbox version for 35 plus tax. I don’t really have space for the extras like the tank. The switch version was out of stock

decided to grab the ps4 version. usually if a game is available on x1 I get them on x1 but since valkyria remastered is on ps4 might as well get this on ps4 too.

bread's done
Back