Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was looking on Amazon to see if they were going to have a guide for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but they had a Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed instead at $17 off the list price!

It's listed as having 400 pages, so it's probably the same thing as the Valkyria: Development Artworks (Japanese) book except a lot cheaper and in English.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1926778162/

Publisher: Udon Entertainment (January 15, 2011)

Udon is the same company that released all of those Capcom artbooks and I have a few of them and they're really cool.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)[/QUOTE]

Edit: New Lower Price: $31.49! :bouncy:

Barnes and Nobel: $33.74
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781926778167/?itm=3&USRI=valkyria+chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']You didn't order when it was $32.99? :*([/QUOTE]

well... no... had to work at 12:50 pm.

lol. damn.

[quote name='Squarehard']You didn't order when it was $32.99? :*([/QUOTE]

In my case, I just noticed this deal today. But still, the book looks really cool and I'm probably going to order it.

400 page artbook for ~35 dollars. Pretty nice.

Huzzah! Canceled and re-ordered.

Hard to predict what the price will be on release, so I rather not risk it. Fluctuating quite a bit.

Amazon often updates existing orders as part of their Pre-order low price guarantee, but I guess to be safe canceling and re-ordering is fine.

First of thanks a lot to the OP for crating this thread, I remember seeing the art book on some gaming blogging site and it looked gorgeous. I was tempted to import one but I never had the cash to do so. I also didn't catch the $32 pre-order price earlier and was settling for $35.xx, then I saw it dropped even lower today. Pre-Ordering again at amazon. By the time it comes in I'll probably have forgotten and it will end up being a surprise.

Thanks, OP! Nabbed one this time. Always regretted not preordering VC from GameStop to get their preorder artbook, but this is much better.

You guys really don't need to cancel/reorder when this happens. Just check your open orders. They automatically dropped my price from $32.99 to $31.49 already. I can see it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Amazon often updates existing orders as part of their Pre-order low price guarantee, but I guess to be safe canceling and re-ordering is fine.[/QUOTE]

Mine was updated to the lower price.

And this is one of the many reasons amazon has and always will have my business :D

[quote name='Zippon']You guys really don't need to cancel/reorder when this happens. Just check your open orders. They automatically dropped my price from $32.99 to $31.49 already. I can see it.[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't update, which is why I decided to cancel and re-order.

It might have eventually anyways, but doesn't make a difference if I cancel and re-order anyways.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Mine was updated to the lower price.

And this is one of the many reasons amazon has and always will have my business :D[/QUOTE]

mine was re-adjusted as well.. just wait 4 a few hours for this to be updated. No need to cancel and re-order :D

[quote name='Zippon']You guys really don't need to cancel/reorder when this happens. Just check your open orders. They automatically dropped my price from $32.99 to $31.49 already. I can see it.[/QUOTE]If it doesn't happen after two full days from the time the price dropped, their system isn't catching it and you should cancel/reorder.

Don't forget you can check price tracking on www.camelcamelcamel.com .

[quote name='Squarehard']Mine didn't update, which is why I decided to cancel and re-order.

It might have eventually anyways, but doesn't make a difference if I cancel and re-order anyways.[/QUOTE]
Eh, dunno about that. I doubt this will be limited, but if it were, you were at a higher position earlier of getting it then you are now.

Just sayin'.

[quote name='DKYang']Eh, dunno about that. I doubt this will be limited, but if it were, you were at a higher position earlier of getting it then you are now.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work like that on Amazon.

[quote name='Squarehard']Mine didn't update, which is why I decided to cancel and re-order.

It might have eventually anyways, but doesn't make a difference if I cancel and re-order anyways.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I've had things not update when a price dipped temporarily, so I didn't want to take a chance and miss out at the lower price.

[quote name='Reira']Thanks, OP! Nabbed one this time. Always regretted not preordering VC from GameStop to get their preorder artbook, but this is much better.[/QUOTE]

I actually did pre-order the game like the day before and still got the art book. It sits proudly on my top shelf of my guide bookcase with a sealed copy of the game. Can't wait for this book to join the ranks!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']No hardback?[/QUOTE]

No, Udon rarely does hardcover stuff, and when they do it is usually a hyper-expensive pre-order or convention-exclusive.

[quote name='Zippon']In for one! Thanks, OP.

Agreed on all counts. The Okami book is absolutely beautiful, so if that is the quality then this will be stunning. I was just browsing my VC strat guide last night, matter of fact, and admiring how beautiful the character shots were.[/QUOTE]

Is the Okami book sold new anywhere that isn't marked up? I played Okami last year on Wii and loved it.

price is reflected on my order (ordered about a month ago). Can't wait to get it. Fortunately, in the time I ordered it, my wife has gotten into it, too.

What the heck? It's $29.91 now and when I preordered back in October, even with my Gold Box discount tacked on it's $29.92. Going to write to Amazon and ask for a price adjust... Not for a penny, but to see if I can get the Gold Box discount percentage deducted from the $29.91 price.

Was thinking of bumping this thread the past few weeks. The last I heard the release date was sometime in FEB so was waiting for a 1 month till release bump. Thanks DKYang, glad to know about an even lower price.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Wound up pulling the trigger on it. Didn't see this thread the first time around. Thanks for refreshing it DKY.[/QUOTE]

This x 2.

Well, I was able to get the price adjustment, but the rep said that since I "post-ordered," there was no price guarantee, but did give me the adjustment just this once.

I have no idea where this person got the idea that I post-ordered something or perhaps I just don't understand that term since I pre-ordered this book when the OP mentioned it here. If any of you guys know what post-order means, then please do tell.

Thanks for rebumping this thread. I was very, VERY close to getting the japanese version from eBay. I guess I'll be getting this book next month, along with Summer Wars on BR and Marvel vs Capcom 3 ^_^

[quote name='Ecofreak']Impressed that B&N will carry this as well.

Maybe this will show Sega to release another game on the fucking PS3![/QUOTE]

Considering that VC3 is going to be on PSP, I get the feeling that they won't. But I'm sure we'll continue to get "quality" Sonic games on the PS3. I'd buy a PS3 VC sequel on day one but on the PSP, I'll pass. Couldn't stand playing VC2 on the PSP.

Oh well, at least they're bringing over Yakuza 4 to the US.

I actually don't mind VC2. Though it's nowhere near as awesome as VC1. Doubt 3 will be as good either, but at least I'm sure it'll be fun.

bread's done
Back