Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was looking on Amazon to see if they were going to have a guide for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but they had a Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed instead at $17 off the list price!

It's listed as having 400 pages, so it's probably the same thing as the Valkyria: Development Artworks (Japanese) book except a lot cheaper and in English.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1926778162/

Publisher: Udon Entertainment (January 15, 2011)

Udon is the same company that released all of those Capcom artbooks and I have a few of them and they're really cool.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)[/QUOTE]

Edit: New Lower Price: $31.49! :bouncy:

Barnes and Nobel: $33.74
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781926778167/?itm=3&USRI=valkyria+chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, I just got the notice, too.

The last time a book got delayed this many times, it was eventually canceled. I hope that doesn't happen this time. :cry:

[quote name='thelonepig']I just got an Amazon notice that it's been delayed until July. I'd say that's great as I can't really afford it at the moment anyway, but this is one of three things I currently have preordered and paid for with giftcards.[/QUOTE]

Lol I used the $20 giftcard from the deal website where you could sign up and buy one for 10 bucks. Guess it'll be sitting there for awhile.

I know this is separate from Vaklyria Chronicles, but Amazon just put up some preorders for a book covering the "Atelier" series and "Shining" series.

Atelier book

Shining book

They both look awesome and are being published by Udon. I threw up my pre-orders with the remaining credit I had.

Strange they wold bring over a artbook for Shinning series since we never got Shining Wind and unlikely to get Hearts

Had seen the other two previously, but went ahead and put a pre-order down on them as well. Not sure if I will get them, but they're -very- cheap right now(like 22.xx each?) and the pre-order guarantee is always nice if they drop another buck or two.

Amazon's page for the Valkyria Chronicles book says it is being released April 27. My order says I should receive the book on July 14. Anyone else see this?

[quote name='mowmow']i hope vc2's artbook gets translated too[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to this? I've never heard of it before.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Amazon's page for the Valkyria Chronicles book says it is being released April 27. My order says I should receive the book on July 14. Anyone else see this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see the April 27 release date. I guess Amazon is being slow updating delivery dates. Anyway, the price has also increased to $31.49 for new pre-orders, and Barnes & Noble isn't accepting any new orders.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Amazon's page for the Valkyria Chronicles book says it is being released April 27. My order says I should receive the book on July 14. Anyone else see this?[/QUOTE]

It is indeed tentatively mid-April, according to Udon's Twitter. The Amazon ship date is just a placeholder, since no release date is official. That update is from Feb. 7.

Got an e-mail moving my expected delivery date to April 29th.

My delivery date is expected in early/mid May. Takotchi, when did you place your preorder? Mine was around November/December of last year, maybe a little earlier...

[quote name='Lord_Zath']My delivery date is expected in early/mid May. Takotchi, when did you place your preorder? Mine was around November/December of last year, maybe a little earlier...[/QUOTE]

My email says delivery date of May 9-13. I ordered in August. Quit holding out Amazon! Actually, I'll just be happy whenever I get it.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']My delivery date is expected in early/mid May. Takotchi, when did you place your preorder? Mine was around November/December of last year, maybe a little earlier...[/QUOTE]

August 23, 2010. :oldman:

edit: Yes, I ordered using the free 2-day from Prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference in delivery date probably has to do with what shipping method you went with. I went with FSSS. I'm guessing whoever has a late April date has Prime or got 2-day delivery.

Sega "Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive"
Previous estimated arrival date: July 18 2011 - July 22 2011
New estimated arrival date: May 03 2011 - May 07 2011

I feel like I'm due for a lesson in localization.... you think this would be something that would have a pretty quick turnaround as far as translating and such goes, so why the wait? Is this a matter of pinpointing a profitable release date? I couldn't really see this book doing much worse or even much better no matter what month of the year it is released.

I went ahead and e-mailed Udon to ask about a release date for this book. I got a quick reply :D and wanted to share to anyone else that has already pre-ordered or plans to. I also requested info on the Atelier Series: Official Chronicle and Tony's Artworks from Shining World that was mentioned pages back in this thread.
I don't' have an exact date to give you, but all these books are at the
printer now, and the estimate in-store times are May for Atelier & Shining
World, and early June for Valkyria.

And if you like these types of art books, there are more coming later in the
year for similar games, so stay tuned to UDON ;)
I've waited months already so a few more won't hurt now that we have a tentative date set for actual release.

did this ever get below 20 bucks? I could have SWORN i had this saved to my wishlist months ago and that it was 18.98 or something at the time. now im looking and its about 27 bucks.. i'll go ahead and preorder one since i loved the game but im really wondering if im just flat out wrong on the lower price.

Some of you said you preordered quite a while ago, did amazons pre order guaretee mention the lowest price?

btw, isn't there some little artbook that came out before this? I think with pre-orders? ... this thing:
http://www.destructoid.com/contest-win-some-valkyria-chronicles-figurines-and-art-book-130507.phtml

im just curious if anyone knows what its from (i think pre-orders) and what it actually contains. Im wondering if its worth it hunting a copy down

Lowest it ever went was around 24 bucks. Amazon didn't automatically adjust for a lot of people, but all you need to do is to either contact them or cancel & re-order.

The Pre-order booklet "On the Gallian Front" is just 32 pages of some maps, a few sketches and some liner notes. While it is a translated version of the one included in the Japanese LE of the game, it's nothing worth the $60+ asking price on eBay. Hell, I'll flickr it if you want.

I just realized I'm going to buy an small Imperial Guard army from Warhammer 40K and paint them like Valkyria Chronicles characters, or at least use the color scheme.

... *ahem* or at least that's my justification for pre-ordering the art book. It's not like I don't have two other armies that need painted...

hmm i must just be tripping on the price point then, but i coulda SWORN it was that price.. maybe it was some other book i had in my list or something

anyway i guess i'll probably preorder it soon. I wish it was a hardcover though, looks like its just a paperback =(

[quote name='n1c0']
The Pre-order booklet "On the Gallian Front" is just 32 pages of some maps, a few sketches and some liner notes. While it is a translated version of the one included in the Japanese LE of the game, it's nothing worth the $60+ asking price on eBay. Hell, I'll flickr it if you want.[/QUOTE]

hmm thnx. So sounds like its not even really an artbook, but more of a war journal type thing with some notes and maps. Kinda neat, but not worth the 40+ bucks it costs on ebay, your right! Too bad wish i had preordered the game.

What do you mean you can flickr it?

[quote name='Kenshindono']What do you mean you can flickr it?[/QUOTE]

Flickr is a photo-sharing sites, not unlike Photobucket.

So pretty much an offer to take a picture of it for you.

Artbook is superb! but like kenshin said, be nice if it was HC instead paperback.

I'll pretty much jump on any artbook/LE guide made by -
Future Press
Piggyback
Udon Entertainment

hmm cool that, if you wouldn't mind some pics would be nice then since i dont think ill shell out what it goes for online id like to actually see what it looks like. Maybe if i see it cheap i'll snag it. As for the artbook i think i'll go ahead and preorder it tomorow

Yeah, I just got the Amazon release date change email as well. Man, I remember how originally this was going to be a Valentine's Day gift for the wife...now I'm hoping it'll even make it for a Christmas gift, damn.

not only that, some of the other artbook trailing on amazon is getting shuffled around quite a bit too. Ar Tonelico and such

Too lazy to look through the thread to see if anyone said this, but...

At this rate, Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be translated and ready for U.S. distribution. X_X

Did the book actually come out on April 27 like Amazon claims, or do they just have a placeholder date up that was never updated?

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Did the book actually come out on April 27 like Amazon claims, or do they just have a placeholder date up that was never updated?[/QUOTE]

No. The shipping estimate for me is June 20. I pre-ordered in August.

[quote name='salty tbone']They also don't list the Shining World, Ar Tonelico or Atelier books either, so who knows what Amazon and Udon are doing.[/QUOTE]

The vibe I get is that Udon's web site is focused on featuring Capcom tiltles, they might just be getting into Gust/Sega art books. I get the feeling if these start selling well they will start pushing these on their website more (I hope).

bread's done
Back